Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,350 members, 7,836,438 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:50 AM

I Turned Off Read Receipt On Whatsapp To View A Status Yet This Happened - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / I Turned Off Read Receipt On Whatsapp To View A Status Yet This Happened (14752 Views)

I Turned Off Read Receipt To View Her Status And This Happened.. / I Started My Generator & Switched On My Freezer & Stabilizer, Then This Happened / Whatsapp To Stop Running On These Devices On December 31, 2017. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Turned Off Read Receipt On Whatsapp To View A Status Yet This Happened by RuneKingThor: 5:57am On Aug 19, 2022
Afoonja:

Sense is far from you.
To think is your problem. It's a pity.
Re: I Turned Off Read Receipt On Whatsapp To View A Status Yet This Happened by gassbee: 5:59am On Aug 19, 2022
Machalla:
I will view your status and nothing will happen grin.
Lol. These day it just that I don't do the normal WhatsApp chit chat anymore. It is more like text message without having to pay the network N4 charges for me. cheesy
If you don't want to view anyone status then delete them from your contact. Life is not that hard
the problem is dat some people just want to view d status of someone without the person knowing ( ego thing) but Oga Zuckerberg is telling dem sorry bro dat cannot happen
Re: I Turned Off Read Receipt On Whatsapp To View A Status Yet This Happened by Reminderz: 6:23am On Aug 19, 2022
Machalla:
I will view your status and nothing will happen grin.
Lol. These day it just that I don't do the normal WhatsApp chit chat anymore. It is more like text message without having to pay the network N4 charges for me. cheesy
If you don't want to view anyone status then delete them from your contact. Life is not that hard
lol sometimes it's not because of something will happen or not.... I'm still waiting for WhatsApp to release the update to disable the 'online' notification too on the official WhatsApp application.. sometimes, you might view someone's message and don't have the opportunity to reply them at that moment, the person might think that you're purposely ignoring them... this is when turning off the read receipts come in handy... at least, it would give them that little peace of mind that it has delivered but they can't attack you that you have or haven't read their messages ...
Re: I Turned Off Read Receipt On Whatsapp To View A Status Yet This Happened by Reminderz: 6:26am On Aug 19, 2022
gassbee:
the problem is dat some people just want to view d status of someone without the person knowing ( ego thing) but Oga Zuckerberg is telling dem sorry bro dat cannot happen
sometimes, it's not about ego, just like I said in my previous post..

I'm still waiting for WhatsApp to release the update to disable the 'online' notification too on the official WhatsApp application.. sometimes, you might view someone's message and don't have the opportunity to reply them at that moment, the person might think that you're purposely ignoring them... this is when turning off the read receipts come in handy... at least, it would give them that little peace of mind that it has delivered but they can't attack you that you have or haven't read their messages ... read receipts don cause plenty wahala oo...
Re: I Turned Off Read Receipt On Whatsapp To View A Status Yet This Happened by Reminderz: 6:31am On Aug 19, 2022
Afoonja:

This is the dumbest thread on Naira
Land. I wonder how old these peeps are?? Here fighting over read receipts that has nothing to do with status. A simple google search would have helped your misery.

Nigeria is finally doomed, this generation of illiterates and itks that have nothing upstairs and would still argue with their elders. Aru!!!
Guy I saw your previous post, read receipts works the same way for messages and status updates.. why are you arguing

it's you that's arguing blindly... first, are you using the official WhatsApp application? even if you're using GB WhatsApp, it works the same way... na you dey argue blindly...

the picture below is what it's going to tell you if you upload your status without turning on read receipts... this is why you won't be able to see any views to your status updates until you turn it back on... you won't be able to see people who viewed your status or messages, and vice versa until you turn it back on.

2 Likes

Re: I Turned Off Read Receipt On Whatsapp To View A Status Yet This Happened by Machalla(m): 7:19am On Aug 19, 2022
gassbee:
Me sef just tire. The hypocrisy though lol. There is mute option too. If they don't want to view some people status then mute them or delete their contact. Some people just like giving themselves unnecessary wahala. U wanna hide and view status and don't want to be seen lol
For me I will view my contacts WhatsApp status with my full chest. grin
Re: I Turned Off Read Receipt On Whatsapp To View A Status Yet This Happened by Nobody: 7:23am On Aug 19, 2022
KingAzubuike:
If you turn off read receipt and

1. View the status of a normal WhatsApp user, they won't know

2. View the status of a GB WhatsApp user or other mods of WhatsApp, they will know , it will show.

So if he's been turning off read receipt and viewing status on WhatsApp thinking he's anonymous, he has been deceiving himself.

