Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,666 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:47 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 - Travel (926) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 (1002453 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (923) (924) (925) (926) (927) (928) (929) ... (1029) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by OJOAYODEJI(m): 11:18am On Jun 04, 2023
I also had same issue and you can check my post and see there response after uploading all d documents requested.

I uploaded all my previous Employment letter, Reference letter of my present place of work, my payslip, my certificates(marriage and school) , also family pictures just as to show evidence.

Glodmovick:

Hello there.. what documents did you later provided to get through this pls your response will be highly appreciated as I am also In this spot at the moment

Elders in the house all your contributions are also welcome thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by bukkytoyin: 12:01pm On Jun 04, 2023
Margs:
As promised…here goes
Applied to the school on the 29th of July 2022
They gave the conditional offer on the 16th of August
I provided documentation on the 30th or August
Another offer with fees and conditions for CAS on the 28th of Sept
Paid the 5k pounds deposit on the 7th of October (I was still undecided)
Then I started the back and forth to get an unconditional offer
After one million calls and emails I got the unconditional offer on the 15th of November
Did the interview for CAS 16th
Got confirmation it went well on the 17th
Got CAS on the 21st of October
Applied for the VISA on the same day
Submitted on the 24th in VI and used the priority service
Received the visa on the 1st of December and the mail for BRP this morning

For the visa I already has a Uk tourist visa on my ppt. I showed 12m on a Globus account. I was required to have about 10m but wanted it to be adequate regardless of fluctuations in the oanda rates
Submitted all the docs required and some information on my job - employment letter, pay slips etc. no letter from my office. Declared I had one Uk visa refusal a few years ago as well.

I’ve got to say, I prayed about this a lot o. Every step there were challenges but I prayed and God intervened.

Also used the info here and asked questions when I got stuck.

Grateful to God and everyone and wish you all the best at the various stages you are in!

Hello, I read your post and saw you used Globus bank. Please I send u a mail. Kindly respond.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by OJOAYODEJI(m): 1:14pm On Jun 04, 2023
You can't view your Main money on your Globus bank App. Just ensure you pay your % before the end of ur current %. Either weekly or monthly depending on which you are presently on.

😉

bukkytoyin:

Is anyone using Globus account for visa application?
If yes,
Is your bal showing in closing balance and ledger balance? Please I need response
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by bukkytoyin: 1:52pm On Jun 04, 2023
OJOAYODEJI:
You can't view your Main money on your Globus bank App. Just ensure you pay your % before the end of ur current %. Either weekly or monthly depending on which you are presently on.

😉

Okay thank you for responding but was your statement showing ledger bal too?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by duchess90(f): 1:58pm On Jun 04, 2023
Hello

More time is needed to assess your application

Be patient.

Cheers
OJOAYODEJI:
Good day House,

Plz has anyone gotten this type of mail before from UKVI in Lagos, Nigeria.
The applicant actually applied for Upload at the Center but on getting there, they didn't upload all the documents and they requested for it later via mail which the applicant later sent to them and few days later, he got this mail.
Plz what does it mean, experienced GURUS in the house.

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Idaytesj29(m): 2:34pm On Jun 04, 2023
How much is the proof of funds for family of 4?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Franzese: 3:06pm On Jun 04, 2023
@duchess90 mimilyrics and all the Gurus here.

I'll be very direct, let's give it to these guys.
They reply virtually every one's message here on a daily if not hourly bases.

From my inner most part I pray for all the guys that God will bless them immensely. I sincerely wish there was a reward mechanism here on nairaland.

If not for the complexity of the travel section I would have opened a fresh thread for this. Make one person no come Tiamiyu or Emtee the idea.

I also want to use this medium to encourage people with dependants back in Nigeria to keep the faith up and put across their applications ASAP. Visas are still being approved as I speak.

I'm a dependant and my journey with two kids was a nothing but miracle, from TB Test, to Visa application, to Biometrics, to Visa approval and then POE at Gatwick.

Biometrics Thursday, Empty NSF Friday, Passport pickup mail Tuesday. Visa was approved in 3 working days... It can only be God.

God will do yours too.

Also if there's anyone here around Portsmouth, Fratton, Isle of Wight or environs pls mention me let's discuss offline...

Thank you

14 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Bunmibum1: 3:08pm On Jun 04, 2023
Hello @duchess90,

Good evening

Please I'd like to know, on my CAS, the only document my school indicated was used to evaluate my English proficiency is my BSc certificate and also for admission. No other document was indicated.

I will be uploading my Bsc certificate along with transcript. At that, do I still need to upload my olevel results since its not stated on my CAS?

Thanks for your reply always.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by duchess90(f): 3:13pm On Jun 04, 2023
Hello

No need to upload it if it isn't stated on your CAS

Cheers
Bunmibum1:
Hello @duchess90,

Good evening

Please I'd like to know, on my CAS, the only document my school indicated was used to evaluate my English proficiency is my BSc certificate and also for admission. No other document was indicated.

I will be uploading my Bsc certificate along with transcript. At that, do I still need to upload my olevel results since its not stated on my CAS?

