Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,668 members, 7,955,420 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 05:00 AM

Stolen Passport? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Stolen Passport? (702 Views)

How To Guide Against A Stolen Nigerian International Passport / A Nigerian Caught After More Than 20 Years Of Stolen Identity In The UK / Have You Ever Had Your Item(s) Stolen On Arik Air Before? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Stolen Passport? by MontyNG(m): 12:37pm On Aug 04, 2011
Hello,

I just discovered yesterday that my passport may have been stolen from where I left it at work! I work in quite a very professional office so this is very unusual.
Most of the people I work with including the cleaners are british with the occasional philipino and dudu person. But mostly local british folks.

So I can't seem to get my head round why someone will want to steal a naija passport. The passport has a WP and a US visa plus a few expired schengen visas!

If someone did steal it, what can they possibly do with it?? I'll appreciate any advice right now as this is completely effed up for me! I have not reported it yet as I'm still hoping it 'll turn up somewhere but can't find it anywhere at the moment and pretty sure (100%) I left it in my office drawer and it's not there anymore.

There was also other things within the drawer that could have been stolen and sold on quickly but this person chose to steal my passport!

What exactly can be done with a stolen naija passport??

Thanks
Re: Stolen Passport? by justwise(m): 12:49pm On Aug 04, 2011
MontyNG:

Hello,I just discovered yesterday that my passport may have been stolen from where I left it at work! I work in quite a very professional office so this is very unusual. Most of the people I work with including the cleaners are british with the occasional philipino and dudu person. But mostly local british folks. So I can't seem to get my head round why someone will want to steal a naija passport. The passport has a WP and a US visa plus a few expired schengen visas! If someone did steal it, what can they possibly do with it?? I'll appreciate any advice right now as this is completely effed up for me! I have not reported it yet as I'm still hoping it 'll turn up somewhere but can't find it anywhere at the moment and pretty sure (100%) I left it in my office drawer and it's not there anymore. There was also other things within the drawer that could have been stolen and sold on quickly but this person chose to steal my passport! What exactly can be done with a stolen naija passport? Thanks
You have to report it to the police first b4 anything else, that will safe you from alot of trouble if that passport is used for any crime
Re: Stolen Passport? by dellnet: 1:40pm On Aug 04, 2011
justwise:

for any crime

(1) (Reply)

Uk Visa In 2 Weeks And Professional Visa Application Guide To U.s,europe & S.a / Apointment / Cost Of Having A Baby In Maryland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.