Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,985 members, 7,825,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:25 AM

Who Is The Best Nigerian Musical Artist Talentwise? - Music/Radio (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Who Is The Best Nigerian Musical Artist Talentwise? (26561 Views)

The Most Corrupt Nigerian Musical Video / These Are The Top Best Nigerian Songs Of 2021, Which Is Your Favourite? / Mention Two Best Nigerian Gospel Songs You Have Heard This Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Musical Artist Talentwise? by Doctortest: 10:25pm On Dec 28, 2022
Who da funk is 1da baton first time am hearing that name as a Nigerian
Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Musical Artist Talentwise? by Royzevic(m): 11:00pm On Dec 28, 2022
OLAMIDE
Without thinking

This guy can sing about anything..
Plus can sing and rap..
Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Musical Artist Talentwise? by ebenmosi360(m): 11:21pm On Dec 28, 2022
Rubbish
Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Musical Artist Talentwise? by Thazard(m): 11:40pm On Dec 28, 2022
aribisala0:
Yes everybody is a musician in their own way. If you can sing the National Anthem you are a musician
gringringrin
Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Musical Artist Talentwise? by Joeblazeochola(m): 11:49pm On Dec 28, 2022
dangoteinlaw:
a musician is one that writes his own songs and can sing them. 2face can't write to save his life
u lie bro, u must not be a writer to be talented... Talent is divine
Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Musical Artist Talentwise? by Joeblazeochola(m): 11:53pm On Dec 28, 2022
Benwallt:

You mean to say that some ppl actually believed blackface wrote the song he claimed?
Funny beings dey this world I swear.

Blackface I am sure can't write two lines that rhymes
funny bone, bro blackface can write to a point but dude is not "talented"
Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Musical Artist Talentwise? by Lekwandoskii(m): 12:27am On Dec 29, 2022
Get paid for sharing articles on Facebook. Don't just spend money running through Facebook, instead spend and earn whilst using the site...Follow the link below & start earning today �

https://buzz24.me/this-app-pays-you-to-share-articles-on-facebook?mbn=u07c8abb3e

Pls don't forget to share this link with your friends. Thanx �
Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Musical Artist Talentwise? by Powerfly(f): 1:56am On Dec 29, 2022
BeanX:
You forgot "she tell me say" cheesy
Wizkid doesn't have any good lyrics these days at all.

I get girl wey wan die for me...she wan burst her kolo for me.

Ahhh Wizkid...I know you're one of the hottest ladies man...truth be told...even as a fellow girl, once you have doing even girls will be struggling to be in your life....girls oo...not to talk of guys.
So Wizkid should understand that we k ow he has countless girls to flex with.
He should give us that Ojuelegba vibes...that I love my baby signal, when I want to enjoy wizkid I just play essence and ballin d'or.... especially essence.....that's when I feel him.

2 Likes

Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Musical Artist Talentwise? by Keji1012(m): 5:03am On Dec 29, 2022
Pasuma wonder grin
Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Musical Artist Talentwise? by ikorodureporta: 5:28am On Dec 29, 2022
Kizz Daniel - he understands the climate...

I don't know about people, but I have to say this....I never enjoyed Wizkid & Burna boys songs.... None of their songs got into my music list

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Musical Artist Talentwise? by Trueyarn(m): 7:21am On Dec 29, 2022
kanupapilo:

Burna Boy is not in top 5 talent wise.

His lyrical prowess and the ability to sing live without missing any note or going off key is not a talent? Just dey play you hear.

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Musical Artist Talentwise? by BeanX(m): 8:29am On Dec 29, 2022
Powerfly:

I get girl wey wan die for me...she wan burst her kolo for me.

Ahhh Wizkid...I know you're one of the hottest ladies man...truth be told...even as a fellow girl, once you have doing even girls will be struggling to be in your life....girls oo...not to talk of guys.
So Wizkid should understand that we k ow he has countless girls to flex with.
He should give us that Ojuelegba vibes...that I love my baby signal, when I want to enjoy wizkid I just play essence and ballin d'or.... especially essence.....that's when I feel him.
True... he's just singing rubbish these days
Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Musical Artist Talentwise? by Babsolala: 8:41am On Dec 29, 2022
Holav:
Are u kidding me Burna is talented than wiz no b ment b dat no musician in Nigeria right now is talented than wiz ,wiz has touch all genre in music down to pop, rnb,reggae, fusion,afrobeats and more and make hit with them a

Speaking of touching every genre, you've not made sense because Burna Boy has touched all of the aforementioned.
You funny!

