Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,190 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:01 AM

"watch The Throne" Vs "bad Meets Evil" - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / "watch The Throne" Vs "bad Meets Evil" (2781 Views)

'Satan Be Gone' By Asa (Watch The Official Video) / Maybach Music Vs Young Money Vs Rock Nation Vs Bad Boy Vs Good Music / Watch The Throne Vs Bad Meets Evil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

"watch The Throne" Vs "bad Meets Evil" by Abagworo(m): 6:18pm On Aug 08, 2011
The two biggest rappers formed duo group with their protege.From my point of view Eminem I not a true hip-hop artist because he is white.His messages sound punk and rock to me.So I am already biased but I might not be alone because I also expect Jay/Kanye to sell 5 times more than Eminem/ Royce
Re: "watch The Throne" Vs "bad Meets Evil" by mykali(m): 6:38pm On Aug 08, 2011
Abagworo:

The two biggest rappers formed duo group with their protege.From my point of view Eminem I not a true hip-hop artist because he is white.His messages sound punk and rock to me. So I am already biased but I might not be alone because I also expect Jay/Kanye to sell 5 times more than Eminem/ Royce

how can you say that and be allowed to comment here
you should be banned for that statement.

so what is hip-hop to you then?
Re: "watch The Throne" Vs "bad Meets Evil" by amblors(m): 6:45pm On Aug 08, 2011
so hip hop discriminates by color now, na wa o.
Re: "watch The Throne" Vs "bad Meets Evil" by Abagworo(m): 6:55pm On Aug 08, 2011
mykali:

how can you say that and be allowed to comment here
you should be banned for that statement.

so what is hip-hop to you then?

Hip-hop has to do with the life of the black man.It is more like an African/American and Coloured people's street life.Eminem's stories is about suicide,killing your mother,wife battery and comedy.That is pure punk and white culture.The only part of hip-hop he shares is in arranging those stories in rhymes.

Nas,Talib Kweli,Common,Wale,Jay-z,J Cole,Meek Mills and co are hip-hop.Some are commercial while others are underground.Even Rick Ross that was a CO tells real hip-hop stories.
Re: "watch The Throne" Vs "bad Meets Evil" by slimshay(m): 7:37pm On Aug 08, 2011
^^^^ Good God!!!
Re: "watch The Throne" Vs "bad Meets Evil" by drexon104: 7:59pm On Aug 08, 2011
Abagworo:

Hip-hop has to do with the life of the black man.It is more like an African/American and Coloured people's street life.Eminem's stories is about suicide,killing your mother,wife battery and comedy.That is pure punk and white culture.The only part of hip-hop he shares is in arranging those stories in rhymes.

Nas,Talib Kweli,Common,Wale,Jay-z,J Cole,Meek Mills and co are hip-hop.Some are commercial while others are underground.Even Rick Ross that was a CO tells real hip-hop stories.
shocked
Re: "watch The Throne" Vs "bad Meets Evil" by Abagworo(m): 8:26pm On Aug 08, 2011
Re: "watch The Throne" Vs "bad Meets Evil" by mykali(m): 2:50pm On Aug 09, 2011
^^^homey, stop typing that crap. but what the heck . . .

Abagworo:

From my point of view Eminem I not a true hip-hop artist because he is white.His messages sound punk and rock to me.

everyone is entitled to his own opinion . . .no matter how stoopid it might be
Re: "watch The Throne" Vs "bad Meets Evil" by Abagworo(m): 3:13pm On Aug 09, 2011
mykali:

^^^homey, stop typing that crap. but what the heck . . .

everyone is entitled to his own opinion . . .no matter how stoopid it might be

The abuse is unnecessary but we need to separate rap from hip-hop.Eminem is a punk rapper as you can read from www.eminem.com.A white man has no place in hip-hop because his culture is different from it and has no connections.

I have listened to "Watch the throne" and it is 100 folds better than BME.
Re: "watch The Throne" Vs "bad Meets Evil" by Abagworo(m): 3:00am On Aug 13, 2011
WTT has been declared a classic by many reviews and I can't help but agree.All the songs are tight.
Re: "watch The Throne" Vs "bad Meets Evil" by rapjunkie(m): 12:23am On Aug 17, 2011
i'm sorry, but BME floors WTT in all categories apart from ego.

I've listened to both albums back to back and BME is mos def a classic!! WTT is just candy rap.

