Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,100 members, 7,828,845 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:02 PM

Lagos Orders Reintroduction Of History Into School Curriculum - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Lagos Orders Reintroduction Of History Into School Curriculum (24672 Views)

Bayelsa To Include Chinese Language In School Curriculum / Students In Viral Shisha Video Suspended: Lagos Orders Their Rehabilitation / Lagos Orders Public & Private Schools To Vacate On 18 December, 2020 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Orders Reintroduction Of History Into School Curriculum by EponOjuku: 11:13am On Aug 14, 2022
MrBlock:

The 2 names I omitted are Major Adewale Ademoyega and Major Timothy Onwuatuegwu. They later joined in the plot but we're not the original consipators.

I'm not sure what you mean by "first victim". A large number of high ranking civilian and military personnel were killed majority of whom were Hausa and Yoruba.

After the coup, General Johnson Aguiyi-Ironsi took over power as the Head of State.

In some instances, they killed them and killed their wives. Yet, the Igbos couldn't kill their own leaders.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Orders Reintroduction Of History Into School Curriculum by Gourdoinc(m): 11:17am On Aug 14, 2022
ransomed:

Bia, history is in the making today ,
The ibos are the number one enemy of Peter Obi political struggle today.
Should I remind your that Rev. Father Mbaka, Gov Dave Umahi, Orji Uzor Kalu, Zack Orji, and other anti Obis that are outspoken are ndigbos .
check the biafran war. It was fought on two sides. Against the Nigerian forces and against fellow igbos (saboteurs). It is the weakness of the igbo man. Everyone has their weaknesses. Yoruba people loathe ijebu men, even though they are yorubas. Its an inner quirk everyone has in their tribe, that is internal matter. That doesn't imply that the Nigerian state should continue the civil war against the igbos many years after it is presumed to have ended. It is callous, it is wicked and marginalising.
Re: Lagos Orders Reintroduction Of History Into School Curriculum by Gourdoinc(m): 11:17am On Aug 14, 2022
EponOjuku:

You killed Akintola, Balewa, Ahmadu Bello and Okotie Eboh. You killed leaders of the West, North, Midwest but spared Eastern leaders. Azikiwe was spared, Nwafor Orizu was spared.

The buffon called Ironsi came on board and his actions confirmed the suspicions that it was an Igbo Coup. He refused to try the Coup plotters and instead moved them to Owerri for their protection. Who protects coup plotters for God's sake?
Not only that, he introduced the Unification decree.

Thank God history classes are back. Hopefully the next generation of Igbos won't be as daft as the current generation.
I am waiting for your response.
Re: Lagos Orders Reintroduction Of History Into School Curriculum by EponOjuku: 11:17am On Aug 14, 2022
Gourdoinc:
wrong. Awolowo could have been gotten if they wanted. They spared him for a reason I can't mention here. The same reason was why they spared azikiwe. However for the other person you mentioned. That was the biggest gaffe and why it was understandable the north felt a betrayal and igbo agenda in the coup. However there was a reason it happened
Go and research about it

You can only lie to yourself and to those who lack knowledge of history.

Azikiwe was hinted about the coup and he ran out of Nigeria few hours before the coup.
Nwafor Orizu was in Nigeria, yet they conveniently left him out. Why?

If it was not an Igbo agenda, why did Ironsi refuse to try and execute the coup plotters?
Why did he move the coup plotters to Owerri? Was Owerri the Federal capital?

You are the one whose ignorance has exposed Igbos to ridicule on this thread.

6 Likes

Re: Lagos Orders Reintroduction Of History Into School Curriculum by Nobody: 11:18am On Aug 14, 2022
aribisala0:
OBJ removed the subject? When and how?
yeah, 2009, or so.
Re: Lagos Orders Reintroduction Of History Into School Curriculum by Gourdoinc(m): 11:20am On Aug 14, 2022
EponOjuku:

You can only lie to yourself and to those who lack knowledge of history.

Azikiwe was hinted about the coup and he ran out of Nigeria few hours before the coup.

