Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,189 members, 7,829,260 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:58 PM

Tesla Car With Hilarious Number Plate In Lagos TRENDING, IVM JOINED - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Tesla Car With Hilarious Number Plate In Lagos TRENDING, IVM JOINED (61715 Views)

Tesla Car Spotted On The Mainland Bridge In Lagos Runs Out Of Battery / Woman Drives Her N34m Tesla Car, Says 'I'm Cruising In My Machine' / Pastor Igwe Erick Nwankwo's Car Number Plate Goes Viral (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tesla Car With Hilarious Number Plate In Lagos TRENDING, IVM JOINED by Olayetan(m): 3:56pm On Aug 18, 2022
Esseite:
Its still deregulated diesel that would power the generator to charge it or increased electricity tariff to power the charge station..... there is no running from bills, its eternal.. moreover just a battery change of $20,000/200,000miles (N14.2m) is no joke..

You don't need to complete change the battery frame if a single or more cell is bad, just get the bad cell replaced and continue using your EV...
Re: Tesla Car With Hilarious Number Plate In Lagos TRENDING, IVM JOINED by Ayilara1(m): 4:00pm On Aug 18, 2022
Codedlyon:
We can also get there. Make money online everyday $300 per day https://ji-task.top/81036204855205

Have you been paid?
Re: Tesla Car With Hilarious Number Plate In Lagos TRENDING, IVM JOINED by yusluvad(m): 4:09pm On Aug 18, 2022
Emola12:
God is looking at u bro
They're all same boss, no difference. Even Peter Obi can't revive this dead economy in 8 years.

There might just be little difference to the present government(not sure), Buhari's administration is the worst to ever happen to Nigeria and Nigerians...
Re: Tesla Car With Hilarious Number Plate In Lagos TRENDING, IVM JOINED by jaxxy(m): 4:10pm On Aug 18, 2022
Esseite:
Its still deregulated diesel that would power the generator to charge it or increased electricity tariff to power the charge station..... there is no running from bills, its eternal.. moreover just a battery change of $20,000/200,000miles (N14.2m) is no joke..

He can go to a hotel and use their charging point our power outlet.
Re: Tesla Car With Hilarious Number Plate In Lagos TRENDING, IVM JOINED by nyiamfrank: 4:11pm On Aug 18, 2022
emmanuelbrown26:
It's all good baby, so far d car no get image like below, I'm good to go and like it
The electrician will make more moneeeey!
Re: Tesla Car With Hilarious Number Plate In Lagos TRENDING, IVM JOINED by Allisgud: 4:19pm On Aug 18, 2022
Nigeria should adoubt this Tesla car the way way Netherland did
Re: Tesla Car With Hilarious Number Plate In Lagos TRENDING, IVM JOINED by shiki(m): 4:20pm On Aug 18, 2022
Obagreatdatoye:
Photoshop.. things
. It’s not photoshop my brother, I even saw the car yesterday in VI a driven by a lady. But the surprising part of it is, How this becomes news? shocked shocked shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tesla Car With Hilarious Number Plate In Lagos TRENDING, IVM JOINED by bigbootycasanov: 4:27pm On Aug 18, 2022
jeromestarks:
What does this even mean?
Lol
Re: Tesla Car With Hilarious Number Plate In Lagos TRENDING, IVM JOINED by Nobody: 4:28pm On Aug 18, 2022
Karleb:
So many misinformation on this thread.

Tesla batteries can last upto 35 years and they go up to 430 km on a full charge. That's like going round a football pitch 1000 times.
Hearsay
Re: Tesla Car With Hilarious Number Plate In Lagos TRENDING, IVM JOINED by mygee2(m): 4:28pm On Aug 18, 2022
ihatebuhari:
you're a clownnn I believe in your entire life you've never cross Nigeria borders.

Do you live in western world? Come to LA and see almost everyone uses ev cars

Ode

You hate Jews and Christians for nothing, till the end of your miserable lifeee Islam will never come near Christianity in knowledge and power
your moniker describes you are a creature of hate
Re: Tesla Car With Hilarious Number Plate In Lagos TRENDING, IVM JOINED by Nobody: 4:34pm On Aug 18, 2022
quentin06:
When you no see steady light to charge am you go know how far.

