Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,610 members, 7,813,000 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:18 AM

Pope Francis Swears-In Peter Okpaleke As Cardinal Of The Roman Catholic Church - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Francis Swears-In Peter Okpaleke As Cardinal Of The Roman Catholic Church (35120 Views)

Okpaleke: Rejected As Bishop In Imo, Accepted By The Pope As Cardinal (Video) / Obi, Soludo Present As Pope Francis Ordains Okpaleke As Cardinal / Pope Francis Appoints Bishop Peter Okpaleke, 20 Others As Cardinals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pope Francis Swears-In Peter Okpaleke As Cardinal Of The Roman Catholic Church by Daddyyin: 12:14am On Aug 28, 2022
seunmind44:
abeg comot jo

My guy
Re: Pope Francis Swears-In Peter Okpaleke As Cardinal Of The Roman Catholic Church by shantti(m): 12:26am On Aug 28, 2022
xpressionx:
APC will soon have their own cardinal

Mad oh grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Pope Francis Swears-In Peter Okpaleke As Cardinal Of The Roman Catholic Church by GamalNasser: 1:20am On Aug 28, 2022
michdera:
Nice one! I wish he becomes the first black pope in history.

Too late , there have already been 3 black popes
Re: Pope Francis Swears-In Peter Okpaleke As Cardinal Of The Roman Catholic Church by ginus001(m): 2:18am On Aug 28, 2022
God1000:
Good, wishing him all the best.

Any person bearing Peter is a gift from God, is he related to Peter Obi?
He is from Anambra
Re: Pope Francis Swears-In Peter Okpaleke As Cardinal Of The Roman Catholic Church by Painintheass221: 5:45am On Aug 28, 2022
ASAPFERG1:
Useless Catholic religion

Hug transformer
Re: Pope Francis Swears-In Peter Okpaleke As Cardinal Of The Roman Catholic Church by Painintheass221: 6:00am On Aug 28, 2022
ONNYX:

You may wish to crosscheck your sources for the validity of the bolded. I think it's flawed. Administratively, the bishops don't report to the Cardinal. It doesn't happen that way. I am sure Google will be of further help in this regard.

Perhaps other more knowledgeable posters can add to this discourse.

The Seminarian reports to his priest, the priest reports to his bishop, the bishop is the metropolitan, the head of the church in his own area. A group of bishop is headed by the arch bishop, the bishop does not report to him, he is just primus inter pares, presiding over interdiocesean matters.

The cardinals are princes and prefects of the Catholic church. They are divided into two, papabile and non papabile. Papabile one can attend the conclave that decides who becomes the pope. The cardinal is more like President Jonathan. Doing important work for the UN but not the president of any country. The cardinals are not bishops but they perform important administrative functions for the Catholic church that the bishops can't perform. Such as restoring faith, presiding over administrative matters. The cardinals belong to a college called college of cardinals. In order words, it is the senate of the largest international NGO (The Catholic Church).

The bishop actually reports to the CBCN (Catholic Bishops Conference of Nigeria) of which the apostolic nunciature (the ambassador of Vatican (the country owned by the church called Vatican City) to Nigeria) is a member.

From reports of this meeting and all such reports from the ambassador (apostolic nuncio) eg: Owo Massacre, that the pope gets to hear what is going on in the Nigerian Church.
Re: Pope Francis Swears-In Peter Okpaleke As Cardinal Of The Roman Catholic Church by Katier00(f): 6:30am On Aug 28, 2022
Daniel058:
TWO CARDINALS FROM THE SAME STATE.

NOT More than 5 CARDINALS FROM NIGERIA.

But I think the use of images And bowing down to it Make catholic different Which is against God's commandment .

Also I don't think there is any member of Catholic knight that's not involved with occultist practices .

Also catholic priests should be allowed to marry coz so many of them are sexually active and pretending .

Even in seminary some are homosexualist .

So many things happening but few innocent people ignorantly kept on defending the Church

Dominus Vibiscum!

Modified: for those attacking me coz I said the truth,let me say this,I defended the church probably more than you think you are doing Now cheesy .

I was a mass server,a member of legion of Mary, attend block rosary , wear scapular, was a member of Divine Mercy too. Almost join Precious blood. cheesy

One Day your eyes will clear cheesy

There are many good people in catholic but that doesn't mean They are doing the will of God.

1 Timothy 2vs5
For there is one God and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus,

shut up. You know nothing
Re: Pope Francis Swears-In Peter Okpaleke As Cardinal Of The Roman Catholic Church by Daniel058(m): 6:31am On Aug 28, 2022
Katier00:
shut up. You know nothing
then Tell me what you know ma
Re: Pope Francis Swears-In Peter Okpaleke As Cardinal Of The Roman Catholic Church by Slurity(m): 6:35am On Aug 28, 2022
Harrisonwo:

The Catholic Church is a universal church and not just the regular church you see around.
The hierarchy placed is used to maintain order just as your daddy GO has his Asst GO them.

