Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,171 members, 7,811,400 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:58 AM

Tobi Amira: Moniepoint Processes $7 Billion Dollars Monthly In Nigeria (Video) - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Tobi Amira: Moniepoint Processes $7 Billion Dollars Monthly In Nigeria (Video) (15694 Views)

Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema / Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,382/$ After $7 Billion FOREX Settlement / Abdulsamad Rabiu Becomes Nigeria’s Second Richest Man, Now Worth $7.2 Billion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tobi Amira: Moniepoint Processes $7 Billion Dollars Monthly In Nigeria (Video) by AnonPoet: 8:52pm On Aug 26, 2022
How Moniepoint Processes $7 Billion Dollars Monthly in Nigeria - Interview with Fisayo Fosudo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lbb1vLpNfaM

Fintech is one of the fastest-growing sectors in Nigeria, and it’s inspiring to see players in the space create efficient payment systems and infrastructure despite the many setbacks on the landscape. One of the leading names in Nigeria is Moniepoint, a Nigerian fintech that provides banking solutions to enable businesses to collect payments, access loans, manage operations and ultimately grow their business.

On this episode of The Leaderboard, Fisayo Fosudo sits with Tobi Amira, Vice President of Moniepoint, to discuss the brand vision, growth, challenges, and how they process over $7 billion every month.

Moniepoint started out building products for banks—mostly POS systems—and ended up leveraging the knowledge and relationships they’d gathered to create better solutions than the existing ones.

Tobi talks about the gradual expansion of the services Moniepoint offers, and how the brand came to be a holistic financial solution—moving from simply sending and receiving payments to offering credit and business operations management services.

Financial inclusion isn’t just another fintech buzzword to Moniepoint. Tobi explains how the real path to financial inclusion is reducing poverty, not creating digital products. He also touches on how Moniepoint’s brand values and work cultures create opportunities for their employees and customers to truly improve their financial status and subsequently, the quality of their lives.

The Lagos Syndrome: In many ways, Lagos is to Nigeria what the USA is to the world. Businesses in Lagos tend to focus solely on the Lagos consumer base, and service the rest of the population by the same standards. But Lagos is only one state out of 36—it’s not an accurate depiction of the entire country. Tobi talks about the illusion of saturation, and how Moniepoint looked beyond the Lagos market to reach the underserved in other parts of the country.

Tobi also hits on how Moniepoint is building customer loyalty by prioritizing transparency with customers, which sets them apart in an industry with low trust. So much so that it’s become the word on the street that “if Moniepoint is not working, no other POS will.”

Businesses face challenges everywhere, but there are unique obstacles to doing business in Nigeria. Tobi shares how Moniepoint navigates the hurdles, and mentions that the brand’s products are tailored for the landscape. For example, the POS machines are optimized to work even in areas with poor internet.

Tobi shares the criteria for selecting businesses who can take advantage of their credit services, how 5 million naira is available to eligible business owners in loans, and and how they manage risk and defaulters.

Do you use a Moniepoint POS or have you seen one? Do share your thoughts.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tobi Amira: Moniepoint Processes $7 Billion Dollars Monthly In Nigeria (Video) by Nobody: 4:07am On Aug 27, 2022
I love the statement 'lagos is to Nigeria what USA is to the world'
Thanks to Lagos landlord jagaban of lagos....

APC to ASO ROCK 2023

39 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tobi Amira: Moniepoint Processes $7 Billion Dollars Monthly In Nigeria (Video) by God1000(m): 4:07am On Aug 27, 2022
Good, ideas rule the world, we must continue to brainstorm

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tobi Amira: Moniepoint Processes $7 Billion Dollars Monthly In Nigeria (Video) by Jeffy1206(m): 4:07am On Aug 27, 2022
Great idea works great results

1 Like

Re: Tobi Amira: Moniepoint Processes $7 Billion Dollars Monthly In Nigeria (Video) by KUNZEH(m): 4:08am On Aug 27, 2022
sad
Re: Tobi Amira: Moniepoint Processes $7 Billion Dollars Monthly In Nigeria (Video) by Jeffy1206(m): 4:08am On Aug 27, 2022
God1000:
T
what's T angry

2 Likes

Re: Tobi Amira: Moniepoint Processes $7 Billion Dollars Monthly In Nigeria (Video) by stevnwigw1: 4:08am On Aug 27, 2022
I hope they pay tax to the govts

1 Like

Re: Tobi Amira: Moniepoint Processes $7 Billion Dollars Monthly In Nigeria (Video) by Jeffy1206(m): 4:08am On Aug 27, 2022
081087n:
cheesy
what's funny angry
Re: Tobi Amira: Moniepoint Processes $7 Billion Dollars Monthly In Nigeria (Video) by faithfull18(f): 4:09am On Aug 27, 2022
A good one. Moniepoint is quite popular and I like that young people are taking the bulls by the horn and doing amazing things.

