Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,133 members, 7,829,042 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:02 PM

Bad Salary Negotiation, Any Solution? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Bad Salary Negotiation, Any Solution? (1086 Views)

Easy Answers To Tricky Salary Negotiation Questions / 14 Salary Negotiation Responses That Could Cost You Your Dream Job! / 10 Common Salary Negotiation Mistakes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Bad Salary Negotiation, Any Solution? by Abiodun234: 7:29pm On Aug 05, 2011
A friend of mine was asked of his expected salary during a just concluded interview he responded by saying 210K after a lot of persuasion he agreed he can accept 160K. After the interview he ran into a classmate of his who works in same company and receives a salary of 200K (assuming same level of skills and same position) . What can he do to get the 200K at least before the offer letter is handed over to him or after the offer letter is handed over to him? Thanks.him or after the offer letter is handed over to him? Thanks.
Re: Bad Salary Negotiation, Any Solution? by dipo2much(m): 10:26am On Aug 06, 2011
First of all, the whole of Nairaland knows that you are the one who wants to re-negotiate you pay and not "a friend of mine".
Thats by the way, I think you should just take the 160k offer and forget about your friend's pay.
I dont think you can get the 200k for now, maybe later on in the job you can request them to pay 200k,that is after u have proved your worth to them.
Dont judge urself by what others earn. If the pay is commensurate with what you do, be content
Re: Bad Salary Negotiation, Any Solution? by ranlaen: 11:02am On Aug 06, 2011
did you ask if this guy that is getting 40k more has been with the company for sometime.Pay rise does not always follow job promotion,sometimes a company will increase the salary of certain employees despite no promotion who have performed well in their current job .

(1) (Reply)

Gtbank Recruitment / Marketers Needed Urgently At An ICT Company / Graduates Internship Scheme GIS: Dead Or Alive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.