If it was not an Igbo agenda, why did Ironsi refuse to try and execute the coup plotters?

Why did he move the coup plotters to Owerri? Was Owerri the Federal capital?

You are the one whose ignorance has exposed Igbos to ridicule on this thread.
Lol. Go and read the book by the yoruba Coup plotter. Your mother wasn't born during the war, so I advise you to read the book at least it tells some truths.

The coup plotters were not tried for a simple reason. Read that book and learn why. It was not an igbo coup. When you try the coup plotters, you will try their enablers whose names aren't mentioned here. The Nigeria you know today would not have existed if that was done. Ironsi knew that, the north fumed at that because it implicates people I won't mention here. Go and read sir. Or attend the classes.
Re: Lagos Orders Reintroduction Of History Into School Curriculum by aribisala0(m): 11:22am On Aug 14, 2022
priceactionx:

yeah, 2009, or so.
What was Obasanjo in 2009? Do you have evidence for this claim
What power did he use to do this? Many of you talk foolishly

History has been a JAMB subject from day one. That has never stopped. Same with WAEC and NECO

The past questions are all over the internet

1 Like

Re: Lagos Orders Reintroduction Of History Into School Curriculum by realestate99: 11:22am On Aug 14, 2022
Gourdoinc:
I might misplace you in ibadan. On your second paragraph that is very true. It happened. It will be an eye opener for the biafran agitators who assume biafra was a utopia when it existed. It wasn't. It will never be based on the manner it is pursued. However it was never an igbo coup. Even after everything, why has the civil war refused to end, even for people like you that your mother wasn't born during the war.
You see, I have made you changed your stance twice, shows you are a shallow soul, the civil war has ended but igbos are still looking for vengeance consciously or unconsciously, that is why millennials like you are fed with hate and anguish everyday.

The only good thing you can do for your kids is to raise them with an open mind but I doubt that since your mind has been polluted beyond redemption.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Orders Reintroduction Of History Into School Curriculum by blaise26abj(m): 11:23am On Aug 14, 2022
Gourdoinc:
Good. Teach the history of the Nigerian civil war. It will help those deluded yoruba and northerners to understand what happened in Nigerian history and how badly they have behaved ever since.

Would help to stop the unwarranted bias, hatred and marginalisation of ndi igbo and minorities.

The war of guns ended in 1970, yet they continue to wage civil wars of hate, marginalisation, humiliation, threats and wickedness against the igbos and minority tribes in Nigeria.

No . I disagree . The igbos are not together as a people with a collective push for common agenda . They have displayed more hate than any tribe in nigeria . Just because of a bias old man’s book there was a country , yorubas were maligned and constantly attacked verbally . Imagine all the vitriol that came out of the mouth of MNK about the yorubas . If we hated you , we won’t be living in harmony with you . Giving you appointments in Yoruba states , you own properties in the west . You do businesses in the west without the businesses attacked . Yet you guys think we hate you ? Igbos hate themselves and think other tribes hate them .

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Orders Reintroduction Of History Into School Curriculum by Gourdoinc(m): 11:24am On Aug 14, 2022
MrBlock:

The 2 names I omitted are Major Adewale Ademoyega and Major Timothy Onwuatuegwu. They later joined in the plot but we're not the original consipators.

I'm not sure what you mean by "first victim". A large number of high ranking civilian and military personnel were killed majority of whom were Hausa and Yoruba.

After the coup, General Johnson Aguiyi-Ironsi took over power as the Head of State.
wrong. chukwuma and his gang were the front for the enablers of the coup. I can give you the entire names, but that will cause you to not sleep well.

There was a first victim, in every war, someone first dies, someone died first, who was he. What tribe was he, would he have died if it was a coup for igbo agenda ? The Times were different my bro, nationalist views had more weight than the tribal views held today. Alot of people were zikists, awolowo and ahmadu were tribal, if ahmadu had to go, why didn't awo also go. Use to tongue to count your teeth.
Re: Lagos Orders Reintroduction Of History Into School Curriculum by EponOjuku: 11:25am On Aug 14, 2022
Gourdoinc:
Lol. Go and read the book by the yoruba Coup plotter. Your mother wasn't born during the war, so I advise you to read the book at least it tells some truths.

