Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,304 members, 7,811,899 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:47 PM

Breaking News-sam Loco Efe Is Dead Yesterday 6th Aug In His Hotel Room At Owerri - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Breaking News-sam Loco Efe Is Dead Yesterday 6th Aug In His Hotel Room At Owerri (41955 Views)

Funny Picture Of Sam Loco, Makes Us Laugh Even In Death / Photo Of P-square Chilling With Awilo Longomba In His Hotel Room / ‘The Resident’ Hotel: Osita Iheme Set To Unveil His Hotel In Owerri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking News-sam Loco Efe Is Dead Yesterday 6th Aug In His Hotel Room At Owerri by werepeLeri: 4:38pm On Aug 07, 2011
Na true
Re: Breaking News-sam Loco Efe Is Dead Yesterday 6th Aug In His Hotel Room At Owerri by futocomn: 4:39pm On Aug 07, 2011
Efe: At long last, NLNG paid me back for what the federal government of Nigeria did not do. Because if you look at what the NLNG said, they said they went back to the archives and found that this was the man who did Nigeria proud thirty something years ago. So, when I read what they wrote about me – I didn’t write that about myself, I felt so proud and I shed tears of joy. I’ve received awards several times but this was the first where I thought excellence was put at the front, first and foremost, and it was a unanimous decision by their judges.
Re: Breaking News-sam Loco Efe Is Dead Yesterday 6th Aug In His Hotel Room At Owerri by werepeLeri: 4:39pm On Aug 07, 2011
but how romantic is this topic to find its way to the romance section?
Re: Breaking News-sam Loco Efe Is Dead Yesterday 6th Aug In His Hotel Room At Owerri by futocomn: 4:40pm On Aug 07, 2011
Nigeriamovies.net: You didn’t solicit for it?
Efe: I didn’t even know until I received a letter saying come, we will make you a special guest of honour. When I got there, I said well, I’ve just taken my pride of place. I thank them.
Nigeriamovies.net: Did you set out to become an actor?
Efe: From the beginning, yes. But that question has a two pronged approach. In primary school, I was fascinated by the word, Political Science. But I found that in my quest for excellence in Political Science, I probably, inadvertently, went into acting. I was in standard six when I did my first show on stage. I was the first Nigerian, I think, who produced, directed and acted a live show in Nigeria. That was in 1960 when I did Julius Ceaser. The district officer for Abakaliki province was in attendance. But it was a competition meant for higher institutions. We inadvertently put in for it. We came last.
Nigeriamovies.net: There’s a noticeable trend about Nigerian films these days. Ghanaians now feature in Nigerian films. Why is that so?
Re: Breaking News-sam Loco Efe Is Dead Yesterday 6th Aug In His Hotel Room At Owerri by futocomn: 4:41pm On Aug 07, 2011
Efe: I wouldn’t know, to be honest. I’m not a producer. I can only hazard a guess. Some Nigerian businessmen believe that the end justifies the means. They don’t care how that end comes. I think they want to widen their tentacles. Nigerian market is getting narrow and unsafe due to piracy. So, if you want to sell both in Nigeria and Ghana, you go and bring Ghana artistes to supplement. Now, some have even started going as far as Sierra Leone. Some even induce musicians to come and act. So that when you sell only five thousand copies in Nigeria, you may even sell ten thousand copies in Freetown. It’s not too healthy but that’s what they’ve been doing.
Nigeriamovies.net: But they invariably put our own people out of job, and that concept ‘‘wholy Nigerian’’ is perhaps being eroded.
Efe: That’s right. The whole thing is now a chemistry of sorts. And it’s all money driven.
Re: Breaking News-sam Loco Efe Is Dead Yesterday 6th Aug In His Hotel Room At Owerri by futocomn: 4:46pm On Aug 07, 2011
Breaking News-sam Loco Efe Is Dead Yesterday 6th Aug In His Hotel Room At Owerri
Re: Breaking News-sam Loco Efe Is Dead Yesterday 6th Aug In His Hotel Room At Owerri by chibaby5(f): 4:48pm On Aug 07, 2011
Oh goshh I dnt wanna beliv its true  sad sad sad
Re: Breaking News-sam Loco Efe Is Dead Yesterday 6th Aug In His Hotel Room At Owerri by BABE3: 4:48pm On Aug 07, 2011
sad Bummer! RIP.
Re: Breaking News-sam Loco Efe Is Dead Yesterday 6th Aug In His Hotel Room At Owerri by EFCC1(m): 4:49pm On Aug 07, 2011
R.I.P Sam
Re: Breaking News-sam Loco Efe Is Dead Yesterday 6th Aug In His Hotel Room At Owerri by aloyemeka2: 4:52pm On Aug 07, 2011
His family lives in the United States and they will be shocked this money. Too sad that he didn't live long enough to touch many lives. May his soul rest in peace.

embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Breaking News-sam Loco Efe Is Dead Yesterday 6th Aug In His Hotel Room At Owerri by folahann(m): 4:55pm On Aug 07, 2011
Even though i hate nollywood films, Sam Loco is one of the reasons i watched a bit of local movies. He had a very good sense of humor.
Re: Breaking News-sam Loco Efe Is Dead Yesterday 6th Aug In His Hotel Room At Owerri by chibaby5(f): 4:56pm On Aug 07, 2011
cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Breaking News-sam Loco Efe Is Dead Yesterday 6th Aug In His Hotel Room At Owerri by Osama10(m): 4:57pm On Aug 07, 2011
So sad.
Re: Breaking News-sam Loco Efe Is Dead Yesterday 6th Aug In His Hotel Room At Owerri by futocomn: 4:58pm On Aug 07, 2011
His family lives in the United States and they will be shocked this money.

ENGLISH COULD BE THIS HARD
Re: Breaking News-sam Loco Efe Is Dead Yesterday 6th Aug In His Hotel Room At Owerri by Sike(m): 5:00pm On Aug 07, 2011
Sam Loco!!! Haaaaaaaaaa. O ma shey o.
Re: Breaking News-sam Loco Efe Is Dead Yesterday 6th Aug In His Hotel Room At Owerri by futocomn: 5:04pm On Aug 07, 2011
Nigeriamovies.net: There has been this lingering crisis in the actors guild. You hear of different groups here and there. What’s really the situation?
Efe: The AGN, Actors Guild of Nigeria, is like PDP. It’s a big party, so there must be crisis, you know (laughs). PDP is still in crisis even today that the party’s flagbearer Goodluck Jonathan, has emerged as presidential candidate. So, I think it’s the same thing that’s happening to AGN. And unfortunately, we the senior stakeholders are either discouraged, or we don’t have the will power to wade into these problems. But there’s also a generational shift which brings about change. But we must be very careful as we seek a solution to the crisis. Part of the problem was that the AGN wanted a paradign shift. Along the line, the young boys came in and these young boys have a problem; they are over exuberant. It’s unfortunate. When they come, they say, “oh, we are the youths.” But give them a chance, they go and mess up the whole thing. If the younger ones cannot even sit down and dialogue as one, then something is wrong.
Re: Breaking News-sam Loco Efe Is Dead Yesterday 6th Aug In His Hotel Room At Owerri by futocomn: 5:05pm On Aug 07, 2011
Nigeriamovies.net: The Nollywood industry has been lamenting that government hasn’t been assisting them. Suddenly, we hear that government has facilitated a N200 million fund for the industry. How do you feel about it ?
Efe: I feel very defeated. I feel damn sad. I feel insulted. I feel assaulted. 200 million Naira is not even up to the budget of a good film in the US. So, what are we talking about? And the money is not only for the film industry. Mind you, it’s for the entertainment industry. Divide it and subdivide, how much will come to the actors guild. However, I have always maintained that government has nothing to do with the industry.
Nigeriamovies.net: But many of your colleagues have always argued for government support.
Efe: That’s their own opinion. The support we need is for the government to stamp out piracy. They have the wherewithal to do that. If you jail two Idumota based guys, this thing will stop. A man who is 49 years and you jail him for 60 years, he will not come out anymore. Others will take caution. Does it, for instance, not prick your conscience that a country of about 140 million cannot sell ten thousand copies in their own country. Ten thousand is like Ogui area of Enugu or Aguda of Lagos. In a country of 140 million population, why can’t we sell 4 million?
Nigeriamovies.net: Do you ever hope to quit acting someday?
Efe: It is difficult to quit acting because, all over the world you don’t quit acting except you are dead. If you are playing a man of 80, then you need an old man to act the role of an 80-year-old. You can’t take a young man and make him look 80; it’s difficult because your voice or acting style may betray you. So, acting is a place where everybody has a role to play along the line. But, because I personally have been around consistently since 1960, I’m now planning to build a farm in Abakaliki where I cut my teeth, where I hope to go into aquaculture, teleculture, grasscutter farming, piggery, poultry and fishery. Although I’m from Udeni, in Uhumwode local government area of Edo State, I lived my early years in Abakaliki. By this time next year, I would have gone into semi retirement. That’s to say I would now become a passive actor, not an active one. Once in a while, I will just come out and share ideas with the younger ones.
Re: Breaking News-sam Loco Efe Is Dead Yesterday 6th Aug In His Hotel Room At Owerri by Madukaele(m): 5:08pm On Aug 07, 2011
whats dis doing in romance section? and i posted the topic first angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Breaking News-sam Loco Efe Is Dead Yesterday 6th Aug In His Hotel Room At Owerri by futocomn: 5:10pm On Aug 07, 2011
Nigeriamovies.net: How rich are you?
Efe: I’m rich enough to pick up the bills of my children and my grand children, my nephews and my nieces and friends who are less privileged. I was a victim of poverty. I spent almost ten years in Primary School due to lack of money. I went through hell. Even when I later gained a two year scholarship in college, it was a lot of struggle. So, these days, when I see somebody genuinely in need, from the little I have, I offer support. I’ve told people that, anytime I die, in my epithat, just write something there: this man lived so well, that even in death, the undertaker is very sad.
Written by Anthony Akaeze
Re: Breaking News-sam Loco Efe Is Dead Yesterday 6th Aug In His Hotel Room At Owerri by executinal(m): 5:13pm On Aug 07, 2011
futocomn:

