Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,328 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:54 AM

Akwa Ibom Government Website Hacked - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Akwa Ibom Government Website Hacked (9180 Views)

Kebbi State University Of Science And Technology Official Website Hacked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akwa Ibom Government Website Hacked by fratermathy(m): 1:14am On Dec 04, 2015
The official website of the Akwa-Ibom State Government has been hacked by an unknown person that calls himself Xvirus. The website has been defaced and replaced with a page linking to the hacker's Facebook account.
It should be noted that this is not the first time that the websites of Nigerian Governmental Agencies, Ministries and the official website of the Federal Government itself have been hacked. One can recall some months ago when some hackers defaced our official website http://nigeria.gov.ng.
Although this hack attempt will be neutralised once the web developers of the website observe it (which is one of the aims of this write-up), it should be stressed that we need to protect our websites, especially vital and sensitive ones such as the Governmental Websites, from hackers. Vital documents can be stolen, confidential matters laid bare, and a whole lot of other calamities can be conjured by the hackers to unleash mayhem in a myriad of ways upon us and/or our Governments.
It is time for Nigeria to rethink her cyber security. When was the last time we heard that Governmental websites in the U.S. or U.K. were hacked? Are their computers, servers, web-hosts, etc, any different from ours? These nations pay critical attention to cyber security. Infact, when a website belonging to a major movie production company was hacked last year, the United States Government treated the issue as a national security threat and responded pro-actively.
We need to make our websites hack-proof by employing "ethical hackers" (such as myself cheesy) to test websites for exploits and vulnerabilities that may render them hackable. Websites should be hosted on dedicated servers which are procured legitimately and protected from leeching, viruses, illegal RDP connections, etc. Governmental websites must employ SSL certificates and make their connection HTTPS "secure"! Websites must make directory listing impossible and also prevent hotlinking of files. File uploads, if they must be present, should be routed to temporary folders or public directories and should not be in the same directories with vital website files. File extensions must be limited to "PNG", "FLV", "OGG", etc. These extensions are harder to use as "viral masks". Ports should be limited to basic ones like :80, :8080, :2096 and :2082. Ports such as :2222, :53, :21, etc, should be disabled if possible and forwarded if impossible. Daily backups, at best, and weekly backups, at worst, should be carried out on servers and websites. IP blacklisting should be enabled and site hits closely monitored. In fact, I could go on and on on cyber security and would not get tired. However, I have said the most salient points that should be put in place for a "hack-proof website". While no website is "TOTALLY SAFE" from hack attempts, we can minimise their possibilities and make it harder to attempt by blocking all vulnerabilities.
Please we need CHANGE in CYBER SECURITY or else, a terrible hacker shall soon rise and undertake a "cyber-coup" of our Federal Government! All levels of Governments in the country should take note. It should finally be noted that I am simply a student of knowledge and a devout computer "worshipper", I do not claim to be an authority. In essence, my write-up is subject to scrutiny, edits, corrections and what-have-we.

Meanwhile, the hacked website is http://akwaibomstate.gov.ng/ (see screenshot below)
Akwa-Ibom State is the largest oil producing state in Nigeria! Its capital is in the serene and notably neat city of Uyo. The current Governor is Deacon Udom E. Udom.

- Thoughts and Sentiments of Mathias Orhero (literarymathy@gmail.com)

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom Government Website Hacked by DICE234(m): 2:24am On Dec 04, 2015
Xvirus noni. but what actually is d point? can it give him more money in anyway? or is he just trying to make a statement?

meanwhile

Do you have a skill or do you run a service and yet not making much money out of it? Chances are that many people don't know you have this skill or offer such services and yet someone in your area might be in desperate need of your services... are you a makeup artist, event manager, Dj, Piano tutor, Model, Rented Usher, Bass guitar tutor, graphics designer, web developer, actor/actress, Lesson teacher, french Lesson tutor, programmer, etc... register your services/skill at (check my signature) and be surprised how many people require your services out there but don't know you offer them. Sabiboy.com... someone, somewhere needs your services.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Government Website Hacked by Nobody: 7:58am On Dec 04, 2015
Nice one man.. I think most of our Website re hosted on Shared Hosting only few use VPS hosting which is more easier to hack.. I blame the Web developing company for such errors.. But I think hackers should be punished for such an evil act. my thought thou.

Lalasticlala wat ya say?

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Government Website Hacked by damton(m): 8:18am On Dec 04, 2015
Hmmmmmmm.
Re: Akwa Ibom Government Website Hacked by sonofthunder: 8:18am On Dec 04, 2015
I swear it wasn't me.

7 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Government Website Hacked by chuchutech(m): 8:18am On Dec 04, 2015
hmm, who designed it?

