Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,349 members, 7,860,911 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 06:40 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 - Travel (441) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 (1049837 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (438) (439) (440) (441) (442) (443) (444) ... (1029) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by naxclimpsey(m): 10:11am On Oct 30, 2022
Please I have another pressing issue

My lecturer just contacted me now and told me He couldn’t find school or department letterhead and stamp to write his recommendation letter. Can He use just normal reference letter without any letterhead to recommend me and sign?

Thanks for your reply

@dduchess90 @Gloriyah @Justwise and all
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Gloriyah(f): 10:34am On Oct 30, 2022
naxclimpsey:

My lecturer just contacted me now and told me He couldn’t find school or department letterhead and stamp to write his recommendation letter. Can He use just normal reference letter without any letterhead to recommend me and sign?

Thanks for your reply

No, he can’t. It should be on a letter head.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Gloriyah(f): 10:36am On Oct 30, 2022
Buez:
Good morning house, please want to know if I'm not late to make everything work out. I'm expecting an offer from a school this week or next and I have plans to pay through a family member directly to the school from Canada. Hope it's not too late please to get the cas and apply for visa for January intake?

No,it’s not too late as long as you’re not using form A to pay your deposit.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by naxclimpsey(m): 10:42am On Oct 30, 2022
Gloriyah:

No, he can’t. It should be on a letter head.

Thank you ma
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by vanod: 10:42am On Oct 30, 2022
diamondkutt:
You can also buy with naira in their outlet at MM airport Lagos

for those who are not Lagos? what's the next option apart from wakanow and co
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 10:56am On Oct 30, 2022
Hello

Applying will be the same for partner dependant,here is the link
https://www.gov.uk/student-visa/family-members

Please have a look at the caseworker guidance documents under relationship section for more types of evidence you will need, again ensure they span across minimum 2years and are verifiable

Don't use individuals to provide letters for you in proxy

Cheers

[quote author=eniola1010 post=117984098][/quote]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Mzvelvet: 11:21am On Oct 30, 2022
If he has an official email address (like school email; not Gmail or yahoo and the likes), he can write the recommendation letter directly to the admissions team of your school.

naxclimpsey:

Thanks for your reply

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by naxclimpsey(m): 11:27am On Oct 30, 2022
Mzvelvet:
If he has an official email address (like school email; not Gmail or yahoo and the likes), he can write the recommendation letter directly to the admissions team of your school.

He has an official email of the school but I am not sure he do check his mail regularly or will he write a letter to the school.

Or
are you saying he can write the recommendation letter without the school or department letterhead so far he has school official email?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by CheedyJ(m): 11:59am On Oct 30, 2022
Please,I need your inputs on this. My conditional offer requires for me to fulfil some conditions but my question is, am I to fulfil all of this options or just one of them, please I need clarity and it's urgent. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by badoh(m): 12:17pm On Oct 30, 2022
Good Morning all,
I'm billed to do biometric tomorrow. I applied for my visa on 20th of Oct, printed my statement from 20sep to 19th Oct, 2022 to fall within 28 to 31 days rule. Four days after(24/10/2022) I applied for visa for my wife and children cos I couldn't get forex on time. I printed my bank statement again from 22sep to 23 Oct to use for their own so as to fall within 31 days of their visa application.
My question is have I done the correct thing printing that statement for them or I should not bother printing statement for them but they should rely on the one I printed for myself which is from 20sep to 19 Oct.
Why I'm asking this question is I have been hearing do not recycle fund and I don't understand this. Kindly advise.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Gloriyah(f): 12:24pm On Oct 30, 2022
CheedyJ:
Please,I need your inputs on this. My conditional offer requires for me to fulfil some conditions but my question is, am I to fulfil all of this options or just one of them, please I need clarity and it's urgent. Thanks.

You need to fulfill the first two conditions
(either a letter from your place of work confirming your English ability or from your previous university or write another English language test), and a new personal statement cause the one you submitted during application was not good enough.

Deposit and TB test is after you’ve received your unconditional offer.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Gloriyah(f): 12:30pm On Oct 30, 2022
badoh:
Good Morning all,
I'm billed to do biometric tomorrow. I applied for my visa on 20th of Oct, printed my statement from 20sep to 19th Oct, 2022 to fall within 28 to 31 days rule. Four days after(24/10/2022) I applied for visa for my wife and children cos I couldn't get forex on time. I printed my bank statement again from 22sep to 23 Oct to use for their own so as to fall within 31 days of their visa application.
My question is have I done the correct thing printing that statement for them or I should not bother printing statement for them but they should rely on the one I printed for myself which is from 20sep to 19 Oct.
Why I'm asking this question is I have been hearing do not recycle fund and I don't understand this. Kindly advise.

There’s no need to reprint another bank statement as the one you printed for your application is still valid (printed statement are valid for 31days).
In this case, you’re not recycling funds.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by onyiokoye: 12:30pm On Oct 30, 2022
All
CheedyJ:
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Mzvelvet: 12:31pm On Oct 30, 2022
Yes, without the letterhead he can use his official email to write directly to your prospective school, however he'll need to check his mail regularly as they will likely write back to him for confirmation/verification.

He should also end the email with an e-signature (e.g his name and designation) and a direct line/phone number

naxclimpsey:

He has an official email of the school but I am not sure he do check his mail regularly or will he write a letter to the school.

Or
are you saying he can write the recommendation letter without the school or department letterhead so far he has school official email?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by CheedyJ(m): 12:38pm On Oct 30, 2022
Gloriyah:

You need to fulfill the first two conditions
(either a letter from your place of work confirming your English ability or from your previous university or write another English language test), and a new personal statement cause the one you submitted during application was not good enough.

