Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,467 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:26 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 - Travel (260) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 (1004233 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) ... (1029) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by jtos(m): 9:26am On Sep 16, 2022
Standard application. A decision has been made cos my CAS status was updated to used from assigned

frankob:

Standard application?
E b like say dem just dey tell us decision made now so that ur body go sweet make u no Dey disturb again. Lol cox last last decision must be made. Let’s all hope and wait.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by ubom123: 9:41am On Sep 16, 2022
Guys, Good morning

I want to apply for masters for January Intake

Please suggest university still receiving application for January

Budget should be at least 10k GBP.

Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by nairaandaed: 9:46am On Sep 16, 2022
Standard application
bio 13th August
Dependant collected visa yesterday showing it was decided since sept 7th, but up till now main application stil at Dmc

Should i escalate? i have sent paid mail but no reply yet
Am soo worried right now

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by littlensirim: 9:49am On Sep 16, 2022
giselle237:
13th was 2 days ago.. be patient

Please my decision was made last week Friday and still no email or movement to VAC.

Is there any number to call for follow up
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Sheggy13(m): 9:52am On Sep 16, 2022
ubom123:
Guys, Good morning

I want to apply for masters for January Intake

Please suggest university still receiving application for January

Budget should be at least 10k GBP.

Thank you.
By budget of 10k GBP, are you talking about the tuition fee or maintenance/processing costs or both? If it's tuition, I don't think you can get any Uni in the UK at the moment with 10k tuition for Master's for international students - that's almost what home (UK) students are already paying. Start looking at 12-13k minimum.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Kuvalis: 9:59am On Sep 16, 2022
Hello..

Please I noticed you wrote to the email address and after you said you got your mail. Can you please share with me what your issue was in the first place? I did biometrics with my wife since the 1st of Aug and her (dependant) application is still awaiting a decision even though I’ve gotten my (Main Applicant) visa. Can I write to the email as well?

SaintOpzy:

This works, got my mail now...

Thank you NL.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by victorVIC1(m): 10:18am On Sep 16, 2022
Please just to be sure, can one accept a conditional admission offer while sorting out the required documents or it is idle to only accept the offer after the required documents have been provided to the admission team.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Maybs(f): 10:18am On Sep 16, 2022
annexes:
I need motivation right now... I did my bio on the 4th Sept (priority), and my application is sleeping at DMC after an empty NSF. I have done 3 paid calls (awaiting a decision). Does priority takes a long time like this
Normally it’s 5 working days except they need further informations I presume.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by mattyjay(m): 10:36am On Sep 16, 2022
How do you check your CAS status?

jtos:
Standard application. A decision has been made cos my CAS status was updated to used from assigned

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Nonyilla: 10:37am On Sep 16, 2022
Good morning,
Please how long does it take to get a response after sending a paid mail?
Also any update from anyone who did bio(standard) on the 25th of August?? Ikeja TLS
Thanks guys
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by HenryG(m): 10:39am On Sep 16, 2022
Hello everyone,
Please I need your guidance. I have truly gone what I can go through especially the guidelines on the page thoroughly.
I have been able to secure admission as I have earlier posted. I am trying to make the actual basic financial calculations as the main work process begins now from school fees deposit to general POF.
Here are my questions, please help a brother:

1. Can I solely use my Uncle's bank statement who is living in the UK as POF for both the school requirement before issuing CAS and in the Visa office here in Nigeria for the MA and 2 dependants. How do I proof we are family with my Uncle. What documents do we need if possible?

2. In calculating POF for the dependants (wife and 2 years old daughter) for outside London, is the calculation below correct
£680 x 9 months x 2 = £12,240
My concern is will I still use the same calculation for the mother also for the 2 year old child?

3. In applying for Visa, will the calculation for the visa fee for the MA and the 2 dependants be £490 x 3 = £1,470

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by jtos(m): 10:39am On Sep 16, 2022
It's on my admission portal, Portico - UCL

mattyjay:
How do you check your CAS status?

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Resilient97: 11:16am On Sep 16, 2022
My application has been transferred to VAC, when do I receive collection mail? Also I paid for DHL, do they deliver on weekends?

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by victorVIC1(m): 11:18am On Sep 16, 2022
Mothernature11:

Please can you enlighten me more on this because am planning to apply to another school for January.

Why are you keen in revealing your previous masters degree as it is not a requirement for UK masters programme? The applications I did from my end, I only mentioned my 1st degree and I got admissions. However, I decided not to proceed as we would rather my wife does the study. I would advise you conceal your previous masters degree since it does not seem to add value on your applications
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by SaintOpzy(m): 11:18am On Sep 16, 2022
Kuvalis:
Hello..

Please I noticed you wrote to the email address and after you said you got your mail. Can you please share with me what your issue was in the first place? I did biometrics with my wife since the 1st of Aug and her (dependant) application is still awaiting a decision even though I’ve gotten my (Main Applicant) visa. Can I write to the email as well?