Now compare them on the following:
Stage performance
Voice control
Performance with live band
Penmanship
Versatility
Acapella...

Please don't ever compare Wizkid to Burna Boy on these indices because Burna Boy is miles ahead of Wizkid on these.
Go and watch their rehearsals, stage performances, both live and whatnot.

See this guy! grin
Have you ever watched Burna sing without instrumentals and any studio effect?
And have you seen that of Wizkid too?
Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Musical Artist Talentwise? by LILTJAY: 9:16am On Dec 29, 2022
BeanX:
Please remove Burna boy, no Nigerian musician reach Burna boy.
burna boy songs na rubbish to me. same as overhyped wizkid and groggy davido

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Musical Artist Talentwise? by BeanX(m): 9:47am On Dec 29, 2022
LILTJAY:
burna boy songs na rubbish to me. same as overhyped wizkid and groggy davido
So na Ruger come dey sing better song? chai! ur music choice is wack I swear
Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Musical Artist Talentwise? by onyeka3310: 10:04am On Dec 29, 2022
kanupapilo:
Who do you think is the best Nigerian musical artist talentwise?

I am not talking of commercial success the likes of Davido,Rema and Burnaboy have enjoyed. I am talking about raw and natural musical talent that hardly misses with the tracks they release.

My top 5 in order of talent and who create consistently good songs:

1) Fireboy DML
2) Wizkid
3) Reekado Banks
4) Idabanton
5)Omah Lay
it's easy to detect indomie generation
Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Musical Artist Talentwise? by africandollar: 11:09am On Dec 29, 2022
jayworld15:

He did know how to play instruments. It was not his things because the roles were not his but his brothers. But if you ask him to play for you, he'd do that without any problem.

The keyword here is 'proficiently'...you have your sources and I also have mine ergos [url]https://www.nme.com/blogs/nme-blogs/the-incredible-way-michael-jackson-wrote-music-16799#:~:text=Contrary%20to%20received%20wisdom%2C%20he,other%20performer%20by%20his%20father[/url].

Jackson couldn’t read or write music at all. Contrary to received wisdom, he could play instruments a bit – he’s credited as playing keyboard, synthesizer, guitar, drums and percussion on ‘HIStory’ – but none proficiently. He didn’t have any formal composition training, though one could say he was trained harder than any other performer by his father.
Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Musical Artist Talentwise? by gfon(m): 11:40am On Dec 29, 2022
kanupapilo:

Burna Boy is not in top 5 talent wise.
Bro do you even listen to burna songs, do you even pay attention to lyrics of a song,or do you just flow with it because it's a good beat and it's trending. Burna is number one my guy,Him getting that Grammy wasn't a fluke. He earned it.
Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Musical Artist Talentwise? by gfon(m): 11:41am On Dec 29, 2022
fourboys:
bros u are not meant to talk about good music because u know nothing about it.. ur choice of good music is too bad.. nowonder u can't differentiate wack musicians
the guy is a big dunce when it comes to music. All these ones don't even take time to listen to the lyrics. Omo this is a big insult on Burna
Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Musical Artist Talentwise? by nairamaniac: 7:48pm On Dec 29, 2022
jayworld15:

If anyone says "knowledge of the instruments" isn't important, such person doesn't know about good songsters and songstresses or musicians because there isn't any great musician in history who doesn't know how to play (at least) one or two instruments.
U just told one of the biggest lies here.

Forget what Wikipedia may tell you about Whitney Houston or mJ, they never played instruments.

