Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,047 members, 7,828,684 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:53 PM

2 Widows Accused Of Being Witches Tortured To Death In Cross River (Graphic Pics - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 2 Widows Accused Of Being Witches Tortured To Death In Cross River (Graphic Pics (38911 Views)

Three Children Abandoned In Akwa Ibom After They Were Accused Of Being Witches / Nene Steve & Joy Aboel: Housemaid Tortured To Death, Hanged To Fake Suicide / #JusticeForChima: Chima Ikwunado, Mechanic Tortured To Death By Police In Rivers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2 Widows Accused Of Being Witches Tortured To Death In Cross River (Graphic Pics by angelfallz(m): 12:28pm On Aug 30, 2022
Say no to jungle justice
This nonsense has to stop.
Re: 2 Widows Accused Of Being Witches Tortured To Death In Cross River (Graphic Pics by siofra(f): 12:36pm On Aug 30, 2022
Rozross:
May their killers never go unpunished, how do some people reason sef, can they kill a true witch? Calabar has refused to move with time, very unattractive culture.

This is not Calabar. It's another part of Cross River state, a local government area called Boki.

Believe me, they are different.

In Calabar witches are not burnt.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2 Widows Accused Of Being Witches Tortured To Death In Cross River (Graphic Pics by siofra(f): 12:37pm On Aug 30, 2022
HarlequinLekex:
Am sorry to say this,why is it that old women are mostly and wrongly accused of witch craft in this part of the world

MISOGYNY
Re: 2 Widows Accused Of Being Witches Tortured To Death In Cross River (Graphic Pics by Horus(m): 12:45pm On Aug 30, 2022
Why so many religious believers have a tendency toward superstition?. Many such wrong practices are happening, not just in Nigeria but all over the world. Intelligent people should wake up and stop all this. In all religions there are such superstitions. It is necessary to remove this. In the name of religion many such things happen.
Re: 2 Widows Accused Of Being Witches Tortured To Death In Cross River (Graphic Pics by EricSmallz(m): 12:49pm On Aug 30, 2022
15ssDRIVE:

Sometime of the children have been brainwashed into believing their innocent mothers, be witch oh.
Na Stupid Children be that o

1 Like

Re: 2 Widows Accused Of Being Witches Tortured To Death In Cross River (Graphic Pics by noble2faith(m): 12:49pm On Aug 30, 2022
I hate Cross River and Akwa Ibom state with passion! Tueh!
Re: 2 Widows Accused Of Being Witches Tortured To Death In Cross River (Graphic Pics by iLoveYouToo(m): 12:53pm On Aug 30, 2022
If you're poor pray not to live till you're very old. This is truly saddening
Re: 2 Widows Accused Of Being Witches Tortured To Death In Cross River (Graphic Pics by Nobody: 12:54pm On Aug 30, 2022
headbasher96:
i wonder how some people think in this country

Bro naso tears run from my eyes..

This is someone mother
Re: 2 Widows Accused Of Being Witches Tortured To Death In Cross River (Graphic Pics by Sapeleomi: 1:05pm On Aug 30, 2022
Obio4real:
More details have emerged on how two widows, Mrs Martina Osom and Mrs Rose Akom were tortured to death by youths on Saturday, August 27 in Ebbaken community in Boje, Boki Local Government Area of Cross River State.

Photos obtained by GRASSROOT REPORTERS shows one of the aged women tied with sticks while the other was set ablaze.

GRASSROOT REPORTERS gathered that the women who are Catholics were returning from early morning prayers when the youths accused them of initiating a member of the community into witchcraft.

They had ordered the women to confess that they are witches.

An eyewitness had told Vanguard that:
“They were both tied with strong ropes and beaten in the rain all through the day until they died."

Source: https://www.grassrootreportersng.com/2022/08/photos-how-2-widows-accused-of-being-witches-were-tortured-to-death-in-criver.html

----(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))))))))=))
This is a classic example of how backward we are in terms of thinking, mindset, and conflict resolutions.. Many of our people are too emotional with negative vibes, lack critical thinking and cannot solve problems without wicked method..
Every developed nations have evolved and understand the importance of collecting evidence, establishing facts first before conviction, not just relying on feelings, gossips, or superstition, before reaching a conclusion..

