Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,500 members, 7,812,543 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:06 PM

Will You Still Buy This Toyota Corolla Seeing This Done To It? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Will You Still Buy This Toyota Corolla Seeing This Done To It? (61769 Views)

Is It Fire Coming From The Exhaust Of This Toyota Or Not? / What Could Be The Problem Of This Toyota Corolla??? / Would You Buy This Joystick & Butt-Shaped Car? (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will You Still Buy This Toyota Corolla Seeing This Done To It? by onlinediva: 9:02am On Sep 03, 2023
A client was interested in this Toyota Corolla and he invited my team at Autos and Cartalk (Limited) to inspect it for him.

On getting to the car, it has about 300,000 miles on its mileage and this has been done to its battery compartment.

Will you still buy it despite all that?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Will You Still Buy This Toyota Corolla Seeing This Done To It? by itsme01: 9:13am On Sep 03, 2023
Are you not in Nigeria?!... Battery theft is so rampant after my first experience, fvcking over 22k for a battery I had to make the fabrication

EOD, Camry, Corrola ... Your battery isn't safe

241 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Will You Still Buy This Toyota Corolla Seeing This Done To It? by fineboynl(m): 9:17am On Sep 03, 2023
Lol. They did a poor job. Crossing iron between both positive and negative terminal. A little accident impacts can set that car in flames 🔥.

321 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Will You Still Buy This Toyota Corolla Seeing This Done To It? by fineboynl(m): 9:24am On Sep 03, 2023
itsme01:
Are you not in Nigeria?!... Battery theft is so rampant after my first experience, fvcking over 22k for a battery I had to make the fabrication

how stealing of this battery even work? How they opened the hood?

They have steal this guy battery before.

8 Likes

Re: Will You Still Buy This Toyota Corolla Seeing This Done To It? by Bankowner: 9:26am On Sep 03, 2023
What has using native sense to secure a battery got to do with hampering the selling and buying of the car?

Did the seller say the contraption is a permanent fixture that cannot be removed by the new owner?

133 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Will You Still Buy This Toyota Corolla Seeing This Done To It? by onlinediva: 9:41am On Sep 03, 2023
fineboynl:
Lol. They did a poor job. Crossing iron between both positive and negative terminal. A little accident impacts can set that car in flames 🔥.

We also thought as much!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Will You Still Buy This Toyota Corolla Seeing This Done To It? by itsme01: 9:45am On Sep 03, 2023
fineboynl:
how stealing of this battery even work? How they opened the hood?

They have steal this guy battery before.

There is this particular cable if you crouch and look under the hood you will find and if you pull it hard the bonnet pops open even when the central lock is on

56 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Will You Still Buy This Toyota Corolla Seeing This Done To It? by onlinediva: 9:49am On Sep 03, 2023
Bankowner:
What has using native sense to secure a battery got to do with hampering the selling and buying of the car?

Did the seller say the contraption is a permanent fixture that the new owner cannot remove?

Did you also read the about 300,000 miles said to be on it?

Opinion was asked, but you are here asking questions up and down like something else is involved.

2 Likes

Re: Will You Still Buy This Toyota Corolla Seeing This Done To It? by Bankowner: 10:00am On Sep 03, 2023
The cars you bring into Nigeria as tokunbo, how many mileage are on them? Cars are not about mileage but about maintenance oga!
onlinediva:

Did you also read the about 300,000 miles said to be on it?

Opinion was asked, but you are here asking questions up and down like something else is involved.

71 Likes

Re: Will You Still Buy This Toyota Corolla Seeing This Done To It? by onlinediva: 10:04am On Sep 03, 2023
Bankowner:
The cars you bring into Nigeria as tokunbo, how many mileage are on them? Cars are not about mileage but about maintenance oga!

Looks like you cherish using question mark a lot. Kindly note that you are not talking to a novice.

I can school you quite well as regards your last sentence.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Will You Still Buy This Toyota Corolla Seeing This Done To It? by Bankowner: 10:12am On Sep 03, 2023
Questions guide you to answers, first get schooled on that.

Next, tell me what I don't know about a car's high mileage even though it is properly maintained. As if you don't hear about 50 year old aeroplanes still flying in the skies as passenger airlines.

You as a car person should know that high mileage on a car means durability. A car is not about the body but the engine. It is the engine that gives the mileage. A car without the body can still move but a car without the engine goes nowhere. Except it is towed of course.

