Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,499 members, 7,819,813 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:25 AM

What Is Olorun? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Olorun? (2515 Views)

Olorun Agbaye Co-singer Chandler Moore Marries Heartthrob / Tani Jesu Nse? - Jesu Ni Olorun / A Nairalander Realeases His First Song - Olorun Ikore (lord Of The Harvest) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Olorun? by Maynman: 6:50pm On Aug 27, 2022
Olorun simply means Ruler of the heavens/sky and Orun means Heaven/sky when translated to English Language.
But in Yoruba Culture, Orun means much more than the heaven/sky you may know about.

There’s no equivalent word for Hell Fire in yoruba language. The word Hell was translated as orun apadi but Apadi LITERALLY means Broken Clay.

So, what’s Orun?
Orun is a contraction of Orirun
The word orirun is formed from two words “Ori” and “Run”.

Ori is very important to yoruba people, that’s why you can’t see any yoruba art or sculpture without the head, sometimes it’s just the head.
There are 2 types of ori:
1. Ori Òde(physical head)
Used extensively to mean:
. The Top
. The pinnacle
. The main point.

2. Ori Inú(Spiritual head)
. Soul.
. Spiritual self.
Used extensively as:
. Destiny
. Life path
. Life purpose.

And Run means:
-originated (from).
-stem(from).

When you put Orí-run together it means the Main Place of Origination.
The synonyms will be “The Source”.

The word doesn’t just suggest a particular place in the sky.
According to yoruba history, when you die, you join your soul group. They believe that when you die you go back to that particular source you came from.

Orun or Orirun is not one specific place where everybody goes.
Orun is a strong version of Orírun.
There’s no promised mansions, streets filled with gold, praising a deity for eternity while other burns in hell.

https://m.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=719538212140230&id=231550420939014&refsrc=deprecated&_rdr#_=_

https://en.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/orirun

https://en.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/apaadi

2 Likes

Re: What Is Olorun? by Maynman: 7:00pm On Aug 27, 2022
Hell derived from Hellia, an Anglo-Saxon word used in king james VERSION to capture Gehenna.

Re: What Is Olorun? by Maynman: 3:56am On Aug 28, 2022
Most Religion thrives on Ignorance.

Re: What Is Olorun? by Maynman: 4:08am On Aug 28, 2022
Aiye Loja Orun Nile

1 Like

Re: What Is Olorun? by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:07am On Aug 28, 2022
Congratulations!
Now you're making sense by PREACHING what you think you know!
So are you open to reasoning or you're just in for the cartoons as usual?
Because your Ọlọ́run should be able to answer certain questions in other for you to convince others that it's worth considering! smiley

1 Like

Re: What Is Olorun? by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:09am On Aug 28, 2022
Maynman:
Aiye Loja Orun Nile
What evidence do you have to back up this assertion or you just feel since that's what the worshipers of your Ọlọ́run believes so it's authentic and indisputable? smiley

1 Like

Re: What Is Olorun? by Maynman: 5:32am On Aug 28, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

What evidence do you have to back up this assertion or you just feel since that's what the worshipers of your Ọlọ́run believes so it's authentic and indisputable? smiley

Theist, read the post. cheesy
Have you now agreed that esu is not “same person” as satan?

Let’s talk about your paradise and where it’s located, shall we grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Olorun? by Maynman: 5:40am On Aug 28, 2022
MaxInDHouse:
Congratulations!
Now you're making sense by PREACHING what you think you know!
So are you open to reasoning or you're just in for the cartoons as usual?
Because your Ọlọ́run should be able to answer certain questions in other for you to convince others that it's worth considering! smiley

Is that what you were able to read.
Are you educated?, your lecturers were PREACHING what they think they know?

Besides we are not talking about your bald heads in watchtower that your salvation depends on.

Does your kids salvation depend on these old men?

1 Like

Re: What Is Olorun? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:49am On Aug 28, 2022
Maynman:

Theist, read the post. cheesy
Have you now agreed that esu is not “same person” as satan?
Let’s talk about your paradise and where it’s located, shall we grin

First of all i want you to know that from the standpoint of atheists you and i are theists, secondly we need to pick a topic of discussion whether Èṣù (Satan) or Paradise depending on which interests you mostly.

