Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,112 members, 7,814,899 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:38 PM

Islamic Quiz - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Islamic Quiz (13278 Views)

NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION / Quiz/Riddle Time: Can You Answer This? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Islamic Quiz by deols(f): 1:18pm On Aug 06, 2011
Let us have a ramadan challenge!

Rules
1. do not ask any other question until the previous is answered.
2. Number the questions
3. The person asking the question should not give the answer, in case no one provides it until after 24hrs
4. in case u want to give a more elaborate answer to a question previously answered, mention the question numba, and den give d ansa. 

Topic changed to Islamic Quiz after Ramadan.
Re: Islamic Quiz by deols(f): 1:19pm On Aug 06, 2011
let me start

Question 1

*the first sajda(prostration) area during recitation is in what surah of the Quran
*what is the ayah(verse)
*what is the supplication said during this sajdah
Re: Islamic Quiz by zubeyr(m): 1:59pm On Aug 06, 2011
Interesting
Re: Islamic Quiz by Araboy(m): 2:25pm On Aug 06, 2011
1 First Sajda Quran 7 : 206
Surat Al A'raf Ayat 206
ان الذ ين عند ربك لا يستكبرون عن عبا دته و بسبحو نه وله يسجد و ن
As for Dua of Sajdah here the translation
My face is in prostration to that pure entity that created it made ears and placed eyes in it it is all from his guidance and Power Allah is the best creator
If one has not memorized the above Dua then "Subhana Rabbi Al ala'a CAN be repeated similar to what is said in the Sajdah of the regular Salaat
Re: Islamic Quiz by Nobody: 6:21pm On Aug 06, 2011
Question 2:

This is very common just wanted to add my own 2cents

Which Surah of the Holy Quran has two Bismillah's?

What verse?, and kindly state the verse here, Thanks
Re: Islamic Quiz by mukina2: 6:35pm On Aug 06, 2011
mdsocks:

Question 2:

This is very common just wanted to add my own 2cents

Which Surah of the Holy Quran has two Bismillah's?

What verse?, and kindly state the verse here, Thanks

Surah Naml

verse 30

"It is from Solomon and is (as follows): `In the name of Allah Most Gracious Most Merciful:
Re: Islamic Quiz by mukina2: 6:46pm On Aug 06, 2011
Q3, At what age is fasting compulsory for Muslims
3b, The duas for keeping and breaking fast, please write them down and their meanings.
3c, what group of Muslims are exempted from fasting and what should they do during Ramadan?
Re: Islamic Quiz by Nobody: 7:03pm On Aug 06, 2011
I will answer 3b. When Keeping and breaking fast

Wa Bisawmi ghadin nawaytu min shari Ramadan
(I make intention to keep fast in the month of Ramadan)

Allahumma inni laka sumtu wabika amantu wa ala rizqika Af tarthu
O Allah! I have fasted for you and I believe in You and I break my fast with Your sustenance.
Re: Islamic Quiz by deols(f): 7:52pm On Aug 06, 2011
More on question 1

Araboy:

1 First Sajda Quran 7 : 206
Surat Al A'raf Ayat 206
ان الذ ين عند ربك لا يستكبرون عن عبا دته و بسبحو نه وله يسجد و ن
As for Dua of Sajdah here the translation
My face is in prostration to that pure entity that created it made ears and placed eyes in it it is all from his guidance and Power Allah is the best creator
If one has not memorized the above Dua then "Subhana Rabbi Al ala'a CAN be repeated similar to what is said in the Sajdah of the regular Salaat

the transliteration of the dua is-
sajada waji hiya lilladhi khalaqahu wa shaqqa sam'ahu wa basarahu bihaulihi waquwwatihi fatabaaraka llahu ahsanu l khalikeen.

Another one is- Allahum-maktub li biha 'indaka ajran, wa da' anni biha wizran, wajalha li 'indaka dhukran, wa taqabbalha minni kama taqabbaltaha min 'abdika dawood.
meaning- Oh Allah write it as a reward for me, and release me from a burden for it, and make it for me a treasure in paradise. Accept it from me as you accepted its like from Dawood (AS).
Re: Islamic Quiz by deols(f): 9:09pm On Aug 06, 2011

mukina2:

Q3, At what age is fasting compulsory for Muslims
3b, The duas for keeping and breaking fast, please write them down and their meanings.
3c, what group of Muslims are exempted from fasting and what should they do during Ramadan?
a. Fasting becomes compulsory at maturity, For a woman, when she starts menstruating. usually around thirteen or fourteen.
b. -Having the intention to fast is enough. The only situation(as I know it) where it becomes compulsory to say it(intention) out is during hajj.
- for breaking the fast
*Dhahaba zamau wabtallatil 'uruq wathabatal ajru inshaAllah.-thirst is gone, tongue is moistened and reward is certain if Allah wills.

*Allahumma inni asaluka birahmatikallati wasi'atkulla shai'in an taghfira li.- oh Allah, I seek you by your mercy which encompasses all things, for your forgiveness.
c. exempted from fasting are-
*the sick
*the menstruating woman
*the elderly
*the traveler
*pregnant/breast feeding women

Allahu a'lam
Re: Islamic Quiz by deols(f): 9:13pm On Aug 06, 2011
Question 4.

