Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,506 members, 7,819,832 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:02 AM

I Regret Playing For Nigeria - Michael Eneramo - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I Regret Playing For Nigeria - Michael Eneramo (7893 Views)

Obafemi Martins Retires From Playing For Nigeria / Africa Born Footballers Playing For Non-african Countries / Age Scandal! Stanley Okoro: Heartland Winger Aged 30 Playing For Nigerian U-17s (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Regret Playing For Nigeria - Michael Eneramo by manuch(m): 9:47pm On Aug 02, 2011
Out of favour Super Eagles striker, Michael Eneramo, has expressed regrets for answering the calls to play for the national team when he had a golden opportunity to feature for the Carthage Eagles of Tunisia.

The former Lobi Stars of Makurdi star considered accepting Tunisian citizenship in order to become eligible to play for that country’s national football team, but accepted the invitation to feature for Nigeria instead.

He was called up to the Eagles in 2009 and played his first game on 11 February 2009. In his second game, he scored the opening goal against the Republic of Ireland in an international friendly in London.

The former Esperance of Tunisia forward said on Brila FM that he is concerned about his neglect by the Eagles’ handler Samson Siasia after Coach Shuaib Amodu left.

“I had the opportunity to play for the Tunisian national team but I decided to play for my fatherland. It was Amodu who invited me to play for Nigeria and I dumped the idea of featuring for the Tunisian national team,” said the 25-year-old player, who now plays for Sivasspor in the Turkish Super Lig.

Speaking about his past exploits in the Eagles, the Tunisian 2010 Ligue 1 winner stated that he was part of the team that qualified Nigeria for the 2010 World Cup in South Africa.

“I was invited to play during the qualifiers for the 2010 World Cup. I even scored for Nigeria in one of the matches. But it is rather so sad that I am no longer invited to play for the national team,” he lamented.
Re: I Regret Playing For Nigeria - Michael Eneramo by honeric01(m): 11:25pm On Aug 02, 2011
Because you scored before means we should keep inviting you? you have to work for it and not expect to be given a VIP ticket to the SE.
Re: I Regret Playing For Nigeria - Michael Eneramo by mikuz(m): 11:33pm On Aug 02, 2011
Who's erenamo or whatever they call him please?
Re: I Regret Playing For Nigeria - Michael Eneramo by Hambolaj01(m): 2:57pm On Aug 04, 2011
Nigeria is a bigger country than Tunisia when it comes to football and you have to understand that. Work hard, pray well and be invited. Good luck.
Re: I Regret Playing For Nigeria - Michael Eneramo by Ibime(m): 3:31pm On Aug 04, 2011
He should sharraaaap. He was never good enough for Nigeria. He only made the team due to Amodu's nepotism. Besides he cant even run. Old Man.
Re: I Regret Playing For Nigeria - Michael Eneramo by chuckdee4(m): 4:54pm On Aug 04, 2011
What a douche, i don't blame him, if this was back in the 90's when we were oozing with quality players, he would not have mouth.

