Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,497 members, 7,816,187 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:15 AM

Akwa Ibom Boy, Hope Reunites With Dad 6 Years After Family Branded Him A Witch - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Akwa Ibom Boy, Hope Reunites With Dad 6 Years After Family Branded Him A Witch (1006 Views)

Mercy Wave NGO Prison Outreach: Miss Favour Emmanuel Finally Reunites With Famil / Village Council Chairman Exhumes Corpse After Family Failed To Provide Items / Man Bathes Girlfriend With Acid After Family Rejects Marriage Proposal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akwa Ibom Boy, Hope Reunites With Dad 6 Years After Family Branded Him A Witch by NwekeUG(m): 10:41am On Aug 02, 2022
Akwa Ibom Boy, Hope Reunites With His Father Six Years After His Family Branded Him A Witch (Photos)

On January 30, 2016, Danish aid worker Anja Ringgren Lovén was photographed giving water to a severely emaciated 2-year-old boy, whom she rescued after he was branded a witch by his family and left to starve to death in Akwa Ibom, IGBERETV reports.

The boy had wandered the streets for months when Anja got a phone call and immediately led a rescue team including her husband David Emmanuel Umem, to bring the child to the Children's Education and Development Foundation (ACAEDF) aka "Land of Hope"

Taking to Facebook page on Monday, August 1, 2022, Lovén revealed that Hope finally met his father few days ago after six years.

The aid worker said Hope's parents are divorced, however, she didn't reveal circumstances that led to the boy being branded a witch and abandoned.

Read her post below:

"For more than 6 years of searching we have finally found Hope´s father !!! A few days ago Land of Hope Director of Child Development Nsidibe Orok and I took Hope on home visit. We want the villagers to witness Hope´s amazing transformation

The last time we took Hope back to his village was in 2018 where we held a conference about superstition in the city hall for the entire community.

This time Hope was excited to be back because he understands more and much to our surprise we suddenly stood face to face with his uncle, the brother to his mother !!

In 2016 when we rescued Hope, the uncle was working in another state so he was not around. He also told us that Hope´s father was back in the village after being away for years.

Suddenly we were on our way to Hope´s father´s house. It was very surreal. The uncle told us that Hope looked a lot like his father and it was true. The resemblance was striking.

Hope´s parents are divorced. Due to safety reasons and legality I cannot go into details. But I will say this, Hope´s father was very surprised to see his son again. And Hope just kept staring at him. David Jr. was there too. He was so caring and with hand signs he kept telling Hope that everything was fine.

When we came back to the Land of Hope, Hope took my phone and was so excited to show the children the pictures of him and his father. Exactly like all the other children do when they come back from home visit.

Hope is not going to live with his father or mother for many reasons. But no matter what has happened in the past, children need to know their roots. Children need to know where they come from because it helps shape their identity.

Hope has the right to have an identity. Having an identity is a fundamental human right. For Hope to know more about his cultural background and where he comes from will help him to develop a strong sense of who he really is.

For Hope to know where he comes from does not mean that he will ever forget what happened, on the contrary, it will set him free and take him to a more powerful place in his life."

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0DojDZZkoVsi7oyR57AfUWSmo9JAwdu83iM6LUGKeiaeMxcUJvVhR88CgALhYg7jel&id=100044271404682

Lalasticlala
Mynd44

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Boy, Hope Reunites With Dad 6 Years After Family Branded Him A Witch by NwekeUG(m): 10:42am On Aug 02, 2022
More

1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom Boy, Hope Reunites With Dad 6 Years After Family Branded Him A Witch by Jennyclay(f): 10:45am On Aug 02, 2022
Useless Man!!

I don't know why Akwa-ibom people are this daft and senseless... I mean, How would you kick your own child out of the house just because you think or suspect he/she is a witch/wizard... It's absurd.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom Boy, Hope Reunites With Dad 6 Years After Family Branded Him A Witch by Quest7777: 10:51am On Aug 02, 2022
Poverty na breeding ground for witches & wizards.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Boy, Hope Reunites With Dad 6 Years After Family Branded Him A Witch by idomalord: 11:30am On Aug 02, 2022
Sometimes, painful and bad things happen to us for the best to be revealed

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Boy, Hope Reunites With Dad 6 Years After Family Branded Him A Witch by Macstephenson01(m): 11:36am On Aug 02, 2022
God is wonderful, I have been following this boy story from the day of the rescue and am glad he is doing fine
My advice to every man out there, no matter what happened, never leave your child in total custody of a woman no matter the circumstances
God bless you boy and am sure u are going to powerful places
Re: Akwa Ibom Boy, Hope Reunites With Dad 6 Years After Family Branded Him A Witch by melody91: 1:12pm On Aug 02, 2022
Very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very useless father
Re: Akwa Ibom Boy, Hope Reunites With Dad 6 Years After Family Branded Him A Witch by UptownVibes(m): 6:22pm On Aug 02, 2022
His name "Hope" worked well for him.. Hope is not lost..

And to you reading this,still planning to commit suicide, just hold on.. Help is on the way.. When there is life there is hope
Re: Akwa Ibom Boy, Hope Reunites With Dad 6 Years After Family Branded Him A Witch by faithfull18(f): 7:05pm On Aug 02, 2022
Hmmn.
Re: Akwa Ibom Boy, Hope Reunites With Dad 6 Years After Family Branded Him A Witch by Harmony92(f): 7:14pm On Aug 02, 2022
I am so happy for him.
Re: Akwa Ibom Boy, Hope Reunites With Dad 6 Years After Family Branded Him A Witch by AOOG1: 8:53pm On Aug 02, 2022
Who get that thick oraimo cord make e borrow me. I wan wipe this useless animal for neck.
Re: Akwa Ibom Boy, Hope Reunites With Dad 6 Years After Family Branded Him A Witch by westlius(m): 9:17pm On Aug 02, 2022
Jennyclay:
Useless Man!!

I don't know why Akwa-ibom people are this daft and senseless... I mean, How would you kick your own child out of the house just because you think or suspect he/she is a witch/wizard... It's absurd.
My dear na all dis fake pastors/Imans cause am
Re: Akwa Ibom Boy, Hope Reunites With Dad 6 Years After Family Branded Him A Witch by Nobody: 8:33am On Aug 03, 2022
Hahahahahaha..six years ago, you accused that child of been a witch...now between you and the child, who actually look like a witch ?
Re: Akwa Ibom Boy, Hope Reunites With Dad 6 Years After Family Branded Him A Witch by backnbeta(f): 12:07pm On Aug 03, 2022
See a woman with tattoos all over her body showing so much love to a stranger! People like this are often condemned for their appearance by the "moral police" when they themselves have no atom of kindness! I'm happy for the boy

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

God Pls Forgive Me ! / Newly Constructed 'floating' Market In Delta State / BURSTED! Top Police Officers Fingered In Kidnapping, Human Parts Trafficking In

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.