Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,195 members, 7,829,274 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:37 PM

Please I want to be A Front-End Engr. - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Please I want to be A Front-End Engr. (1096 Views)

Front-end Development - How To Get Started / Front-End Developer Or Back-End Developer: Which Job Title Has A Higher Salary? / Become A Front-end Web Designer With Nairaland 100days Of Code (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please I want to be A Front-End Engr. by Nobody: 12:54pm On Aug 17, 2022
Please is 3Gb laptop good enough to be a front-end engr.??
It is the laptop I can afford for now
At least let me be using it at least to get a junior role, is this doable??
Abeg someone should reply
Re: Please I want to be A Front-End Engr. by TastyFriedPussy: 1:00pm On Aug 17, 2022
If you don't or have never had a passion for programming, forget it..if Na because of all the sweet things you don read online about programming and developers dey motivate you, forget it...use your money chop or do another thing because you'll regret it..especially if you're a pharmacy or medicine graduate or undergraduate. You never even buy laptop you don dey talk of junior role...
SMH

TastyFriedPussy

1 Like

Re: Please I want to be A Front-End Engr. by Nobody: 1:04pm On Aug 17, 2022
TastyFriedPussy:
If you don't or have never had a passion for programming, forget it..if Na because of all the sweet things you don read online about programming and developers dey motivate you, forget it...use your money chop or do another thing because you'll regret it..especially if you're a pharmacy or medicine graduate or undergraduate. You never even buy laptop you don dey talk of junior role...
SMH

Well I enjoy programming not really bcux of d money but man need to assist parents with bills especially with this strike, you de talk as if u r not in dis stupid country..

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Please I want to be A Front-End Engr. by TastyFriedPussy: 1:06pm On Aug 17, 2022
dxsu:

Well I enjoy programming not really bcux of d money but man need to assist parents with bills especially with this strike, you de talk as if u r not in dis stupid country..
guy man don off me grin

1 Like

Re: Please I want to be A Front-End Engr. by TastyFriedPussy: 1:08pm On Aug 17, 2022
grin anyways, what's the processor of the laptop Na that one matters most. Because if it's anything less than a 3rd or 4th gen Intel core i5 then it wouldn't do..
Re: Please I want to be A Front-End Engr. by Nobody: 1:08pm On Aug 17, 2022
TastyFriedPussy:
guy man don off me grin
grin
Re: Please I want to be A Front-End Engr. by Nobody: 1:09pm On Aug 17, 2022
TastyFriedPussy:
grin anyways, what's the processor of the laptop Na that one matters most. Because if it's anything less than a 3rd or 4th gen Intel core i5 then it wouldn't do..

Is dual-core oo
Re: Please I want to be A Front-End Engr. by TastyFriedPussy: 1:13pm On Aug 17, 2022
dxsu:

Is dua core oo
arrrrrr, omoh shocked dual core? With 3gb ram? Omo that is like trying to give the job of a dangote cement truck to a keke maruwa... Oboy, hussle and save up more abeg, even if Na 60k, at least that will get you a decent laptop to start with.. That your laptop lacks the two most important features required for smooth programming (processor and ram)...
Re: Please I want to be A Front-End Engr. by Nobody: 1:16pm On Aug 17, 2022
TastyFriedPussy:
arrrrrr, omoh shocked dual core? With 3gb ram? Omo that is like trying to give the job of a dangote cement truck to a keke maruwa... Oboy, hussle and save up more abeg, even if Na 60k, at least that will get you a decent laptop to start with.. That your laptop lacks the two most important features required for smooth programming (processor and ram)...
Oma thanks for d advise
Re: Please I want to be A Front-End Engr. by HiNode(m): 7:12pm On Aug 17, 2022
You have to have passion for programming before you drive into it

1 Like

Re: Please I want to be A Front-End Engr. by Nobody: 7:44pm On Aug 18, 2022
HiNode:
You have to have passion for programming before you drive into it
Did I tell you I don't have passion for programming OR you don't understand the post
Re: Please I want to be A Front-End Engr. by Nobody: 10:11pm On Aug 18, 2022
Save money and buy 8GB above Laptop.

Yes! People go into tech for Paysion mostly.

You don't have to have passion for something before u can be good at it.... That's fallacy.

