Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,516 members, 7,830,530 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:56 AM

Pope Francis Swears-In Peter Okpaleke As Cardinal Of The Roman Catholic Church - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Francis Swears-In Peter Okpaleke As Cardinal Of The Roman Catholic Church (35184 Views)

Okpaleke: Rejected As Bishop In Imo, Accepted By The Pope As Cardinal (Video) / Obi, Soludo Present As Pope Francis Ordains Okpaleke As Cardinal / Pope Francis Appoints Bishop Peter Okpaleke, 20 Others As Cardinals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pope Francis Swears-In Peter Okpaleke As Cardinal Of The Roman Catholic Church by Daniel058(m): 9:05pm On Aug 27, 2022
Proudlyomonna:

See as you just dey run mouth undecided
But it's true na, I was a mass server there cheesy
Re: Pope Francis Swears-In Peter Okpaleke As Cardinal Of The Roman Catholic Church by ONNYX: 9:06pm On Aug 27, 2022
Praxis758:
Superb!!!

Second, after Cardinal Olubunmi Okojie.

Your knowledge of history is flawed. Google can be very useful.

Dominic Cardinal Ekanem was the very first followed by......the rest.
Re: Pope Francis Swears-In Peter Okpaleke As Cardinal Of The Roman Catholic Church by ONNYX: 9:12pm On Aug 27, 2022
Harrisonwo:

The Catholic Church is a universal church and not just the regular church you see around.
The hierarchy placed is used to maintain order just as your daddy GO has his Asst GO them.

A priest is in charge of his parish and reports to the bishop of his diocese. The bishop inturn reports to the arch bishop of the arch diocese. He in turn reports to the cardinal and the cardinal to the pope.
The pope can't be everywhere like your GO and authority has been delegated down to the parish priest.
If the parish priest can't manage his parish, the congregation reports him to his bishop.

The pope is a representative of St Peter and still carry out the instructions given by Christ before he ascended. Upon this rock I will build my church and the gates of hell shall not prevail. Back then, Peter was seen as the leader of the Christian faithful and he delegated duties to the missionaries in his letters.

We are maintaining the instructions given by Christ until he returns which is always in our Creed.

You may wish to crosscheck your sources for the validity of the bolded. I think it's flawed. Administratively, the bishops don't report to the Cardinal. It doesn't happen that way. I am sure Google will be of further help in this regard.

Perhaps other more knowledgeable posters can add to this discourse.
Re: Pope Francis Swears-In Peter Okpaleke As Cardinal Of The Roman Catholic Church by Shugargal(f): 9:14pm On Aug 27, 2022
Daniel058:
TWO CARDINALS FROM THE SAME STATE.

NOT More than 5 CARDINALS FROM NIGERIA.

But I think the use of images And bowing down to it Make catholic different Which is against God's commandment .

Also I don't think there is any member of Catholic knight that's not involved with occultist practices .

Also catholic priests should be allowed to marry coz so many of them are sexually active and pretending .

Even in seminary some are homosexualist .

So many things happening but few innocent people ignorantly kept on defending the Church

Dominus Vibiscum!
You're full of assumptions.
Re: Pope Francis Swears-In Peter Okpaleke As Cardinal Of The Roman Catholic Church by Daniel058(m): 9:23pm On Aug 27, 2022
Shugargal:

You're full of assumptions.
no, I was there And was a mass server too
Re: Pope Francis Swears-In Peter Okpaleke As Cardinal Of The Roman Catholic Church by Babathanks(m): 9:33pm On Aug 27, 2022
ASAPFERG1:
Useless Catholic religion
God punish you with this statement. For your info am neither from south east nor south south. The gate of hell will never prevail against the church
Re: Pope Francis Swears-In Peter Okpaleke As Cardinal Of The Roman Catholic Church by kingsvictor2: 9:34pm On Aug 27, 2022
Daniel058:

But I think the use of images And bowing down to it Make catholic different Which is against God's commandment .

Also I don't think there is any member of Catholic knight that's not involved with occultist practices .

Also catholic priests should be allowed to marry coz so many of them are sexually active and pretending .

