Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,837 members, 7,810,219 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:30 AM

Islamic Quiz - Islam for Muslims (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Islamic Quiz (13274 Views)

NAIRALAND RAMADAN QUIZ COMPETITION / Quiz/Riddle Time: Can You Answer This? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Islamic Quiz by sino(m): 4:42pm On Apr 08, 2012
tbaba1234: ^Abdur-Rahman ibn Sakhr Al-Azdi

Tbaba, i thought his name was abd rahman ibn sakhr ad-dawsi? Or am i mixing things up hia?
Re: Islamic Quiz by deols(f): 5:01pm On Apr 08, 2012
Abujabir24:
52. Khadijah was 28 or 30 according to d narration.
53. You are asked to keep silent b/w d 2 sermons.

I haven't read the said narration. can you post a link to it?

to keep quiet is supposed to be throughout the sermon and not at a particular time. I'd like to have a reference to that too
Re: Islamic Quiz by tbaba1234: 5:03pm On Apr 08, 2012
sino:

Tbaba, i thought his name was abd rahman ibn sakhr ad-dawsi? Or am i mixing things up hia?

There are both correct:

He was a member of the tribe of Daws, a branch of that of Azd.
Re: Islamic Quiz by sino(m): 5:21pm On Apr 08, 2012
^ jazaks bro, now i get it.
Re: Islamic Quiz by deols(f): 9:10pm On Apr 30, 2012
Abujabir24: Salam this is the first time i am seeing this topic. Very interesting.
Q52. How old was Khadijah when she married the prophet?
Q53. There is a time between the two sermons the Imam delivers on friday. What are you asked to do/say during that time?

deols:
52. 40
53. to pray ?

Abujabir24:
Sorry sister you got my questions wrong. cry cry

Abujabir24:
52. Khadijah was 28 or 30 according to d narration.
53. You are asked to keep silent b/w d 2 sermons.
Abujabir24:
[quote author=tbaba1234]

52. According to Ibn Ishaq: Khadijah was 29 or so..... Bukhari has the age at forty.... Most people accept bukhari's version because it is a verified text.
didnt c ds last one earlier.

@AbuJabir, You need to come and prove what you said o.

I have always known Khadija to be forty years at marriage.
And sitting between sermon is a practice of the prophet aimed at resting. No prayer is mentioned to be said at this time. And keeping quiet is throughout the service. WaAllahu a'lam
Re: Islamic Quiz by deols(f): 9:38pm On Apr 30, 2012
54. the longest hadith is?
Re: Islamic Quiz by Abujabir24: 6:06pm On Jun 18, 2012
deols:

sorrry i have been in school. will post the proof on wednesday wen i get it. Insha Allah
Re: Islamic Quiz by Abujabir24: 6:07pm On Jun 18, 2012
deols: 54. the longest hadith is?
Is the Hadith of ummuna Aisha that contains the scandal against her.
Re: Islamic Quiz by olawalebabs(m): 6:51pm On Jun 19, 2012
so, this thread is back.
Re: Islamic Quiz by deols(f): 8:06pm On Jun 22, 2012
Abujabir24:
sorrry i have been in school. will post the proof on wednesday wen i get it. Insha Allah

i avnt read that hadith nor heard about it. I think the hadith is the one of angel Jubril. He appeared in human form, asked the prophet about Islam and when he left, the prophet told his sahabah, that was Jubril and he has come to teach you your religion.
Re: Islamic Quiz by Abujabir24: 3:58am On Jul 23, 2012
deols:

