Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,499 members, 7,823,167 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:29 AM

How Did You Come About Your Username? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How Did You Come About Your Username? (1188 Views)

Interprete Your Username / Why Did You Choose Your Username? / How Did You Come About Nl? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Did You Come About Your Username? by maasoap(m): 11:00am On Aug 08, 2011
I'm aware of the fact that thousands of people have registered on Nairaland to enable them participate in social forum discussions. But something really fascinates me here and that's different usernames, while some are interesting, some are annoying. At times, you would find it difficult to pronounce some usernames correctly. I'm MAASOAP which means: Master Azeez Abdul Semiu Oladele Alade Prince. Let's know how you came about your username. Thanks.
Re: How Did You Come About Your Username? by maasoap(m): 11:07am On Aug 08, 2011
Let's know how creative you are.
Re: How Did You Come About Your Username? by Emmyk(m): 12:01pm On Aug 08, 2011
Emmyk- from my two names Emmanuel Kolawole
Re: How Did You Come About Your Username? by Tosinville(m): 4:31pm On Aug 08, 2011
Am a die hard Nelly fan yrs ago & there's this album i love so much from him which is 'Nellyville' then i decided to come up with to Tosin ville and my real name is Tosin so dats how my id keep existing till date thru Nelly album hehe!

Now T.I. rocks lol
Re: How Did You Come About Your Username? by Adonike(m): 7:01pm On Aug 08, 2011
Na my surname I use, "Adonike".
Re: How Did You Come About Your Username? by iice(f): 3:49am On Aug 09, 2011
A shortened nickname given to me in my youth.
Re: How Did You Come About Your Username? by obowunmi(m): 10:28am On Aug 09, 2011
I love puss -- so decided to show my love to the obo
Re: How Did You Come About Your Username? by Emmyk(m): 1:47am On Aug 10, 2011
Haha. Ur crazy
Re: How Did You Come About Your Username? by mirob(f): 9:53am On Aug 10, 2011
mine is mirabel obi so I shortend them to mirob.
Re: How Did You Come About Your Username? by nanidee(f): 12:35pm On Aug 10, 2011
@ OP, I like your thread.

Back to the topic, I've wonder at times too, as to how some came about their user names. Anyway, personally, I used to like the Nancy Drew series, so when I wwanted to sign up, I thought long and hard, and decided to shorten Nancy Drew to Nanidee :d

So, that's my story.
Re: How Did You Come About Your Username? by nonnyp(f): 3:26am On Aug 11, 2011
Mine came 4rm my 2 names nonye and precious.
Re: How Did You Come About Your Username? by davidayo: 8:37am On Aug 11, 2011
wanted to open an email for my friend back then in 2004 but he could not even use the computer his name is rapo. since then, i have adopted the name. my id was ones rapo23401 later chaned to rapo7000. and has since stuck.
Re: How Did You Come About Your Username? by obowunmi(m): 11:19am On Aug 11, 2011
Where did davidayo come from ?
Re: How Did You Come About Your Username? by SAFO(m): 6:39pm On Aug 11, 2011
Edit
Re: How Did You Come About Your Username? by olawalebabs(m): 5:27pm On Nov 23, 2011
I got it from my name Olawale Babatunde
Re: How Did You Come About Your Username? by greedie1(f): 7:07pm On Nov 23, 2011
i tried registering wit my 2 nicks but someone had already used it, i was frustrated tryin to tink up a name nd suddenly it clicked--- maybe cz i was listening to d song at dat time. I coined Gree-die from ruff coin's ( an eastern musician)song NWA ABA. Most ple mistake it 4 greedy and im not pleased abt it, Its gree-die asin ginger
Re: How Did You Come About Your Username? by ketori(f): 12:54pm On Nov 24, 2011
obowunmi:

I love puss -- so decided to show my love to the obo

@obowunmi, u r dying small small anyway u know u came through dat place to dis world and definitely, i be na lo ma gba lo, omo ale jatijati, mstchewwwwwwww
Re: How Did You Come About Your Username? by igbo2011(m): 2:43pm On Nov 24, 2011
I am Igbo and I made this account in 2011
Re: How Did You Come About Your Username? by BootyOnMe: 11:44pm On Nov 27, 2011
Listening to and watching my co-workers dancing to this song at work!

I like the way you wind that 'booty-booty on me'! cool

[flash=500,500]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHh2rreLR4s[/flash]
Re: How Did You Come About Your Username? by obowunmi(m): 5:31am On Nov 29, 2011
@ketori: r u ugly ?

(1) (Reply)

Easy Way To Program Your Mind For Success! / Peeps; Dont Call Another's Pix Ugly If Urs Aint On Display / Meet Barrack Obama's Step Brother Who Lives In A Slum In Nairobi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.