Thanks for your reply always.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by duchess90(f): 3:14pm On Jun 04, 2023
Hello

Amen and Congratulations to you

Cheers
Franzese:
@duchess90 mimilyrics and all the Gurus here.

I'll be very direct, let's give it to these guys.
They reply virtually every one's message here on a daily if not hourly bases.

From my inner most part I pray for all the guys that God will bless them immensely. I sincerely wish there was a reward mechanism here on nairaland.

If not for the complexity of the travel section I would have opened a fresh thread for this. Make one person no come Tiamiyu or Emtee the idea.

I also want to use this medium to encourage people with dependants back in Nigeria to keep the faith up and put across their applications ASAP. Visas are still being approved as I speak.

I'm a dependant and my journey with two kids was a nothing but miracle, from TB Test, to Visa application, to Biometrics, to Visa approval and then POE at Gatwick.

Biometrics Thursday, Empty NSF Friday, Passport pickup mail Tuesday. Visa was approved in 3 working days... It can only be God.

God will do yours too.

Also if there's anyone here around Portsmouth, Fraton, Isle of Wight or environs pls mention me let's discuss offline...

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by duchess90(f): 3:16pm On Jun 04, 2023
Hello

If the MA is studying within London then it will be 845*9*4

If the MA is studying outside London that it will be 680*9*4

Cheers
Idaytesj29:

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by TheNewAgeFarmer(m): 3:20pm On Jun 04, 2023
Check page 1.
Idaytesj29:
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Bunmibum1: 3:23pm On Jun 04, 2023
Oh okay thanks!
As evidence for Study gap, I was able to get reference letter from my two previous employments, coupled with latest employment. Will all that suffice for my 8 years Study gap?

Thanks @ duchess90

duchess90:
Hello

No need to upload it if it isn't stated on your CAS

Cheers
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by SPDAZZY(f): 3:42pm On Jun 04, 2023
Anfieldboss:
Hello guys,

Please I need your honest views on my proposed plan.

I am thinking of going to the UK for a self-funded PhD next year. I invested a lot in pursuing a PhD in the US this year, but unfortunately, it didn't work out. I am still trying to get myself out of that disappointment because I am fed up with my job and the country as a whole.

The thing is I am not financially robust to fund a PhD in the UK, but I am considering my options. I know many Nigerian students that are in similar financial positions as myself or even worse but have managed to self-fund themselves in the UK.

I am married with a daughter and I plan on going with my family. My wife is a teacher with Montessori and British curriculum experience. Many of her colleagues that travel abroad find it easy to get teaching jobs because of their experience. My questions are

1. Will I be able to raise my tuition fees by working part-time as a PhD student? What kind of jobs can I do as a part-time PhD student?

2. I have had a discussion with my wife and she has agreed to bear more of the financial responsibilities in the family during my period of study. How lucrative are teaching jobs in the UK and will she be able to meet up? I'll try to support when I have sorted out my tuition.

3. How much would we need as a family to move? Please I will appreciate a breakdown of the cost. I am targeting low-tuition universities for my PhD (Teeside, GCU, Salford, and Coventry).

Please I will appreciate advice from the experienced ones here.

DMainMan, I would appreciate your input sir.

Hi, my response is based on my experience as I am currently self funding my PhD with my husband's assistance. It is extremely difficult and we practically live paycheck to paycheck cos of saving for tuition. My school gave me a 40% bursary for my second year but it's still very difficult.

One of the challenges is that the PhD research is so demanding that I hardly have time for jobs as it's said that PhD is a full time job and you are required to put in about 40hours weekly. I have only worked up to 20hours one week since over 14months of being here. Coupled with having a toddler which I see you have a daughter so believe me it's not an easy task. I have a colleague who has tuition funding but no maintenance funding, however he says it's not easy either.

My advice would be to seek funding if you are in a science based course even if it's tuition only. UK schools as rightly pointed out do not really give funding to overseas students.

Your wife would find a teaching job yeah, however the pay would not be enough to pay fees and survive and if your child isn't up to 5 years, how would you two manage with childcare as teaching is a day work, your research is a day job too.

To play the devil's advocate, what if your wife changes her mind about sponsoring you mid way into your studies? Especially when the pressure of using all the funds from teaching for your fees as teaching doesn't really pay much.

As someone else has advised, I will say she comes in with a teaching qualification education route, use your funds to fund her education whilst you can comfortably work in perhaps a more paying and flexible job(for your child) than teaching. She would most likely get sponsored after her studies as teachers are well sought after. You may also find a work sponsorship in your sector.

And to cap my long write up, if you find funding, doing a PhD would be more rewarding in the long run and you will have a longer term visa of more than 4years, you would network during your studies and at completion, you stand a great chance of getting a nice job too.

All the best!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Mryemzyvic(m): 4:45pm On Jun 04, 2023
Hello my people, my sister just got admission to study at ulster University, Birmingham
How can we pay her tuition fees from naija
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Highlyfavoured3: 5:15pm On Jun 04, 2023
tyllapia:

If you don't mind
How much are you paying if I can help out
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by bebiee(f): 6:00pm On Jun 04, 2023
Kennyliga112:
I have a similar case with yours.it won’t affect your application.all you have to do is register to the nearest Gp in your location when you get to the Uk for quick check up.