9 Likes

Re: Tobi Amira: Moniepoint Processes $7 Billion Dollars Monthly In Nigeria (Video) by Staphylococcus: 4:10am On Aug 27, 2022
Comedy!

Mods should please move to jokes sections.

6 Likes

Re: Tobi Amira: Moniepoint Processes $7 Billion Dollars Monthly In Nigeria (Video) by mrkings84(m): 4:11am On Aug 27, 2022
SO MUCH MONEY HERE

1 Like

Re: Tobi Amira: Moniepoint Processes $7 Billion Dollars Monthly In Nigeria (Video) by Nobody: 4:12am On Aug 27, 2022
AnonPoet:
How Moniepoint Processes $7 Billion Dollars Monthly in Nigeria - Interview with Fisayo Fosudo:

Fintech is one of the fastest-growing sectors in Nigeria, and it’s inspiring to see players in the space create efficient payment systems and infrastructure despite the many setbacks on the landscape. One of the leading names in Nigeria is Moniepoint, a Nigerian fintech that provides banking solutions to enable businesses to collect payments, access loans, manage operations and ultimately grow their business.

On this episode of The Leaderboard, Fisayo Fosudo sits with Tobi Amira, Vice President of Moniepoint, to discuss the brand vision, growth, challenges, and how they process over $7 billion every month.

Moniepoint started out building products for banks—mostly POS systems—and ended up leveraging the knowledge and relationships they’d gathered to create better solutions than the existing ones.

Tobi talks about the gradual expansion of the services Moniepoint offers, and how the brand came to be a holistic financial solution—moving from simply sending and receiving payments to offering credit and business operations management services.

Financial inclusion isn’t just another fintech buzzword to Moniepoint. Tobi explains how the real path to financial inclusion is reducing poverty, not creating digital products. He also touches on how Moniepoint’s brand values and work cultures create opportunities for their employees and customers to truly improve their financial status and subsequently, the quality of their lives.

The Lagos Syndrome: In many ways, Lagos is to Nigeria what the USA is to the world. Businesses in Lagos tend to focus solely on the Lagos consumer base, and service the rest of the population by the same standards. But Lagos is only one state out of 36—it’s not an accurate depiction of the entire country. Tobi talks about the illusion of saturation, and how Moniepoint looked beyond the Lagos market to reach the underserved in other parts of the country.

Tobi also hits on how Moniepoint is building customer loyalty by prioritizing transparency with customers, which sets them apart in an industry with low trust. So much so that it’s become the word on the street that “if Moniepoint is not working, no other POS will.”

Businesses face challenges everywhere, but there are unique obstacles to doing business in Nigeria. Tobi shares how Moniepoint navigates the hurdles, and mentions that the brand’s products are tailored for the landscape. For example, the POS machines are optimized to work even in areas with poor internet.

Tobi shares the criteria for selecting businesses who can take advantage of their credit services, how 5 million naira is available to eligible business owners in loans, and and how they manage risk and defaulters.

Do you use a Moniepoint POS or have you seen one? Do share your thoughts.

Where's Anambra of AfghanAEASTERN
grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Tobi Amira: Moniepoint Processes $7 Billion Dollars Monthly In Nigeria (Video) by xpressionx(m): 4:12am On Aug 27, 2022
081087n:

APC to ASO ROCK 2023

Lagos

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tobi Amira: Moniepoint Processes $7 Billion Dollars Monthly In Nigeria (Video) by smile11s(m): 4:15am On Aug 27, 2022
081087n:

APC to ASO ROCK 2023

Tinubu is a great grandpa. Get sense for once

15 Likes

Re: Tobi Amira: Moniepoint Processes $7 Billion Dollars Monthly In Nigeria (Video) by Nobody: 4:15am On Aug 27, 2022
xpressionx:

Lagos
People like you don't move forward in life. As you see everything negative, try seeing the positives also..
Peace

7 Likes

Re: Tobi Amira: Moniepoint Processes $7 Billion Dollars Monthly In Nigeria (Video) by Nobody: 4:16am On Aug 27, 2022
smile11s:

Tinubu is a great grandpa. Get sense for once
If you lack sense blame your dull Brain, I'm not the reason for your mumuness

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tobi Amira: Moniepoint Processes $7 Billion Dollars Monthly In Nigeria (Video) by Rememberdeath: 4:17am On Aug 27, 2022
7 Billion dollars.. is this possible?