So many things happening but few innocent people ignorantly kept on defending the Church

Dominus Vibiscum!
take care of yourself first, it wi be a nice start
Re: Pope Francis Swears-In Peter Okpaleke As Cardinal Of The Roman Catholic Church by InvertedHammer: 9:34pm On Aug 27, 2022
/
We hope Mbaise people will not have heart attacks on this good news cool

/

5 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Swears-In Peter Okpaleke As Cardinal Of The Roman Catholic Church by seunmind44: 9:37pm On Aug 27, 2022
1east:
Stop mentioning Lagos. I said that Anambra is like America compare to your backward state that's filled with mud houses and rustic brown roofs. Leave Lagos out of this because it was the former FCT. Let's do the picture competition between your state and Anambra. cheesy

I still dey laugh
Re: Pope Francis Swears-In Peter Okpaleke As Cardinal Of The Roman Catholic Church by Lordiyke100(m): 9:38pm On Aug 27, 2022
There is Politics in the church, if you know you know.
Re: Pope Francis Swears-In Peter Okpaleke As Cardinal Of The Roman Catholic Church by seunmind44: 9:38pm On Aug 27, 2022
kkonyeji:

Sir, it's "fair" not "fear"
both of them are correct, one is American English, while the other one is British English, I chose to use the American English.
Re: Pope Francis Swears-In Peter Okpaleke As Cardinal Of The Roman Catholic Church by seunmind44: 9:40pm On Aug 27, 2022
etrouble:

Even if Nigerians are to hold election in Heaven, it will never be free nor fair. So, better accept Peter Obituary's loss in good faith because the election will never be fair.
daddyyin come and see chomtin
Re: Pope Francis Swears-In Peter Okpaleke As Cardinal Of The Roman Catholic Church by 4ward4: 9:43pm On Aug 27, 2022
Daniel058:

Dominus Vibiscum!

Shut up you tout... If you don't Have anything meaningful to say go pick beans.
Re: Pope Francis Swears-In Peter Okpaleke As Cardinal Of The Roman Catholic Church by Kingnelson9: 9:53pm On Aug 27, 2022
Igbo Amaka
Re: Pope Francis Swears-In Peter Okpaleke As Cardinal Of The Roman Catholic Church by Nwibii: 9:56pm On Aug 27, 2022
fergie001:
@Peter Obi

Obi at the Basilica in Rome (Pictures)
With Anambra South Senator, Ifeanyi Ubah
Well-wishers from Nigeria
With Archbishop-Emeritus, Cardinal John Onaiyekan

Peter Obi congratulate Peter Okpaleke as he canonically receives his Red Hat from Pope Francis.

That's how Peter Okpaleke will also congratulate Peter Obi when he be sworn in by the CJN.
POK=POB
Re: Pope Francis Swears-In Peter Okpaleke As Cardinal Of The Roman Catholic Church by CoolAmbience(m): 9:59pm On Aug 27, 2022
seunmind44:
he will, if the election is free and fear

Oga, if dem do the election ten times....Free and fair.

Obi no go win even once.

Nigeria isn't limited to the Southeast and Southsouth.

There is a huge mistrust against the Igbos by people of the other 2 major ethnic nationalities, including by Igbos themselves.

The so-called Obi movement is nowhere near the Buhari cult following in the North in 2003, 2007 and 2011.

It took a Southwest alliance to turn that cult following into an electoral victory. Buhari went from winning zero number of states in the Southwest to winning 5 out the 6 states in 2015.

My brother, Obi, as it stands today, cannot win any state in the Northwest, Northeast and Southwest.

I doubt that he can win any in the Northcentral region too.

Sincerely, I don't see how he can be president.
Re: Pope Francis Swears-In Peter Okpaleke As Cardinal Of The Roman Catholic Church by seunmind44: 10:03pm On Aug 27, 2022
CoolAmbience:

Oga, if dem do the election ten times....Free and fair.

Obi no go win even once.

Nigeria isn't limited to the Southeast and Southsouth.

There is a huge mistrust against the Igbos by people of the other 2 major ethnic nationalities, including by Igbos themselves.

The so-called Obi movement is nowhere near the Buhari cult following in the North in 2003, 2007 and 2011.

It took a Southwest alliance to turn that cult following into an electoral victory. Buhari went from winning zero number of states in the Southwest to winning 5 out the 6 states in 2015.

My brother, Obi, as it stands today, cannot win any state in the Northwest, Northeast and Southwest.

I doubt that he can win any in the Northcentral region too.

Sincerely, I don't see how he can be president.

chei! E choke
Re: Pope Francis Swears-In Peter Okpaleke As Cardinal Of The Roman Catholic Church by Savagr(m): 10:03pm On Aug 27, 2022
Praxis758:
Superb!!!

