Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:13 AM

In 70 Years Of RCCG; Have You Been To Redemption Camp? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / In 70 Years Of RCCG; Have You Been To Redemption Camp? (22849 Views)

RCCG Youths Hold EndSARS, EndSWAT Prayer Rally At Redemption Camp / Pastor EA Adeboye: Biography, Age, Family, History Of Rccg And Many More / BBC Visits RCCG Redemption Camp (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In 70 Years Of RCCG; Have You Been To Redemption Camp? by HeyHey(f): 2:45pm On Aug 14, 2022
blingxx:

Abeg help me ask them , camp wey my friends dey go just to knack babes and collect number .. infact lemme keep quiet lipsrsealed

Everyone with wetin them find go. Some Dey go thief, some go for women, some go for trade/market, some go because their parents force them, some go to separate their selves in consecration to their God, in fasting and prayer almost through the 7days without any distractions and I believe those ones who seek their God, find what they search for

4 Likes

Re: In 70 Years Of RCCG; Have You Been To Redemption Camp? by Nobody: 2:52pm On Aug 14, 2022
Never and my papa na Deacon grin grin
Re: In 70 Years Of RCCG; Have You Been To Redemption Camp? by josite: 2:56pm On Aug 14, 2022
Redemption camp.only became operational in.tbe early 80"s
Re: In 70 Years Of RCCG; Have You Been To Redemption Camp? by judedwriter(m): 3:03pm On Aug 14, 2022
Several times.

My first time was at the oldest auditorium. My late mum took me there as a child.

I remember how troubled I was then and I kept wondering why my mother would allow me go through much stress grin

RCCG wasn't as big then as it is now.few thousands filled the camp then, but now millions of people.

3 Likes

Re: In 70 Years Of RCCG; Have You Been To Redemption Camp? by ganye1: 3:10pm On Aug 14, 2022
Do you see any Muslim coming here to mock your religion? Must you comment on a Muslim threat and if you must comment most you insult their religion?
I'm a Muslim and no matter what I will never comment on a threat that asks me to swear to being any other thing than being a Muslim but you people swear to being Muslims just to insult Islam.
D
Chijeep:
Seun come closer, you deserve a knock on your head.
Why didn't you ask me to swear before commenting on a Christian topic just as you do on muslims posts on Fridays.

INDEED CHRISTIANS ARE ACCOMMODATING AND TOLERANT
Re: In 70 Years Of RCCG; Have You Been To Redemption Camp? by vinceyinnovation: 3:32pm On Aug 14, 2022
Truefaith:
The most important issue anyone must consider about the RCCG is, "Does the RCCG teach what the Lord Jesus and His Apostles taught or is it an occult body masquerading as a church of Christ?"

In a case where people pray to rods raised by its G.O., worship the G.O.'s chair, the G.O.'s prayer room, the G.O.'s agbadas, anyone calling the RCCG a Christian church is in self delusion.

www.thetruechristianfaith.com

Your website is perfect example of leading people from the path of confusion to the path of even more confusion

2 Likes

Re: In 70 Years Of RCCG; Have You Been To Redemption Camp? by Chijeep(m): 3:38pm On Aug 14, 2022
ganye1:
Do you see any Muslim coming here to mock your religion? Must you comment on a Muslim threat and if you must comment most you insult their religion?
I'm a Muslim and no matter what I will never comment on a threat that asks me to swear to being any other thing than being a Muslim but you people swear to being Muslims just to insult Islam.
D
Read what you post again.
Re: In 70 Years Of RCCG; Have You Been To Redemption Camp? by Ropostic120(m): 3:59pm On Aug 14, 2022
My first was in 2000 when I was 20 and I saw visions of God then and heard an audible voices for the first time

3 Likes

Re: In 70 Years Of RCCG; Have You Been To Redemption Camp? by Newborn27(f): 4:17pm On Aug 14, 2022
Oh my!

I'm Missing redemption camp..
I was a regular attendee of national programs while I was still living in Lagos....but since I've been in Ore, (2013)I haven't attend the programs no even holy ghost night.

What a wonderful memory to behold.

2 Likes

Re: In 70 Years Of RCCG; Have You Been To Redemption Camp? by wiseworld: 4:34pm On Aug 14, 2022
Indelibleage:
Till 2010 before I left Southwest. I was living in Mowe Adesan then.
Yes you let me remember Adesan,Loburo, Ashimolowo,Arigbaowo,Ofada...the real G
Re: In 70 Years Of RCCG; Have You Been To Redemption Camp? by Pvictor10(m): 4:36pm On Aug 14, 2022
olaniyilukman:
What is the purpose of redemption camp when millions are lavishing in poverty... Religion has taken over some people brain I swear...

Do you know how many jobs RCCG creates? RCCG is a big system. Several thousands are employed by RCCG across different fields.

3 Likes

Re: In 70 Years Of RCCG; Have You Been To Redemption Camp? by Dada4me: 6:43pm On Aug 14, 2022
I was there in 2010, invited by a prospective babe

The other time I went there was to withdraw money from one of the ATMs located near the meeting hall in 2015.

1 Like

Re: In 70 Years Of RCCG; Have You Been To Redemption Camp? by Omooba77: 7:08pm On Aug 14, 2022
2special:
Yeah, my first time was 1987, I remembered when the convention first week of August was meant for other states( Zone A) while Zone B (Lagos and Ogun States) the second week of August...I remembered when to drive into the camp, you will be giving a car tag which you will return when driving out, always having issues with the man o war during the convention, an hour break during the monthly holy Ghost service then, the G.O walking in through the old auditorium to the altar during the holy Ghost service etc

You are right sir, Zone A or B was stopped because majority of Lagos people will still stay back to eat free food....God bless you sir....