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tobi Amira: Moniepoint Processes $7 Billion Dollars Monthly In Nigeria (Video) by xpressionx(m): 4:18am On Aug 27, 2022
081087n:

People like you don't move forward in life. As you see everything negative, try seeing the positives also..
Peace

The positive side is that you can never see that kind of place in Anambra.

People like you don't succeed on life because of peddling falsehood

3 Likes

Re: Tobi Amira: Moniepoint Processes $7 Billion Dollars Monthly In Nigeria (Video) by Nobody: 4:20am On Aug 27, 2022
xpressionx:

Hahaha Anambra the land of bins of pray your life be like Anambra in comparison to lagos.. grin cheesy
I can see why ppl like you are yet to make it in life tongue wink

2 Likes

Re: Tobi Amira: Moniepoint Processes $7 Billion Dollars Monthly In Nigeria (Video) by Robnectar(m): 4:21am On Aug 27, 2022
xpressionx:

Re: Tobi Amira: Moniepoint Processes $7 Billion Dollars Monthly In Nigeria (Video) by xpressionx(m): 4:26am On Aug 27, 2022
081087n:

Hahaha Anambra the land of bins of pray your life be like Anambra in comparison to lagos.. grin cheesy
I can see why ppl like you are yet to make it in life tongue wink

It's local idiotic mentality to use lagos as a benchmark as a developed city.
2nd most dangerous city to live in the world.

You see why poverty has finished your life?

When we talk about cities we want Nigeria to be like,we talk dubai,Paris,Milan or even Miami.

You are here with your local champion mentality seeing lagos as a mega city.
BTW the little things in lag were built by the military and ambode.
Yet your biased mindset has credited it to a man whose immediate family has made you live in penury.

Peter Obi will win and salvage thus country for us all.
I know you don't want to move forward, but I bind that spirit on your behalf.

8 Likes

Re: Tobi Amira: Moniepoint Processes $7 Billion Dollars Monthly In Nigeria (Video) by alizma: 4:26am On Aug 27, 2022
For Rivers na Opay get the larger share of that market.

1 Like

Re: Tobi Amira: Moniepoint Processes $7 Billion Dollars Monthly In Nigeria (Video) by HenryTimes: 4:31am On Aug 27, 2022
081087n:

APC to ASO ROCK 2023

Lagos don get many Governors before Tinubu and many after Tinubu. Jakande did more work than Tinubu.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tobi Amira: Moniepoint Processes $7 Billion Dollars Monthly In Nigeria (Video) by Nobody: 4:37am On Aug 27, 2022
xpressionx:

It's local idiotic mentality to use lagos as a benchmark as a developed city.
2nd most dangerous city to live in the world.

You see why poverty has finished your life?

When we talk about cities we want Nigeria to be like,we talk dubai,Paris,Milan or even Miami.

You are here with your local champion mentality seeing lagos as a mega city.
BTW the little things in lag were built by the military and ambode.
Yet your biased mindset has credited it to a man whose immediate family has made you live in penury.

Peter Obi will win and salvage thus country for us all.
I know you don't want to move forward, but I bind that spirit on your behalf.
For voting obi it's obvious you want to remain in the same poverty you have been..a word is enough for the wise...

If you live the kind of life am living if your have traveled like me or been to where I have been you won't be here likening me to poverty follow person wey sabi road..
You like it or not na logos landlord dey win 2023 election, already settled in heaven. tongue

It's not too late to join the winning team, as you vote APC for 2023 may your life improve for food Amen

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tobi Amira: Moniepoint Processes $7 Billion Dollars Monthly In Nigeria (Video) by Nobody: 4:41am On Aug 27, 2022
Rememberdeath:
7 Billion dollars.. is this possible?

I doubt it is possible. The guy is literally claiming they process more money than banks, we all know the tight regulations by cbn on payment gateway. So the guy is saying trash.