Maynman:

Is that what you were able to read.
Are you educated?, your lecturers were PREACHING what they think they know?
Besides we are not talking about your bald heads in watchtower that your salvation depends on.
Does your kids salvation depend on these old men?
Whatever anyone believes as long as you and i have not come to an agreement remains what you or i think we know until we come to an agreement based on conviction.
Everything you've typed up there never occur to you naturally rather you were taught by some older persons (probably baldheaded older men) and certainly that's exactly what you will inculcate in the minds of your children. So both of us are the same in anyway you try to twist it that's why we need to calmly address each topic like intellectuals and stop mocking each other because on this you're not different from me!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Olorun? by Maynman: 7:57am On Aug 28, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

First of all i want you to know that from the standpoint of atheists you and i are theists, secondly we need to pick a topic of discussion whether Èṣù (Satan) or Paradise depending on which interests you mostly.

Whatever anyone believes as long as you and i have not come to an agreement remains what you or i think we know until we come to an agreement based on conviction.
Everything you've typed up there never occur to you naturally rather you were taught by some older persons (probably baldheaded older men) and certainly that's exactly what you will inculcate in the minds of your children. So both of us are the same in anyway you try to twist it that's why we need to calmly address each topic like intellectuals and stop mocking each other because on this you're not different from me!

yaldaboath worshipper, does your kids Salvation rely on these baldmen ?

All the english you are speaking never occur to you naturally rather you were taught by some older persons (probably baldheaded older men) and certainly that's exactly what you will inculcate in the minds of your children.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Olorun? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:17am On Aug 28, 2022
Maynman:

yaldaboath worshipper, does your kids Salvation rely on these baldmen ?

All the english you are speaking never occur to you naturally rather you were taught by some older persons (probably baldheaded older men) and certainly that's exactly what you will inculcate in the minds of your children.

You're scared of open-minded discussion with me shey?
I have told you the first time you approached me "we are the most intelligent students on this planet so there's no school of thought that can stand against us" Isaiah 54:17

Meanwhile Àjàyí Crowder got it right, Èṣù is Satan and his rendering of Gehenna as Ọ̀run Àpáàdì is the best, if you're ready for a open-minded discussion on those topics i'm always available here.
Cheers! smiley
Re: What Is Olorun? by Maynman: 8:30am On Aug 28, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

You're scared of open-minded discussion with me shey?
I have told you the first time you approached me "we are the most intelligent students on this planet so there's no school of thought that can stand against us" Isaiah 54:17

Meanwhile Àjàyí Crowder got it right, Èṣù is Satan and his rendering of Gehenna as Ọ̀run Àpáàdì is the best, if you're ready for a open-minded discussion on those topics i'm always available here.
Cheers! smiley

You’re scared of introducing your Gods in watchtower to me shey?

I have told you first time you quoted me that what you worship is a lie, and you can’t be a witness to what you were never present in, and a witness can only see to BELIEVE but can never KNOW.

Ajayi crowther also rendered your god as OLORUN, how many deities do you worship, apart from yahweh and those 8 Baldheads in watchtower?

What’s gehenna?

If you are ready to discuss your baldheads in watchtower and how you are doomed and will perish without them, I’m always available cheesy

Re: What Is Olorun? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:48am On Aug 28, 2022
Maynman:

Ajayi crowther also rendered your god as OLORUN, how many deities do you worship?