[size=14pt]THE BEST VEHICLE T-RACK-ING & PROTECT UR RIDE FROM THEFT THIS XMAS. ENG-INE DEMOBILIZATION WITH MOBILE PHONE ANYWHERE.[0706 972 62-81] [/size]
Re: Akwa Ibom Government Website Hacked by ellalina(f): 8:18am On Dec 04, 2015
fratermathy:
The official website of the Akwa-Ibom State Government has been hacked by an unknown person that calls himself Xvirus. The website has been defaced and replaced with a page linking to the hacker's Facebook account.
It should be noted that this is not the first time that the websites of Nigerian Governmental Agencies, Ministries and the official website of the Federal Government itself have been hacked. One can recall some months ago when some hackers defaced our official website http://nigeria.gov.ng.
Although this hack attempt will be neutralised once the web developers of the website observe it (which is one of the aims of this write-up), it should be stressed that we need to protect our websites, especially vital and sensitive ones such as the Governmental Websites, from hackers. Vital documents can be stolen, confidential matters laid bare, and a whole lot of other calamities can be conjured by the hackers to unleash mayhem in a myriad of ways upon us and/or our Governments.
It is time for Nigeria to rethink her cyber security. When was the last time we heard that Governmental websites in the U.S. or U.K. were hacked? Are their computers, servers, web-hosts, etc, any different from ours? These nations pay critical attention to cyber security. Infact, when a website belonging to a major movie production company was hacked last year, the United States Government treated the issue as a national security threat and responded pro-actively.
We need to make our websites hack-proof by employing "ethical hackers" (such as myself cheesy) to test websites for exploits and vulnerabilities that may render them hackable. Websites should be hosted on dedicated servers which are procured legitimately and protected from leeching, viruses, illegal RDP connections, etc. Governmental websites must employ SSL certificates and make their connection HTTPS "secure"! Websites must make directory listing impossible and also prevent hotlinking of files. File uploads, if they must be present, should be routed to temporary folders or public directories and should not be in the same directories with vital website files. File extensions must be limited to "PNG", "FLV", "OGG", etc. These extensions are harder to use as "viral masks". Ports should be limited to basic ones like :80, :8080, :2096 and :2082. Ports such as :2222, :53, :21, etc, should be disabled if possible and forwarded if impossible. Daily backups, at best, and weekly backups, at worst, should be carried out on servers and websites. IP blacklisting should be enabled and site hits closely monitored. In fact, I could go on and on on cyber security and would not get tired. However, I have said the most salient points that should be put in place for a "hack-proof website". While no website is "TOTALLY SAFE" from hack attempts, we can minimise their possibilities and make it harder to attempt by blocking all vulnerabilities.
Please we need CHANGE in CYBER SECURITY or else, a terrible hacker shall soon rise and undertake a "cyber-coup" of our Federal Government! All levels of Governments in the country should take note. It should finally be noted that I am simply a student of knowledge and a devout computer "worshipper", I do not claim to be an authority. In essence, my write-up is subject to scrutiny, edits, corrections and what-have-we.

Meanwhile, the hacked website is http://akwaibomstate.gov.ng/ (see screenshot below)
Akwa-Ibom State is the largest oil producing state in Nigeria! Its capital is in the serene and notably neat city of Uyo. The current Governor is Deacon Udom E. Udom.

Xvirus my nigger

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Government Website Hacked by Lovexme(m): 8:19am On Dec 04, 2015
End time hacker.
Re: Akwa Ibom Government Website Hacked by Dinocarex(m): 8:20am On Dec 04, 2015
Okay oo
Re: Akwa Ibom Government Website Hacked by sexaddict08(m): 8:20am On Dec 04, 2015
I need a hacker to hack my sugar mummy's bumbum.
Re: Akwa Ibom Government Website Hacked by kinzation(m): 8:20am On Dec 04, 2015
End time hackers grin
Re: Akwa Ibom Government Website Hacked by sule17(m): 8:20am On Dec 04, 2015
Good help kogi state
Re: Akwa Ibom Government Website Hacked by yomalex(m): 8:20am On Dec 04, 2015
Oya bring N78 million make I fix am smiley

8 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Government Website Hacked by DaPhilosopher(m): 8:21am On Dec 04, 2015
Websites like that need good security. The developer needs HOT SLAP angry

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Government Website Hacked by DONSMITH123(m): 8:21am On Dec 04, 2015
omo see gobe
Re: Akwa Ibom Government Website Hacked by efilefun(m): 8:22am On Dec 04, 2015
Re: Akwa Ibom Government Website Hacked by hertheytheydgee(m): 8:24am On Dec 04, 2015
But why?
Re: Akwa Ibom Government Website Hacked by MemphisDepay(m): 8:25am On Dec 04, 2015
So what's my business there? Wait o! Bet why?
Re: Akwa Ibom Government Website Hacked by confamgist237: 8:25am On Dec 04, 2015
endtime hacker Vs endtime website = endtime state grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Government Website Hacked by goshen26: 8:26am On Dec 04, 2015
Smarto shocked
Re: Akwa Ibom Government Website Hacked by Super1759: 8:26am On Dec 04, 2015
Ask the web hoster
Re: Akwa Ibom Government Website Hacked by Lordtrillion(m): 8:29am On Dec 04, 2015
embarassed embarassed
Re: Akwa Ibom Government Website Hacked by Nobody: 8:30am On Dec 04, 2015
yeea...Good one...naija get hot brain niggas.
creative niggas...

I tink d guy deserves an award....naija govt. should train him for more of this in future...

Weldon bro.
Re: Akwa Ibom Government Website Hacked by southcent: 8:33am On Dec 04, 2015
so what has the jobless hacker achieved now?
Re: Akwa Ibom Government Website Hacked by tobiyayo: 8:35am On Dec 04, 2015
Interesting!
Re: Akwa Ibom Government Website Hacked by gretblue: 8:36am On Dec 04, 2015
DaPhilosopher:
Websites like that need good security. The developer needs HOT SLAP angry
Even the white house website was severely hacked.
Re: Akwa Ibom Government Website Hacked by wethebest(m): 8:42am On Dec 04, 2015
kul
Re: Akwa Ibom Government Website Hacked by oooopss(m): 8:49am On Dec 04, 2015
Defacing a website that has no content? Plus he probably might have used xss

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Government Website Hacked by hod898(m): 8:53am On Dec 04, 2015
The 'hacker' is not a Hacker. He/she is a Script Kiddie. Honestly, I don't know which IT term has been most abused than the term 'Hacker'.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mrs V.A Samson, MD Of Bovas Oil And Gas Kidnapped / 17 Year Old Girl Arrested For Raping A Man At Kinfe-Point / 82-year-old Man Remanded For N41m Fraud In Oyo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.