Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,661 members, 7,823,874 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:04 PM

Some Dos And Don't On Job Interview. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Some Dos And Don't On Job Interview. (10561 Views)

How To Follow-Up On Job Applications / I Give Up On Job Hunt. I Received Two Regret Mails Same Day / See Nine (9) Dos And Don'ts While Going For A Teaching Job Interview In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Dos And Don't On Job Interview. by KennieP(m): 7:35am On Aug 30, 2022
If you are invited for a job interview, at the entrance of the gate or within the Organization's premises:

1.Politely greet everybody. I have seen MDs and Managers disguise and stand at the gate to observe interviewees.

2. Do not go inside and start charging your phone or begin to look for where to charge your phone.

3. Do not go inside and begin to chat with your phone or make unnecessary calls. Put the phone inside your bag. They could be monitoring you through the camera.

4. Avoid too much talk with fellow interviewees. Don't go there and begin to argue about the government of the day, escalated food prices and even lack of employment opportunities. Just be calm and positive.

5. Don't start praying and speaking in tongues to demonstrate your religiosity and closeness to God. Pray at home before going.

6. If they offer you Tea or food, Please reject it politely and thank them. You can take after the interview. If you take that Tea or food, you are out.

7. Don't chew gum, biscuit or anything. Go with a book and be reading it.

8. Never ever criticise your previous employer.

9. If you see somebody you know in the Organization, either as a staff or a fellow interviewee, greet him officially. Avoid creating an impression that you know him.

10. Do not appear too Poor, helpless and inferior before the interviewer. Forget about Nigeria problems, your personal and family problems. Focus on the job.

11. After the interview, put up a smiling face, thank them and leave.

In most cases, interviewers assess and score interviewees by the factors above and not necessarily by the answers they provide on paper. They'll train you eventually to do the job if they employ you. #copied

77 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Some Dos And Don't On Job Interview. by saxtaiwo: 12:27pm On Aug 30, 2022
The economic and job situation in Nigeria is in total chaotic mess. How do you imagine what Nigerians go through in the hands of interviewers. Imagine going for an interview they called 9am and will still not be attended to by 4pm and at the end they will say they are testing your patience and it's part of the interview. My greatest worry is this CV of a thing. I really can't tell the best format for CV writing, we keep hearing of different styles everyday. Until we turn to a productive country where more and better jobs will be created this nonsense won't stop.
Please greet everybody on the street of the company your going for interview. Greet the dogs too.

59 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Dos And Don't On Job Interview. by sofeo(m): 12:29pm On Aug 30, 2022
Informative and it all boil down to our moral values though.

2 Likes

Re: Some Dos And Don't On Job Interview. by Chukdobz20: 12:29pm On Aug 30, 2022
This only apply to Nigeria the poverty capital of the world with high unemployment and under employment.

Here in Europe, employers literally slide into my LinkedIn message to sell open positions to me, some will even offer monetary benefits like signon bonus paid just to attract employees.

When I go to interviews here, I ask for water or tea whatever they have.. Interview is conducted as friendly chats with lots of jokes and humour. You have to tell them what you want to be paid and both parties can negotiate the salary.

Unfortunately, in Nigeria we are so timid with employees because the country is in total mess.

When I first arrived here, I addressed my boss as sir until one day he corrected me to address him by his first name. You are not obligated to greet anyone first.. Even bossess say hi to employees without expecting the employee to greet first..

Nigeria is in deep shit. We need to emancipate ourselves socially, mentally, economically, politically, religiously.

100 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Some Dos And Don't On Job Interview. by teacherbim(f): 12:29pm On Aug 30, 2022
Number 6,wont some petty Bosses find it rude to reject the food offer?

9 Likes

Re: Some Dos And Don't On Job Interview. by Loldorable: 12:31pm On Aug 30, 2022
Pls I need an urgent loan of 100k to support my agro business and I will pay back with interest, pls check My profile for contact details

2 Likes

Re: Some Dos And Don't On Job Interview. by tillaman(m): 12:31pm On Aug 30, 2022
Informative

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Some Dos And Don't On Job Interview. by GoldenJAT(m): 12:31pm On Aug 30, 2022
E fit still shock you after all of the above!! Na God de run the matter!! Person fit hate u for no reason!!
Good points though!!

16 Likes

Re: Some Dos And Don't On Job Interview. by klickstar: 12:32pm On Aug 30, 2022
Please moderators we need more educational articles like this and less of bbnaija and recycled thieves.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Dos And Don't On Job Interview. by SalemIfeanyi1(m): 12:33pm On Aug 30, 2022
hahahahahahaha
Wahahla be like rejecting tea when dem neva employ u sef grin grin grin
teacherbim:
Number 6,wont some petty Bosses find it rude to reject the food offer?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Dos And Don't On Job Interview. by mustbewell: 12:33pm On Aug 30, 2022
Noted
Re: Some Dos And Don't On Job Interview. by ImoleNaija: 12:33pm On Aug 30, 2022
Re: Some Dos And Don't On Job Interview. by toygod2: 12:38pm On Aug 30, 2022
ok sir
Re: Some Dos And Don't On Job Interview. by Elymoney(f): 12:39pm On Aug 30, 2022
KennieP:
If you are invited for a job interview, at the entrance of the gate or within the Organization's premises:

1.Politely greet everybody. I have seen MDs and Managers disguise and stand at the gate to observe interviewees.

2. Do not go inside and start charging your phone or begin to look for where to charge your phone.

3. Do not go inside and begin to chat with your phone or make unnecessary calls. Put the phone inside your bag. They could be monitoring you through the camera.

