Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,803 members, 7,844,608 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 01:12 AM

Poem Titled "If I Die Young" ( Excerpt) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poem Titled "If I Die Young" ( Excerpt) (215 Views)

Two To Tango: IRRESISTIBLE ( A steamy romance excerpt) / Naija Yahoo Life(get Rich And Die Young, Pidgin EDITION) By Youngzubi / The Chase: A Military Crime Thriller (A Hunt Series Book 2) Excerpt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Poem Titled "If I Die Young" ( Excerpt) by 1du547(m): 1:48pm On Aug 27, 2022
If I die young,

Raise me in the sky at dusk and let the wheels  of time judge my right and wrong 

Let the cool evening breeze grease my soul when the sun goes down 

Let the stars crystal the tears of loved ones and ease their frown 

Beckon on the retiring evening birds to gather around me and play their melodies

Reminisce our moments of serenity and forever inscribe on your hearts our memories

Kiss the lovely thoughts of our beautiful days when we dined together

Shed a tear upon my corpse and promise of our smiling days to remember

Let the fire flies of the night light up every inch of my graveside

Smile and ease the pain and do not dwell persistently on the wind of the yestertide 

If I die young,

Encircle me and bid me forever goodbye with a warm song 

Stand in the mountainous regions and declare me free from nature's plight

You all chant around in circles and declare the end of a long night...

This is an excerpt from one of my poem collection on okadabooks. It is priced at just 400Naira. I beckon you all to check it out.

https://okadabooks.com/book/about/the-realm-of-broken-souls/49444#.Ywf_zcTCR2w
Re: Poem Titled "If I Die Young" ( Excerpt) by ajsino: 3:07pm On Aug 27, 2022
Beautiful lines of poetry, there.

1 Like

Re: Poem Titled "If I Die Young" ( Excerpt) by 1du547(m): 3:51pm On Aug 27, 2022
Thank you, pls do check it out

(1) (Reply)

SYNW Appoints Samuel Olomu As Coordinator In LASU / Mbari Series: Okediran, Al-bishak, Barret, Sylvester To Headline February Editio / I'm Available For Copywriting Gigs At Your Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.