Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,167 members, 7,821,957 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:49 PM

Nigerian Chatting With A Woman At A Bus Stop Is Shot Dead - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian Chatting With A Woman At A Bus Stop Is Shot Dead (9290 Views)

Driver Kills Woman At Cele Bus-Stop, Lagos On Her Way To Work (Graphic Photo) / Picture Of A Policeman Who's Hand Was Chopped Off In While Trying 2 Catch A Bus / Photos: Pregnant Lady Charmed By A One Eyed-beggar In A Bus In Enugu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Chatting With A Woman At A Bus Stop Is Shot Dead by KaKaww: 7:45pm On Aug 08, 2011

Police appeal: Daniel Famakinwa died an hour later in hospital

A man chatting with a woman at a bus stop was shot dead when an argument erupted.

Daniel Famakinwa, 20, was waiting with friends for a bus in West Norwood after a night out when a row broke out with another group of young men.

He was shot just after 4.15 on Saturday morning.

As other people fled, the woman Mr Famakinwa had been talking to stayed with him to try and help.

However she left when police arrived and is one of several people murder squad detectives are urging to come forward.

The shooting took place in Waylett Place at the junction with Norwood Road. Mr Famakinwa from Manor Park in east London was taken to King's College Hospital where he died over an hour later.

Detective Chief Inspector Caroline Goode said: "We know Daniel had been out dancing that night with a group of friends and afterwards they were waiting for a bus. There was an altercation between Daniel's group and another group of black men who were also waiting at the bus stop which has resulted in Daniel being killed.

"I would urge anyone who was in the area at the time, and who may have seen or heard anything suspicious, to come forward as you may hold significant information.

"We are specifically appealing for a white woman in a checked shirt who was also at the bus stop, and who had no connection to either group, to come forward. She understandably made off at the time but we need her to contact police - she may have vital information.

"We also want to trace a young black woman who was speaking to Daniel immediately prior to the shooting, and was present through the incident and stayed behind to help. However she left before police arrived and again we need to speak with her as a matter of urgency.

"I believe there were also a number of other black women at the bus stop who fled after the incident, and again we need them to come foreword and make themselves known."

Anyone with information should call the incident room on 020 8721 4868 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/article-23976370-row-at-bus-stop-ends-in-20-year-old-shot-dead-after-night-out.do
Re: Nigerian Chatting With A Woman At A Bus Stop Is Shot Dead by r231(m): 8:16pm On Aug 08, 2011
wow

what is this country turning to now
Re: Nigerian Chatting With A Woman At A Bus Stop Is Shot Dead by Nobody: 8:16pm On Aug 08, 2011
"Another group of black men"! Hopefully that is for the sake of the investigation and not that England is finally borrowing a page from US and Australia!!

R.I.P Daniel Famakinwa!!!
Re: Nigerian Chatting With A Woman At A Bus Stop Is Shot Dead by Nobody: 8:20pm On Aug 08, 2011
nothing good happens to young people between the hours of 12 midnight and 6am. Make una stay in ya papa bed!
Re: Nigerian Chatting With A Woman At A Bus Stop Is Shot Dead by OAM4J: 8:36pm On Aug 08, 2011
Sad.
Re: Nigerian Chatting With A Woman At A Bus Stop Is Shot Dead by Odunnu: 8:42pm On Aug 08, 2011
what a waste of life!!!
Re: Nigerian Chatting With A Woman At A Bus Stop Is Shot Dead by bennie1980(m): 3:17pm On Aug 10, 2011
Your Killer(s) shall have no peace. R.I.P!
Re: Nigerian Chatting With A Woman At A Bus Stop Is Shot Dead by Nipeks(m): 3:18pm On Aug 10, 2011
I guess they will be considering the evacuation offer now
Re: Nigerian Chatting With A Woman At A Bus Stop Is Shot Dead by paraphase(m): 3:20pm On Aug 10, 2011
wink
Re: Nigerian Chatting With A Woman At A Bus Stop Is Shot Dead by ragdollz: 3:20pm On Aug 10, 2011
May God PUNISH the people behind the death of this promising young man! They may be white or black I don't care, who ever goes around carrying a gun to shoot anyone who says a word or two they take objection to, will DIE a gruesome death one day!!

OK, venting over, I wish peace and eternal rest to Daniel Famakinwa. Sleep in the bosom of the Lord!
Re: Nigerian Chatting With A Woman At A Bus Stop Is Shot Dead by babaowo: 3:21pm On Aug 10, 2011
hmmmmm sad sad  sad!!!
Re: Nigerian Chatting With A Woman At A Bus Stop Is Shot Dead by Ojumiii(m): 3:24pm On Aug 10, 2011
r.i.p
Re: Nigerian Chatting With A Woman At A Bus Stop Is Shot Dead by Kx: 3:28pm On Aug 10, 2011
Ka-Kaww!:

Police appeal: Daniel Famakinwa died an hour later in hospital

The shooting took place in Waylett Place at the junction with Norwood Road.

r231:

wow

what is this country turning to now

By this country, do u mean Uk or Naija?
Re: Nigerian Chatting With A Woman At A Bus Stop Is Shot Dead by islamrules(m): 3:33pm On Aug 10, 2011
I dont know wetin you keep for Britain wey you they go there go find.
We have world class millionares in nija.
Except PHCN problem.
You work free without deadly tax.
Nobody limit or force the number hours you can work.
There is work if you have the qualification.
Msweeeeee
Re: Nigerian Chatting With A Woman At A Bus Stop Is Shot Dead by baslone: 3:35pm On Aug 10, 2011
Thot only naija iz unsafe!
Re: Nigerian Chatting With A Woman At A Bus Stop Is Shot Dead by Nobody: 3:37pm On Aug 10, 2011
Beirut, South London, or is it Pakistan?