Alaa (favour) is d name of a girl derived from a popular surah of the Qur'an. What is this surah?
Re: Islamic Quiz by mukina2: 9:25pm On Aug 06, 2011
Suratul Alaa? undecided  smiley
Re: Islamic Quiz by mukina2: 9:27pm On Aug 06, 2011
Q5, List The three parts of the month of Ramadan and describe the special blessings of each part.
Re: Islamic Quiz by olawalebabs(m): 11:44am On Aug 07, 2011
The first 10 - Allah Blesses all the muslim ummah.
The second 10 - all the sin committed will be Forgiven. The last 10 - 'Direct entry' to Paradise for all the fasting ummah
Re: Islamic Quiz by olawalebabs(m): 1:16pm On Aug 07, 2011
Which surah talk about the great night in the month of Ramadan
Re: Islamic Quiz by mukina2: 3:02pm On Aug 07, 2011
Suratul Qadr.
Re: Islamic Quiz by mukina2: 3:03pm On Aug 07, 2011
Q7, What is Dhikr?
Re: Islamic Quiz by olawalebabs(m): 3:59pm On Aug 07, 2011
It is the remembrance of Allah, this can be in saying or deeds.
Re: Islamic Quiz by olawalebabs(m): 4:01pm On Aug 07, 2011
Question 8: how many meccan surah are in the quran.
Re: Islamic Quiz by mukina2: 11:04pm On Aug 07, 2011
Re: Islamic Quiz by deols(f): 3:24am On Aug 08, 2011
deols:

Question 4.

Alaa (favour) is d name of a girl derived from a popular surah of the Qur'an. What is this surah?

mukina2:

Suratul Alaa? undecided  smiley

A'la of suratul A'la means the most high while Alaa(favour) is in suratul Rahman- Fabi ayyi aalaa i robbiquma tukazziban(which of the favors of your lord will you deny??)
Re: Islamic Quiz by deols(f): 3:43am On Aug 08, 2011
Question 9

who is the first female martyr in Islam
Re: Islamic Quiz by Araboy(m): 11:52am On Aug 08, 2011
9 - The first female martyr in Islam was Sumayyah Bint Khabat the wife of Yasir and mother of Ammar she was freed slave to Huthaifah and one of the first seven people to be enlightened by Islam ( Abu Bakr , ALI, Khadijah, Zaid , Sumayyah, Ammar , Bilal)
Those first companions were not all Qarachite or noble by the standard of the Arab society in that time Bilal Sumayyah and Zaid were slaves and Black but Islam is unique in the sense that Persons value does not depend on colour race language sex or nationality The norms are purity of  heart and goodwill towards all mankind as Allah says" Verily the most honourable of you with Allah is that (believer) who is most pious " Quran 49:13

1 Like

Re: Islamic Quiz by zayhal(f): 1:17pm On Aug 08, 2011
Interesting.
Re: Islamic Quiz by mukina2: 1:24pm On Aug 08, 2011
deols:

A'la of suratul A'la means the most high while Alaa(favour) is in suratul Rahman- Fabi ayyi aalaa i robbiquma tukazziban(which of the favors of your lord will you deny??)
thanks smiley
Re: Islamic Quiz by olawalebabs(m): 4:59pm On Aug 08, 2011
deols:

that is my signature
Re: Islamic Quiz by deols(f): 7:56pm On Aug 08, 2011
mukina2:

thanks smiley

u'r welcome kiss kiss
Re: Islamic Quiz by deols(f): 8:07pm On Aug 08, 2011
Question 10

How many Aayahs (verses) are in the glorious Qur'an?
Re: Islamic Quiz by mukina2: 9:28pm On Aug 08, 2011
6236 smiley
Re: Islamic Quiz by mukina2: 9:29pm On Aug 08, 2011
Question 11,

What other days besides Ramadan  can a muslim fast?
Re: Islamic Quiz by Araboy(m): 1:13pm On Aug 09, 2011
From what I know there are 5 days that is haram for Muslims to fast them the two Eids (EL Adha and El Fitr) and the three days of Tashriq( 11,12,and 13 of Dhul Hijja)
On other hand it is Mustahab (recommended ) to fast the following days
1- The 6 days of Shawal after Ramadan
2- Mondays and Thursdays
3-The white days of lunar months ( 13,14 15)
4- 15th of Shabaan
5-The day of Arafat (9th of Dhul hijja)
The only mandatory fasting is Ramadan which could be either 29 or 30 days each year
@ Mukina yew ana wer kor bi and tang bi ? xana nengedef se me jabar mann dema buga lek chep bu jin bu saf grin
Re: Islamic Quiz by mukina2: 6:04am On Aug 10, 2011
Hor bii mungi nii deh, defa tanga baay opa sad grin, yangii horr beparay yangi buga chep bu jen tedu? lol naka horr bi? smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Eid Mubarak! / Mermaids – Do They Exist Or Not? / What Islamic Scholars Said About Hell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.