4. Avoid too much talk with fellow interviewees. Don't go there and begin to argue about the government of the day, escalated food prices and even lack of employment opportunities. Just be calm and positive.

5. Don't start praying and speaking in tongues to demonstrate your religiosity and closeness to God. Pray at home before going.

6. If they offer you Tea or food, Please reject it politely and thank them. You can take after the interview. If you take that Tea or food, you are out.

9. If you see somebody you know in the Organization, either as a staff or a fellow interviewee, greet him officially. Avoid creating an impression that you know him.

10. Do not appear too Poor, helpless and inferior before the interviewer. Forget about Nigeria problems, your personal and family problems. Focus on the job.

In most cases, interviewers assess and score interviewees by the factors above and not necessarily by the answers they provide on paper. They'll train you eventually to do the job if they employ you. #copied

They shared food at a recent interview i attended. lol. I took the food sha

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Dos And Don't On Job Interview. by winfy11(m): 12:41pm On Aug 30, 2022
Except the Lord build the house, the builders labor in vain
Re: Some Dos And Don't On Job Interview. by hotspice29(m): 12:46pm On Aug 30, 2022
Hmmm � comment just a page long. 7-8 pages long if the thread topic was some mundane issue. SMH ��‍♂️

1 Like

Re: Some Dos And Don't On Job Interview. by Mubby4luv(m): 12:47pm On Aug 30, 2022
Elymoney:

They shared food at a recent interview i attended. lol. I took the food sha
You did well jare.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Dos And Don't On Job Interview. by teacherbim(f): 12:51pm On Aug 30, 2022
SalemIfeanyi1:
hahahahahahaha
Wahahla be like rejecting tea when dem neva employ u sef grin grin grin
cheesy
Re: Some Dos And Don't On Job Interview. by abdulwassi(m): 12:54pm On Aug 30, 2022
Na who apply dey get chance for interview.. Abeg Mk una dey share link oh, man is jobless and hungry.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Some Dos And Don't On Job Interview. by 9jaGovernment: 12:56pm On Aug 30, 2022
Fareserwe:
Haba

Credible.
But nobe you go tell me wetin I go do.
grin grin grin. Give me tea during dispute resolution and see if I no go commot outside coordinate bread use am wash am down.

Na who need customers the open shop.

1 Like

Re: Some Dos And Don't On Job Interview. by Depersonalized: 1:02pm On Aug 30, 2022
Ontop how much?
Re: Some Dos And Don't On Job Interview. by Primusinterpares(m): 1:05pm On Aug 30, 2022
Pray to God and Answer your interview questions the best way you can and comport yourself.
Do not tell lies about yourself. Just sell yourself properly.

1 Like

Re: Some Dos And Don't On Job Interview. by Chymummy89: 1:06pm On Aug 30, 2022
After all the dos and don't stuff, laslas na still peanut they Will give as a salary. Tueh...most jobs these days na scam.

2 Likes

Re: Some Dos And Don't On Job Interview. by Mikester: 1:15pm On Aug 30, 2022
saxtaiwo:
The economic and job situation in Nigeria is in total chaotic mess. How do you imagine what Nigerians go through in the hands of interviewers. Imagine going for an interview they called 9am and will still not be attended to by 4pm and at the end they will say they are testing your patience and it's part of the interview. My greatest worry is this CV of a thing. I really can't tell the best format for CV writing, we keep hearing of different styles everyday. Until we turn to a productive country where more and better jobs will be created this nonsense won't stop.
Please greet everybody on the street of the company your going for interview. Greet the dogs too.

I know the best formats for cv writing if you don't mind, I can be of help.

Re: Some Dos And Don't On Job Interview. by berryPee(m): 1:27pm On Aug 30, 2022
OP above all these points, have GOD ON YOUR SIDE
Re: Some Dos And Don't On Job Interview. by Adedotguy: 1:30pm On Aug 30, 2022
angry
Re: Some Dos And Don't On Job Interview. by lilfresh96(m): 1:31pm On Aug 30, 2022
M
Re: Some Dos And Don't On Job Interview. by ike007(m): 1:40pm On Aug 30, 2022
KennieP:

Thank you...i could use this
Re: Some Dos And Don't On Job Interview. by GboyegaD(m): 1:53pm On Aug 30, 2022
All these things don't work that way.

If an MD poses at the gate, then bear of what you are getting into.

If offered tea or brunch, follow your heart. If you are invited for a1pm interview, it is lunch hour as such, if offered and you are hungry, please eat. There's no need for unnecessary pretense.

You don't have to act super pious. If you need to eat anything at the reception area, walk up to the front desk and ask permission on what is permissible. Reading a book doesn't make you more serious than the person chatting over phone.

Above all, there are no hard and fast rules to all of these things.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Dos And Don't On Job Interview. by Sitwalkstand: 2:03pm On Aug 30, 2022
Number 6 doesn't apply in Western nations.

They don't care if you take or not.

It has nothing to do with how you will perform on the job. Only in Nigeria where employers set traps for potential employees.

Most interviews here, they will ask you if you need water or coffee or tea and its just very close to where you are seated.

It shows confidence if you can be sipping coffee and responding well.

You don't loose a job here because you accepted an offer they made you

5 Likes

Re: Some Dos And Don't On Job Interview. by Thislifee: 2:19pm On Aug 30, 2022
saxtaiwo:

Greet the dogs..lol

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

NEW Job Recruitment Company for NIGERIANS, AMERICANS and CANADIANS / Invite From Iconic Ace Integrated Services / Food Concepts PLC Graduate & Experienced Job Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.