1 Like

Re: Please I want to be A Front-End Engr. by Edipet(m): 10:20pm On Aug 18, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:

You don't have to have passion for something before u can be good at it.... That's fallacy.
please I need a recommendation too, I want to start learning basics like html,css, javascript. Please recommend a laptop for me.
Re: Please I want to be A Front-End Engr. by Nobody: 12:25am On Aug 19, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:

Thank yo for understanding

Like how much should I budget for thT 8Gb lp and recommend a lp so I don't come here asking again...
Re: Please I want to be A Front-End Engr. by Nobody: 12:39am On Aug 19, 2022
dxsu:

Thank yo for understanding

Like how much should I budget for thT 8Gb lp and recommend a lp so I don't come here asking again...

Buy dell latitude.

The battery is very good
Re: Please I want to be A Front-End Engr. by Nobody: 12:59am On Aug 19, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:

Buy dell latitude.

The battery is very good
How much I go hustle for m now??
I'm seeing 200k+ cry where I wonnc money
Re: Please I want to be A Front-End Engr. by Nobody: 1:04am On Aug 19, 2022
dxsu:

How much I go hustle for m now??
I'm seeing 200k+ cry where I wonnc money
https://ji ji.ng/ikeja/computers-and-laptops/laptop-dell-latitude-e6430-8gb-intel-core-i7-hdd-500gb-mPEWqZR5YVaberPD3i9fkCux.html?page=1&pos=2&cur_pos=2&ads_per_page=15&ads_count=32&lid=TGfcNEIcVY00r-4x
Re: Please I want to be A Front-End Engr. by Nobody: 1:11am On Aug 19, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:

https://ji ji.ng/ikeja/computers-and-laptops/laptop-dell-latitude-e6430-8gb-intel-core-i7-hdd-500gb-mPEWqZR5YVaberPD3i9fkCux.html?page=1&pos=2&cur_pos=2&ads_per_page=15&ads_count=32&lid=TGfcNEIcVY00r-4x
Re: Please I want to be A Front-End Engr. by Nobody: 1:14am On Aug 19, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:

Tnks boz
Re: Please I want to be A Front-End Engr. by Edipet(m): 8:07am On Aug 19, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:

please is this spec. Okay to start with, I want to start learning html, CSS and JavaScript. , I was told to buy a laptop with SSD laptop, but it ver6 expensive. Should I buy HDD
Re: Please I want to be A Front-End Engr. by Nobody: 8:23am On Aug 19, 2022
Edipet:
please is this spec. Okay to start with, I want to start learning html, CSS and JavaScript. , I was told to buy a laptop with SSD laptop, but it ver6 expensive. Should I buy HDD

Yes fir web development
Re: Please I want to be A Front-End Engr. by Nobody: 8:25am On Aug 19, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:

Yes fir web development

Corei5 with SSD or core i7 with hdd
Which will you recommend in terms of speed
Re: Please I want to be A Front-End Engr. by Nobody: 8:32am On Aug 19, 2022
dxsu:

Corei5 with SSD or core i7 with hdd
Which will you recommend in terms of speed

https://www.quora.com/Which-one-is-better-i5-with-SSD-or-i7-with-HDD
Re: Please I want to be A Front-End Engr. by Edipet(m): 1:58am On Sep 21, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:

Yes fir web development
please is corei3 okay, would it accept visual studio code app?
Re: Please I want to be A Front-End Engr. by Nobody: 3:25am On Sep 21, 2022
Edipet:
please is corei3 okay, would it accept visual studio code app?

Yes.... but it will slag sometimes... they're faster alternatives to Vs Code for systems with smaller Tech

My best was Sublime

I used it for years before moving to VsCode when I upgraded
Re: Please I want to be A Front-End Engr. by Edipet(m): 11:12pm On Sep 22, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:

Yes.... but it will slag sometimes... they're faster alternatives to Vs Code for systems with smaller Tech

My best was Sublime

I used it for years before moving to VsCode when I upgraded
I have 3 options for laptops...
one man that is shop look dirty with mixture of scrap laptop offer me this laptop.

1) i3, 5th gen _ lenovo, thinkpad e450 but has a weak battery.., 5% was out in 5min while .100k. no keyboard light...ram 4gb..
2) i5, 6th gen...dell latitude e5470, weak battery.might not last 2hr, while I was checking the system, 5% was out in 5min. 130k, with keyboard light...ram 8gb

Another man that has a clean shop, but has very expensive laptops offer me this
i3, 6th gen, hp probook, battery upto 3hrs. With keyboard light...130k..ram 4gb
Which one would you choose please

(1) (Reply)

Rss Feeds / Any Game Programmer In The House? / Help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.