SAD. R.I.P brother,
Re: Nigerian Chatting With A Woman At A Bus Stop Is Shot Dead by Airtimex(m): 3:41pm On Aug 10, 2011
9ja is not secured either
Re: Nigerian Chatting With A Woman At A Bus Stop Is Shot Dead by Oloweo(m): 3:43pm On Aug 10, 2011
Imagine, thats the one we heard who knows how many that are gone. I think this is the time for government to intervene before all the Nigerians over there are killed. May his gentle soul rest in perfect peace, Amen.

Re: Nigerian Chatting With A Woman At A Bus Stop Is Shot Dead by phreakabit(m): 3:55pm On Aug 10, 2011
^^^^ You look fuckn dumb! Take that stup1d pic of yours down! This thread is about the deceased not you. Abi na you die? RIP to the deceased jor. BTW whats up with Nigerian Yoruba boys getting killed everywhere? Just a simple innocent question based on stats from recent posts, no form of tribalism intended.
Re: Nigerian Chatting With A Woman At A Bus Stop Is Shot Dead by ifyalways(f): 4:06pm On Aug 10, 2011
Olowoe is that you or the late young man

Sad.

davidylan:

nothing good happens to young people between the hours of 12 midnight and 6am. Make una stay in ya papa bed!
Co-signed.
Re: Nigerian Chatting With A Woman At A Bus Stop Is Shot Dead by Epiphany(m): 4:09pm On Aug 10, 2011
davidylan:

My guy, i tire for people o. I dont know what they will be doing outside at those ungodly hours. Tell them o!
Re: Nigerian Chatting With A Woman At A Bus Stop Is Shot Dead by iyaibeji1: 4:11pm On Aug 10, 2011
As a mother i can't imagine suffering for my child for 20years and then get this bad sad news.
may God console his parents/family 'cos no-one else can.
RIP
Re: Nigerian Chatting With A Woman At A Bus Stop Is Shot Dead by Nobody: 4:14pm On Aug 10, 2011
No where is safe in d world now.
Re: Nigerian Chatting With A Woman At A Bus Stop Is Shot Dead by islamrules(m): 4:15pm On Aug 10, 2011
Rest in peace Olowe
Re: Nigerian Chatting With A Woman At A Bus Stop Is Shot Dead by islamrules(m): 4:15pm On Aug 10, 2011
Oops sorry, I am confused by the picture. Can I remove my previous post?
Re: Nigerian Chatting With A Woman At A Bus Stop Is Shot Dead by Goodcare(m): 4:23pm On Aug 10, 2011
It's so painful see me crying cry cry cry God have mercy on this GENTLE ;GOODLOOKING; ENERGERTIC ;AND DYNAMIC; SOUL!!!
Re: Nigerian Chatting With A Woman At A Bus Stop Is Shot Dead by velo10: 4:27pm On Aug 10, 2011
Rest in Peace dude. He was at the wrong place at the wrong time
Re: Nigerian Chatting With A Woman At A Bus Stop Is Shot Dead by MrCork17: 4:28pm On Aug 10, 2011
waz he selling Nigerian DVD movies? grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Chatting With A Woman At A Bus Stop Is Shot Dead by justwise(m): 4:31pm On Aug 10, 2011
islamrules:

I dont know wetin you keep for Britain wey you they go there go find.
We have world class millionares in nija.
Except PHCN problem.
You work free without deadly tax.
Nobody limit or force the number hours you can work.
There is work if you have the qualification.
Msweeeeee

Are you just being silly or what? What is world class millionaire?

R.I.P Daniel Famakinwa
Re: Nigerian Chatting With A Woman At A Bus Stop Is Shot Dead by armyofone(m): 4:33pm On Aug 10, 2011
RIP

davidylan:

true word! even in africa sef, we fear night time as it is time for witches, ogbologbos and wizard. apply the same if you live outside nigeria. stay indoor when day done dark.
Re: Nigerian Chatting With A Woman At A Bus Stop Is Shot Dead by Jarus(m): 4:47pm On Aug 10, 2011
I hope the guy is not a Nairalander
Re: Nigerian Chatting With A Woman At A Bus Stop Is Shot Dead by Senatorkolade: 4:49pm On Aug 10, 2011
NIGERIANS IN UK SHOULD COME HOME TO INSURE THEIR LIFE WITH JASS.
AYETA, OKIGBE, ALUWO, ANASARE, GBEKUNMI, ATIDIYO AND AGBETI DEY FOR NAIJA AT A LOW PRICE.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

UDUTH Staff, 4 Others Arrested By DSS Over Alleged Sale Of Children / Court Remands Man For Sexually Molesting Toddler In Ondo / Graphic Pics Of UGM That Killed Two Nigeria Army Personnel{couples} Photo's

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.