i avnt read that hadith nor heard about it. I think the hadith is the one of angel Jubril. He appeared in human form, asked the prophet about Islam and when he left, the prophet told his sahabah, that was Jubril and he has come to teach you your religion.
That hadith is not long. The scandal against aisha is the longest hadith i have read. The content of the hadith is, the slander against aisha by abdullah ibn ubaay ibn salul when he said aisha committed adultery with anoda sahaba.
Re: Islamic Quiz by Aolly(f): 12:32pm On Jul 31, 2012
Sallam,Just came across dis thread, nd i must confess i hav leant alot.kp d good wrk up............Q.55 in d third battle fouqht by d proh,who suggested that a trench shd b dig?(b).who did d compilation of d glorious quran?(c).at what age did d proh became an ophan...........deme
Re: Islamic Quiz by harmeenart(f): 9:03am On Sep 20, 2013
Assalam alaykum my fellow muslims.Its been a long break from here and I think we should resume o.Much thanks to deols for posting the link.
Q55.a)Salman alfirisy
b.)Abubarkr
c)four years
Re: Islamic Quiz by harmeenart(f): 11:09pm On Sep 20, 2013
Q.56)If I join the first rakah on rukuh,aw do I go about it.Am I to repay the rakah or just complete the salah with the imam?
Re: Islamic Quiz by Nobody: 3:17am On Sep 21, 2013
A56] if one joins at any point till ruku, one has met that rakah, so no need to make up. - just colete wif imam.
#however shud note, one shud stand nd make opening takbir first b4 joining salat.
Re: Islamic Quiz by harmeenart(f): 9:00am On Sep 21, 2013
ibit-abid-qudrt:
A56] if one joins at any point till ruku, one has met that rakah, so no need to make up. - just colete wif imam.
#however shud note, one shud stand nd make opening takbir first b4 joining salat.
Correct!!!
To add to it,one could also make up the rakah back.Majority of the scholars are of the opinion that you dont repay the rakah because of the hadith of the companion that joined the salah on rukuh.The prophet didnt tell him to repay the salah.He cautioned him not to do it again.
A minority of the scholars are of the opinion that he has missed the rakah and has to repay it based on the fact that standing(qiyyam) is a wajib part of the salah,and some other evidences.
So whichever suits one,one should go with it.And Allah knows best.
You get to ask the next question. wink
Re: Islamic Quiz by harmeenart(f): 9:02am On Sep 21, 2013
ibit-abid-qudrt:
Correct!!!
To add to it,one could also make up the rakah back.Majority of the scholars are of the opinion that you dont repay the rakah because of the hadith of the companion that joined the salah on rukuh.The prophet didnt tell him to repay the salah.He cautioned him not to do it again.
A minority of the scholars are of the opinion that he has missed the rakah and has to repay it based on the fact that standing(qiyyam) is a wajib part of the salah,and some other evidences.
So whichever suits one,one should go with it.And Allah knows best.
You get to ask the next question. wink
Re: Islamic Quiz by Nobody: 11:31am On Sep 21, 2013
Assalam alaykum,
kk, jst continueing on that then,
so , in a situation when one comes in and the imam is in sujud, what does one do. join the prayer or wait till the imam rises for another rakah or start one's own salat considering that raka does not count?
Re: Islamic Quiz by harmeenart(f): 5:34pm On Sep 21, 2013
ibit-abid-qudrt:
Assalam alaykum,
kk, jst continueing on that then,
so , in a situation when one comes in and the imam is in sujud, what does one do. join the prayer or wait till the imam rises for another rakah or start one's own salat considering that raka does not count?
Wa alaykum salam.
In dis case,you make tekbiratul ihram and join the imam.After d imam finishes the solah,u rise up and bring back the rakah u joined on sujud and say,all the other ones missed.
Re: Islamic Quiz by Nobody: 8:48am On Sep 22, 2013
u got it rite. sis harmeenart

if the congregation is in sujud, the person should join after making the opening takbeer(while standing) but still has to make up that rakah , cos its till ruku tat one is counted to have met the rakah.
in whichever position the imam is in, one should join. because of a hadith regarding that ( i was searching for it but i couldnt get it now, if there's anyone that has d full wording of the hadith, pls share...)
the hadith said something like, we should join at any point the congregation is in as it is an act of worship and reverence for Allah, nd thus we should participate in it nd not deny it (sorry 've jst got d rough meaning here.)

thus: one should join the congregation,not wait till the imam rises nd not start one's salat on one's own..

i dont know , so i'm sppsd to pass it back to the person who answered rite?
Re: Islamic Quiz by harmeenart(f): 9:31am On Sep 22, 2013
Nybody can ask the next question as long as the previous question has been answered.I dont have any question for now.
If u av a question,[b]U AV D FLOOR[\b] grin
Re: Islamic Quiz by omoerelu1: 1:32pm On Jun 05, 2015
salaam alaykum brethren.pls lets revive this thread.i came across it today and it was educative.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Eid Mubarak! / Why Islam Is A Religion Of Peace / Do You Observe Your 5 Daily Salat?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.