We still have a lot to learn about our negative emotions and that not all thoughts in our mind are true...
Borrowed religions beliefs compounded with traditional practices that accuses without providing facts is an hindrance to our development.. How do we treat other people that are disadvantaged by age, physical attributes, gender, health or vulnerability?
We should remember that the older you become you likely to suffer from memory loss, emotional and mental disorder? As a people we should do more to understand these health issues, dementia, learning difficulties, down syndrome, rather than rely on religions or superstition for clarity and meaning to things..
Africas need continued education into science of the mind, body and how treat and relate with others...
We alll need exposure and collective perspective in reaching conclusion..
Most importantly there must be strong sanctions for people that lack emotional control, ignore legal conflict resolution mechanisms to authorise the killing of another person regardless of the accusation...
People are too wicked and prone to engage in cruel activities withing consideration if the victim is innocent...
I hope one day pastors, religions clerics, and people in power either local babalawos or head of a community, who accuses people of witchcraft or crimes without evidence are prosecuted and made an example of...
Re: 2 Widows Accused Of Being Witches Tortured To Death In Cross River (Graphic Pics by headbasher96(m): 1:06pm On Aug 30, 2022
Aurielfinizu:

Bro naso tears run from my eyes..

This is someone mother
when calamity plague that community now everybody go the blame God

1 Like

Re: 2 Widows Accused Of Being Witches Tortured To Death In Cross River (Graphic Pics by AFONJAPIG(m): 1:18pm On Aug 30, 2022
I want to sell my citizenship .... I don't mind being of Afghanistan
Re: 2 Widows Accused Of Being Witches Tortured To Death In Cross River (Graphic Pics by Nobody: 1:19pm On Aug 30, 2022
Please can someone please tell me how these killers define what is a witch?

For me I assume a witch is someone with super-natural powers, so if that is the case how can they allow themselves to be so powerless to prevent their torture and murder? undecided

We have a failed society if these type or murders and jungle justice are let unpunished and that is the simple truth.
Re: 2 Widows Accused Of Being Witches Tortured To Death In Cross River (Graphic Pics by Ojukwu007(m): 1:23pm On Aug 30, 2022
This is absolutely wrong and unfair...

Some people from AK and CR deserve to be driven to far away GEMBU or CAMEROON.

So barberic!!!

1 Like

Re: 2 Widows Accused Of Being Witches Tortured To Death In Cross River (Graphic Pics by SaturnNick(m): 1:33pm On Aug 30, 2022
Buharism, causing frustrated people to transfer aggression embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: 2 Widows Accused Of Being Witches Tortured To Death In Cross River (Graphic Pics by greatness77: 1:33pm On Aug 30, 2022
Obio4real:
More details have emerged on how two widows, Mrs Martina Osom and Mrs Rose Akom were tortured to death by youths on Saturday, August 27 in Ebbaken community in Boje, Boki Local Government Area of Cross River State.

Photos obtained by GRASSROOT REPORTERS shows one of the aged women tied with sticks while the other was set ablaze. Calabar people is still in 14th century

GRASSROOT REPORTERS gathered that the women who are Catholics were returning from early morning prayers when the youths accused them of initiating a member of the community into witchcraft.

They had ordered the women to confess that they are witches.

An eyewitness had told Vanguard that:
“They were both tied with strong ropes and beaten in the rain all through the day until they died."

Source: https://www.grassrootreportersng.com/2022/08/photos-how-2-widows-accused-of-being-witches-were-tortured-to-death-in-criver.html
Re: 2 Widows Accused Of Being Witches Tortured To Death In Cross River (Graphic Pics by Emperor88(m): 1:37pm On Aug 30, 2022
07kjb:
They really look like witches
You are m@d.. useless human being

1 Like

Re: 2 Widows Accused Of Being Witches Tortured To Death In Cross River (Graphic Pics by wickedtuna: 1:38pm On Aug 30, 2022
HarlequinLekex:
Am sorry to say this,why is it that old women are mostly and wrongly accused of witch craft in this part of the world
Because they live longer
Re: 2 Widows Accused Of Being Witches Tortured To Death In Cross River (Graphic Pics by excesslove90(m): 1:42pm On Aug 30, 2022
This is disheartening#
Re: 2 Widows Accused Of Being Witches Tortured To Death In Cross River (Graphic Pics by ShaqFu: 1:45pm On Aug 30, 2022
What manner of barbarism is this for Petes sake. All those who carried out the torture and murder of these women should be arrested and trialed for premeditated murder

This nonsense need to stop at once. Nigerians just can't take the law into their own hands. Gosh!.
Re: 2 Widows Accused Of Being Witches Tortured To Death In Cross River (Graphic Pics by ike007(m): 1:53pm On Aug 30, 2022
EricSmallz:
Haba!
Don't they have children?
Na wa o.

