Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,146 members, 7,815,016 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:49 AM

"I'm Alive To Tell The Story" : Share Your Close Shave With Death Moments - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / "I'm Alive To Tell The Story" : Share Your Close Shave With Death Moments (22187 Views)

Get Ready For Your Close-up With These Skin Care Headbands / Share Your Worst Embrassing Moments Caused By Nature. / Classy Men Shave With Shaver Lights.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

"I'm Alive To Tell The Story" : Share Your Close Shave With Death Moments by CaptainZubi: 10:33am On Aug 18, 2022
Source

1998. A soldier put his gun on my chest during the Abacha years. Led students on aluta. Bonfires everywhere. Soldiers were called out. One pulled out his gun. Face to face. I could feel his breath. The students I led abandoned me.Turned my back and ran. I lived to tell the story

73 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "I'm Alive To Tell The Story" : Share Your Close Shave With Death Moments by CaptainZubi: 10:34am On Aug 18, 2022
Had a fatal accident in a bus at Awolowo junction at Bodija. Brake failure with bus on high speed. Somersaulted many times. Finally stopped with tyres in the air. I briefly lost consciousness. Then, I had the morbid fear of being burnt alive. I could see smoke. I crawled out through a window. Bleeding but I didn't even know. I started running. Then, I remembered my friend, DJ Korea was in the bus. I ran back to rescue him. I shouted his name until he crawled out. Six people were cold. Dead. I lived to tell the story.

155 Likes 7 Shares

Re: "I'm Alive To Tell The Story" : Share Your Close Shave With Death Moments by CaptainZubi: 10:37am On Aug 18, 2022
2009. Going to work at Apapa. Coming from Yaba where I lived. Slow moving traffic at Tin Can Coconut. A guy in traffic. Supposedly selling gala or handkerchiefs. Green bag draped around his neck. I was half awake. Time was around 7am. Guy walked to my driver's side. I was seated in front. He knocked the window. Put his hand in his bag. Brought out a gun. Banged on the window. My driver was discombobulated. Elijah was his name. Confused. Scared. The guy thought we were uncooperative. It all happened very fast. He aimed his gun at me. Pulled the trigger. Time wasn't enough to say any prayer. The click was loud. The gun jammed. He looked at the gun. He looked at me. He took another aim. Pulled the trigger again. I was twice lucky. No, I was twice saved. By grace. I saw fear on his face. He started running. Jumped the median. Ran through traffic towards the ocean. I lived to tell the story.

224 Likes 11 Shares

Re: "I'm Alive To Tell The Story" : Share Your Close Shave With Death Moments by Sunijacks(m): 10:39am On Aug 18, 2022
Never had such an experience

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "I'm Alive To Tell The Story" : Share Your Close Shave With Death Moments by CaptainZubi: 10:40am On Aug 18, 2022
2011. Going to work around 6am. Gave my sister in-law a ride. Around Customs Street, Yaba- not far from UNILAG- we saw a melee. Cars screeching. Bedlam. It was too late. I saw the guy. Right in front of our car. With bullets wrapped around him. Like the movies. Except that this was not a movie. Robbers. Fully armed. Shooting everything that moved. Had no time to think. I jumped out of the car. On motion. Forgot my driver. Forgot my sister in-law who sat at the back. Everyone for himself. God for us all. I ran. Under a hail of bullets. Dodging cars that were trying to make a u-turn. Grateful none hit me. I saw a mosque. It was the time of the Muslims call to prayers. I ran into the mosque. All the worshippers scattered. My trousers torn. My sister in-law couldn't escape. She was strapped in her seat belt. Robbers came. Saw her. Ransacked the car. But left her. We lived to tell the story.

118 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "I'm Alive To Tell The Story" : Share Your Close Shave With Death Moments by Manigie: 10:48am On Aug 18, 2022
Got caught up during religious crisis in Jos in 2010. There were corpses by the road side and Hausa boys were almost on our car, banging and stoning... Some elders standing by told them to let us drive through, that they'd had enough of these fights.

