Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,389 members, 7,861,083 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:32 PM

What Does State Uni Stand To Gain From ASUU Strike - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Does State Uni Stand To Gain From ASUU Strike (465 Views)

Kano State Uni Is Developing A Robot To Carry Out Domestic Chores / Benue State Uni Bans Mini-Skirts, Dreadlocks, Armless Shirts, Others / 5 Categories Of Students Who Will Benefit From ASUU Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does State Uni Stand To Gain From ASUU Strike by Godoverevery: 9:58am On Aug 25, 2022
I don't get the rational behind state Universities involved in this strike.

This are my questions

If FG should agree to ASUU demand today this only applies for federal Universities or is it applicable to all universities in nigeria.

State universities pay high tuition fees compare to federal universities so are state universities no meant to channel there demands to there respective governments.

Are ASUU state universities chapter negotiating with governors of there states aswell because whatever FG approve are they ready to approve as well.

We all know state governments cannot fund universities like FG so won't this lead to another crises.

I need someone to clarify things please.
Re: What Does State Uni Stand To Gain From ASUU Strike by Onucs(m): 9:59am On Aug 25, 2022
Plenty rest for the lecturers. Nothing else
Re: What Does State Uni Stand To Gain From ASUU Strike by Godoverevery: 10:07am On Aug 25, 2022
Onucs:
Plenty rest for the lecturers. Nothing else

I finished from lautech......during the numerous strike we experienced back then not for once did FG got involved.

Now lautech is involved in a strike that i feel they have nothing to gain from.

1 Like

Re: What Does State Uni Stand To Gain From ASUU Strike by edogu(m): 1:10pm On Aug 25, 2022
I'm sure you must have heard about revitalisation fund. These funds are not meant not federal universities alone. The TETFUND most states' universities enjoy today were outcome of ASUU's agitation.

After the strike, whatever agreement reached by federal universities with FG, will serve as a yardstick when states' universities are negotiating with their individual employer.

Btw, do you know that polytechnics and colleges earn more than university's staff.

Do you know that River State Government pay state University staff more than the federal University staff.
Re: What Does State Uni Stand To Gain From ASUU Strike by Godoverevery: 2:07pm On Aug 25, 2022
edogu:
I'm sure you must have heard about revitalisation fund. These funds are not meant not federal universities alone. The TETFUND most states' universities enjoy today were outcome of ASUU's agitation.

After the strike, whatever agreement reached by federal universities with FG, will serve as a yardstick when states' universities are negotiating with their individual employer.

Btw, do you know that polytechnics and colleges earn more than university's staff.

Do you know that River State Government pay state University staff more than the federal University staff.

Ok

Just this quick question.

When state universities have issues with the state government how come the whole body don't go on strike.

I finished from lautech.....when our lecturer were have issues with the oyo and osun state going on numerous strikes....why didn't the whole body of ASUU join the strike??

Tetfund my foot....how many projects did tetfund execute in lautech compare to unilag.

River state is paying more but most lecturers will prefer a federal universities job to state.....what am I missing??

(1) (Reply)

Systemic Changes In The Nigerian Educational System / . / UNILAG School Fees Increases From 16k To 140k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.