The pix attached says it all, a car with 306k mileage still up for sale at over $3000.
onlinediva:

Looks like you cherish using question mark a lot. Kindly note that you are not talking to a novice.

I can school you quite well as regards your last sentence.

23 Likes

Re: Will You Still Buy This Toyota Corolla Seeing This Done To It? by onlinediva: 10:40am On Sep 03, 2023
itsme01:

There is this particular cable if you crouch and look under the hood you will find and if you pull it hard the bonnet pops open even when the central lock is on

Security on that corolla is very wack!!!

7 Likes

Re: Will You Still Buy This Toyota Corolla Seeing This Done To It? by itsme01: 10:45am On Sep 03, 2023
onlinediva:

Security on that corolla is very wack!!!

Very wack

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will You Still Buy This Toyota Corolla Seeing This Done To It? by Itulah(m): 10:48am On Sep 03, 2023
onlinediva:
A client was interested in this Toyota Corolla and he invited my team at Autos and Cartalk (Limited) to inspect it for him.

On getting to the car, it has about 300,000 miles on its mileage and this has been done to its battery compartment.

That's why I love Peugeot, it came with auto battery lock from factory.

3 Likes

Re: Will You Still Buy This Toyota Corolla Seeing This Done To It? by Kooldon(f): 11:35am On Sep 03, 2023
Itulah:

Thank you for the encouragement. I thougth I am the only one in love with Peugeot

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will You Still Buy This Toyota Corolla Seeing This Done To It? by Thazard(m): 1:06pm On Sep 03, 2023
itsme01:

Re: Will You Still Buy This Toyota Corolla Seeing This Done To It? by onlinediva: 2:39pm On Sep 03, 2023
Itulah:

That is interesting!!!

1 Like

Re: Will You Still Buy This Toyota Corolla Seeing This Done To It? by whirlwind7(m): 4:51pm On Sep 03, 2023
onlinediva:

You're based in Nigeria, you claim to run an auto shop or auto garage, yet you have no idea what this fabrication was meant for?

28 Likes

Re: Will You Still Buy This Toyota Corolla Seeing This Done To It? by jamesversion: 5:10pm On Sep 03, 2023
itsme01:

It is easy to steal battery from Lexus SUV? Or Lexus in Particular?
Re: Will You Still Buy This Toyota Corolla Seeing This Done To It? by Bukola94: 6:35pm On Sep 03, 2023
Kooldon:

Thank you for the encouragement. I thougth I am the only one in love with Peugeot
Peugeot 206 or golf2 VW,which is the better car? Reliable, strong and fuel efficient... help to compare Peugeot 306SW & VOLKSWAGEN passat
Re: Will You Still Buy This Toyota Corolla Seeing This Done To It? by onlinediva: 6:44pm On Sep 03, 2023
whirlwind7:

You're based in Nigeria, you claim to run an auto shop or auto garage, yet you have no idea what this fabrication was meant for?

Where is it said that it is not known?
Re: Will You Still Buy This Toyota Corolla Seeing This Done To It? by Day169: 11:09am On Sep 06, 2023
onlinediva:

Once bitten, twice shy they say. The owner must've had a very bitter experience with his car battery in the past.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will You Still Buy This Toyota Corolla Seeing This Done To It? by chukzyfcbb: 11:14pm On Sep 06, 2023
itsme01:

Actually that is not for battery theft.

The battery area is loose, so they needed something to make the area tight, hence all that contraption. If you remove it, those placeholders on the terminals will become woobly
Re: Will You Still Buy This Toyota Corolla Seeing This Done To It? by fineboynl(m): 8:41am On Sep 07, 2023
chukzyfcbb:

Actually that is not for battery theft.

The battery area is loose, so they needed something to make the area tight, hence all that contraption. If you remove it, those placeholders on the terminals will become woobly
why would they do that? When they could just change the terminal clips/connector?

8 Likes

Re: Will You Still Buy This Toyota Corolla Seeing This Done To It? by Sonnobax15(m): 5:22pm On Sep 09, 2023
grin
Na for safety reasons......

2 Likes

Re: Will You Still Buy This Toyota Corolla Seeing This Done To It? by inoki247: 5:23pm On Sep 09, 2023
Lol if na Tokunbo from US grin shocked grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Innoson Bus Used For Public Transport Spotted In Lagos (Pictures) / Anambra Governor, Obiano's Official Bullet-Proof Car (PHOTO) / Inside Olu Okeowo's ₦2b Garage That Includes Rolls-Royces,Bentleys & M-benz

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.