ENGLISH COULD BE THIS HARD
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Breaking News-sam Loco Efe Is Dead Yesterday 6th Aug In His Hotel Room At Owerri by Andrew3(m): 5:13pm On Aug 07, 2011
sam loco dead? that must be a circumstantial fallacy of an argument-um em-pericardia
Re: Breaking News-sam Loco Efe Is Dead Yesterday 6th Aug In His Hotel Room At Owerri by POTUT(m): 5:14pm On Aug 07, 2011
RIP, Sam Loco. We appreciate your life and , just speechless.

We'll see again at the resurrection.
Re: Breaking News-sam Loco Efe Is Dead Yesterday 6th Aug In His Hotel Room At Owerri by yeye4live(m): 5:16pm On Aug 07, 2011
to my big friend, rest in peace
Re: Breaking News-sam Loco Efe Is Dead Yesterday 6th Aug In His Hotel Room At Owerri by Ibomade1: 5:19pm On Aug 07, 2011
Oh what a shame. A rear gem
I will always remember Ego, I want to harvest you.
Look at yah defence mechanism

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLQT1GPKfCQ

1 Like

Re: Breaking News-sam Loco Efe Is Dead Yesterday 6th Aug In His Hotel Room At Owerri by Niyi6(m): 5:20pm On Aug 07, 2011
May his gentle soul RIP
Re: Breaking News-sam Loco Efe Is Dead Yesterday 6th Aug In His Hotel Room At Owerri by teeluv(m): 5:21pm On Aug 07, 2011
::Andrew:::

sam loco dead? that must be a circumstantial fallacy of an argument-um em-pericardia    

guy wetin??, to say RIP dey hard?.

RIP sam loco efe,
Re: Breaking News-sam Loco Efe Is Dead Yesterday 6th Aug In His Hotel Room At Owerri by chibaby5(f): 5:22pm On Aug 07, 2011
Ibo-made:

Oh what a shame. A rear gem
I will always remember Ego, I want to harvest you.
Look at yah defence mechanism

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLQT1GPKfCQ

Awwwwww sad sad sad cry
Re: Breaking News-sam Loco Efe Is Dead Yesterday 6th Aug In His Hotel Room At Owerri by Nobody: 5:26pm On Aug 07, 2011
May his soul rest in peace.
Re: Breaking News-sam Loco Efe Is Dead Yesterday 6th Aug In His Hotel Room At Owerri by Nobody: 5:28pm On Aug 07, 2011
Oh! Those hopeless Owerri Harlots have succeeded in taking AWOL the life of a Legend!! angry angry
Re: Breaking News-sam Loco Efe Is Dead Yesterday 6th Aug In His Hotel Room At Owerri by vwvw(m): 5:29pm On Aug 07, 2011
a real sad loss, one of the best, he was humorous and multi linguistic in a crazy way, his contributions were often overlooked but peeps he was absolutely one of the best with a great heart.once u saw his name on the covers of any movie then u were assured a great buy. Touching piece, the movienet piece i like part of his epitaph simply loco efe, thats his response
Re: Breaking News-sam Loco Efe Is Dead Yesterday 6th Aug In His Hotel Room At Owerri by duchessemi(f): 5:35pm On Aug 07, 2011
Rest in peace sam, we love u but GOd loves u best! sad sad
Re: Breaking News-sam Loco Efe Is Dead Yesterday 6th Aug In His Hotel Room At Owerri by Nobody: 5:37pm On Aug 07, 2011
Very sad to learn of Sam Loco's death. May his soul rest in peace, he'll be sorely missed by many.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FFK Reacts To Onwuzuligbo Nneka Miriam Who Died Due To Buttocks Enlargement / "I Didn't Say I Was Done" - Omawumi Shares Sultry Photo / Henry Onyeka Nwankwo Shot In Spine By Soldier: Angela Okorie Seeks Support

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.