A priest is in charge of his parish and reports to the bishop of his diocese. The bishop inturn reports to the arch bishop of the arch diocese. He in turn reports to the cardinal and the cardinal to the pope.
The pope can't be everywhere like your GO and authority has been delegated down to the parish priest.
If the parish priest can't manage his parish, the congregation reports him to his bishop.

The pope is a representative of St Peter and still carry out the instructions given by Christ before he ascended. Upon this rock I will build my church and the gates of hell shall not prevail. Back then, Peter was seen as the leader of the Christian faithful and he delegated duties to the missionaries in his letters.

We are maintaining the instructions given by Christ until he returns which is always in our Creed.
Where in the bible is these orders that Jesus gave you to be giving yourselves positions to maintain order, how do you place one above others in spiritual ranking? There is nothing of such anyway in the bibleand surely will not be in heaven.
Re: Pope Francis Swears-In Peter Okpaleke As Cardinal Of The Roman Catholic Church by 4ward4: 7:32am On Aug 28, 2022
Daniel058:
no beans here to pick oo , what I said you know it's true unless you don't know. Fyi ,I was a mass server, a member of legion of Mary, I attended Block rosary. Also a member of Divine Mercy

That doesn't make you Christ filled. A man who God lifted Amist his peers got cardinated, but for your hate you derailed exactly the essence of the topic to post Thrash..
If truly you are all what you said, you should definitely know a priest is a human like you and only become a priest once he speaks the sacred words before putting on the Chasuble and every single attire associated with the dressing. Or can you tell me you have been ignorant not knowing Priest you prayed while putting on Each and every single components to celebrate a mass.
Don't go about with negative comments ,if you feel a priest have Sinned and doesn't represent the image of christ and the church go report him to his superior, they are a thousand and one rooms to lay your complain to the church and he will be excommunicated.
Do the Just thing...
Re: Pope Francis Swears-In Peter Okpaleke As Cardinal Of The Roman Catholic Church by Daniel058(m): 7:57am On Aug 28, 2022
4ward4:

That doesn't make you Christ filled. A man who God lifted Amist his peers got cardinated, but for your hate you derailed exactly the essence of the topic to post Thrash..
If truly you are all what you said, you should definitely know a priest is a human like you and only become a priest once he speaks the sacred words before putting on the Chasuble and every single attire associated with the dressing. Or can you tell me you have been ignorant not knowing Priest you prayed while putting on Each and every single components to celebrate a mass.
Don't go about with negative comments[b] ,if you feel a priest have Sinned[/b] and doesn't represent the image of christ and the church go report him to his superior, they are a thousand and one rooms to lay your complain to the church and he will be excommunicated.
Do the Just thing...

I just did,

That's why am suggesting that they should be allowed to marry.
Re: Pope Francis Swears-In Peter Okpaleke As Cardinal Of The Roman Catholic Church by 4ward4: 8:12am On Aug 28, 2022
Daniel058:

I just did,

That's why am suggesting that they should be allowed to marry.

You aren't forced to become one..If a priest can't obey the order as St Peter Suggested, it is right for him to leave the vocation...
It sounds easy for you to say ‘they should marry’ without considering the adverse and negative effect such will do to the Holy church. You will be trying to change thr known fact , that a priest have no property and location.Imagine a priest having a marital issues and his mind get clouded, imagine a priest running halter skater because of his sick Child. Imagine a priest twisting the Holy words just to extract money from his members to fund his wife's lifestyle .
Most uncalled for exploitation happening in Pentecostal churches is because the Pastor wants to train his child oversea, he wants his wife to get the best and all that...
The church have come this far because of it's Stands on certain issues...
Take some time and study your Bible and you will get a greater picture of why almost Apostle choiced not to marry just for the ministry. You can extend your research to some catholic papers from the Vatican on this ,as I won't be able to explain all that to you, A man who studies by himself is well equipped
This is a closed case,and no more reply from my End, Shalom and happy Sunday
Re: Pope Francis Swears-In Peter Okpaleke As Cardinal Of The Roman Catholic Church by Harrisonwo(m): 8:24am On Aug 28, 2022
Slurity:
Where in the bible is these orders that Jesus gave you to be giving yourselves positions to maintain order, how do you place one above others in spiritual ranking? There is nothing of such anyway in the bibleand surely will not be in heaven.