You dont just use any type of electricity to charge these vehicles, certainly I better pass my neigbor wont fly. It takes up to atleast 8 hrs to fully charge.
Nigeria and USA uses different power voltage ratings.Usa uses 120v while Nigeria uses 220v.Tesla cars don't have Nigerian voltage rating because the manufacturer doesn't produce cars for Nigerian environment.It is wealthy Nigerians that buy and import it into the country.Definitely, Nigeria voltage rating will shorten the lifespan or destroy the battery completely.
Re: Tesla Car With Hilarious Number Plate In Lagos TRENDING, IVM JOINED by atheistandproud(m): 4:49pm On Aug 18, 2022
Draslo:

Bro see how you roast person like Southern American bbq. What are ICE cars? I'm seeing for the first time in this thread

Internal Combustion Engine
Re: Tesla Car With Hilarious Number Plate In Lagos TRENDING, IVM JOINED by atheistandproud(m): 4:51pm On Aug 18, 2022
Revolution2022:
Nigeria and USA uses different power voltage ratings.Usa uses 120v while Nigeria uses 220v.Tesla cars don't have Nigerian voltage rating because the manufacturer doesn't produce cars for Nigerian environment.It is wealthy Nigerians that buy and import it into the country.Definitely, Nigeria voltage rating will shorten the lifespan or destroy the battery completely.

A step down using a voltage regulator should handle that.
Re: Tesla Car With Hilarious Number Plate In Lagos TRENDING, IVM JOINED by Nobody: 5:01pm On Aug 18, 2022
jaxxy:

cool cool... i dont think you can charge from any socket outlet, it needs a particular voltage output.
Re: Tesla Car With Hilarious Number Plate In Lagos TRENDING, IVM JOINED by jaxxy(m): 5:17pm On Aug 18, 2022
Esseite:

cool cool... i dont think you can charge from any socket outlet, it needs a particular voltage output.

it can and should have a converter so u can plug it anywhere. I heard smtn like that.
Re: Tesla Car With Hilarious Number Plate In Lagos TRENDING, IVM JOINED by Reference(m): 5:33pm On Aug 18, 2022
Esseite:

Not correct.
Actual estimates is double that, and at 400,000 miles the other components of the car are practically dead.
And at 200,000 miles most ICE engines will be due for an overhaul anyway.

There is no efficiency in the world that will degrade a battery and electric motor faster than an internal combustion engine with a lot more moving parts, even those with the latest start/stop tech. Combustion is simply a degradative action by nature.

2 Likes

Re: Tesla Car With Hilarious Number Plate In Lagos TRENDING, IVM JOINED by Kobicove(m): 5:35pm On Aug 18, 2022
Faithful007:
Tesla batteries can last close to 20 years with normal average driving times a day.

Who told you this lie?!
Re: Tesla Car With Hilarious Number Plate In Lagos TRENDING, IVM JOINED by phemmyfour: 5:41pm On Aug 18, 2022
When rain start, let's see how deep she can swim

1 Like

Re: Tesla Car With Hilarious Number Plate In Lagos TRENDING, IVM JOINED by Nobody: 5:42pm On Aug 18, 2022
atheistandproud:

A step down using a voltage regulator should handle that.
No be anyhow stepdown O.Na so una dey take damage una motor.
Re: Tesla Car With Hilarious Number Plate In Lagos TRENDING, IVM JOINED by Nobody: 5:43pm On Aug 18, 2022
jaxxy:

Na free?
Re: Tesla Car With Hilarious Number Plate In Lagos TRENDING, IVM JOINED by Qwi1: 5:44pm On Aug 18, 2022
grin
Re: Tesla Car With Hilarious Number Plate In Lagos TRENDING, IVM JOINED by ceaser: 5:46pm On Aug 18, 2022
Draslo:

Bro see how you roast person like Southern American bbq. What are ICE cars? I'm seeing for the first time in this thread

ICEs - Internal Combustion Engine cars (petrol and diesel cars)

BEVs - Battery Electric Vehicles (BYD, Teslas etc etc)

phemmyfour:
When rain start, let's see how deep she can swim

They actually surprisingly do well in floods. Online videos abound showing evidence of this.

The problem though l, which isn't actually a problem elsewhere outside Nigeria, is software updates. These BEVs have softwares installed in them which they need for their optimal functioning. They may soon ask for tokens to have updates to your vehicle to unlock some very special features.

Soon you go see computer Village guys selling pirated softwares of Tesla model Y. Guys'll be like "I wanna take my tesla to computer village for a software upgrade"
Re: Tesla Car With Hilarious Number Plate In Lagos TRENDING, IVM JOINED by tosaino95(m): 5:51pm On Aug 18, 2022
What an wondering about is if it can last 1 month on Naija Road undecided
Re: Tesla Car With Hilarious Number Plate In Lagos TRENDING, IVM JOINED by BRATISLAVA: 5:55pm On Aug 18, 2022
Esseite:

Do you think a person who buys a Tesla does all these calculations you're generously doing?
Re: Tesla Car With Hilarious Number Plate In Lagos TRENDING, IVM JOINED by FireUpNow(m): 5:59pm On Aug 18, 2022
Ok
Re: Tesla Car With Hilarious Number Plate In Lagos TRENDING, IVM JOINED by FORWARDEVERLY: 6:13pm On Aug 18, 2022
NuclearWinter:

If you truly reside in LA you will know LA and California have the highest energy costs.