does GB WhatsApp record video call
Re: I Turned Off Read Receipt On Whatsapp To View A Status Yet This Happened by Nobody: 7:24am On Aug 19, 2022
KingAzubuike:
If you turn off read receipt and

1. View the status of a normal WhatsApp user, they won't know

2. View the status of a GB WhatsApp user or other mods of WhatsApp, they will know , it will show.

So if he's been turning off read receipt and viewing status on WhatsApp thinking he's anonymous, he has been deceiving himself.

does GB WhatsApp record video call or screenshot it, cos normal WhatsApp don't allow screen recording or screenshot while on video call, but does GB WhatsApp do
Re: I Turned Off Read Receipt On Whatsapp To View A Status Yet This Happened by Machalla(m): 7:26am On Aug 19, 2022
Reminderz:

lol sometimes it's not because of something will happen or not.... I'm still waiting for WhatsApp to release the update to disable the 'online' notification too on the official WhatsApp application.. sometimes, you might view someone's message and don't have the opportunity to reply them at that moment, the person might think that you're purposely ignoring them... this is when turning off the read receipts come in handy... at least, it would give them that little peace of mind that it has delivered but they can't attack you that you have or haven't read their messages ...

It is better you don't open messages if you not ready or too busy to reply. Don't be in hurry to always reply every message.
For me I only respond fast to my family and business WhatsApp text. Any other thing you might get your reply in two or three days time. So some people will rather call my number than text me on WhatsApp lol.
Re: I Turned Off Read Receipt On Whatsapp To View A Status Yet This Happened by Reminderz: 7:31am On Aug 19, 2022
Machalla:

It is better you don't open messages if you not ready or too busy to reply. Don't be in hurry to always reply every message.
For me I only respond fast to my family and business WhatsApp text. Any other thing you might get your reply in two or three days time. So some people will rather call my number than text me on WhatsApp lol.
not every case, especially if it's important... you only reply two or three days time because they aren't important to you or in your priority list..
Re: I Turned Off Read Receipt On Whatsapp To View A Status Yet This Happened by Machalla(m): 7:38am On Aug 19, 2022
Reminderz:

not every case, especially if it's important... you only reply two or three days time because they aren't important to you or in your priority list..
did they put knife to your neck to reply immediately?
No go kee yourself o
Re: I Turned Off Read Receipt On Whatsapp To View A Status Yet This Happened by Machalla(m): 7:42am On Aug 19, 2022
Afoonja:
I can't believe how dumb some people are, read receipts is not for status, it's for the pigmentation(blueing) of the double tick, which occurs when the receiver views the message.
You dey jonze.
Turning off read receipt works for status too. Stop disgracing yourself on public forum. When read receipt is turned off WhatsApp will tell you that you don't have the right to know people that viewed your status too. How old are you sef?

1 Like

Re: I Turned Off Read Receipt On Whatsapp To View A Status Yet This Happened by Nobody: 7:44am On Aug 19, 2022
Even stressing yourself.
Re: I Turned Off Read Receipt On Whatsapp To View A Status Yet This Happened by Reminderz: 8:07am On Aug 19, 2022
Machalla:
did they put knife to your neck to reply immediately?
No go kee yourself o
did you skip the part where I said not in all cases?
Re: I Turned Off Read Receipt On Whatsapp To View A Status Yet This Happened by Nobody: 9:53am On Aug 19, 2022
Afoonja:

Sense is far from you.

Baba if your read reciepts is off you wont know who has viewed your status also...you dey 21st century so?
Re: I Turned Off Read Receipt On Whatsapp To View A Status Yet This Happened by TONYE001(m): 10:10am On Aug 19, 2022
Afoonja:

Land. I wonder how old these peeps are?? Here fighting over read receipts that has nothing to do with status. A simple google search would have helped your misery.

Nigeria is finally doomed, this generation of illiterates and itks that have nothing upstairs and would still argue with their elders. Aru!!!

Your disrespectful outbursts are not necessary, sir.