In asking myself this question too...even siblings or relatives .

1 Like

Re: 2 Widows Accused Of Being Witches Tortured To Death In Cross River (Graphic Pics by ike007(m): 1:56pm On Aug 30, 2022
I didn't see anywhere where the savages who killed the women are caught or any police investigation...I'm beginning to think it's legal to kill suspected "witches" in these areas.
Re: 2 Widows Accused Of Being Witches Tortured To Death In Cross River (Graphic Pics by mecuries(m): 2:01pm On Aug 30, 2022
This menace in South-south has got to stop.... These women are people's mothers/aunties/relative...the 'witches/wizards' are in the government house,they are the cause of your hardship and not this innocent women.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2 Widows Accused Of Being Witches Tortured To Death In Cross River (Graphic Pics by meobizy(f): 2:03pm On Aug 30, 2022
If they don’t kill youthful men on the suspicion of cultism and armed robbery, it’s old women and/or children on the suspicion of witchcraft. Africans are a low subset of animals. Make I japa quick. At least in the white man’s land na my skin colour be the only wahala. If I work hard, I’ll make good money to survive.
Re: 2 Widows Accused Of Being Witches Tortured To Death In Cross River (Graphic Pics by babajero(m): 2:19pm On Aug 30, 2022
Mufakirnaqdiun:
These innocent women na em una carry kill like this?
Those who carried out this murder will surely pay for it,don't be surprised this murder was carried out by their fellow Christians (not same denomination)

It's only a fool who at this present age and time of information will believe in witches (flying spiritual magic ones), religion, sorcery, superstition.
If you fall in this category then do the whole world a favor by breaking the yoke of slavery in your life.
Aboki abeg if life don taya you go look for bomb vest strap for your body enter one mosque go blow yourself up, after all your 72 virgins dey wait for you for Mohammed lap.

Everytime stupid people like you go dey look for religious argument online.
Re: 2 Widows Accused Of Being Witches Tortured To Death In Cross River (Graphic Pics by sherlock229(m): 2:20pm On Aug 30, 2022
Nigeria needs iron hands, a president like me, una never serious for this country.. still stucked in middle ages
Re: 2 Widows Accused Of Being Witches Tortured To Death In Cross River (Graphic Pics by maasoap(m): 2:24pm On Aug 30, 2022
CeazerMafia22:
Africans are quick to believe a witch somewhere is the cause of their misfortunes.
God help this Generation sad
HarlequinLekex:

Most especially, South South. Their problem with accusation of witchcraft is just too much. There is no category of age or gender that they haven't accused of being a witch! From toddler to aged.

1 Like

Re: 2 Widows Accused Of Being Witches Tortured To Death In Cross River (Graphic Pics by maasoap(m): 2:26pm On Aug 30, 2022
GenBuhari:
Please can someone please tell me how these killers define what is a witch?

For me I assume a witch is someone with super-natural powers, so if that is the case how can they allow themselves to be so powerless to prevent their torture and murder? undecided

We have a failed society if these type or murders and jungle justice are let unpunished and that is the simple truth.

The fact that you even believe in the existence of this nonsense makes you part of the problem. You just didn't know
Re: 2 Widows Accused Of Being Witches Tortured To Death In Cross River (Graphic Pics by 15ssDRIVE(m): 2:33pm On Aug 30, 2022
EricSmallz:

Na Stupid Children be that o

Sure boss.
Re: 2 Widows Accused Of Being Witches Tortured To Death In Cross River (Graphic Pics by Reelmii: 2:43pm On Aug 30, 2022
Where were their children
Re: 2 Widows Accused Of Being Witches Tortured To Death In Cross River (Graphic Pics by Mrfixitt(m): 2:52pm On Aug 30, 2022
HarlequinLekex:
Women are more into witchcraft here in Africa. Don't ask me how I got to know about it
Re: 2 Widows Accused Of Being Witches Tortured To Death In Cross River (Graphic Pics by harmony75: 2:53pm On Aug 30, 2022
Jeez � � � o my God this is so disheartening ��� jobless youths they will not go and find something to do with their lives. It is innocent old woman be their problems

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Fulani Men Carrying Guns At A Filling Station In Zamfara (pics) / 12 Notorious Kidnappers Terrorising East-West Road Arrested In Rivers (photos) / Yeshua Udosen: 18-Year-Old Boy Missing In Lekki (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.