Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,270 members, 7,815,455 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:42 PM

" I Foresee Igbo Becomming Lagos Gov"-okafor Dickson - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / " I Foresee Igbo Becomming Lagos Gov"-okafor Dickson (517 Views)

One Of Nigeria's Hairiest Women, Queen Okafor, Tells Her Story / MVB News:cynthia Bailey On Nene Leakes: "I Don't Foresee Us Being Bff's Again / Lagos Gov's Father Died At 79. Rest In Peace Pa Fashola! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

" I Foresee Igbo Becomming Lagos Gov"-okafor Dickson by Lanquart: 7:31pm On Aug 02, 2011
‘I foresee Igbo becoming Lagos gov’
By DICKSON OKAFOR

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Chairman of the Confederated Igbo Indigenes (CII), Lagos State, Prince Anayo Nnama, has said that Igboman would be governor of Lagos State “in the nearest future.” He told Daily Sun: “As our democracy grows, non indigenes will contest elections in Lagos and win. What I am sure of is that in the nearest future Igbo man will rule Lagos. Afterall, Zik won election in Lagos in the First Republic.” Excerpts:

advertisement

Igboman as governor of Lagos State

It may sound funny but I tell you, that 43 per cent of the population of Lagos are Igbo, 47 per cent are indigenes while 10 per cent are other tribes and nationals. That tells you that at a stage as our democracy grows, non-indigenes will contest elections in Lagos and win.

What I am sure of is that in the nearest future, Igbo man will rule Lagos. Afterall, Zik won election in Lagos in the First Republic. I schooled and lived in USA for over 20 years. The law says if you live in America for certain period of time you can vote and be voted. This is exactly why Obama became the president of America.

Years back it was impossible such as the days of Martin Luther King but in our days it became possible. The Igbo own 70 percent of businesses in Lagos and our financial contribution is responsible for the economic growth in the state. If it doesn’t happen now, it will happen in the future. Also what determines who governs is no longer tribe or religion but the ability and capability to preside over the affairs of the people. A time will come when a Yoruba or Hausa man will rule states in the South East and South South. Soon leadership will know no borders.
Re: " I Foresee Igbo Becomming Lagos Gov"-okafor Dickson by Lanquart: 7:32pm On Aug 02, 2011
True talk.But I must add one thin: IT IS SOONER THAN LATER

(1) (Reply)

Horses For Sale. / The Software Itself May Not Be Easy, But It Can Get Life Simpler For You. / Affordable Jeweleries For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.