That was how we drove through zololo junction to the University Main Camp with corpses lying on the ground....
A miracle

116 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "I'm Alive To Tell The Story" : Share Your Close Shave With Death Moments by SyrusdeHansome(m): 10:55am On Aug 18, 2022
Some pple escaped one nasty experience only to end up dying frm a very insignificant occurence. In this life we live to die. We escape 2day to die 2moro. Whatever we do now nd where ever we are now we're simply waiting 4 our time

145 Likes 11 Shares

Re: "I'm Alive To Tell The Story" : Share Your Close Shave With Death Moments by Zonefree(m): 11:03am On Aug 18, 2022
The scars on my body is a testimony of God's mercy. How I survived that night is a prove that God exists.

For 3 months everyone thought I was dead. The day I appeared in my department after 3 months of the rumour of my death, everyone scampered. They thought I was a ghost.

My advice to young students, if you're not a cultist, don't follow or associate with cultists cos during wars, mistaken identity happens and you might be a victim.

176 Likes 8 Shares

Re: "I'm Alive To Tell The Story" : Share Your Close Shave With Death Moments by Benki003(m): 11:06am On Aug 18, 2022
Feel into a 9feet swimming pool in the night with no one around to save me, almost drowned if not for some people that heard my noise I passed out that day

And I have always had this fear of death by water since I was little

74 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "I'm Alive To Tell The Story" : Share Your Close Shave With Death Moments by imran90(m): 11:18am On Aug 18, 2022
I had an accident on my way from Sokoto that year, many die but by his grace I survive. Melo la fe wi, melo la fe so. Iku ti ko ba pani ti o ba sini nifa, opelo ye ka du.

37 Likes 5 Shares

Re: "I'm Alive To Tell The Story" : Share Your Close Shave With Death Moments by emmanuelbrown26: 11:20am On Aug 18, 2022
Waiting man pikin dun see, mouth no go talk

12 Likes

Re: "I'm Alive To Tell The Story" : Share Your Close Shave With Death Moments by sofeo(m): 1:03pm On Aug 18, 2022
Glory to God.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I'm Alive To Tell The Story" : Share Your Close Shave With Death Moments by FactBoyz: 1:03pm On Aug 18, 2022
angry
Re: "I'm Alive To Tell The Story" : Share Your Close Shave With Death Moments by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:04pm On Aug 18, 2022
As seen somewhere on cyberspace.....

In anosecond I saw my life pass before my eyes as an oncoming, out-of-control Camaro crossed into my lane. I did all I could to avoid the impact, while thinking, Oh, God, this is how I'm gonna die."

But then I didn't.
The pulverizing sound of the crash was less frightening that the thought of what we would look like afterward.
The little economy car was totaled.
Despite a severe whiplash and bruises, I managed to get out from behind the crooked dash, unbuckle the children in the back seat—crying and shaken but okay—and walk away.

That day, and for weeks after, I grew in gratitude for the preciousness of life amidst harrowing flashbacks and "what if's?"

Let everybody keep thanking God for life just as the woman above did for obodo.

Exceed15:
I was quite Young then. I went to bar Beach in Lagos during festive period and entered the water swimming then lost my balance. I saw myself going.. I mean I was being carried away by tide. All of a sudden a man sighted me and a very good swimmer.. started swimming against the tide towards me and held my hand. Pulled me on his back and brought me out. May God continually bless the man in Jesus name.
Amen in Jesus name.
We thank God for your life also.
And may God continue to bless the man that God sent to save your life abundantly wherever he is now.

Baba God we thank you for life ooooo

33 Likes 8 Shares

Re: "I'm Alive To Tell The Story" : Share Your Close Shave With Death Moments by Ancecoker(m): 1:04pm On Aug 18, 2022
grin
Re: "I'm Alive To Tell The Story" : Share Your Close Shave With Death Moments by Mokason288(m): 1:04pm On Aug 18, 2022
grin
Re: "I'm Alive To Tell The Story" : Share Your Close Shave With Death Moments by Timagex(m): 1:04pm On Aug 18, 2022
Many experiences o!