Btw, This fin tech people are known to exaggerate their claims to get more funding from venture capitalists

They claim they process that amount and we are in a dollar crisis, even airlines are begging for their dollar to be released.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tobi Amira: Moniepoint Processes $7 Billion Dollars Monthly In Nigeria (Video) by CountVersailles(f): 4:47am On Aug 27, 2022
I don't believe this. I doubt this is possible. I suspect he's adding extraneous transactions they probably have little control over. $7 billion dollars? And CBN can't even pay $400m to airlines? $400m of their own money o.
This can't be true

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tobi Amira: Moniepoint Processes $7 Billion Dollars Monthly In Nigeria (Video) by xpressionx(m): 4:53am On Aug 27, 2022
081087n:

For voting obi it's obvious you want to remain in the same poverty you have been..a word is enough for the wise...

If you live the kind of life am living if your have traveled like me or been to where I have been you won't be here likening me to poverty follow person wey sabi road..
You like it or not na logos landlord dey win 2023 election, already settled in heaven. tongue

It's not too late to join the winning team, as you vote APC for 2023 may your life improve for food Amen

You wey dey ibadan dey find used infinix for person wey you spoil im phone and used toy pad come dey talk rubbish abi.
Where you travel go and what life are you living abeg

5 Likes

Re: Tobi Amira: Moniepoint Processes $7 Billion Dollars Monthly In Nigeria (Video) by Nobody: 4:57am On Aug 27, 2022
xpressionx:

You wey dey ibadan dey find used infinix for person wey you spoil im phone and used toy pad come dey talk rubbish abi.

Post removed

1 Like

Re: Tobi Amira: Moniepoint Processes $7 Billion Dollars Monthly In Nigeria (Video) by Nobody: 4:59am On Aug 27, 2022
xpressionx:

.am deleting my post to you democracy is not supposed be do or die let the best candidate win sorry if I've got on your nerves don't mean to use any situation against you we are all products of Grace irrespective of where we find ourselves time and chance happened to us all

2 Likes

Re: Tobi Amira: Moniepoint Processes $7 Billion Dollars Monthly In Nigeria (Video) by xpressionx(m): 5:09am On Aug 27, 2022
081087n:

At least if you mo blind you can see am buying for someone. Not that I'm the one making use of it show me your account balance let me show you mine if you no go keep shut one time no boasting this is reality

You are a poor person.
You couldn't afford a new phone for someone you spoilt his phone.
You are now asking for account balance.
Nairaland don make you think sey everybody na your mate.
We are here trying to rescue you and your are damning yourself.
My monthly earnings may be your annual income
Am out of here son.

8 Likes

Re: Tobi Amira: Moniepoint Processes $7 Billion Dollars Monthly In Nigeria (Video) by AnthonyAk(m): 5:11am On Aug 27, 2022
I highly doubt it
Re: Tobi Amira: Moniepoint Processes $7 Billion Dollars Monthly In Nigeria (Video) by SafeDrop: 6:12am On Aug 27, 2022
thebosstrevor1:

I doubt it is possible. The guy is literally claiming they process more money than banks, we all know the tight regulations by cbn on payment gateway. So the guy is saying trash.

Btw, This fin tech people are known to exaggerate their claims to get more funding from venture capitalists

They claim they process that amount and we are in a dollar crisis, even airlines are begging for their dollar to be released.

Bro this is very possible and I think he's even been modest in his figure.

Moniepoint is not just about payment gateways, their POS solutions alone processes more transactions than some major banks daily.

I work freelance with them in Edo state as a BRM, and my agents alone (BOs) processes over a hundred million naira daily and I have just a little over 200 agents. In Edo state alone, we have over 150 BRMs and some have over 500 agents so multiply that by all states in the federation, and multiply by 25 days of the month leaving out Sundays.

Delta state alone has over 200 BRMs and some other states has much more than 500 BRMs while some states has been shared into two for proper management.

Attached is the transactions processed by my agents yesterday. Withdrawal almost 42 million naira and deposits about 52.5 million naira. The figure is quite low yesterday because it rained almost all day in Benin city yesterday and rain impacts negatively on POS business.

9 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Eight Reasons Why You Should Regularly Review Your Bank Statement! / CBN To Order Banks To Repay Illegal Charges With Interest / Dangote, Blackstone To Invest N825bn (~$5billion) In Power

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.