Don't get me wrong. . . .  WTT is not a bad effort and there are some good songs but as a whole,  it's just too watery. Some of the tracks are laughable, over the top commercial BS.

u cant compare the two. . . BME is off the friking chain. . . .
Re: "watch The Throne" Vs "bad Meets Evil" by kaypumpin2(m): 1:14am On Aug 17, 2011
shocked shocked as per Abagworo's comments on Emimen.Hip-hop harakiri.There's no way a man that's released Slimshady LP,MM LP,Eminem show and Recovery does not deserve his place in the top echelon of hip hop hall of fame.

There's no basis for comparison between the releases though.One is an album and the other is an EP.Let's even pretend BME is an album,it still doesn't measure upto WTT musically.The range of subjects in WTT floors it too.Lyrically though,BME is a blueprint for hip-hop collabo.Em and Royce brought back Red-Meth(Big Pun/Fat Joe) symbiosis in the way they fed off each other.

anybody thinking the game
don’t need, the Bad and the Evil regime,
that’s like saying that the Bad Boy
Piston team didn’t need Isaiah…
Re: "watch The Throne" Vs "bad Meets Evil" by Abagworo(m): 3:15am On Aug 17, 2011
As for those that call every rapper hip hop even when he lacks the culture,you can as well call P-Square greatest Yoruba artists because they made "Omoge mi" in Yoruba and outsold all the Yoruba artists.Hip hop is more of a culture and rap is an aspect.I will never accept a whiteman as hip-hop.Eminem should try and use n*gga in any of his music,let us see if he will be alive to reap the gain.He is more or less a good white rapper and it stops at that.

As for BME,I was one of the 1st to listen to the album and it is a good one but not comparable with WTT.I read someone call it classic and it sounded funny to me.Notorious BIG's "Ready To Die" was a classic because it redefined hip-hop just like "Reasonable Doubt","Illmatic","Me against The World" ,"Blue Print" etc. One thing about a classic album is that it will never be forgotten and is not seasonal.A lot of verses will be borrowed from it by future rappers.
In summary "potential classic" is a better choice of vocab because it is the future that determines a classic.

Both albums have the same "eff up" in two poppy tracks "Lighters Up" and "Lift Off".
Re: "watch The Throne" Vs "bad Meets Evil" by rapjunkie(m): 8:20am On Aug 17, 2011
Abagworo:

As for those that call every rapper hip hop even when he lacks the culture,you can as well call P-Square greatest Yoruba artists because they made "Omoge mi" in Yoruba and outsold all the Yoruba artists.Hip hop is more of a culture and rap is an aspect.I will never accept a whiteman as hip-hop.Eminem should try and use n*gga in any of his music,let us see if he will be alive to reap the gain.He is more or less a good white rapper and it stops at that.

therein lies your problem. . .  .how can anybody have an intelligent discussion with you when your mind is still stuck in the cotton plantations?. . .  how has what you spewed got anything to do with the topic in hand?. . .tut,tut,tut

so according to u, Eminem is not hip hop cos he is white. . . so i guess ur not black cos u speak english?. . .  .is that right? SMH

Abagworo:

As for BME,I was one of the 1st to listen to the album and it is a good one but not comparable with WTT.I read someone call it classic and it sounded funny to me.Notorious BIG's "Ready To Die" was a classic because it redefined hip-hop just like "Reasonable Doubt","Illmatic","Me against The World" ,"Blue Print" etc. One thing about a classic album is that it will never be forgotten and is not seasonal.A lot of verses will be borrowed from it by future rappers.
In summary "potential classic" is a better choice of vocab because it is the future that determines a classic.

Since u want to be pedantic with the choice of words. . . .then i will use 'potential classic' for BME. The album (EP) is just too tight.

Abagworo:

Both albums have the same "eff up" in two poppy tracks "Lighters Up" and "Lift Off".