The coup plotters were not tried for a simple reason. Read that book and learn why. It was not an igbo coup. When you try the coup plotters, you will try their enablers whose names aren't mentioned here. The Nigeria you know today would not have existed if that was done. Ironsi knew that, the north fumed at that because it implicates people I won't mention here. Go and read sir. Or attend the classes.

It is a book written by a coup plotter that tells you your history. No wonder if I gather your father, your mother and 6 of your type and ask you all where you originated from, you will give 6 different answers. You lot have a natural disability of understanding history.

I asked very simple and direct questions but you are referring to a book.

Why did the coup plotters not kill a single Igbo man in their coup?
Why did Ironsi protect the coup plotters by moving them to Owerri?
Why did Ironsi introduce the Unification decree which favoured the Igbos?

The coup plotters soared Azikiwe and hid Nwafor Orizu but you are here defending rubbish. Thank God history studies have been restored.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Orders Reintroduction Of History Into School Curriculum by Gourdoinc(m): 11:28am On Aug 14, 2022
blaise26abj:

No . I disagree . The igbos are not together as a people with a collective push for common agenda . They have displayed more hate than any tribe in nigeria . Just because of a bias old man’s book there was a country , yorubas were maligned and constantly attacked verbally . Imagine all the vitriol that came out of the mouth of MNK about the yorubas . If we hated you , we won’t be living in harmony with you . Giving you appointments in Yoruba states , you own properties in the west . You do businesses in the west without the businesses attacked . Yet you guys think we hate you ? Igbos hate themselves and think other tribes hate them .
if the yoruba faced the issues the igbos faced during the war and post war, they will be worse than the igbos. The war against the igbos has not ended by the Nigerian state and the tribes (yoruba and igbo). Staying in yoruba land isn't much, we are everywhere in the world, even in sambisa forest ( go and confirm, I already did). Yorubas are in igbo villages today and ironically they speak igbo today, something we didn't think possible.

It doesn't change the narrative that a war is still being waged on an igbo man. It is unfair , it should stop and we should move forward as a nation. It is that same war being waged that fuels the agitation by the ill advised IPOB of today.

The war should end. It is your generation that can end the war.
Re: Lagos Orders Reintroduction Of History Into School Curriculum by EponOjuku: 11:28am On Aug 14, 2022
realestate99:

the civil war has ended but igbos are still looking for vengeance consciously or unconsciously, that is why millennials like you are fed with hate and anguish everyday.

This brother has hit the hammer on the scrotum. Table wey we dey manage he don break am.

You are 1,000% right.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Orders Reintroduction Of History Into School Curriculum by Nobody: 11:30am On Aug 14, 2022
aribisala0:
What was Obasanjo in 2009? Do you have evidence for this claim
What power did he use to do this? Many of you talk foolishly

History has been a JAMB subject from day one. That has never stopped. Same with WAEC and NECO

The past questions are all over the internet
It was my bad, it was yaradua in 2009. but you don't need to sound foolish too by not correcting me accurately. FYI, history is not being thought in lagos schools. Mr know it all.
Google is your helper.
Re: Lagos Orders Reintroduction Of History Into School Curriculum by gbemishile: 11:30am On Aug 14, 2022
Gourdoinc:
Good. Teach the history of the Nigerian civil war. It will help those deluded yoruba and northerners to understand what happened in Nigerian history and how badly they have behaved ever since.

Would help to stop the unwarranted bias, hatred and marginalisation of ndi igbo and minorities.