Ọlọ́run and Olúwa both are titles not personal names of deities!
Ọlọ́run means someone who has authority in heaven just as Alayé means someone who has authority on earth. We all know that Alayé has grades. For instance i live in Lagos and in each town there are these people known as Alayé (traditional rulers) but if Sanwoolu is coming the authority given to these traditional rulers will subside until he leaves, when Buhari is coming Sanwoolu's authority will subside and when Joe Biden is coming Buhari's authority will subside, why because Alayé pass Alayé.
The same applies to Ọlọ́run! 1Corinthians 8:5-6
Maynman:

What’s gehenna?
When people die the Bible said they've become useless {Ecclesiastes 9:4-6} but the Almighty God has the power to bring bak His own friends {Job 14:13-15} Gehenna is the condition of those whose are not in the list of those to be remembered by the Almighty! Revelations 20:15
So while Sheoul/Hades/Hell simply means the general condition of all dead people Gehenna means a condition of no return. That's why Àjàyí Crowder used Ọ̀run Àpáàdì to describe it.
Ọ̀run means where the dead goes while Àpáàdì is the clay pot that's broken.
Why did Àjàyí Crowder used this description?
Clay is used in making vessels and after the maker has gotten the preferred shape he will heat it with fire which makes it stronger but once this vessel breaks it can't be melted again for any other use. So Àjàyí Crowder used this fitting description to translate Gehenna!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Olorun? by Maynman: 8:51am On Aug 28, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Ọlọ́run means someone who has authority in heaven just as Alayé means someone who has authority on earth. We all know that Alayé has grades. For instance i live in Lagos and in each town there are these people known as Alayé (traditional rulers) but if Sanwoolu is coming the authority given to these traditional rulers will subside until he leaves, when Buhari is coming Sanwoolu's authority will subside and when Joe Biden is coming Buhari's authority will subside, why because Alayé pass Alayé.

We also have olokun and olosa
Your deity is also olokun and olosa?cheesy

Olorun means rulers of heaven
Oluwa simply means lord/master. Same way Baal also means Lord/Master!

Is esu also a title or personal name of deities?
Re: What Is Olorun? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:08am On Aug 28, 2022
Maynman:

We also have olokun and olosa
Your deity is also olokun and olosa?cheesy
Is esu also a title or personal name of deities?

All other deities whatever name are Ọlọ́runs there's the Almighty who is over all of them! Psalms 82:1
Olúwa means Owner.
Èṣù is not a title but name of a god and Àjàyí Crowder appropriately used this name for the spirit who turns out to be Satan the devil!
Re: What Is Olorun? by Maynman: 9:08am On Aug 28, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

When people die the Bible said they've become useless {Ecclesiastes 9:4-6} but the Almighty God has the power to bring bak His own friends {Job 14:13-15} Gehenna is the condition of those whose are not in the list of those to be remembered by the Almighty! Revelations 20:15
So while Sheoul/Hades/Hell simply means the general condition of all dead people Gehenna means a condition of no return. That's why Àjàyí Crowder used Ọ̀run Àpáàdì to describe it.
Ọ̀run means where the dead goes while Àpáàdì is the clay pot that's broken.
Why did Àjàyí Crowder used this description?
Clay is used in making vessels and after the maker has gotten the preferred shape he will heat it with fire which makes it stronger but once this vessel breaks it can't be melted again for any other use. So Àjàyí Crowder used this fitting description to translate Gehenna!

yaldaboath worshipper haaaaaaa

See what watchtower is doing to you?
I can only wonder the type of deities your salvation depends on that you find it so EASY to lie.

Re: What Is Olorun? by Maynman: 9:09am On Aug 28, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

All other deities whatever name are Ọlọ́runs there's the Almighty who is over all of them! Psalms 82:1
Olúwa means Owner.
Èṣù is not a title but name of a god and Àjàyí Crowder appropriately used this name for the spirit who turns out to be Satan the devil!

But you said “olorun” is a title not a personal name.
Is olorun a deity now?

Esu is a Abrahamaic god?
Re: What Is Olorun? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:14am On Aug 28, 2022
Maynman:

But you said “olorun” is a title not a personal name.
Is olorun a deity now?
Esu is a Abrahamaic god?
They were named by their ignorant worshipers but in reality Ọlọ́run is a title not a name!

As for the God of Abraham we need to examine the traits of Èṣù and compare to the God of Abraham before we can be sure if Èṣù is the God Abraham worshiped or not!
Re: What Is Olorun? by Maynman: 9:15am On Aug 28, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

They were named by their ignorant worshipers but in reality Ọlọ́run is a title not a name!