For a statement like this he should not be invited to play for the Super Eagels again, what a plonker
Re: I Regret Playing For Nigeria - Michael Eneramo by femmy2010(m): 4:55pm On Aug 04, 2011
Would the super Eagles handlers keep using him after he has been deemed ineffective.
Re: I Regret Playing For Nigeria - Michael Eneramo by cyberuzo(m): 4:56pm On Aug 04, 2011
eneramo, siasia z not biased; if u r gud, he would call u up. WORK ON URSELF AND STOP MOANING
Re: I Regret Playing For Nigeria - Michael Eneramo by Ysol(m): 5:00pm On Aug 04, 2011
Abeg tell that guy make e go play somewhere else Super Eagle no need am.
Re: I Regret Playing For Nigeria - Michael Eneramo by Gbenge77(m): 5:02pm On Aug 04, 2011
Just Concentrate on your club duties.We are done with experiments
Re: I Regret Playing For Nigeria - Michael Eneramo by dustydee: 5:46pm On Aug 04, 2011
I personally don't think he was good enough going by the number of chances he missed before scoring for Nigeria.
Re: I Regret Playing For Nigeria - Michael Eneramo by otokx(m): 6:20pm On Aug 04, 2011
Regrets are part of life; grow up.
Re: I Regret Playing For Nigeria - Michael Eneramo by Jarus(m): 6:40pm On Aug 04, 2011
Gibberish. If you're good enough, you will earn a call up.
Re: I Regret Playing For Nigeria - Michael Eneramo by Okijajuju1(m): 7:09pm On Aug 04, 2011
Its not too late to become a welder, but ask for SE, U and Yakubu have a better chance of playing for U-17 dan u do of wearing the Big green jersey
Re: I Regret Playing For Nigeria - Michael Eneramo by Tytguy: 7:58pm On Aug 04, 2011
Wow!!! Finaly tytguy has come 2 nairaland,
Re: I Regret Playing For Nigeria - Michael Eneramo by javalove(m): 9:34pm On Aug 04, 2011
Wooww, I believe this guy. I remember I was in Tunisia last november and everyone who knew I was Nigerian would ask him about Micheal Emenaro. . .he is a household name there. . .

Anywayz. . .I wish him the best

#Javalove. . .unless otherwise stated. . .!
Re: I Regret Playing For Nigeria - Michael Eneramo by amor4ce(m): 10:22pm On Aug 04, 2011
He who has sinned not should cast the first stone

What about those Nigerians and their supporters and apologists who think that there are forces against their progress in Nigeria, and seek to live in other countries and acquire other citizenship?. Even if it means living as an illegal immigrant. What about those Nigerians living outside the country who do not seek to contribute to Nigeria and who seek to dominate/show off/oppress their fellow Nigerians?
Re: I Regret Playing For Nigeria - Michael Eneramo by mkpologwu(m): 10:30pm On Aug 04, 2011
Hi Mr Emenalo, can u pls concentrate on ur chelsea job and stop lamenting abt supper ego!
Re: I Regret Playing For Nigeria - Michael Eneramo by no1madman(m): 10:51pm On Aug 04, 2011
Soccer no fit u. . . try Handball.
Re: I Regret Playing For Nigeria - Michael Eneramo by aieromon(m): 1:21am On Aug 05, 2011
mkpologwu:

Hi Mr Emenalo, can u pls concentrate on your chelsea job and stop lamenting abt supper ego!

The person in the report is Michael Eneramo
Re: I Regret Playing For Nigeria - Michael Eneramo by dabrake(m): 2:37am On Aug 05, 2011
no1madman:

Soccer no fit u. . . try Handball.
rugby or boxing wuld hv bn bera
Re: I Regret Playing For Nigeria - Michael Eneramo by Nobody: 6:59am On Aug 05, 2011
hin body dey stiff. we need a good sharp striker. try being a bouncer
Re: I Regret Playing For Nigeria - Michael Eneramo by morakone(m): 7:07am On Aug 05, 2011
mkpologwu:

Hi Mr Emenalo, can u pls concentrate on your chelsea job and stop lamenting abt supper ego!

BROS

EMENALO NA 94 EAGLES AND THIS
COMPLANANT IS ENERAMO PRESENTLY PLAYING IN TUNISIA
Re: I Regret Playing For Nigeria - Michael Eneramo by denitro(m): 8:22am On Aug 05, 2011
It was better he didn't accept the call up from Tunisia, they would have dumped him after 1 match.
Re: I Regret Playing For Nigeria - Michael Eneramo by SuperDan1: 8:31am On Aug 05, 2011
The guy is not different from Yakubu, they are both heavy and behaves like pregnant women in the field.
Re: I Regret Playing For Nigeria - Michael Eneramo by semid4lyfe(m): 8:56am On Aug 05, 2011
I wonder why he's lamenting when the door has not been shut on him. undecided

The best way to grab the headlines and get an invitation to the team is by scoring gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooals.