First of all WTT is full of these 'poppy' tracks and secondly, 'Lighters' is a far better track than ''lift off'
Re: "watch The Throne" Vs "bad Meets Evil" by iz2much: 9:51am On Aug 17, 2011
Abagworo:

The two biggest rappers formed duo group with their protege.From my point of view Eminem I not a true hip-hop artist because he is white.His messages sound punk and rock to me.So I am already biased but I might not be alone because I also expect Jay/Kanye to sell 5 times more than Eminem/ Royce

Guy u funny gan, what Eminem got i real rap. which most black dudes dosent have, i dont think you know good music when you hear one, saying Eminem doesnt sound like a true hip-hop artist because he is white.His messages sound punk and rock to you thats words of yours sound G/A/Y,
or because u dont hear whats he is saying, go alaba go but sky B album, you go hear that one well
Re: "watch The Throne" Vs "bad Meets Evil" by rapjunkie(m): 9:59am On Aug 17, 2011
iz2much:

Guy u funny gan,  what Eminem got i real rap. which most black dudes dosent have,  i dont think you know good music when you hear one,  saying Eminem doesnt sound like a  true hip-hop artist because he is white.His messages sound punk and rock to you thats words of yours sound G/A/Y,
or because u dont hear whats he is saying,  go alaba go but sky B albumyou go hear that one well

according to abagworo. . .  .sky b = 'real' hip hop. . . . grin grin grin
Re: "watch The Throne" Vs "bad Meets Evil" by baslone: 1:51pm On Aug 17, 2011
WTH!!! The too much hype! Listened to it- no difference from the Meth and Red's "BLACKOUT" album!

It's okay,just there!
Re: "watch The Throne" Vs "bad Meets Evil" by Slyr0x: 2:09pm On Aug 17, 2011
iDon't have "Watch The Throne" YET buh right about now, i doubt if ANYTHING is gon top Em & Da 5'9”s album.
Re: "watch The Throne" Vs "bad Meets Evil" by A40(m): 9:00pm On Aug 17, 2011
Asides Em's rambling Bad Meets Evil wasnt too bad. All these arguments sef! A Jay fan would never agree that BME is better than WTT and vice versa! But WTT was obviously better
Re: "watch The Throne" Vs "bad Meets Evil" by amblors(m): 9:25pm On Aug 17, 2011
@rapj i agree a couple of the lyrics are in WTT are weak/watery.
the obvious "poppy" track as you brand it is "liftoff"
the other might me "made in america"
the rest me thinks are good.

New Day
Murder to Excellence
Church in the Wild
Primetime
Nig/gas in Paris

The are my fav.
and em i'll prefer to listen to WTT, its easier on the ear than Hell The Sequel. grin grin
beats on WTT are miles better than those on Hell the sequel.
Re: "watch The Throne" Vs "bad Meets Evil" by rapjunkie(m): 7:57am On Aug 18, 2011
well, like i said. . . WTT is not a bad effort BUT BME floors it hands down IMO.

beats? what beats?. . . .give me a friking break!!

basically, all i can say is that. . . .WTT is for easy listening. you've got to concentrate harder to get BME.
Re: "watch The Throne" Vs "bad Meets Evil" by baslone: 10:07am On Aug 18, 2011
No Church in tha wild iz still ma fav"

Madt lines!!!!!

Tears on the mauseoleum floor
Blood stains the coliseum doors
Lies on the lips of a priest
Thanksgiving disguised as a feast
Rollin’ in the Rolls-Royce Corniche
Only the doctors got this, I’m hidin’ from police
Cocaine seats
All white like I got the whole thing bleached. . . . . . . .
Re: "watch The Throne" Vs "bad Meets Evil" by Abagworo(m): 2:43pm On Aug 18, 2011
iz2much:

Guy u funny gan, what Eminem got i real rap. which most black dudes dosent have, i dont think you know good music when you hear one, saying Eminem doesnt sound like a true hip-hop artist because he is white.His messages sound punk and rock to you thats words of yours sound G/A/Y,
or because u dont hear whats he is saying, go alaba go but sky B album, you go hear that one well

What's his message?Domestic abuse.Is that hip-hop.Disrespect for your Mama?Is that hip-hop?Threatening to kill your mother and wife.Those are attitudes of white punks.

rapjunkie:

'Lighters' is a far better track than ''lift off'

I will not be surprised if Alex D Kid is your greatest hip-hop producer of all time.
Re: "watch The Throne" Vs "bad Meets Evil" by rapjunkie(m): 3:16pm On Aug 18, 2011
Abagworo:

What's his message?Domestic abuse.Is that hip-hop.Disrespect for your Mama?Is that hip-hop?Threatening to kill your mother and wife.Those are attitudes of white punks.