Yet they were highly talented artists.
Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Musical Artist Talentwise? by LILTJAY: 8:19pm On Dec 29, 2022
BeanX:
So na Ruger come dey sing better song? chai! ur music choice is wack I swear
ruger get better lyrics.. Though na mostly about women him dey Song about, but him dey try lyrically
Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Musical Artist Talentwise? by Holav(m): 11:27pm On Dec 29, 2022
First have burna boy made a rnb song so u are d one that is not making sense if yes compare it to wiz own and see who sing it better wizkid is d most versatile artist in Nigeria wiz made carribean music with Jamaica artist,I know burna made carribean but wiz song with Jamaica artist is d best
Now to Yr stage performance did u usually watch wiz perform like all his performance first go and watch wiz YouTube live and recently is applemusic Live and again u are telling me wiz no sabi perform abi na monkey dance wey burna dey dance for stage na u dey use as better performance�
Second voice control I dey die voice control than wizkid mogbe,go and watch wizkid royal Alberth Hall performance wizkid use raw instrumentalists to performance with is voice dis guy never watch some wiz freestyle with his voice in vocal burna is not touching wiz
Performance with live band wizkid dey do am steady no b new thing
And again in Yr life Don ever compare burna to wiz again wiz pass am 4 everything d thing wey e use pass wiz na rubbish dance wey e dey dance 4 stage and my wiz can do dat shit on stage
And again talking about performance with studio effects abeg try go 2 YouTube and watch wiz freestyle with is raw vocals
Babsolala:

Speaking of touching every genre, you've not made sense because Burna Boy has touched all of the aforementioned.
You funny!

Now compare them on the following:
Stage performance
Voice control
Performance with live band
Penmanship
Versatility
Acapella...

Please don't ever compare Wizkid to Burna Boy on these indices because Burna Boy is miles ahead of Wizkid on these.
Go and watch their rehearsals, stage performances, both live and whatnot.

See this guy! grin
Have you ever watched Burna sing without instrumentals and any studio effect?
And have you seen that of Wizkid too?
Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Musical Artist Talentwise? by jayworld15(m): 9:49am On Dec 30, 2022
nairamaniac:

U just told one of the biggest lies here.

Forget what Wikipedia may tell you about Whitney Houston or mJ, they never played instruments.

Yet they were highly talented artists.

Do you have your evidence?
Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Musical Artist Talentwise? by Babsolala: 11:01am On Dec 30, 2022
Holav:
First have burna boy made a rnb song so u are d one that is not making sense if yes compare it to wiz own and see who sing it better wizkid is d most versatile artist in Nigeria wiz made carribean music with Jamaica artist,I know burna made carribean but wiz song with Jamaica artist is d best
Now to Yr stage performance did u usually watch wiz perform like all his performance first go and watch wiz YouTube live and recently is applemusic Live and again u are telling me wiz no sabi perform abi na monkey dance wey burna dey dance for stage na u dey use as better performance�
Second voice control I dey die voice control than wizkid mogbe,go and watch wizkid royal Alberth Hall performance wizkid use raw instrumentalists to performance with is voice dis guy never watch some wiz freestyle with his voice in vocal burna is not touching wiz
Performance with live band wizkid dey do am steady no b new thing
And again in Yr life Don ever compare burna to wiz again wiz pass am 4 everything d thing wey e use pass wiz na rubbish dance wey e dey dance 4 stage and my wiz can do dat shit on stage
And again talking about performance with studio effects abeg try go 2 YouTube and watch wiz freestyle with is raw vocals

I just realized that I wasted too much time trying to teach you the obvious. grin
Have a nice day in your playground, son! grin grin
Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Musical Artist Talentwise? by Holav(m): 2:55pm On Dec 30, 2022
Bro u have not answer my question,
Babsolala:

Talking about burna on touching different genre of music,

Then I ask u have u listen to burna song that is rnb?
I need answer on dis sir grin
I just realized that I wasted too much time trying to teach you the obvious. grin
Have a nice day in your playground, son! grin grin
Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Musical Artist Talentwise? by nairamaniac: 7:45pm On Dec 30, 2022
jayworld15:

Do you have your evidence?

Ogaaaa I grew up as a full time groover in the 80's.
If MJ or Whitney were instrumentalists, they wd have flunted it.
I had hundreds of cassettes on mj, including making of his music videos&songs.
Quincy Jones was the life instrumentalist of most of his 80's songs.

Then teddy-riley took over from DANGEROUS-ALBUM in the year 1990.

Mind you I also at some point stayed opposint EMI studios in wesminiter Abbey. Where witney houton produced lots of her songs.

That's enough for me to know what they could do and couldnt do.

Stevie wonder, Prince, Quincy Jones, Ray Charles were the Top leading Artists of the 70's and 80:s who also were good instruments.

However this didn't make them more talented than MICHAEL JACKSON or MADONNA when it came to making music in the 80's.

Know all these now I tell you and have peaxe with history.
Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Musical Artist Talentwise? by Kaybex007(m): 9:19pm On Dec 30, 2022
kanupapilo:
Who do you think is the best Nigerian musical artist talentwise?