The war of guns ended in 1970, yet they continue to wage civil wars of hate, marginalisation, humiliation, threats and wickedness against the igbos and minority tribes in Nigeria.
The history should also include the beginning when a young deluded kaduna nzeogu killed most of the nigerian leaders in the country,with tge ugbos becoming the first tribe to spill the blood staining the nigerian flag

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Orders Reintroduction Of History Into School Curriculum by Gourdoinc(m): 11:31am On Aug 14, 2022
EponOjuku:

It is a book written by a coup plotter that tells you your history. No wonder if I gather your father, your mother and 6 of your type and ask you all where you originated from, you will give 6 different answers. You lot have a natural disability of understanding history.

I asked very simple and direct questions but you are referring to a book.

Why did the coup plotters not kill a single Igbo man in their coup?
Why did Ironsi protect the coup plotters by moving them to Owerri?
Why did Ironsi introduce the Unification decree which favoured the Igbos?

The coup plotters soared Azikiwe and hid Nwafor Orizu but you are here defending rubbish. Thank God history studies have been restored.
I will not explain that publicly. As for the bolded, it shows you are a neonate on this matter. Maybe on a dead thread will I discuss this with names and timelines.

The civil war is a dead issue, however the lessons from it haven't been learned , that's why it still rages on today. Soon it will consume us all.
Re: Lagos Orders Reintroduction Of History Into School Curriculum by aribisala0(m): 11:31am On Aug 14, 2022
priceactionx:

It was my bad, it was yaradua in 2009. but you don't need to sound foolish too by not correcting me accurately. FYI, history is not being thought in lagos schools. Mr know it all.
Google is your helper.
You made a claim. Do you have evidence for it? Not being taught is a very different issue from removal from curriculum . If the President removed in 2009 has Buhari put it back? What power then is Lagos state using to override Yaradua?
If there are no teachers then it won't be taught. That does not mean it was REMOVED from the curriculum
French is on the Curriculum Just like Igbo does that mean Igbo is being taught in Zamfara state schools?

It is a JAMB subject, a WAEC and NECO subject .If you use Google you will find decades of Past Questions online

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Orders Reintroduction Of History Into School Curriculum by gbemishile: 11:32am On Aug 14, 2022
MyExpression:
Wetin make una comot am before?

Una bin dey hide the Biafran war?!

Some of this generation don't even know that- Nigeria have had real internal war that lasted up to 3yrs.

They can't learn from it and rebuild.

Now the history of Hate is repeating itself...and you're now ready to teach us that we've been through that path before...let's not go there again.

Imagine if we had truly reconciled these past years, we would have been relating with each other in love and acceptance, instead of this hate and division.
We start from the delusional kaduna nzeogu

1 Like

Re: Lagos Orders Reintroduction Of History Into School Curriculum by Christistruth00: 11:33am On Aug 14, 2022
MrBlock:

Maybe you also need to a refresher course on the people that executed the Jan 15, 1966 coup, there you would find your answer as to why the Northerners are so weary of the Igbos and how the Yoruba's have always stayed neutral.

The police intelligence unit had already informed Gen ironsi of the planned bloody Coup and

Correctly named the Coup Plotters well before It took place ( like 2 Weeks before the Coup ) but

Gen ironsi apparently deliberately failed to take any action

The police had told Gen ironsi that Ifeajuna, Nzeogwu ,Tim Onwategbu and others were plotting a bloody Coup and the police asked Gen ironsi to arrest them

It was ironsi that failed arrest the Plotters or to do anything about the intelligence Report the police gave him

That was why the Coup went ahead

Even the British intelligence knew about the Coup before it happened that was why the British High Commission had asked prime Minister Balewa to spend the night of 15 January 1966 at the British Embassy for his own safety they had even Prepared a room for him to sleep in

There were British Police Officers in the Police Special Branch and they with the Local Policemen had done an excellent job of detecting the planned Coup before it happened

Not only did Ironsi fail to arrest the Coup plotters before they carried out the Coup but the British Special Branch Police Officers were sent packing after Ironsi took Power

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Orders Reintroduction Of History Into School Curriculum by Gourdoinc(m): 11:33am On Aug 14, 2022
gbemishile:

The history should also include the beginning when a young deluded kaduna nzeogu killed most of the nigerian leaders in the country,with tge ugbos becoming the first tribe to spill the blood staining the nigerian flag
true. Facts at deluded. But who made him deluded, its a well kept secret of the Nigerian state. Plus chukwuma nzeogwu isn't igbo , wasn't born in igbo land, doesn't even speak igbo fluently in relation to his fluency in the languagse of his state of birth and nurture. His name is kaduna. He was a fine soldier. History would have been different if he had handled the killing of nwafor orizu and not that of ahmadu bello. Fools botched it and today we suffer for a nationalistic coup termed the igbo coup.

Or maybe they should not have had the coup. All in all, why has the war continued after 1970
Re: Lagos Orders Reintroduction Of History Into School Curriculum by Gourdoinc(m): 11:36am On Aug 14, 2022
realestate99:

You see, I have made you changed your stance twice, shows you are a shallow soul, the civil war has ended but igbos are still looking for vengeance consciously or unconsciously, that is why millennials like you are fed with hate and anguish everyday.

The only good thing you can do for your kids is to raise them with an open mind but I doubt that since your mind has been polluted beyond redemption.
only God knows what you are now on about. Maybe you didn't comprehend what you said. Well that's no fault of mine sir. If I take ten years from.my age, I was still your senior in school.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Orders Reintroduction Of History Into School Curriculum by ransomed: 11:37am On Aug 14, 2022
Gourdoinc:
check the biafran war. It was fought on two sides. Against the Nigerian forces and against fellow igbos (saboteurs). It is the weakness of the igbo man. Everyone has their weaknesses. Yoruba people loathe ijebu men, even though they are yorubas. Its an inner quirk everyone has in their tribe, that is internal matter. That doesn't imply that the Nigerian state should continue the civil war against the igbos many years after it is presumed to have ended. It is callous, it is wicked and marginalising.

Another fable from hearsay, that Yorubas hate Ijebus. Where are you getting all these women gossips from?
The OSU mythology in ibo land should be your basis and your responses so far portray that you belong to same school of thought.
Deluge your mind with peaceful living by making peace with all. Let ndigbos be serious and have a voice instead of discriminating Anambra people, ebonyi, Enugu etc .
Let it ndigbos selling themselves to political money bags,

1 Like

Re: Lagos Orders Reintroduction Of History Into School Curriculum by Gourdoinc(m): 11:38am On Aug 14, 2022
sofiscatedmoron:

Nobody hates u , self hate hurts
it would soon be your turn. Don't cry then. It's coming .
Re: Lagos Orders Reintroduction Of History Into School Curriculum by gbemishile: 11:40am On Aug 14, 2022
Gourdoinc:
true. Facts at deluded. But who made him deluded, its a well kept secret of the Nigerian state. Plus chukwuma nzeogwu isn't igbo , wasn't born in igbo land, doesn't even speak igbo fluently in relation to his fluency in the languagse of his state of birth and nurture. His name is kaduna. He was a fine soldier. History would have been different if he had handled the killing of nwafor orizu and not that of ahmadu bello. Fools botched it and today we suffer for a nationalistic coup termed the igbo coup.

Or maybe they should not have had the coup. All in all, why has the war continued after 1970
Ooh.
Someone born of igbo parents isnt igbo,because he was born in the north abi?
You killed the northerners and even said it to their face.
Why do u think when they came into government,they tried to occupy all major government arms innthe country-millitary,airforce,police etc.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Orders Reintroduction Of History Into School Curriculum by Gourdoinc(m): 11:41am On Aug 14, 2022
ransomed:

Another fable from hearsay, that Yorubas hate Ijebus. Where are you getting all these women gossips from?
The OSU mythology in ibo land should be your basis and your responses so far portray that you belong to same school of thought.
Deluge your mind with peaceful living by making peace with all. Let ndigbos be serious and have a voice instead of discriminating Anambra people, ebonyi, Enugu etc .
Let it ndigbos selling themselves to political money bags,
hmmm. Women gossips. Lol.