As for the God of Abraham we need to examine the traits of Èṣù and compare to the God of Abraham before we can be sure if Èṣù is the God Abraham worshiped or not!

Then, We also have olokun and olosa
Your deity is also olokun and olosa? cheesy

Who created esu the deity?
Re: What Is Olorun? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:21am On Aug 28, 2022
Maynman:

Then, We also have olokun and olosa
Your deity is also olokun and olosa? cheesy
Who created esu?

Olókun or Ọlọ́sà are demonic spirits as in fallen angels, they're part of the angels that God disallowed to mix with His loyal spirit sons so they returned to the earth and became gods in different places, some in trees, some in rocks and others in rivers. These demons attack people later demands for settlement which results in worship, they're not the true God!
Re: What Is Olorun? by Maynman: 9:22am On Aug 28, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Olókun or Ọlọ́sà are demonic spirits as in fallen angels, they're part of the angels that God disallowed to mix with His loyal spirit sons so they returned to the earth and became gods in different places, some in trees, some in rocks and others in rivers. These demons attack people later demands for settlement which results in worship, they're not the true God!

How is olokun and olosa demomic spirit but olorun(ruler of sky)and alaye is a title?
How did you arrive at that?

Re: What Is Olorun? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:28am On Aug 28, 2022
Maynman:

How is olokun and olosa demomic spirit but olorun(ruler of sky) is a title?

They're all powerful spirit beings in heaven before they left for the earth to have sexual relations with female humans {Genesis 6:1-5} so they're all ọlọ́runs (those having authority in heaven) it's the territories they later occupy that determines what name they're called by their worshipers. But in reality they were all formerly powerful spirit beings having authority in heaven (Ọlọ́runs)
Re: What Is Olorun? by Maynman: 9:30am On Aug 28, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

They're all powerful spirit beings in heaven before they left for the earth to have sexual relations with female humans {Genesis 6:1-5} so they're all ọlọ́runs (those having authority in heaven) it's the territories they later occupy that determines what name they're called by their worshipers. But in reality they were all formerly powerful spirit beings having authority in heaven (Ọlọ́runs)

How are “titles” suddenly becoming powerful spirit beings?
Thought you said olorun is a title and not a personal name for a deity?
How then is olokun(ruler of seas) and olosa(rulers of lagoons) powerful spirt beings and not just titles like olorun(ruler of sky)?
How many rulers of sky/heaven do we have?
Is esu also an olorun?

Where are you getting this from?

1 Like

Re: What Is Olorun? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:37am On Aug 28, 2022
Maynman:

How are titles suddenly becoming powerful spirit beings?
Thought you said olorun is a title and not a personal name.
How then is olokun and olosa powerful spirt beings and not just titles?
How many rulers of heaven do we have?

Where are you getting this from?

Ọlọ́run (someone having authority in heaven)

Olókun (Olú-Òkun) King of Ocean/Sea, Ọlọ́sà (Olú-Ọ̀sà) King of Lagoon are fixed names for those two demons attacking people either in the Ocean or Lagoon.
Re: What Is Olorun? by Maynman: 9:39am On Aug 28, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Ọlọ́run (someone having authority in heaven)

Olókun (Olú-Òkun) King of Ocean, Ọlọ́sà (Olú-Ọ̀sà) King of sea are fixed names for those two demons attacking people either in the Ocean or sea.

How is “king of ocean” and “king of sea” fixed names for deities but “king of sky” is a title and does not attack people in the sky?

Ọlọ́run (Olú-Orun)
Olókun (Olú-Òkun)
Ọlọ́sà (Olú-Ọ̀sà)
Re: What Is Olorun? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:50am On Aug 28, 2022
Maynman:

How is “king of ocean” and “king of sea” fixed names for deities but “king of sky” is a title and does not attack people in the sky?

Ọlọ́run (Olú-Orun)
Olókun (Olú-Òkun)
Ọlọ́sà (Olú-Ọ̀sà)

That's how demons deceive their worshipers!

