Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,465 members, 7,816,089 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:56 AM

Should I Pick Up This Offer Or Go To India? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should I Pick Up This Offer Or Go To India? (1614 Views)

WILL YOU TAKE THE NEW OFFER OR RECONSIDER THE UPGRADE, KINDLY ADVICE / Should I Pick D Job Offer? / 3 Jobs Offers In 10 Days!which Do I Pick? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Pick Up This Offer Or Go To India? by Nobody: 7:11pm On Aug 08, 2011
hello house, got a call from a brewery company i did an interview with last two months, that i should resume this week.I was planning to go to india dor a diploma course in advanced business computing by september 1st.
I read electrical engineering  and graduted with a 2 1 and i just finished NYSC .
am comfused between taking this job or going for the proposed diploma course in india
My intention intially was just to add some values to myself before i begin real job hunting.
I need matured advice on this.
should i take this offer or go ahead with the india trip for the diploma course?
Re: Should I Pick Up This Offer Or Go To India? by obowunmi(m): 7:21pm On Aug 08, 2011
go for the job --- who schools in india anyways ? undecided undecided
Re: Should I Pick Up This Offer Or Go To India? by santakris(m): 9:39pm On Aug 08, 2011
D job is ur sure bet. Guy wise up.
Re: Should I Pick Up This Offer Or Go To India? by santakris(m): 9:40pm On Aug 08, 2011
D job is ur sure bet. Guy wise up.
Re: Should I Pick Up This Offer Or Go To India? by AjanleKoko: 1:47am On Aug 09, 2011
Better take up the job.
What is the job by the way?
Re: Should I Pick Up This Offer Or Go To India? by Finecat(m): 2:06am On Aug 09, 2011
Don't punish yourself and your future by going to India, take the job and build your career on that. India has nothing to offer their citizens not to talk of foreigners. TAKE THAT JOB!
Re: Should I Pick Up This Offer Or Go To India? by Nobody: 8:42am On Aug 09, 2011
They took me for position of GradUate Trainee(instrumentation Engineer),
Re: Should I Pick Up This Offer Or Go To India? by afrobaby(f): 9:46am On Aug 09, 2011
My candid advise, jump at the jump, resume work with them, gather enough funds , then u can later thing of a better country to go for further studies, afterall, it is ur money you want to spend in India
Re: Should I Pick Up This Offer Or Go To India? by Nobody: 10:11am On Aug 09, 2011
Thanks for ur advice
Re: Should I Pick Up This Offer Or Go To India? by AjanleKoko: 10:32am On Aug 09, 2011
goodsegs:

They took me for position of GradUate Trainee(instrumentation Engineer),

That is a good training opportunity. Hopefully you are up for doing some real engineering work.
There is no IT course you want to go and learn in India that you can't learn here. And India is not exactly a fun place to be. Trust me, I've been there.
Re: Should I Pick Up This Offer Or Go To India? by Nobody: 5:23pm On Aug 09, 2011
AjanleKoko:

That is a good training opportunity. Hopefully you are up for doing some real engineering work.
There is no IT course you want to go and learn in India that you can't learn here. And India is not exactly a fun place to be. Trust me, I've been there.
thanks for the advice.Going for the job and i can use my weekend to do my cert training.
Re: Should I Pick Up This Offer Or Go To India? by hispy99(m): 9:11pm On Aug 09, 2011
AjanleKoko:

There is no IT course you want to go and learn in India that you can't learn here. [b]And India is not exactly a fun place to be. [/b]Trust me, I've been there.