How about passing your message without pecks of insults? Don't you think this would be better?
Re: I Turned Off Read Receipt On Whatsapp To View A Status Yet This Happened by Bede2u(m): 10:42am On Aug 19, 2022
Afoonja:

Lol.. I would like to see your face when you eventually found out you have been wrong on this thread grin
Re: I Turned Off Read Receipt On Whatsapp To View A Status Yet This Happened by YorubaSlur: 10:43am On Aug 19, 2022
Bede2u:
Lol.. I would like to see your face when you eventually found out you have been wrong on this thread grin

I'm not wrong, I think you guys are more of IOS users.
Re: I Turned Off Read Receipt On Whatsapp To View A Status Yet This Happened by Bede2u(m): 10:45am On Aug 19, 2022
Afoonja:

Lol...Still means you are wrong. That it doesn't happen on your phone doesn't mean it doesn't happen at all.

Lol people like you go sha hard to teach

1 Like

Re: I Turned Off Read Receipt On Whatsapp To View A Status Yet This Happened by Nobody: 11:00am On Aug 19, 2022
Bede2u:

Na mumu e be...e be like say na that very first version of whatsapp wey e dey use...how can someone be so confident in his ignorance
Re: I Turned Off Read Receipt On Whatsapp To View A Status Yet This Happened by johnwizey: 11:39am On Aug 19, 2022
Afoonja:

It works on both IOS and Android bro, just try it first and upload your result instead of disgracing yourself like this. Abi Wch kind phone u Dey use sef
Re: I Turned Off Read Receipt On Whatsapp To View A Status Yet This Happened by Machalla(m): 11:48am On Aug 19, 2022
Reminderz:

did you skip the part where I said not in all cases?
Your headache anyway undecided
Re: I Turned Off Read Receipt On Whatsapp To View A Status Yet This Happened by YorubaSlur: 1:01pm On Aug 19, 2022
johnwizey:
It works on both IOS and Android bro, just try it first and upload your result instead of disgracing yourself like this. Abi Wch kind phone u Dey use sef

You're so wrong
Re: I Turned Off Read Receipt On Whatsapp To View A Status Yet This Happened by Nobody: 1:52pm On Aug 19, 2022
Afoonja:

You're so wrong

If you dont know something why not take correction and shut up instead of showcasing your ignorance...na only you for this thread dey off point from people who actually know what we are talking about..
Re: I Turned Off Read Receipt On Whatsapp To View A Status Yet This Happened by YorubaSlur: 2:14pm On Aug 19, 2022
Rayban25:

If you dont know something why not take correction and shut up instead of showcasing your ignorance...na only you for this thread dey off point from people who actually know what we are talking about..

Read receipts is for chats, not status. Argue with your small dlck and fat belly
Re: I Turned Off Read Receipt On Whatsapp To View A Status Yet This Happened by DrinkWater10: 10:29pm On Aug 19, 2022
Afoonja:

You're so wrong
Hi, read receipt is for both chats and status. I'm surprised that you don't know this.
Re: I Turned Off Read Receipt On Whatsapp To View A Status Yet This Happened by sunshineV(f): 11:10am On Aug 22, 2022
liveyourlife007:
Insecure idiots everywhere
so u get sense pass WhatsApp wey introduce the feature?
Re: I Turned Off Read Receipt On Whatsapp To View A Status Yet This Happened by sunshineV(f): 11:20am On Aug 22, 2022
Read receipt works on status too but at a price. If turned on, u can view people status without Dem knowing but u also won't see people that viewed your status

Re: I Turned Off Read Receipt On Whatsapp To View A Status Yet This Happened by liveyourlife007(m): 3:09pm On Aug 22, 2022
sunshineV:
so u get sense pass WhatsApp wey introduce the feature?
If that's you on your Dp don't ever quote me in your life again.
Re: I Turned Off Read Receipt On Whatsapp To View A Status Yet This Happened by sunshineV(f): 4:36pm On Aug 22, 2022
liveyourlife007:

If that's you on your Dp don't ever quote me in your life again.
lolll that's old rema pic in black and white grin
Re: I Turned Off Read Receipt On Whatsapp To View A Status Yet This Happened by liveyourlife007(m): 5:22pm On Aug 22, 2022
sunshineV:
lolll that's old rema pic in black and white grin
cool
Re: I Turned Off Read Receipt On Whatsapp To View A Status Yet This Happened by Xandelle: 9:17am On Aug 27, 2023
YorubaSlur:
I can't believe how dumb some people are, read receipts is not for status, it's for the pigmentation(blueing) of the double tick, which occurs when the receiver views the message.

I can't believe you're the dumb one

(1) (2) (Reply)

Reasons Why The Use Of RAM Cleaners And Task Killers Should Be Avoided / Nine Benefits Of Using Screen Protectors On Smartphones / Research Shows Nigeria Has Highest Number Of Dual Sim Phone Users In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.