Well since you are on OSU. Its been abolished. Don't indulge in women gossip sir.

We are peaceful with all, we live everywhere, it is people like you who say ( igbo man should leave lagos to his poto poto region when election time draws near, yet his taxes to the state are good enough). Who will need help with changing the narrative of hate.

The history lessons will help alot in that domain at least for your children.
Re: Lagos Orders Reintroduction Of History Into School Curriculum by EponOjuku: 11:43am On Aug 14, 2022
Gourdoinc:
I will not explain that publicly. As for the bolded, it shows you are a neonate on this matter. Maybe on a dead thread will I discuss this with names and timelines.

The civil war is a dead issue, however the lessons from it haven't been learned , that's why it still rages on today. Soon it will consume us all.

You are only deceiving yourself, talking ignorantly with confidence as if you were the organising secretary of the coup plotters.

Simple question I asked, you've not been able to answer. Maybe they were not written in your coup plotter's book and you have nowhere to read the answers.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Orders Reintroduction Of History Into School Curriculum by EponOjuku: 11:44am On Aug 14, 2022
gbemishile:

Ooh.
Why do u think when they came into government,they tried to occupy all major government arms innthe country-millitary,airforce,police etc.

That guy is very unintelligent.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Orders Reintroduction Of History Into School Curriculum by EponOjuku: 11:45am On Aug 14, 2022
Gourdoinc:
only God knows what you are now on about. Maybe you didn't comprehend what you said. Well that's no fault of mine sir. If I take ten years from.my age, I was still your senior in school.

The age of Methuselah has nothing to do with the wisdom of Solomon. Fools also grow old

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Orders Reintroduction Of History Into School Curriculum by Gourdoinc(m): 11:47am On Aug 14, 2022
gbemishile:

Ooh.
that's it. When a nigerian is born in America and he does a mass shooting. When the news says "a Nigerian involved in mass shooting" you get annoyed and say he should be called American.

Now it is igbo, you remember the village of his mother. You see what I am saying

Now with respect to the northerners, do I blame them? Nope. The coup made them lose someone of importance to them. One man named ahmadu bello ( their anger till today). They butchered hundreds of thousands of igbos in retaliation and were principal in a three year long fought war.

Now isn't that enough ? When a war is ended with no victim , no vanquished. Should that not end the war ?.

Why the continuous systematic attack on the igbo person. Why are issues of over 50 years ago still at play in today' s Nigeria.

Does it surprise anyone that some igbos are reverting back to the feelings that created biafra in the first instance? Why has the war not ended.

A genocide against a people , wanton destruction, no repair efforts, yet they survive. Why is the war still raging today against the igbo.
Re: Lagos Orders Reintroduction Of History Into School Curriculum by ola9ja(m): 11:49am On Aug 14, 2022
You equally need to understand the history of who plotted the first coup d'etat and the reason why it was plotted and to know who the betrayals really are.

Gourdoinc:

Re: Lagos Orders Reintroduction Of History Into School Curriculum by Gourdoinc(m): 11:50am On Aug 14, 2022
EponOjuku:

The age of Methuselah has nothing to do with the wisdom of Solomon. Fools also grow old
true. The bolded explains why you suddenly suffered mental dissonance. Not my fault. Read it again. But very slowly. I understand
Re: Lagos Orders Reintroduction Of History Into School Curriculum by Gourdoinc(m): 11:51am On Aug 14, 2022
ola9ja:
You equally need to understand the history of who plotted the first coup d'etat and the reason why it was plotted and to know who the betrayals really are.

everyone needs the education. Maybe after that my post will still ring true. Why are you still fighting civil war against the igbo man over issues of 50 years ago.

We have both spilled lots of blood for it. So what else is needed to end the war against the igbo man.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Mmesoma: I Support Sanctions Imposed By JAMB – Ezekwesili / Sylvester Oromoni: Lagos Government Clears 5 Dowen College Students, Staff / 9 Ways Students Waste Money, Possible Solutions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.