There was this day I and my twin bro were on our way home from jamb lesson on a bike, our bike hit a goat that was crossing the road and we fell down on the road. Right in front of a mortuary!! The engine of the okada was still on, so, it dragged us a bit on the road. We thank God no car was coming.

There was another day I and mom went out. I drove. The brake was taking time to catch but I felt I could manage it till we get home. Hmmmmm!!! We were coming down a slope when I applied the brakes and nothing happened!! shocked shocked I told my mom that "brake ti fail" and she said I should stop that kind of joke. As the car gained speed and a trailer started approaching us, mom knew I wasn't joking! Come see prayer!! The steering became stiff, but, I managed to tilt it towards the bush before it locked. I crashed it into a nearby bush. We both came out unhurt!! The experience still gives me shivers!!

CHECK MY SIGNATURE! I AM THE WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER YOU HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR!!! shocked shocked

70 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "I'm Alive To Tell The Story" : Share Your Close Shave With Death Moments by DevilSignature: 1:04pm On Aug 18, 2022
grin
Re: "I'm Alive To Tell The Story" : Share Your Close Shave With Death Moments by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 1:04pm On Aug 18, 2022
choi

After Waec result came out...Na so me and my G wey dey Tottenham now reach one older bros house go show result...

Baba give us him BWM rabbit make we use,na me sabi the bros so na me drive...

I swear to God,I see this Pothole...based on speed things, I say make I swerve the pothole ooo....

The car come dey go left right on in own ooo,come jam center pavement....fly enter opposite lane, God so kind ,no on coming vehicle..

Na gutter we land oooo....People gather dey shout, 2 ediots come out from gutter dey form big boy.. cho

22 Likes

Re: "I'm Alive To Tell The Story" : Share Your Close Shave With Death Moments by samwheel(m): 1:05pm On Aug 18, 2022
shocked
Re: "I'm Alive To Tell The Story" : Share Your Close Shave With Death Moments by omophunky(m): 1:05pm On Aug 18, 2022
Re: "I'm Alive To Tell The Story" : Share Your Close Shave With Death Moments by LARRYOBRAIN(m): 1:07pm On Aug 18, 2022
Faithful God.
[quote author=CaptainZubi post=115815849][/quote]

3 Likes

Re: "I'm Alive To Tell The Story" : Share Your Close Shave With Death Moments by Franklyspeakin: 1:09pm On Aug 18, 2022
Reading
Re: "I'm Alive To Tell The Story" : Share Your Close Shave With Death Moments by Scamigbowoman: 1:09pm On Aug 18, 2022
Re: "I'm Alive To Tell The Story" : Share Your Close Shave With Death Moments by Sergio101(m): 1:09pm On Aug 18, 2022
Bicycle sad

THANK GOD I DIDN'T DIE THAT DAY

2 Likes

Re: "I'm Alive To Tell The Story" : Share Your Close Shave With Death Moments by LUAN1: 1:09pm On Aug 18, 2022
God is merciful

5 Likes

Re: "I'm Alive To Tell The Story" : Share Your Close Shave With Death Moments by ekwerendi(m): 1:10pm On Aug 18, 2022
Glory be to God

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I'm Alive To Tell The Story" : Share Your Close Shave With Death Moments by Administration1: 1:10pm On Aug 18, 2022
We skipped classes once and got to "an abandoned hostel" where were smoking, unknown to us, some armed robbers came to put finals plans to their robbery plan that same moment, One pointed his gun and shot just to confirm if it was working, guess what, it passed through the placed, I kept my head to rest.

42 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

15 Most Used Cliche/slangs On Nairaland / Homeless Man Has Been Living In A Grave For The Last 15 Years / Supreme Court Ends Four-decade Old Land Dispute In Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.