I'm not sure. I only wrote them to get my brp/decision letter which didn't come with my passport.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by SaintOpzy(m): 11:19am On Sep 16, 2022
Pls for those that have or are planning to travel with EgyptAir, were you required to have yellow card?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by remecy(f): 11:20am On Sep 16, 2022
Daffodil98:
I want to do my international passport which is why am asking to know the name to go with?

Use your NIN for international passport
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by boneruns(m): 11:23am On Sep 16, 2022
Please how are people able to book Qatar using a Nigeria card? It seems not to be working. Or how can I book on hold and pay inside the bank? This is giving me serious issue now
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by mohdimplez(m): 11:25am On Sep 16, 2022
Resilient97:
My application has been transferred to VAC, when do I receive collection mail? Also I paid for DHL, do they deliver on weekends?

The collection mail should drop any moment from now just be calm please. When was your bio and which TLS?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by haaryobhami: 11:32am On Sep 16, 2022
Good day house ,I am presently waiting for my cas document from bpp university. I have been sent my student reference number and s student login details (.bpp.com) for logging in to the school portal on 9th of sep. does anyone has an idea how long it will take to get my CAS after this ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by TeamLagos147: 11:35am On Sep 16, 2022
Okay I will, thank you so much for your response.
aorodu:

You should confirm the deadline for resumption from the school.

I’ve had similar mails even though mine was a standard visa. It took a while to be resolved.

When it’s time please follow up with paid calls

If you notice you may not make it on time, please notify the school on options for deferring if you can’t make it before the deadline
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by fascco(m): 11:37am On Sep 16, 2022
don't give up bro
LH44:
Hey don't let it get you down. Sometimes in life we have to go through the storm first before calm waters. It would all work out for good. Just keep going okay. Don't give up. Eventually you would celebrate and be happy. I absolutely understand you but cheer up. X

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by frankob(m): 11:43am On Sep 16, 2022
Resilient97:
standard application? Which tls and date of bio?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Pacypatty(f): 11:44am On Sep 16, 2022
Resilient97:

Soon.
Congratulations
Mine too is August 22nd still at DMC
Did you do anything differently pls?
Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Papuzzy: 11:49am On Sep 16, 2022
Please I have an observation concerning my wife..She is a medical doctor here in Nigeria and she will be going with me as a dependent...She has written her ielts and plab 1 here also ...When we get to Uk can she apply for plab 2 and get to be a licensed doctor over there...Hope she being a dependent to me won’t affect anything...Because it’s like there are certain restrictions to the kind of job a dependent can do ...Hope this won’t affect her.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by LagosismyHome(f): 11:50am On Sep 16, 2022
Papuzzy:
Please I have an observation concerning my wife..She is a medical doctor here in Nigeria and she will be going with me as a dependent...She has written her ielts and plab 1 here also ...When we get to Uk can she apply for plab 2 and get to be a licensed doctor over there...Hope she being a dependent to me won’t affect anything...Because it’s like there are certain restrictions to the kind of job a dependent can do ...Hope this won’t affect her.

She will be absolutely fine..... with that visa she can go on to do plab 2 and get GMC license to practise

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Papuzzy: 11:53am On Sep 16, 2022
LagosismyHome:

She will be absolutely fine..... with that visa she can go on to do plab 2 and get GMC license to practise

Thank you so much for the response
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by WilsonBright935: 11:56am On Sep 16, 2022
Resilient97:

Wao, congratulations. Just relax you'll receive your mail any moment from now ....
Standard or priority? When was your bio, venue
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by shemafia: 12:08pm On Sep 16, 2022
Hello Everyone! Is there any Birmingham University female student on here interested in sharing a flat?
I have made this request a couple of times here, but no one has responded yet. I have a furnished double room at a very reasonable price.
No deposit or guarantor is required. Interested, or you know someone who knows someone coming to Birmingham? Please let me know. Or you can leave me a message on oche_stephanie1@yahoo.com and I'll get back to you ASAP. wink wink wink smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Mothernature11: 12:15pm On Sep 16, 2022
victorVIC1:

Why are you keen in revealing your previous masters degree as it is not a requirement for UK masters programme? The applications I did from my end, I only mentioned my 1st degree and I got admissions. However, I decided not to proceed as we would rather my wife does the study. I would advise you conceal your previous masters degree since it does not seem to add value on your applications

Thanks for your response. I am only worried that without my masters, the study gap will be more than 10years. And i will also have to declare it on my visa application. So am really confused.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Resilient97: 12:18pm On Sep 16, 2022
Tls- Ikeja
Bio 22 August
mohdimplez:

The collection mail should drop any moment from now just be calm please. When was your bio and which TLS?

(1) (2) (3) ... (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) ... (1029)

Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.