I am not talking of commercial success the likes of Davido,Rema and Burnaboy have enjoyed. I am talking about raw and natural musical talent that hardly misses with the tracks they release.

My top 5 in order of talent and who create consistently good songs:

1) Fireboy DML
2) Wizkid
3) Reekado Banks
4) Idabanton
5)Omah Lay

If am am to choose based on professionalism I'll choose
Burnaboy
MI
Vector
Kizz Daniel
Olamide
Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Musical Artist Talentwise? by Kaybex007(m): 9:50pm On Dec 30, 2022
What we see mostly in nowadays music is whack, very sorry to say this, someone said it's not compulsory for you to be an instrumentalist but either you like it or not you must be able to play either directly or indirectly, what I mean by indirectly is your ability to control your instrumentalist while playing any of it to your song, in case you don't know, the no. 1 producer to any music should be the musician himself/herself followed by other producers who will add their ideas to it, the last generation who will understand this are those born in the late eightys. Have you seen BABA FELA video on stage, he controls and dictates to his band, same with Bob Marley, his producer once said Bob was always on top of it while producing, he correct him (the producer) while the the studio session is going on, same with Adewale Ayuba, you don't just go in and beat the drum cuz it matches what he sings likewise King Sunny Ade. All these sets of people were good at it cuz they had a broad knowledge about music instruments.

Nowadays, the producers are the real musicians cuz they are in total control of everything, including the voice of the musician.

As for those who compare Burnaboy with Wizkid, the truth remains that Burnaboy is better than Wizkid. Burnaboy is more artistic than Wizkid, the day I heard Burnaboy live performance was the day I gave it up for him as the ODOGU of music.

Bros and Sis, music goes beyond what we an average human hears from music, does anyone even know that every instruments also talks just like the musicians do in music and in most cases our musicians do not follow, imagine a musician using an anger beat for a dance hall music, what the poster should have written is which musician do you love most cuz that's what I can conclude with the list of musicians he chose as most talented.

Most times I choose Fuji, juju and other local musician as professionals over most of our hip hop musicians cuz they are always in total control of the music, band, instruments when the music is on.

I'm sure some might think drew sentiment into choosing burnaboy but I'm not, for those who care to know I only love his music, his personality actually disgust me but when I see a person doing well in his field regardless of his character I'll say it. I once loved Wizkid music cuz he was once one of the best, but to me I think he couldn't keep up, As for Davido, I think he wasn't doing well as a professional at the beginning but I was happy to see him stepping up his game, using what he has to get what he wants, he is getting there.

This is just my own opinion based on my observation.

Peace be unto everyone.
Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Musical Artist Talentwise? by jayworld15(m): 1:03am On Dec 31, 2022
nairamaniac:

Ogaaaa I grew up as a full time groover in the 80's.
If MJ or Whitney were instrumentalists, they wd have flunted it.
I had hundreds of cassettes on mj, including making of his music videos&songs.
Quincy Jones was the life instrumentalist of most of his 80's songs.

Then teddy-riley took over from DANGEROUS-ALBUM in the year 1990.

Mind you I also at some point stayed opposint EMI studios in wesminiter Abbey. Where witney houton produced lots of her songs.

That's enough for me to know what they could do and couldnt do.

Stevie wonder, Prince, Quincy Jones, Ray Charles were the Top leading Artists of the 70's and 80:s who also were good instruments.

However this didn't make them more talented than MICHAEL JACKSON or MADONNA when it came to making music in the 80's.

Know all these now I tell you and have peaxe with history.

Then you don't know your history well.
Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Musical Artist Talentwise? by Kelvin3476: 11:35pm On Jan 04, 2023
Sweetvie:
Big wiz grin Fireboy smiley
WHY DID U CHOOSE BIG WIZ AS THE BEST ?
Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Musical Artist Talentwise? by Sweetvie: 12:41pm On Jan 05, 2023
Kelvin3476:

WHY DID U CHOOSE BIG WIZ AS THE BEST ?
Coz he is the best

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Are these P'square's Top 10 Greatest Hits? See inside / Easy Steps You Can Get Your Songs As CRBT On Mtn,9mobile,Airtel,GLO Network Fast / ALBUM: Brymo - Tabula Rasa (the Gift) Full Album Download

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.