Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,978 members, 7,817,883 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:01 PM

I Need A Digital Pen & Pad - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / I Need A Digital Pen & Pad (3839 Views)

Oscar Ukonu: The Nigerian Who Can Draw Everything With Pen / Awesome Pen(bic) Drawings Of Oscar Chuks / A Nairalander's Comic Book Made With Pen & Photoshop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need A Digital Pen & Pad by wham(m): 10:47pm On Aug 15, 2007
I need a USB digital Pen & Pad with at least 8x6" active working Area for my drawings on PC.

Does antone know where I can get one?

1 Like

Re: I Need A Digital Pen & Pad by omega25red(m): 8:37pm On Aug 22, 2007
search on google.com for wacom digital tablet with stylist
Re: I Need A Digital Pen & Pad by wham(m): 4:45pm On Aug 23, 2007
I've seen good ones in Amazon. My problem is that Amazon only ships stuff like CDs and Books to African countries. They wont ship a Wacom tablet down
Re: I Need A Digital Pen & Pad by fPearse(m): 2:09pm On Aug 24, 2007
hey people a lot of us need this stuff doesn't anyone know where we can get on in nigeria its not as if we have credit cards or something
Re: I Need A Digital Pen & Pad by wham(m): 8:37pm On Aug 24, 2007
You can actually get 4x5,5" Genius Graphics pen/pad in Abuja @ Zone 3 Shopping Centre for about 12k. My friend scouted Comp. Village in Lag for them but didnt find anybody that was even sure of what he was asking for.

I'll update this post as soon as I can get a source to the Graphics pads with higher working Area (i.e. 6x8")
Re: I Need A Digital Pen & Pad by wham(m): 7:37pm On Aug 28, 2007
I just ordered for an 8x6" Digital Graphics pen from www.buyright.com (Pragmatic Technologies, Obanikoro, Lagos) for about 12k. I hope it works smoothly. I hope I get use to controlling it. I'll let u guys know if it's good enough.
Re: I Need A Digital Pen & Pad by wham(m): 8:16pm On Sep 07, 2007
Okay! getting used to using the pen and pad 4 the first time is not easy. But I'm okay now. Its cool for flash. Corel Draw is not too good with it.

It makes a worbling line when drwing slowly but I have found a way to use it perfectly.

I feel much better now, but I will still be ordering a WACOM pen/pad from amazon later this year
Re: I Need A Digital Pen & Pad by ujuslims(f): 8:55am On Sep 08, 2007
wham
abeg how were yu able yo use the buyright website. am in 9ja.
do they have wacom for sale?
Re: I Need A Digital Pen & Pad by wham(m): 12:09pm On Sep 08, 2007
I dont know how else to instruct u, but log onto the site, locate use the search engine on the page to search for "Graphics tablets". One of them is has the item code 1856. Thats the 8x6" one. It goes for about 12k. Add it to cart, and proceed.

Call them if u r still not able to use it successfully. And all u might need 2 do is pick it up from any of their branches where they hav it available.

What kind of graphics design are u into?

Cheers and Good luck
Re: I Need A Digital Pen & Pad by qeemus: 1:18pm On Sep 08, 2007
i think the correct website for buy right in nigeria is www.buyright.biz and not .com
Re: I Need A Digital Pen & Pad by hexgear(m): 2:09am On Sep 09, 2007
@ Wham

Bros, it’s good to see you’re getting a WACOM in the long run. When it boils down to creating professional art no other graphics tablet can compare. I was once in your position and got myself a cheap Nisis at first but after sampling it for just a couple of minutes the poor quality was so evident. Luckily I was abroad at the time and had the chance to order a Wacom Intuos A4 Oversize and I haven't looked back ever since. The only downside is that it's freakin' huge man, if only I could have sampled-before-buying it I would have chosen the lower A4 model.

$0.02
Re: I Need A Digital Pen & Pad by logi: 3:42pm On Sep 09, 2007
How do I get a WACOM in Nigeria. The computer accessory vendors dont even know what it is.
Re: I Need A Digital Pen & Pad by wham(m): 3:50pm On Sep 09, 2007
@geemus
You are right. the website is buyright.biz.

@ujuslims
Sorry for the mix-up

@hexgear
Thanks for your advice from experience.
This pad is not too bad sha. But I'll still get the WACOM.
Which of them would u specifically advice me to buy? And which size?
Re: I Need A Digital Pen & Pad by hexgear(m): 10:42pm On Sep 09, 2007
@Wham

Well, it all depends on what exactly you intend to use it for, but first and foremost I would suggest you pick one from the tried and tested Intuos3 line. The nice thing about this range is that they all have the same specs (resolution, accuracy, sensitivity, etc); the only major difference is the obvious active area size. So it all boils down to:

How do you like to draw? On a table, on your lap, generic sketches or fine detail work?

What's your policy on portability? Will you need to carry it around a lot or will it pretty much sit on your work desk permanently?

How much money are you willing to spend? More money will only get you a bigger size not better quality.

As for me, I did a little sketching as a kid (and still do), always using the standard A4 paper and thought that if I ever needed to trace my work unto the computer; the tablet would have to be at least A4 size. I also saved up for a while to cover the huge cost of getting a brand new one. Hopefully someday it will pay for itself.
Re: I Need A Digital Pen & Pad by wham(m): 7:33pm On Sep 10, 2007
@hexgear

I draw with a 17"monitor and a desktop PC.
I would'nt mind saving for a better size.
I think I need a larger size for my work (2D Animation).

I checked on amazon again and saw they had a 12x12 Intuos3 (PTZ1230).
That seems to suite.

Thanks man.
I needed to know the difference btw the Graphire and the Intuos. You just gave me a good hint.

(1) (Reply)

We Recover Data From Faulty And Formatted Data Storage Devices In Lagos / Camera for just 40k SOLD..! / Album Art Cover

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.