Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,047 members, 7,825,338 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 11:59 AM

Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South (34363 Views)

The Isolated Marquesas Islands In The South Pacific (Pictures) / Top 10 Countries With Cheapest Fuel In The World- Nigeria Is One Of The Cheapest / What Is The Best And Cheapest State In Nigeria To Start Up Life? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by eniorisha(m): 12:00pm On Aug 01, 2022
The OP hasn't been to Ebonyi State, I guess that's why he made that conclusion about Osun.

Ebonyi State is one of the top 3 scantiest State in Nigeria, house rent is as low as 10k for a room self contain, even 3 bedroom flat is not more than 50k.... If you come outside to your street on a working day, it will be very quiet and deserted..... As everyone has either gone to farm or their trade.

Plus the light is great and Dave Umahi really tried in the construction of roads.

Osun still has a lot of population compared to Ebonyi State.

He should travel there and see things for himself.... And I'm not even from Ebonyi, but I've been there and can attest to this.
Are u for real? Ebonyi whr i did my nysc? The only thing u got right is scantiness of d hinterland. Ebonyi u will go two LG in stretch without a bank & a whole LG Hqtr wtout 1 private sch not to talk of other better paid jobs? i am frm OSUN but i av to admit ABAK is more sophisticated than Osogbo. Aside Abak in EB, d rest of d state is village

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by Sheriman(m): 12:00pm On Aug 01, 2022
EhisChelsea1:

I served in Osun state capital, Osogbo and I adopted that state as my second home. Things are not just cheap there, but the people are very hospitable and accommodating.

Osun is one of the states where you go to market with your Corper uniform, or it’s known that you are a stranger and you get the prices of products slashed, just because you are a stranger.

While there, I often wondered if it’s same country and if we operate same currency. There simple mindset too different from my Edo state own o
You no lie, na true I also serve in Osogbo the state capital. I am very proud of their steady electricity and cool brease of the city.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by Bobbiee: 12:01pm On Aug 01, 2022
flejnr2:

It’s like you are a herdsman? This one wey you Dey find green grass

There's something about dust, red earth, and hot sun that I have really grown to hate.

1 Like

Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by booblacain(m): 12:01pm On Aug 01, 2022
Olojuobinrin:

See don’t listen to the rubbish they’re saying about the house rent being cheap except you’re renting houses in Villages, if you’re coming to Osogbo, be ready to pay between 200-250k for a for a room and parlor selfcon only , then 2bdr , make sure your pocket is heavy enough for between 250-300k then add agency and agreement to it ! But if you’re willing to live in Remote areas of the city , then you will pay less than that , rent is no longer cheap in Osogbo as it used to years back . I live in Osogbo , Halleluyah estate to be precise and just recently I tried to see if I could get a new place but when I heard how much they were calling for me , I changed my mind and decided to renew my rent in my current place which I pay 250 for a 3bed but I rented the place 2years ago

Thank for clarifying this bro. About how much do they charge for agent and agreement fee for that 2 bedroom flat?
Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by shegzy0514(m): 12:02pm On Aug 01, 2022
Holluwhakemmy:
Yes every Friday is their market day and things are cheaper there
Nice to hear, it has been long I went there
Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by AnonymustME(m): 12:02pm On Aug 01, 2022
Viscuz:

Say what you know you can’t call Bayelsa useless because it’s still developing .

On the other hand because it is still developing that is what makes it cheap .

Other states that re better is not only the government that developed it . Go and buy a land in Bayelsa Nd devolved other people will buy and develop that is how it is done

Oga rest, Bayelsa is one of the most expensive states to live in. Even more expensive than Rivers state. I don’t know what you’re dragging up and down. How can anyone who as lived in Bayelsa mention it when people are talking about cheap places to live. I’m from Bayelsa, I’ve lived there....not a single soul who has lived in Bayelsa agrees with you but you still dey drag matter.

2 Likes

Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by Evaremedy: 12:03pm On Aug 01, 2022
leksite120:
You're just a pathetic fellow. You cannot compare any SE state to Ibadan and Abeokuta in terms of standard of living and peace.
Lol that shows you don't understand standard of living then.
Do u think living a hut and probably doing 50 thousand naira monthly salary government job makes standard living high or what.
How do u measure your own standard of living??
Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by NwaMamaIwota(f): 12:07pm On Aug 01, 2022
Femifasola:

Only Ogun state does that rubbish. I don't even know where they learnt it from
I heard that too
from a friend in Osun
Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by Ogbuu101: 12:07pm On Aug 01, 2022
clockwisereport:

I have lived in Enugu all my life, except for few occasions when I lived in Omoku and Azare.

Wetin you find reach Azare?
Azare by Maiduguri Road or d part where d FMC is?
Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by Nobody: 12:09pm On Aug 01, 2022
In term of accommodation fee Ilesa remain the best and the cheapest

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by NwaMamaIwota(f): 12:09pm On Aug 01, 2022
DSC7:
In osun state you can get a single room for 12k yearly in a busy environment...

Safe contain 30k yearly....

2bedroom flat 50-60k yearly....

3bedroom flat 70k yearly....

Plus 12 to 18hrs steady power supply...

But................................ lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Again most of the youths there are into
Hello Baba, Yahoo yahoo and Rituals..

