Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,821 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:45 AM

Epidemic Of Domestic Violence - divorce is a parachute - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Epidemic Of Domestic Violence - divorce is a parachute (268 Views)

Why The Rate Of Divorce Is High & Why Families Break Up / Governor Ortom And His Shameful Normalization Of Domestic Violence / Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Epidemic Of Domestic Violence - divorce is a parachute by BlackPantherxXx: 2:08pm On Aug 18, 2022
I am motivated to write this because of this thread :

Incident 1 :

This happened in the North.

A woman got very angry and beat her mother in law.

The man got home saw it, immediately dashed to his car.

He went to his inlaws and beat the shit out of the mother to the extent she was hospitalised.

The same man had to beg his siblings because they really wanted to beat the wife for beating their mother.

Incident 2 :

This happened in the South.

A very successful guy was slapped in his home by his mother in law. I simply told him that the slap was just escalation. She must have had the temerity to insult him on phone, in person before graduation to physical assault.

The same guy bought his wife a Benz jeep. The wife rejected it that it was a colour she didn't like. This lady was caught with her ex Boyfriend driving the jeep our friend bought for her....

When a woman destroys windscreens of cars... windows simply because she's angry and she's not dealt with a firm hand, she's very likely to repeat the same practice next time you annoy her.

Domestic violence is bad. But at times you stop violence with violence.

Violence should be discouraged at all costs regardless of gender. Divorce is a viable option to explore when compatibility is lacking.

NB- I deliberately changed some details to protect identities of concerned parties
Re: Epidemic Of Domestic Violence - divorce is a parachute by BlackPantherxXx: 2:18pm On Aug 18, 2022
cool
Re: Epidemic Of Domestic Violence - divorce is a parachute by Mindlog: 2:22pm On Aug 18, 2022
In intimate relationships, you don't stop violence with violence.....you stop it by cutting yourself off the toxic partner as it is cheaper to end the relationship/marriage than ending up being killed or ending up in jail.

No one is indispensable.
Re: Epidemic Of Domestic Violence - divorce is a parachute by BlackPantherxXx: 2:24pm On Aug 18, 2022
Mindlog:
In intimate relationships, you don't stop violence with violence.....you stop it by cutting yourself off the toxic partner as it is cheaper to end the relationship/marriage than ending up being killed or ending up in jail.

No one is indispensable.

Oh yes. I added that part about divorce ....

Because violence often leads to homicide +/- suicide.

And jail is never a pleasant destination.

(1) (Reply)

Donald Trump: "Why Retirement Is A Scam" By Olakunle Allison / Help / Don't Get Married With An Annual Income Of 1000000 Naira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.