Hi, thank you for your reply.

Do I submit the tb Certificate for visa together with the supporting document explaining the xray abnormality. It was written there that the chest xray is not suggestive of active tb
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by tanyabeiychhh: 6:02pm On Jun 04, 2023
Please I am still waiting for the Nottingham Trent sept 2023 WhatsApp and telegram links. I have sent a pm about a week ago.

Kassidy4luv:

Send a pm I will share the WhatsApp and telegram links for NTU September 2023.
NTU send CAS once your payment is confirmed in the shortest possible time frame.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by amnwa(m): 6:04pm On Jun 04, 2023
Mryemzyvic:
Hello my people, my sister just got admission to study at ulster University, Birmingham
How can we pay her tuition fees from naija

Form A or blackmarket
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Kassidy4luv(m): 6:12pm On Jun 04, 2023
Greetings,

Can an applicant with dependants use the school address as where they will stay on the visa application form?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Kassidy4luv(m): 6:14pm On Jun 04, 2023
tanyabeiychhh:
Please I am still waiting for the Nottingham Trent sept 2023 WhatsApp and telegram links. I have sent a pm about a week ago.

Hello,

I'm yet to see your pm
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by tanyabeiychhh: 6:42pm On Jun 04, 2023
Thanks for your response
I have sent several times I really don't know why you have not seen it, maybe it's in your spam?
Please can you email it to me

God bless you abundantly.

Kassidy4luv:

Hello,

I'm yet to see your pm
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by tanyabeiychhh: 6:44pm On Jun 04, 2023
Yes please,
Did this for my undergraduate course.

It looks like you're also attending NTU this September. Id like to ask if you have succeeded with form A? The deadline for payment of deposit is fast approaching.

Kassidy4luv:
Greetings,

Can an applicant with dependants use the school address as where they will stay on the visa application form?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by duchess90(f): 7:12pm On Jun 04, 2023
Hello

That will suffice

Cheers
Bunmibum1:
Oh okay thanks!
As evidence for Study gap, I was able to get reference letter from my two previous employments, coupled with latest employment. Will all that suffice for my 8 years Study gap?

Thanks @ duchess90

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Kassidy4luv(m): 7:16pm On Jun 04, 2023
tanyabeiychhh:
Thanks for your response
I have sent several times I really don't know why you have not seen it, maybe it's in your spam?
Please can you email it to me

teeynelson101@gmail.com

God bless you abundantly.

Hello I sent you an email with the WhatsApp group link in the content.

Cheers

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Kassidy4luv(m): 7:18pm On Jun 04, 2023
tanyabeiychhh:
Yes please,
Did this for my undergraduate course.

It looks like you're also attending NTU this September. Id like to ask if you have succeeded with form A? The deadline for payment of deposit is fast approaching.

Yea I was debited last month through FORM A; though Iniated early February this year. Its takes about 3 months to be debited.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Shaffy001: 7:51pm On Jun 04, 2023
Please all the gurus in the building

Am about filling my visa application..my dependent officials changed her name to mine when she's about to register for her international passport..different of 2year to our wedding certificate..
Should I upload the affidavit with the newspaper for changing of names regardless of the wedding certificate date.
Please your experience is needed 🙏 @ all the guru in the house
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by daomi(m): 8:07pm On Jun 04, 2023
Pls which format will the attached documents be during visa application

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by duchess90(f): 8:13pm On Jun 04, 2023
Hello

Yes upload it. The date difference between your marriage certificate and affidavit/newspaper publication for change of name is irrelevant

Cheers
Shaffy001:
Please all the gurus in the building

Am about filling my visa application..my dependent officials changed her name to mine when she's about to register for her international passport..different of 2year to our wedding certificate..
Should I upload the affidavit with the newspaper for changing of names regardless of the wedding certificate date.
Please your experience is needed 🙏 @ all the guru in the house

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by NIKEDEEDS(m): 8:53pm On Jun 04, 2023
Please can someone update us where the various banks are in Form A processing.

As at last 2 weeks Zenith bank debited someone that initiated their request on March 04, 2023
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Idaytesj29(m): 9:38pm On Jun 04, 2023
duchess90:
Hello

If the MA is studying within London then it will be 845*9*4

If the MA is studying outside London that it will be 680*9*4

Cheers
Thank you and God bless you. You have been very helpful.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Atunrayo: 9:46pm On Jun 04, 2023
Hi everyone. I have some questions.

I finished my B.Sc in 2019 and my NYSC in 2021, and I've been working since then.

Does that fall into the the study gap verification?
Will I have to show a reference letter from my work place along with my employment letter?

If I'm to show a reference letter, will it be on a letter head?

I'm worried that I may not be able to get anyone to write me a reference letter at work.

Thanks, I look forward to the responses.

(1) (2) (3) ... (923) (924) (925) (926) (927) (928) (929) ... (1029)

Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.