Modified:To those doubting me, you can come to modakeke and confirm for yourselves..

haaaa make I relocate to Osun like this ooo
Imagine me paying 500k for 2 bedroom flat for awka cry
my only fear is that ThatFairGuy1 my sweetheart will kill me if he sees me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by Femifasola: 12:10pm On Aug 01, 2022
blazesam:

Osun is fucking expensive. No roads, no jobs,food is expensive, and all you know can be cheap out there is expensive there. Rubbish place, I just pray Adeleke changes a lot of things there.
Which part of Osun are you from?
Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by ebner70(m): 12:10pm On Aug 01, 2022
Same osun I live? I live in ile-ife, a 3 bedroom flat with 2 bathrooms and toilet is 350k.
DSC7:
In osun state you can get a single room for 12k yearly in a busy environment...

Safe contain 30k yearly....

2bedroom flat 50-60k yearly....

3bedroom flat 70k yearly....

Plus 12 to 18hrs steady power supply...

But................................ lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Again most of the youths there are into
Hello Baba, Yahoo yahoo and Rituals..

Modified:To those doubting me, you can come to modakeke and confirm for yourselves..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by Femifasola: 12:11pm On Aug 01, 2022
shantti:

Where do u base. I stay in ogo oluwa, osogbo
I'm in ile ife
Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by Femifasola: 12:12pm On Aug 01, 2022
yemmit90:

Ile- Ife is not cheap at all.

More expensive than what you get in other states except Lagos.
Same ile ife wey I dey. Here three bedroom flat with pop is 240k per annum. Better say what you know

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by Massdamm(m): 12:13pm On Aug 01, 2022
Ogbuu101:

Jersey boy from ikirun

Ikirun, that's my town bruv
Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by Massdamm(m): 12:14pm On Aug 01, 2022
vacettetommy:

Are you a resident of Ikirun? If yes it’s nice to meet you here buddy
Comrade I'm a native of ikirun
cheesy smiley
Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by Femifasola: 12:14pm On Aug 01, 2022
Holluwhakemmy:
Ile-Ife not included things are very expensive here unless you are talking about Ipetu, Yakoyo etc
Same ile ife wey I dey? A three bedroom flat with pop here is 240k.if you doubt drop your number here and I will link you to an agent
Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by Femifasola: 12:15pm On Aug 01, 2022
Holluwhakemmy:
It depends on the Location not the whole Osun entirely.
Where in osun are you
Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by EmiDon11: 12:15pm On Aug 01, 2022
clockwisereport:

Which part of Nsukka?
udenu
And u?
Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by iamdref: 12:17pm On Aug 01, 2022
I just 180k for a room and parlour at Okinni very close to Capita,so nothing is cheap here in Osun State except for some location and is almost the same thing in Lagos State
Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by DSC7: 12:17pm On Aug 01, 2022
NwaMamaIwota:

haaaa make I relocate to Osun like this ooo
Imagine me paying 500k for 2 bedroom flat for awka cry
my only fear is that ThatFairGuy1 my sweetheart will kill me if he sees me

In the whole SW it's only Lagos that house rents are expensive...
Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by clockwisereport: 12:19pm On Aug 01, 2022
EmiDon11:
udenu

And u?

Nsukka
Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by lawani: 12:19pm On Aug 01, 2022
The majority of towns in Nigeria are very cheap to live in and the expensive ones are mainly Abuja and Lagos. The majority of the rest are more or less the same. Even in Abuja and Lagos not everywhere has high rent and rent is the main problem
Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by Femifasola: 12:20pm On Aug 01, 2022
Saintinoo:

No mind them, Osun is cheap simply because it's poor, no Economic activities, those expensive States are like that because it has more Economic activities.

You stay in States like Osun, you standard of living keeps decreasing. Na when you Osun with your 10 million and e no reach by you land for Delta, or lagos ghetto you go know say Osun na wash.
That's actually an advantage for osun. More value for your money cool
Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by DSC7: 12:20pm On Aug 01, 2022
ebner70:
Same osun I live? I live in ile-ife, a 3 bedroom flat with 2 bathrooms and toilet is 350k.

Well i was referring to Modakeke Ife....
Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by EmiDon11: 12:20pm On Aug 01, 2022
clockwisereport:

Nsukka
which L.G.A ?
Or u mean nsukka L.G.A?
Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by clockwisereport: 12:22pm On Aug 01, 2022
EmiDon11:
which L.G.A ?

Or u mean nsukka L.G.A?

Yes
Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by EmiDon11: 12:25pm On Aug 01, 2022
clockwisereport:

Yes
ok
mine is udenu under nsukka
Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by EmiDon11: 12:25pm On Aug 01, 2022
clockwisereport:

Yes
ok
mine is udenu which is under nsukka
Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by Femifasola: 12:26pm On Aug 01, 2022
Christistruth00:

Let me humbly remind you that both Modakeke and Ife are in Osun State and both are

Battle Tested Fighters so when in Osun kindly employ good security to watch what comes out of your loose mouth

Osun doesn’t suffer blabber mouths and Chest beaters gladly

They will deposit you and your Luggage in the next Bus heading back to your Village. in

the East without uttering a single word of Complaint they will even pay

the Bus driver your fare back home and give you for free all the Akara you can eat on the Journey

Hian. The guy is a troll and obviously joking, why take him serious

1 Like

Re: Osun: The Cheapest State To Live In The South by Femifasola: 12:26pm On Aug 01, 2022
flejnr2:

It’s like you are a herdsman? This one wey you Dey find green grass
grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Young Civilian Directs Traffic For Hours...(photos) / My Experience Of Racism In America, What Africans Can Learn From It- Aroms Aigbe / Man Plunges Car Into Swamp In Bayelsa And Dies Instantly (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.