Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,623 members, 7,813,050 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:44 AM

My Super Easy Homemade Chicken Suya With Step By Step Pics. - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / My Super Easy Homemade Chicken Suya With Step By Step Pics. (33886 Views)

See How I Made My Super Delicious Banana Cake. (Pictures) / Bitter Leaf Soup Simplified With Step By Step Pics / Ogbono Soup With Step By Step Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Super Easy Homemade Chicken Suya With Step By Step Pics. by mariahAngel(f): 2:41pm On Aug 15, 2022
Hello!

Today, I'm going to show you all how to make chicken suya in the comfort of your home, with step by step pictures.
As delicious as chicken suya is, it is quite easy to make.
In fact, it is so easy, anybody can make them. That's right!
So, let's go.

The ingredients you're going to need are:

- Chicken (preferably thighs)
- Suya spice mix (yaji)
- Seasoning cubes.
- Salt (to taste)
- Vegetable oil.

The making of this chicken suya is divided into two simple stages, which are:

- The marinating stage.
- The roasting stage.

29 Likes 11 Shares

Re: My Super Easy Homemade Chicken Suya With Step By Step Pics. by mariahAngel(f): 2:42pm On Aug 15, 2022
Stage 1: Marinating.

Step 1} Wash your chicken and set aside to drain.

Step 2} Mix your suya spice, seasoning, and salt in a plate.

Step 3} Add your spice mix to your cleaned, drained and scored chicken and rub all over generously.
Cover (with cling film) and leave in the fridge to marinate for between 2-24 hrs.

Note: Keep some of the spice mix for later use.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Super Easy Homemade Chicken Suya With Step By Step Pics. by mariahAngel(f): 2:43pm On Aug 15, 2022
Stage 2: Roasting.

Step 4} Add some oil to your remaining spice mix, mix and glaze all sides of your already marinated chicken with the oil-spice mixture.

Step 5} Arrange your chicken on your (already oiled) oven rack.
Make sure the oven tray is beneath the rack to catch the drippings.
You don't want to make a mess.
You can also line your oven tray with aluminium foil.

Step 6} Heat up your oven, when the oven is heated up, place your chicken inside and let it roast at 200-250 degrees Celsius for 20-25 mins.
After that, you bring out the chicken, turn over and allow to roast for another 20-25 mins.
How dry you want it will determine how long you let it roast.

After that, your delicious chicken suya is ready to be devoured.

You can also roast your chicken on an electric grill or a charcoal pot.

15 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Super Easy Homemade Chicken Suya With Step By Step Pics. by Cholls(m): 2:52pm On Aug 15, 2022
My sister if incase you need haiya killer let me know

154 Likes 13 Shares

Re: My Super Easy Homemade Chicken Suya With Step By Step Pics. by mariahAngel(f): 3:03pm On Aug 15, 2022
Cholls:

AbegO! grin

16 Likes

Re: My Super Easy Homemade Chicken Suya With Step By Step Pics. by mariahAngel(f): 3:57pm On Aug 15, 2022
Seun, who moderates food section, since lalasticlala no longer seems to be active?
Who do we mention?

Mvena, come chop chicken suya.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Super Easy Homemade Chicken Suya With Step By Step Pics. by gloryhomemaker(f): 4:23pm On Aug 15, 2022
MariahAngel, I was on my own now and you are showing me this Chicken suya pictures. grin

Am salivating here and imagining the taste.

Easy and simple step by step guide.

Thank you for sharing.

17 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Super Easy Homemade Chicken Suya With Step By Step Pics. by Mvena(f): 4:32pm On Aug 15, 2022
mariahAngel:
Seun, who moderates food section, since lalasticlala no longer seems to be active?
Who do we mention?

Mvena, come chop chicken suya.
Eii this one wey hunger dey nai you dey show me this chicken

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Super Easy Homemade Chicken Suya With Step By Step Pics. by mariahAngel(f): 4:39pm On Aug 15, 2022
gloryhomemaker:
MariahAngel, I was on my own now and you are showing me this Chicken suya pictures. grin

Am salivating here and imagining the taste.

Easy and simple step by step guide.

Thank you for sharing.

Nne, run it naa. cheesy

You're welcome.

3 Likes

Re: My Super Easy Homemade Chicken Suya With Step By Step Pics. by mariahAngel(f): 4:42pm On Aug 15, 2022
Mvena:

Eii this one wey hunger dey nai you dey show me this chicken

Mvena, join me chow. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: My Super Easy Homemade Chicken Suya With Step By Step Pics. by gloryhomemaker(f): 4:48pm On Aug 15, 2022
mariahAngel:

Nne, run it naa. cheesy

You're welcome.

Sure thing.

2 Likes

Re: My Super Easy Homemade Chicken Suya With Step By Step Pics. by debbydams(f): 5:14pm On Aug 15, 2022
mariahAngel:

what if u prepare and roast thesame day

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Super Easy Homemade Chicken Suya With Step By Step Pics. by mariahAngel(f): 5:33pm On Aug 15, 2022
debbydams:
what if u prepare and roast thesame day

Yes, you can, but you'd have to let it marinate for at least 2hrs or more, so that the chicken can absorb as much flavour as possible.
So, ensure to prepare ahead of time.

Do you know why suya are mostly sold in the evening? It is because they're left to marinate in the daytime. cheesy

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Super Easy Homemade Chicken Suya With Step By Step Pics. by Chopchopfine: 6:07pm On Aug 15, 2022
This is nice.. once I get an oven, I'm recreating this. Oven come oh

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Super Easy Homemade Chicken Suya With Step By Step Pics. by mariahAngel(f): 6:27pm On Aug 15, 2022
Chopchopfine:
This is nice..

once I get an oven, I'm recreating this. Oven come oh

Thank you. smiley

You can still do it on a charcoal grill (coal pot).
Oven sef na improvisation.