You will also know that LA is plagued by blackouts during peak demand as their woke environmental clean energy sources can't cope with supply.

Charging an EV with a regular 120v from home will add additional $2500 a month in electric bills. Doing it at an EV charging station to full capacity is equivalent to filling an ICE car full and knowing that the range is even limited compared to ICE cars, it is far more expensive to charge an EVs .

Now consider the cost of an average Tesla that ranges above $100,000 , car repayments on that figure, insurance and what not plus the fact that these EV batteries have a limited optimum performance that goes down hill after 5ys, then this is a car meant only for $25 Starbuck cappachino sipping virtual signaling quadrupled vaxxed DemonRat leftist useful idiots.

You illegal sanctuary alien telling me about US?

Or do you want to deny why you are in that leftist shithole if not for sanctuary laws granted by the DemonRat governor?

Come to Texas or Florida and get your illegal OSU ass deported.

Guy. I am a Christian and IGBO man.. but Kai.. shame catch me.. you finish that guy with facts and we'll packaged insults too..
I give it to you..
I never expected that epic reply and ClapBack from you..
Re: Tesla Car With Hilarious Number Plate In Lagos TRENDING, IVM JOINED by Nobody: 6:41pm On Aug 18, 2022
BRATISLAVA:

Do you think a person who buys a Tesla does all these calculations you're generously doing?

True... no doubt.. was commenting based on the sarcasm of "Fuel lol"..
Re: Tesla Car With Hilarious Number Plate In Lagos TRENDING, IVM JOINED by Nobody: 6:42pm On Aug 18, 2022
Reference:

Not correct.
Actual estimates is double that, and at 400,000 miles the other components of the car are practically dead.
And at 200,000 miles most ICE engines will be due for an overhaul anyway.

There is no efficiency in the world that will degrade a battery and electric motor faster than an internal combustion engine with a lot more moving parts, even those with the latest start/stop tech. Combustion is simply a degradative action by nature.

The 200,000 estimate is actually from tesla itself for a brand new vehicle..
Re: Tesla Car With Hilarious Number Plate In Lagos TRENDING, IVM JOINED by Draslo(m): 6:56pm On Aug 18, 2022
ceaser:

ICEs - Internal Combustion Engine cars (petrol and diesel cars)

BEVs - Battery Electric Vehicles (BYD, Teslas etc etc)

They actually surprisingly do well in floods. Online videos abound showing evidence of this.

The problem though l, which isn't actually a problem elsewhere outside Nigeria, is software updates. These BEVs have softwares installed in them which they need for their optimal functioning. They may soon ask for tokens to have updates to your vehicle to unlock some very special features.

Soon you go see computer Village guys selling pirated softwares of Tesla model Y. Guys'll be like "I wanna take my tesla to computer village for a software upgrade"
Oh you mean regular cars. I thought they had somehow found how to use water ice like the one in Mars for vehicular propulsion when I saw ICE. Nah man. I'm against carbon emissions. Inadvertently, carbon propulsion cannot take us anywhere in the universe if we're to break cosmic barriers in space.
Re: Tesla Car With Hilarious Number Plate In Lagos TRENDING, IVM JOINED by micaluk: 6:59pm On Aug 18, 2022
NuclearWinter:

If you truly reside in LA you will know LA and California have the highest energy costs.

You will also know that LA is plagued by blackouts during peak demand as their woke environmental clean energy sources can't cope with supply.

Charging an EV with a regular 120v from home will add additional $2500 a month in electric bills. Doing it at an EV charging station to full capacity is equivalent to filling an ICE car full and knowing that the range is even limited compared to ICE cars, it is far more expensive to charge an EVs .

Now consider the cost of an average Tesla that ranges above $100,000 , car repayments on that figure, insurance and what not plus the fact that these EV batteries have a limited optimum performance that goes down hill after 5ys, then this is a car meant only for $25 Starbuck cappachino sipping virtual signaling quadrupled vaxxed DemonRat leftist useful idiots.

You illegal sanctuary alien telling me about US?

Or do you want to deny why you are in that leftist shithole if not for sanctuary laws granted by the DemonRat governor?

Come to Texas or Florida and get your illegal OSU ass deported.

Abeg take am easy ooh,for us wey no go school...break this block of codes readable.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

InnosonMotors CEO Drives Foreign SUVs But Wants Us To Buy His Cars / Ghana Has Kantanka Automobile, Nigeria Has Innoson (PHOTOS) / Will You Still Buy This Toyota Corolla Seeing This Done To It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.