Matt 16:18
Re: Pope Francis Swears-In Peter Okpaleke As Cardinal Of The Roman Catholic Church by Harrisonwo(m): 8:25am On Aug 28, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. But Jesus Christ never made Peter a saint to begin with and the instructions Jesus Christ gave to Peter, He gave also to every one of His followers. undecided

Much like it was in the Old Covenant, the Rock upon which the Church is built is God's Covenant and Agreement. Peter, a mere man is not God's agreement and covenant. Instead, Jesus Christ is the Rock on which the Church is built. He made this known in John 15 when He declared that He is the vine and everyone else a branch on the vine. undecided

2. To date, the catholic church has maintained none of that which was instructed by Jesus Christ, as it holds fast instead to its doctrines and rituals which have nothing to do with what is Jesus Christ. undecided

Re: Pope Francis Swears-In Peter Okpaleke As Cardinal Of The Roman Catholic Church by Johnnywalley(m): 8:26am On Aug 28, 2022
Stop spilling trash here that's our opinion do well to keep it to yourself please
Daniel058:
TWO CARDINALS FROM THE SAME STATE.

NOT More than 5 CARDINALS FROM NIGERIA.

But I think the use of images And bowing down to it Make catholic different Which is against God's commandment .

Also I don't think there is any member of Catholic knight that's not involved with occultist practices .

Also catholic priests should be allowed to marry coz so many of them are sexually active and pretending .

Even in seminary some are homosexualist .

So many things happening but few innocent people ignorantly kept on defending the Church

Dominus Vibiscum!

Modified: for those attacking me coz I said the truth,let me say this,I defended the church probably more than you think you are doing Now cheesy .

I was a mass server,a member of legion of Mary, attend block rosary , wear scapular, was a member of Divine Mercy too. Almost join Precious blood. cheesy

One Day your eyes will clear cheesy

There are many good people in catholic but that doesn't mean They are doing the will of God.

1 Timothy 2vs5
For there is one God and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus,

Re: Pope Francis Swears-In Peter Okpaleke As Cardinal Of The Roman Catholic Church by Slurity(m): 8:33am On Aug 28, 2022
Harrisonwo:

And I said also unto these, that thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church and the gate of he'll shall not prevail against it. Matthew 16:18. How does this relate?
Re: Pope Francis Swears-In Peter Okpaleke As Cardinal Of The Roman Catholic Church by Harrisonwo(m): 8:36am On Aug 28, 2022
ONNYX:

You may wish to crosscheck your sources for the validity of the bolded. I think it's flawed. Administratively, the bishops don't report to the Cardinal. It doesn't happen that way. I am sure Google will be of further help in this regard.

Perhaps other more knowledgeable posters can add to this discourse.

Perhaps
Re: Pope Francis Swears-In Peter Okpaleke As Cardinal Of The Roman Catholic Church by Harrisonwo(m): 8:39am On Aug 28, 2022
Slurity:
And I said also unto these, that thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church and the gate of he'll shall not prevail against it. Matthew 16:18. How does this relate?

Pls you can go to the closest parish to you, request to see the priest and get some wisdom on the matter. Because even if I explain till morrow, you will still argue.
Better you hear it from the horses mouth. Besides bishops, deacons and other positions have been used in the new testament in Paul letters. At the beginning of the missionary journey, the gospel was growing and as such the area covered was small and not as it is now. Peace
Re: Pope Francis Swears-In Peter Okpaleke As Cardinal Of The Roman Catholic Church by CASTOSVILLA(m): 9:14am On Aug 28, 2022
ASAPFERG1:
Useless Catholic religion
Really What's that you church again.
Re: Pope Francis Swears-In Peter Okpaleke As Cardinal Of The Roman Catholic Church by Badgers14: 9:54am On Aug 28, 2022
Slurity:
In your dream. Why not Paul?

Because Paul and Silas are praying for Peter ..
Re: Pope Francis Swears-In Peter Okpaleke As Cardinal Of The Roman Catholic Church by zoedew: 10:45am On Aug 28, 2022
Victory! Rejected stone has become the celebrated cornerstone.
Re: Pope Francis Swears-In Peter Okpaleke As Cardinal Of The Roman Catholic Church by Shugargal(f): 12:32pm On Aug 28, 2022
Daniel058:
no, I was there And was a mass server too
And you we're part of the deal?
Re: Pope Francis Swears-In Peter Okpaleke As Cardinal Of The Roman Catholic Church by Kobojunkie: 12:40pm On Aug 28, 2022
Harrisonwo:
I already addressed all that is stated in that passage. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Oyedepo: 'Plateau Killings, There Is An Islamization Agenda, War Looming'(Video) / Apostle Suleman & His Wife, Lizzy Celebrate 16th Wedding Anniversary (Photo) / Prophetic Picture Of The Year 2023 By Daniel Olukoya (G.O Mfm Worldwide)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.