4 Likes

Re: My Super Easy Homemade Chicken Suya With Step By Step Pics. by debbydams(f): 6:46pm On Aug 15, 2022
mariahAngel:

Yes, you can, but you'd have to let it marinate for at least 2hrs or more, so that the chicken can absorb as much flavour as possible.
So, ensure to prepare ahead of time.

Do you know why suya are mostly sold in the evening? It is because they're left to marinate in the daytime. cheesy
I grab..thanks ma'am

2 Likes

Re: My Super Easy Homemade Chicken Suya With Step By Step Pics. by Munzy14(m): 6:49pm On Aug 15, 2022
mariahAngel:

Wetin person go use wash down this one na...Alcohol abii malt (church way) grin

In chemistry we call this step wise series of the reactions..Before one arrives at that inviting chicken.

The problem now, will be acess to yaji...Ihe ma o wu tawa roasted chicken every 3days cheesy

3 Likes

Re: My Super Easy Homemade Chicken Suya With Step By Step Pics. by Munzy14(m): 7:02pm On Aug 15, 2022
Cholls:
grin grin grin

You guys are crazy with memes here..

16 Likes

Re: My Super Easy Homemade Chicken Suya With Step By Step Pics. by Munzy14(m): 7:04pm On Aug 15, 2022
mariahAngel:
Stage 1: Marinating.

Which seasoning did u made use of for this?

2 Likes

Re: My Super Easy Homemade Chicken Suya With Step By Step Pics. by mariahAngel(f): 7:38pm On Aug 15, 2022
Munzy14:

Wetin person go use wash down this one na...Alcohol abii malt (church way) grin
In chemistry we call this step wise series of the reactions..Before one arrives at that inviting chicken.

The problem now, will be acess to yaji...Ihe ma o wu tawa roasted chicken every 3days cheesy

You can wash it down with any drink of your choice. cheesy

Do you have a favourite aboki you buy suya from? You can ask him.
Or you can buy from ShopRite.

Munzy14:

Which seasoning did u made use of for this?

Knorr chicken.

1 Like

Re: My Super Easy Homemade Chicken Suya With Step By Step Pics. by Mvena(f): 7:46pm On Aug 15, 2022
mariahAngel:

Mvena, join me chow. cheesy
Will gladly join oo

3 Likes

Re: My Super Easy Homemade Chicken Suya With Step By Step Pics. by Chopchopfine: 8:04pm On Aug 15, 2022
Hmmm i will try it out.
mariahAngel:

Thank you. smiley

You can still do it on a charcoal grill (coal pot).
Oven sef na improvisation.

2 Likes

Re: My Super Easy Homemade Chicken Suya With Step By Step Pics. by Fabulouslouie(m): 8:40pm On Aug 15, 2022
Mvena:

Will gladly join oo

I carry spoon too

3 Likes

Re: My Super Easy Homemade Chicken Suya With Step By Step Pics. by Munzy14(m): 8:51pm On Aug 15, 2022
mariahAngel:

You can wash it down with any drink of your choice. cheesy

Do you have a favourite aboki you buy suya from? You can ask him.
Or you can buy from ShopRite.

Knorr chicken.
Oooh!!!

Yes I have...But I can't trust that guy..Always capping ukwu na ara talks.. grin Biko I will check at Everyday or savemore.

Gi na Knorr..Ha mee nye gi endorsement na.

2 Likes

Re: My Super Easy Homemade Chicken Suya With Step By Step Pics. by mariahAngel(f): 9:13pm On Aug 15, 2022
Munzy14:

Oooh!!!

Yes I have...But I can't trust that guy..Always capping ukwu na ara talks.. grin Biko I will check at Everyday or savemore.

Gi na Knorr..Ha mee nye gi endorsement na.

See the brand some food bloggers use.

As for endorsement, make I start first naa. cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Super Easy Homemade Chicken Suya With Step By Step Pics. by mariahAngel(f): 9:15pm On Aug 15, 2022
Fabulouslouie:

I carry spoon too

Carry spoon do wetin? Wash your hands and chop the chicken abeg. grin

2 Likes

Re: My Super Easy Homemade Chicken Suya With Step By Step Pics. by Fabulouslouie(m): 11:57pm On Aug 15, 2022
mariahAngel:

Carry spoon do wetin? Wash your hands and chop the chicken abeg. grin

. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: My Super Easy Homemade Chicken Suya With Step By Step Pics. by Munzy14(m): 6:06am On Aug 16, 2022
mariahAngel:

See the brand some food bloggers use.

As for endorsement, make I start first naa. cheesy
Okay.

2 Likes

Re: My Super Easy Homemade Chicken Suya With Step By Step Pics. by Sancheez4(m): 11:06am On Aug 16, 2022
make them try do roasted snake receipt nah
Re: My Super Easy Homemade Chicken Suya With Step By Step Pics. by forerunner022(m): 11:11am On Aug 16, 2022
Nice one. will try my hands on it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Super Easy Homemade Chicken Suya With Step By Step Pics. by shantti(m): 11:12am On Aug 16, 2022
I want to recreate this but with owl, chicken don cost

2 Likes

Re: My Super Easy Homemade Chicken Suya With Step By Step Pics. by NoToPile: 11:13am On Aug 16, 2022
Nawa ooo, will try this sometimes

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The 11 Pieces Of Ripe Plantains I Bought #500 / New Business Niche: Supply Of 25 Kg Bags Of Powdered Milk In Nigeria / Lady Shocked After Discovering "Puff-Puff' Inside An Egg Roll In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.