I concur
Re: Should I Pick Up This Offer Or Go To India? by Nobody: 10:56am On Aug 19, 2011
Hello House,I resumed on the Job has promised. But I must be honest that is really not where I want to stay, No proper structure or training,No guardian,Pay is nothing to me now (35k) for the next one Year,the india boss is hardly available to even teach me,I learnt from d operators,no office for me(loll),sometimes,I just sit down morning till night,and A̶̲̥̅♏ used to being busy,after serving in a multinational firm that exposed me to a classic professional environment,I feel I can't be my best here.
And I A̶̲̥̅♏ already bored in just two weeks,
On the other hand,I have always wanted to do IT,and I have been doing some things towards that.
Now,I have full sporsonship training opportunity to india for four month,A̶̲̥̅♏ not paying a Dine,Returned ticket is paid for, accommodation,feeding and 500$ monthly stipend a♏ getting training on Linux,software testing and and some Oracle. With Business intelligence. A̶̲̥̅♏ due to travel september 1st.(All these is paid for by the scholarship).
Seriously,A̶̲̥̅♏ not feeling this job,,I work monday to saturday.I told my indian boss A̶̲̥̅♏ leaving next week,and he strongly advised me to go.I was shocked, oftware testing and and some Oracle. With Business intelligence. A̶̲̥̅♏ due to travel september 1st.(All these is paid for by the scholarship).
Seriously,A̶̲̥̅♏ not feeling this job,,I work monday to saturday.I told my indian boss A̶̲̥̅♏ leaving next week,and he strongly advised me to go.I was shocked,
Re: Should I Pick Up This Offer Or Go To India? by oladcity(m): 10:59am On Aug 19, 2011
and what are you waiting for? If you are sure the offer is not a scam
Re: Should I Pick Up This Offer Or Go To India? by Nobody: 12:00pm On Aug 19, 2011
NO,is no scam,my classmate at the uni traveled through it last year to india too.is not even hidden stuffs.
y
Re: Should I Pick Up This Offer Or Go To India? by nsodo: 12:16pm On Aug 19, 2011
Why leave a tangible opportunity for an intangible one which you're not sure of the outcomes please take the job studies can wait. If you feel like studying there good universities in Nigeria you can study as you work with in your country.
Re: Should I Pick Up This Offer Or Go To India? by Nobody: 2:37pm On Aug 19, 2011
What do you call tangle?a job that I don't get any training or proper guardian on?I don't think it should be all about money, A̶̲̥̅♏ going for Trainings all paid for and I believe I can build a solid career along that Line.A̶̲̥̅♏ young and just finished NYSC and I think I can still take some risks.
I believe doing these trainings and Cert can equip me and prepare for for the Career I L♥√ع to build.LikE I said,A̶̲̥̅♏ almost not paying a dine for this program and I have friends (2 of them ) that went to the same training institute in India on the same package.
Re: Should I Pick Up This Offer Or Go To India? by uwemjack(m): 1:36am On Aug 22, 2011
guy go for the training, 35k is small moni, moreover u have sponsorship.
Re: Should I Pick Up This Offer Or Go To India? by 234GT(m): 9:52am On Aug 22, 2011
go for the training in india. the job would have been a better option if it were with guiness or nigerian breweries. from your post the company is not a serious one
Re: Should I Pick Up This Offer Or Go To India? by 1impact(m): 12:25pm On Aug 22, 2011
If u love yourself, go for the job
it is ur sure bet wink wink wink cool
Re: Should I Pick Up This Offer Or Go To India? by Nobody: 2:59pm On Aug 22, 2011
thanks for all the advice.am going for the training.
this company is not serious and even if i want to get d experience, it wont come in a long time here, and secondly, i have always wanted to work in IT/Telecoms. I know it may not be easy gettting the jobs., yeah, am willing to take another risk,i have been doing that all my life and it hasnt killed me yet.
I appreciate all contributions.meanwhile,whats the fear? .I dont see where i fit in this company and this shouldnt stop me from my dreams.

heading towards Mohali september 1st.(india).
I pray its worthwhille experience.
Re: Should I Pick Up This Offer Or Go To India? by obowunmi(m): 11:55pm On Aug 22, 2011
keep us posted on how life in india goes --- hopefully, they won't use your penix for woor wooor
Re: Should I Pick Up This Offer Or Go To India? by herome: 2:30am On Oct 28, 2011
GO TO INDIA A GET SELF DEVELOPMENT, IF POSSIBLE WHILE IN INDIA SECURE A JOB WHILE SCHOOLING AND JOBS WILL LOOK FOR YOU BECAUSE MORE VALUE HAS BEEN ADDED TO YOU BY THE TIME YOU COME BACK TO NIGERIA. AND NEVER SETTLE FOR WHAT IS BELOW YOUR WORTH.
FOR MORE PROFOUND ANSWERS,REACH ME ON KELECHI.NDUDI@YAHOO.COM FOR APPRECIATION MSG, CONSULTING, KIND AND CASH
Re: Should I Pick Up This Offer Or Go To India? by BAKAREAAT(m): 5:10pm On Oct 29, 2011
You really need to explain in details about the job i.e salary Package,Level of the brewery in nigeria economy,Market share
conditions etc.Then we can counsel you on what to do and equal explain to us about your going to india.
Thank You.
Taiwo

(1) (Reply)

I. T. Training: Train Now, Pay Later / Workers - What's Your Plan B After Retirement? / Job Interview Tips - Job Interview Questions And Answers ( A Must Watch )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.