Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,045 members, 7,821,597 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:29 PM

What Towns And Cities Are Best To Reside In Nigeria? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What Towns And Cities Are Best To Reside In Nigeria? (491 Views)

Some Lagos Towns And Villages And Their Founders / Origin And Founders Of 150 Cities, Towns And Villages in Nigeria / Oriki Of All Towns In Ekiti State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Towns And Cities Are Best To Reside In Nigeria? by remsonik(f): 9:05pm On Aug 06, 2022
I would like everyone to respond to this post, what towns and cities are best to reside in Nigeria in relation to the people, culture, cost of living, attitudes and characters.

For me I still enjoy Lagos, calabar. I am presently in ibadan and the attitudes of the people there is not making me enjoy the town. Hatred, gossip, lying, evil minds, wishing another person evil with curses, charms, evil works, borrowing, buying on credit and not willing to pay if you ask them for your money they then attack you with their bad attitudes.

1 Like

Re: What Towns And Cities Are Best To Reside In Nigeria? by Assquare(m): 9:20pm On Aug 06, 2022
Borno state.
Re: What Towns And Cities Are Best To Reside In Nigeria? by khadaffi(m): 9:25pm On Aug 06, 2022
My brother, it's Maiduguri. That is the best place to be now
Re: What Towns And Cities Are Best To Reside In Nigeria? by whodeyhere: 10:34pm On Aug 06, 2022
remsonik:
I would like everyone to respond to this post, what towns and cities are best to reside in Nigeria in relation to the people, culture, cost of living, attitudes and characters.

For me I still enjoy Lagos, calabar. I am presently in ibadan and the attitudes of the people there is not making me enjoy the town. Hatred, gossip, lying, evil minds, wishing another person evil with curses, charms, evil works, borrowing, buying on credit and not willing to pay if you ask them for your money they then attack you with their bad attitudes.

This is very strange though, I live in Ibadan for several years and these attitude you mention is really very strange to me. I know you can't really escape gossip though but that depends on where you live and if you speak yoruba too. Where do you live in Ibadan?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Towns And Cities Are Best To Reside In Nigeria? by remsonik(f): 11:11pm On Aug 06, 2022
Assquare:
Borno state.
Why is it?
Re: What Towns And Cities Are Best To Reside In Nigeria? by remsonik(f): 11:12pm On Aug 06, 2022
khadaffi:
My brother, it's Maiduguri. That is the best place to be now
Its the worst, headquarters of terrorism
Re: What Towns And Cities Are Best To Reside In Nigeria? by remsonik(f): 11:16pm On Aug 06, 2022
whodeyhere:

This is very strange though, I live in Ibadan for several years and these attitude you mention is really very strange to me. I know you can't really escape gossip though but that depends on where you live and if you speak yoruba too. Where do you live in Ibadan?
I live in olorunda after akobo and my experiences with the residents of the town has been bad especially with the localities there. All they want is to get from you and pay you evil in return. To stay there you've to be wise
Re: What Towns And Cities Are Best To Reside In Nigeria? by Aqesimitta: 3:04am On Aug 07, 2022
Cities that aren't state capitals. We call them home country . Like that Ibadan you named, is in Oyo state, in Oyo State, not all there LGA are overpopulated and overcrowded like ibadan, Oyo town isn't crowded and noisy like ibadan

I served in Ondo State, and up til now my nysc memories are one of my best in my life. The town wasn't Akure, their state capital, and you can even count the number of people living in the streets. But Omo, the environment was serene and your mental health will be very ok. The town was Ile Oluji/Okeigbo.

Up till now, there are many conducive towns in Nigeria, but it's because everybody focus on the big cities like Lagos, that's why

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Towns And Cities Are Best To Reside In Nigeria? by remsonik(f): 6:56am On Aug 08, 2022
Aqesimitta:
Cities that aren't state capitals. We call them home country . Like that Ibadan you named, is in Oyo state, in Oyo State, not all there LGA are overpopulated and overcrowded like ibadan, Oyo town isn't crowded and noisy like ibadan

I served in Ondo State, and up til now my nysc memories are one of my best in my life. The town wasn't Akure, their state capital, and you can even count the number of people living in the streets. But Omo, the environment was serene and your mental health will be very ok. The town was Ile Oluji/Okeigbo.

Up till now, there are many conducive towns in Nigeria, but it's because everybody focus on the big cities like Lagos, that's why
Yes you're right, while serving in cross river's state I was posted to a small town within the town and enjoyed the town and the whole state. In Oyo state I enjoy oyo, ogbomosho, oke ogun towns much more than ibadan the state capital

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Brief History Of Gbongan / . / Janitorial Cleaning Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.