I will not be surprised if Alex D Kid is your greatest hip-hop producer of all time.

smh. . . . . . u need salvation, redemption, forgiveness. . . . .
Re: "watch The Throne" Vs "bad Meets Evil" by obinna5000(m): 3:26pm On Aug 18, 2011
Jay-Z & Kanye West ft. Mr. Hudson - Why I Love You

"But I’m so sorry but I just can’t die for you / But I can make em put their hands in the sky for you" - Jay-Z
Re: "watch The Throne" Vs "bad Meets Evil" by Abagworo(m): 3:37pm On Aug 18, 2011
Read this and understand what a classic is.ie for those calling BME classic.

http://www.sohh.com/2011/08/he_made_the_best_hip-hop_album_ive_heard.html

And these for those who do not know what hip-hop is and what Eminem reps.

Abagworo:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hip_hop

http://www.eminem.com/forum/default.aspx?cid=149&tid=412820
Re: "watch The Throne" Vs "bad Meets Evil" by obinna5000(m): 3:39pm On Aug 18, 2011
My favorite tracks on "Jay-Z & Kanye West - Watch The Throne"
- No Church In The Wild
- Otis
- Gotta Have It
- New Day
- Who Gon Stop Me? (I liked only the first 2 mins of the song)  cheesy
- Why I Love You

"Lift Off" was ok.

My favorite tracks on "Bad Meets Evil - Hell: The Sequel EP"
- Welcome To Hell
- Fastlane
- Above the Law
- I'm on Everything
- Lighters
Re: "watch The Throne" Vs "bad Meets Evil" by rapjunkie(m): 4:14pm On Aug 18, 2011
Abagworo:

Read this and understand what a classic is.ie for those calling BME classic.

http://www.sohh.com/2011/08/he_made_the_best_hip-hop_album_ive_heard.html

And these for those who do not know what hip-hop is and what Eminem reps.

I am a leader, i am not led. . .  .unlike u  . . I can think for myself. . .
Re: "watch The Throne" Vs "bad Meets Evil" by A40(m): 8:12pm On Aug 18, 2011
baslone:

No Church in tha wild iz still ma fav"

Madt lines!!!!!

Tears on the mauseoleum floor
Blood stains the coliseum doors
Lies on the lips of a priest
Thanksgiving disguised as a feast
Rollin’ in the Rolls-Royce Corniche
Only the doctors got this, I’m hidin’ from police
Cocaine seats
All white like I got the whole thing bleached. . . . . . . .

Rap albums cant start on a better note my friend

Abagworo:

Life of a red-neck kid wetin you expect? Lol
Re: "watch The Throne" Vs "bad Meets Evil" by iz2much: 8:52pm On Aug 18, 2011
I like Welcome to the Jungle also
on the WTT
Re: "watch The Throne" Vs "bad Meets Evil" by ajekpaks(m): 10:31pm On Aug 18, 2011
BME Carry WTT up, Nack am for ground use im nyansh siddon for im head load am with enough mess, Jeez for crying out loud, listen to yerself comparing two self accomplised rappers, Jay n Kay with Em and Royce*check out now, Underground rapper*, It means say them try,

WTT Is really cool as Otis my favorite because it has sampling of one of my favorite Jazz songs (Try a lil tenderness - Otis Redding) of all time, and I also loved No church in the wild, Why I loved and gotta have it,

Have you heard Welcome to Hell? that sets you in the mood for some Good Rap, and by the time you get down to above the law, Fast lane, I'm on everything even Lighters men you'd be spiraling up with good music,

and btw if as you say Em aint doing hip hop then I'm a believer of whatever it is you say he's doing, Punk or Rock or R/B and Blues, whatever,

I thought violence is kinda associated with rap how is it any difference from the stories Em tells? all those black wrappers what story do they tell that qualifies them as HIp hOp?
Re: "watch The Throne" Vs "bad Meets Evil" by Nobody: 4:03pm On Aug 28, 2011
ooooooooooh!!!!!

this is a TOUGH comparison! both albums are haaaawwwwwt! ive got them both and let me tell you kanye and jayz are on fire with this current project. em and royce the 59 are an interesting pair seeing as how they had a personal beef and are now on the same album. i guess proof's death aided them in squashing the foolishness but it was well worth it. i enjoyed every track esp the one featuring my boy mike epps! lmaooo!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Coded Tunes And Mo'hits: Which Oe These Two Has More Talented Artists / Da-whizkid's New Freestyle; Help Me Improve. / Flavour Album Thankful Download

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.