Each takes over a territory station there and start demanding worship from the inhabitants in his domain. The truth is that all of them were former dwellers in heaven (Ọlọ́run) who has no business with the inhabitants of the earth apart from the Grand Creator who has the right to set standards for mankind.

Olú-Ọ̀run simply means the one having authority in heaven and we know that Alayé means one has authority on earth, of course Alayé are countless though they know their ranking! Mark 1:24
Re: What Is Olorun? by Maynman: 9:53am On Aug 28, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

That's how demons deceive their worshipers!

Each takes over a territory station there and start demanding worship from the inhabitants in his domain. The truth is that all of them were former dwellers in heaven (Ọlọ́run) who has no business with the inhabitants of the earth apart from the Grand Creator who has the right to set standards for mankind.

Olú-Ọ̀run simply means the one having authority in heaven and we know that Alayé means one has authority on earth, of course Alayé are countless even though they know their ranking! Mark 1:24
If olu-orun simply means the one having authority in heaven, and alaye means one has authority on earth, that means olu-okun(ruler of seas) and olu-osa(rulers of lagoons) are just titles like olorun(ruler of sky) and alaye!

And alaye doesn’t even mean one who has authority of earth, or you mean olu-aye?

How is a “title” now suddenly becomes former dwellers in “olorun”?

Re: What Is Olorun? by PastorAIO: 9:55am On Aug 28, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Cheers! smiley

I would love a discussion about whether Esu is Satan. I posit that Esu is not Satan. What are your reasons for thinking that he is?
Re: What Is Olorun? by PastorAIO: 9:59am On Aug 28, 2022
Maynman:

If olu-orun simply means the one having authority in heaven, and alaye means one has authority on earth, that means olu-okun(ruler of seas) and olu-osa(rulers of lagoons) are just titles like olorun(ruler of sky) and alaye!

And alaye doesn’t even mean one who has authority of earth, or you mean olu-aye?

If these titles do not refer to specific beings but to a title then many beings can succeed each other to the title. My question is, Who was the previous Olorun before the current Olorun? How long does the tenure as Olorun hold for?
Re: What Is Olorun? by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:00am On Aug 28, 2022
Maynman:

NO! Note that through divination those worshiping these demons have told you where they came from:

"Látìkọ̀lé Ọ̀run wá síkọ̀lé ayé"

Just as the Bible says:

Now when men started to grow in number on the surface of the ground and daughters were born to them, the sons of the true God began to notice that the daughters of men were beautiful. So they began taking as wives all whom they chose. Genesis 6:1-2

If you don't read this book you can never know what exactly these gods are doing on earth yet people WORSHIP them as in make sacrifices to them. Please tell me for what purpose?
Re: What Is Olorun? by Maynman: 10:01am On Aug 28, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

NO! Note that through divination those worshiping these demons have told you where they came from:

"Látìkọ̀lé Ọ̀run wá síkọ̀lé ayé"

Just as the Bible says:

Now when men started to grow in number on the surface of the ground and daughters were born to them, the sons of the true God began to notice that the daughters of men were beautiful. So they began taking as wives all whom they chose. Genesis 6:1-2

If you don't read this book you can never know what exactly these gods are doing on earth yet people WORSHIP them as in make sacrifices to them. Please tell me for what purpose?

So olorun is also part of olokun and olosa through “divination”? Látìkọ̀lé Ọ̀run wá síkọ̀lé ayé"

Or king of sky is a title but king of seas is a deity?

Re: What Is Olorun? by PastorAIO: 10:02am On Aug 28, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Olú-Ọ̀run simply means the one having authority in heaven and we know that Alayé means one has authority on earth, of course Alayé are countless though they know their ranking! Mark 1:24

Please can you provide references for the claims you make above.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Where Do People Go When They Die? / All Atheists, Agnostics And Pagans. Let's Discuss Ince.st. / The Shocking Unbelievable Story Of Jesu Oyingbo,The Self-acclaimed Nigeria Jesus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.