2 Likes

Re: In 70 Years Of RCCG; Have You Been To Redemption Camp? by Wwwq: 7:29pm On Aug 14, 2022
Really
Re: In 70 Years Of RCCG; Have You Been To Redemption Camp? by 2special(m): 8:07pm On Aug 14, 2022
Omooba77:

You are right sir, Zone A or B was stopped because majority of Lagos people will still stay back to eat free food....God bless you sir....
amen
Re: In 70 Years Of RCCG; Have You Been To Redemption Camp? by Adebanjids1(m): 8:17pm On Aug 14, 2022
Redemption Camp is actually a place one should be. MOST especially joining the like minded in Shouting � with great strength and number, sounding our praises and worships like the roar of rushing waters and like loud peals of thunder,_ _singing: “ *Hallelujah* !

The interesting thing is you even find Muslim faithfuls with hijabs there praying as well. That always amaze me.

1 Like

Re: In 70 Years Of RCCG; Have You Been To Redemption Camp? by 3nity7: 8:57pm On Aug 14, 2022
Yes 2012 Holy Ghost Congress at the old 1km auditorium
Re: In 70 Years Of RCCG; Have You Been To Redemption Camp? by Andywinnie(f): 10:08pm On Aug 14, 2022
I was there live, remind me to post some pictures. Thank

Currently on our way back to the North.

1 Like

Re: In 70 Years Of RCCG; Have You Been To Redemption Camp? by Andywinnie(f): 10:12pm On Aug 14, 2022
A visit to the National Kitchen.

I wish there is a way I could post videos.

1 Like

Re: In 70 Years Of RCCG; Have You Been To Redemption Camp? by Andywinnie(f): 10:13pm On Aug 14, 2022
Lemme book this space to attach further eye catching pictures and videos.

1 Like

Re: In 70 Years Of RCCG; Have You Been To Redemption Camp? by Myzubby(m): 11:00pm On Aug 14, 2022
I was there in October 2021 during the youth convention.
I must tell you redemption camp is not a place anyone should miss the landscape the serene environment. Many interesting things there .
I wish to be there again
Re: In 70 Years Of RCCG; Have You Been To Redemption Camp? by engrchykae(m): 11:36pm On Aug 14, 2022
Tribalistic church
Re: In 70 Years Of RCCG; Have You Been To Redemption Camp? by Nobody: 1:21am On Aug 15, 2022
Nope. I have no need to be there. I despise unnecessary large gathering of people,
Besides Adeboye messages are always dry and lacking in spiritual depth. If you doubt me, listen to one of his messages on youtube.
Re: In 70 Years Of RCCG; Have You Been To Redemption Camp? by placeofallure(f): 4:59am On Aug 15, 2022
I was there a long time ago. That should be when I was 12 or so. Then it wasn't for a program organised by the Redeem Church. It was my own church National Youth Camp. Because it was a national camp, and all the youth members from the entire country would be coming, our own permanent camp ground in Lagos wasn't big enough hence the need to rent the place.

I remember a very big hall with benches as seats, the floor wasn't cemented, just sand, then there wasn't any building, it was just a shed - iron roofing sheets covering stakes, and a raised platform as the pulpit area. I remember our hostels were buildings half done, blocks not cemented yet, there were even no windows just like your typical Jakande secondary schools. For that reason, mosquitoes and ticks almost finished my ajebutter skin. My mum had to buy a medicated soap for me when we returned, big sis and I.

Since then I've never been to the RCCG camp ground. Only watch and follow their programs on TV. God bless Papa Adeboye and the church.
Re: In 70 Years Of RCCG; Have You Been To Redemption Camp? by BirtherOfKings(f): 8:36am On Aug 15, 2022
KillSars:
No

But I will be there with my private jet come 2023.
Oshey, and GOD will do it for u
Re: In 70 Years Of RCCG; Have You Been To Redemption Camp? by Abudu2000(m): 11:19am On Aug 15, 2022
fineyemi:
No signature to reveal your number
updated now Sir
Re: In 70 Years Of RCCG; Have You Been To Redemption Camp? by Matthew2925(m): 2:03pm On Aug 15, 2022
Yes. 2012
Re: In 70 Years Of RCCG; Have You Been To Redemption Camp? by Nezzjnr: 2:12pm On Aug 15, 2022
Andywinnie

1 Like

Re: In 70 Years Of RCCG; Have You Been To Redemption Camp? by Andywinnie(f): 9:13pm On Aug 15, 2022
Nezzjnr:
Andywinnie

Beautiful
Re: In 70 Years Of RCCG; Have You Been To Redemption Camp? by Nezzjnr: 9:17pm On Aug 15, 2022
Andywinnie:

Beautiful
I go there for vacation frequently

1 Like

Re: In 70 Years Of RCCG; Have You Been To Redemption Camp? by chijokz(m): 9:32pm On Aug 15, 2022
Haykings02:

So because many are languishing in poverty, one should not go to church And has you decided to stay back, how has it help to reduce poverty?
I believe what he was alluding to was rather than the poor people who attend such services and continue pay tithes, give offerings, pay different levies, sow seeds, etc..they should use such funds for their families or little investments that yields returns and growth.
Re: In 70 Years Of RCCG; Have You Been To Redemption Camp? by WarriAproko: 7:55pm On Aug 16, 2022
Damikjay:
it should be redemption camp.
ok.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

'Religion Has Done More Harm To Man Than Technology' - Twitter User Says / What Goes To Heaven Or Hell, Is It Body,soul Or Spirit. / Did Moses See God Or Was Timothy Wrong About No One Being Able To see God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.