He should concentrate on his club career, score loads of goals and the invitation will come
Re: I Regret Playing For Nigeria - Michael Eneramo by JimmyBoy1: 9:28am On Aug 05, 2011
I dont admire people who dont take resposibility, he should focus on improving his game instead of blaming anybody. They can't pick him ahead of players obviously better than him, so what is this noise all about?
Re: I Regret Playing For Nigeria - Michael Eneramo by DualCore1: 10:04am On Aug 05, 2011
Eneramo: hey baby wassap
Edidiong: hmmmmm?
Eneramo: Baby you don't know me?
Edidiong: Because why?  undecided
Eneramo: You dunno me from TV? Adim that great footballer you see in the TV playing for 9ja and I'm really very really interestedt in you, baybay. cool
Edidiong: Abasi 'mbot! Chei god you have done it! Okocha don come marry me ooooooo!
Eneramo: Erhm. . . baybay i'm not Okocha, I'm En. . .
Edidiong: Oh! Oh!! Oh!!! Ubong o!!! You have done it. . . Chei. . . the new Mrs Edidiong Enyeama!
Eneramo:  Erm. . . baby you are wrong again it is me naw, Eneramo!  cool cool
Edidiong: Ene wetin? Rambo! Which 9ja ball you play?  angry See this yahoo boy o. . .
Eneramo: Na me naaa, na me score that. . .
Edidiong: ehn ehn ehn. . . chop your 404 finish commot for ma bar!   angry
Eneramo: Oo Siasia, your daddy! oO  angry angry

All names are fictional, if for any reason they tend to coincide with any real entities. . . as said, its coincidence. No dogs were harmed in the making of this.
Re: I Regret Playing For Nigeria - Michael Eneramo by Myself2(m): 10:21am On Aug 05, 2011
Useless heavy lazy cheat,na only to use hand score against Egyptian teams the guy sabi
Re: I Regret Playing For Nigeria - Michael Eneramo by Nobody: 10:48am On Aug 05, 2011
Eneramo regrets playing for Nigeria and Nigeria regrets calling him Up!! cheesy cheesy
Re: I Regret Playing For Nigeria - Michael Eneramo by mustoupha(m): 12:10pm On Aug 05, 2011
grin grin grin grin, i sori 4 u,,,super eagle is full of attackers team,so, i would rather u worked 4 it funny boy tongue tongue
Re: I Regret Playing For Nigeria - Michael Eneramo by semid4lyfe(m): 12:46pm On Aug 05, 2011
Lets do a comparative analysis of Michael Eneramo vis-à-vis the Forwards invited by Samson Siasia for the Ghana friendly. His he better than any of them?

Obinna Nsofor Vs Michael Eneramo = Obinna Nsofor

Victor Anichebe Vs Michael Eneramo = Victor Anichebe

Ikechukwu Uche Vs Michael Eneramo = Ikechukwu Uche

Osaze Odemwingie Vs Michael Eneramo = Osaze Odemwingie

Ekigho Ehiosun Vs Michael Eneramo = Ekigho Ehiosun

Emmanuel Emenike Vs Michael Eneramo = Emmanuel Emenike

**Brown Ideye Vs Michael Eneramo = Brown Ideye

Others players ahead of him on the perking list in my opinion (In terms of recent performance/form and ability) are: **Obafemi Martins, Michael Uchebo, Anthony Ujah, Kim Ojo & Simon Zenke. . .and the larter three never get Super Eagles invitation o shocked

Hell, I'll even pick home-based Uche Nwofor of Enugu Rangers and the Flying Eagles ahead of him. Michael Eneramo should ''mechionu'' and let his performance and goals speak for him jare.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ekiti State To Host Ikogosi 10Km Marathon / Abeke Odegbami Is Dead! Segun Odegbami Loses Mother / Pele Vs Maradona Vs Zidane Vs Ronaldo Luis Vs Ronaldinho Vs Messi Vs CR7 Vs J.j

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.