Deposit and TB test is after you’ve received your unconditional offer.
Thanks a lot, I appreciate .please, any idea of the cost of the TB test?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Mzvelvet: 12:38pm On Oct 30, 2022
You have 2 conditions to fulfil: English language proficiency and a statement of purpose.

For English language proficiency, the school has given you 3 options to choose from. Pick one.

As regards statement of purpose, you are to write a new one.

CheedyJ:

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by CheedyJ(m): 12:40pm On Oct 30, 2022
Mzvelvet:
You have 2 conditions to fulfil: English language proficiency and a statement of purpose.

For English language proficiency, the school has given you 3 options to choose from. Pick one.

you guys are wonderful, thanks for the swift response, I really appreciate

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by CheedyJ(m): 12:48pm On Oct 30, 2022
Mzvelvet:

Thanks for the clarity, I appreciate.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by naxclimpsey(m): 12:48pm On Oct 30, 2022
Mzvelvet:
Yes, without the letterhead he can use his official email to write directly to your prospective school, however he'll need to check his mail regularly as they will likely write back to him for confirmation/verification.

He should also end the email with an e-signature (e.g his name and designation) and a direct line/phone number

Thank you for writing back ma . That e-signature got me wondering what you meant. Attached is a copy of the reference without letterhead. Does it make sense and can be used this way? Because He won't want to be writing mails to different schools I will be applying to. Thank you once again
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by styless(f): 1:07pm On Oct 30, 2022
naxclimpsey:

Thank you for writing back ma . That e-signature got me wondering what you meant. Attached is a copy of the reference without letterhead. Does it make sense and can be used this way? Because He won't want to be writing mails to different schools I will be applying to. Thank you once again

This could work if he sends it directly from his official school email.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by naxclimpsey(m): 1:19pm On Oct 30, 2022
styless:

This could work if he sends it directly from his official school email.

You know how Nigerian lecturers do, even to make dem write “To Whom It May Concern” is a miracle sometimes lol. I am applying to 10 schools at max. E no possible make e dey send them mail one by one.

Thanks for your input ma

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Mzvelvet: 1:26pm On Oct 30, 2022
Yes @ your attached screenshot. It can be used rhat way.

He will need to write to all your prospective schools. The letters would typically be the same except for minor differences e.g where he needs to include the name of the specific school or course.

Appeal to him.

naxclimpsey:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Mzvelvet: 1:27pm On Oct 30, 2022
Na to beg am o.

naxclimpsey:

You know how Nigerian lecturers do, even to make dem write “To Whom It May Concern” is a miracle sometimes lol. I am applying to 10 schools at max. E no possible make e dey send them mail one by one.

Thanks for your input ma
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by ExpressBoy: 1:28pm On Oct 30, 2022
Chief sit down there ... Naija pple don’t keep mouth shot over there .. Now schools are setting a big trap for incoming students... I paid 3k deposit for my Sch since last year but decided to follow up for this intake submitted POF and other documents for CAS to my surprise I was told to go pay up €9050 to the initial 3k deposit before CAS Issuance...READ BELOW..

Custom Request Description: Please note that we now require you to have paid a minimum of £9,050 (including £2,975 payment already made) in order to issue your CAS, which is also the amount required for you to complete registration with us. This is due to financial difficulties faced by students registering for prior intakes, and is being enforced to make sure you are able to successfully complete registration without any additional financial issues. We understand this may mean you need to make arrangements for payments and apologise for the inconvenience, but this is in place to ensure you are able to successfully receive your visa, and complete registration with us.

Panasonic101:

All this na lie…. No sensible person will say this cuz even him no safe after saying such. Make una no too dey lie abeg.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by naxclimpsey(m): 1:42pm On Oct 30, 2022
Mzvelvet:

Na to beg am o.

I am in for a long thing
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by onyiokoye: 2:01pm On Oct 30, 2022
What school ?
ExpressBoy:
Chief sit down there ... Naija pple don’t keep mouth shot over there .. Now schools are setting a big trap for incoming students... I paid 3k deposit for my Sch since last year but decided to follow up for this intake submitted POF and other documents for CAS to my surprise I was told to go pay up €9050 to the initial 3k deposit before CAS Issuance...READ BELOW..

Custom Request Description: Please note that we now require you to have paid a minimum of £9,050 (including £2,975 payment already made) in order to issue your CAS, which is also the amount required for you to complete registration with us. This is due to financial difficulties faced by students registering for prior intakes, and is being enforced to make sure you are able to successfully complete registration without any additional financial issues. We understand this may mean you need to make arrangements for payments and apologise for the inconvenience, but this is in place to ensure you are able to successfully receive your visa, and complete registration with us.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Gloriyah(f): 2:10pm On Oct 30, 2022
CheedyJ:

Thanks a lot, I appreciate .please, any idea of the cost of the TB test?

57,800 (Iom ikeja & abuja)
60k (st Nicholas Lagos island)
60k (consultant practice Ikoyi)
46,500 ( Q-life family clinic VI)

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by ExpressBoy: 2:11pm On Oct 30, 2022
University of Greenwich some others Sch’s had started doing same.

onyiokoye:
What school ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by onyiokoye: 2:13pm On Oct 30, 2022
Hmm... That's sad
ExpressBoy:
University of Greenwich some others Sch’s had started doing same.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by olaoye15(m): 2:22pm On Oct 30, 2022
badoh:
Good Morning all,

Chief. How did you pay your IHS and Visa fee? I also want to do same on Monday.

Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by mancinho(f): 2:59pm On Oct 30, 2022
Hello guys,

If one's course start date is January 23rd, can the person travel a month before and work full time before resumption?

(1) (2) (3) ... (438) (439) (440) (441) (442) (443) (444) ... (1029)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.