Second, after Cardinal Olubunmi Okojie.
there are other cardinals

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Swears-In Peter Okpaleke As Cardinal Of The Roman Catholic Church by Kobojunkie: 10:13pm On Aug 27, 2022
Harrisonwo:
1. The pope is a representative of St Peter and still carry out the instructions given by Christ before he ascended. Upon this rock I will build my church and the gates of hell shall not prevail. Back then, Peter was seen as the leader of the Christian faithful and he delegated duties to the missionaries in his letters.
2. We are maintaining the instructions given by Christ until he returns which is always in our Creed.
1. But Jesus Christ never made Peter a saint to begin with and the instructions Jesus Christ gave to Peter, He gave also to every one of His followers. undecided

Much like it was in the Old Covenant, the Rock upon which the Church is built is God's Covenant and Agreement. Peter, a mere man is not God's agreement and covenant. Instead, Jesus Christ is the Rock on which the Church is built. He made this known in John 15 when He declared that He is the vine and everyone else a branch on the vine. undecided

2. To date, the catholic church has maintained none of that which was instructed by Jesus Christ, as it holds fast instead to its doctrines and rituals which have nothing to do with what is Jesus Christ. undecided
Re: Pope Francis Swears-In Peter Okpaleke As Cardinal Of The Roman Catholic Church by Daniel058(m): 10:47pm On Aug 27, 2022
4ward4:

Shut up you tout... If you don't Have anything meaningful to say go pick beans.
no beans here to pick oo , what I said you know it's true unless you don't know. Fyi ,I was a mass server, a member of legion of Mary, I attended Block rosary. Also a member of Divine Mercy
Re: Pope Francis Swears-In Peter Okpaleke As Cardinal Of The Roman Catholic Church by Daddyyin: 10:47pm On Aug 27, 2022
seunmind44:
daddyyin come and see chomtin

grin Even if it’s free and fair, Tinubu will still win.
Re: Pope Francis Swears-In Peter Okpaleke As Cardinal Of The Roman Catholic Church by Proudlyomonna: 10:48pm On Aug 27, 2022
Daniel058:
But it's true na, I was a mass server there cheesy

You were a mad server there undecided
Who should we ask.

Re: Pope Francis Swears-In Peter Okpaleke As Cardinal Of The Roman Catholic Church by Daniel058(m): 10:48pm On Aug 27, 2022
kingsvictor2:
take care of yourself first, it wi be a nice start
Did I not say the truth?
Re: Pope Francis Swears-In Peter Okpaleke As Cardinal Of The Roman Catholic Church by seunmind44: 10:49pm On Aug 27, 2022
Daddyyin:

grin Even if it’s free and fair, Tinubu will still win.
abeg comot jo
Re: Pope Francis Swears-In Peter Okpaleke As Cardinal Of The Roman Catholic Church by Daniel058(m): 10:50pm On Aug 27, 2022
Proudlyomonna:

You were a mad server there undecided
Who should we ask.
For ur mind defending what you know nothing about,u think say u Dey do God a favour?
Re: Pope Francis Swears-In Peter Okpaleke As Cardinal Of The Roman Catholic Church by Proudlyomonna: 11:21pm On Aug 27, 2022
Daniel058:
For ur mind defending what you know nothing about,u think say u Dey do God a favour?

For your mind, lying mumu lie,you dey decieve yourself undecided
Re: Pope Francis Swears-In Peter Okpaleke As Cardinal Of The Roman Catholic Church by OkoRemi2023(m): 11:23pm On Aug 27, 2022
seunmind44:
he will, if the election is free and fear

fear? like him go run like Ojukwu or how he ran for deep competition in PDP primary election after buying ticket

A man that promise to be different is busy wasting resources up and down, how many time was the countries he keep comparing us to, visit countries where their citizens resident to engage them because of election

this man is just a liar and can only be taken serious by his naive tribe
Re: Pope Francis Swears-In Peter Okpaleke As Cardinal Of The Roman Catholic Church by BigIyanga: 11:25pm On Aug 27, 2022
tishbite42:

Don't mind him
I thought it was Ekandem
Yes Ekandem
Re: Pope Francis Swears-In Peter Okpaleke As Cardinal Of The Roman Catholic Church by Daniel058(m): 11:25pm On Aug 27, 2022
Proudlyomonna:

For your mind, lying mumu lie,you dey decieve yourself undecided
you see u Don dey curse because you think you are doing ur church & God any favour.?
Re: Pope Francis Swears-In Peter Okpaleke As Cardinal Of The Roman Catholic Church by Proudlyomonna: 11:36pm On Aug 27, 2022
Daniel058:
you see u Don dey curse because you think you are doing ur church & God any favour.?

How I take curse now
I se you dey lie mumu lie,that one na curse?
Re: Pope Francis Swears-In Peter Okpaleke As Cardinal Of The Roman Catholic Church by Mrkindness: 12:12am On Aug 28, 2022
Mbaka the political priest will be in pain now.

He will never get to this Ecclesiastical level.

He chooses money over Truth.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Prophetic Picture Of The Year 2023 By Daniel Olukoya (G.O Mfm Worldwide) / ‘Na My Matter Go Kill You’ – Church Banner Spotted In Benin, Edo State. Photo / I Can't Stop Thinking About Sex - Solution

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.