Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,712 members, 7,820,492 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:50 PM

How Can I Get Rid Of My Tribal Marks. - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / How Can I Get Rid Of My Tribal Marks. (13810 Views)

Photos: Are Tribal Marks Attractive Or Repulsive? / Culture Or Cruelty? Do We Still Need Tribal Marks?(pics) / My Tribal Marks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Get Rid Of My Tribal Marks. by Freewilly(f): 3:10am On Aug 09, 2011
I'm Yoruba and unfortunately for me, when I was little my grandfather put those disgusting tribal marks on my face.

I'm all grown up now and these marks really bother me sad sad

Please does anyone know how I can get rid of these marks cry cry
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of My Tribal Marks. by Chyz2: 3:13am On Aug 09, 2011
Just dont try and do what Seal did.

Re: How Can I Get Rid Of My Tribal Marks. by Freewilly(f): 3:16am On Aug 09, 2011
^^^ dear what did seal, I know his face is kinda disfigured, but I never knew he did it to himself shocked shocked
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of My Tribal Marks. by Nobody: 3:16am On Aug 09, 2011
Freewilly is Igbo. An Igbo woman ashamed of her ethnicity.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Get Rid Of My Tribal Marks. by Freewilly(f): 3:18am On Aug 09, 2011
No haters on my thread pls angry
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of My Tribal Marks. by tpia5: 3:20am On Aug 09, 2011
nbb [never been banned] syndrome undecided
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of My Tribal Marks. by Pweety4me(f): 5:16am On Aug 09, 2011
@OP is that ur pic?

Well unfortunatly you can't remove them dear, just accept it the way it is.
smiley
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of My Tribal Marks. by Freewilly(f): 10:23pm On Aug 09, 2011
Pweety4me:

@OP is that your pic?

Well unfortunatly you can't remove them dear, just accept it the way it is.
smiley

I hope to save enough money, maybe a plastic surgeon can help me with my issue sad
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of My Tribal Marks. by tpia5: 11:33pm On Aug 09, 2011
the op gives me the creeps.

she's been on nl since 2005.

lord knows how many thousands of alternate m/f monikers she's had in that interval and how many nlers are attached to her butt region.

satan is a deceiver.
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of My Tribal Marks. by Emmyk(m): 1:03am On Aug 12, 2011
Hahahaha. Nice tribal marks. Proudly nigerian cheesy

1 Like

Re: How Can I Get Rid Of My Tribal Marks. by otapiapia: 3:07am On Aug 18, 2011
tpia@:

the op gives me the creeps.

she's been on nl since 2005.

lord knows how many thousands of alternate m/f monikers she's had in that interval and how many nlers are attached to her butt region.

satan is a deceiver.

Not everyone is jobless. She's been here since 2005, but has few posts.

Translation: She has a job.

@topic
Go to the market and buy a very sharp knife to scrap them off.
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of My Tribal Marks. by tpia5: 3:12am On Aug 18, 2011
^^you're making sense to yourself i'm sure.

did you miss or intentionally ignore the rest of my post.
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of My Tribal Marks. by otapiapia: 3:41am On Aug 18, 2011
tpia@:

^^you're making sense to yourself i'm sure.

did you miss or intentionally ignore the rest of my post.

Seems you got lots of time on your hands to know that. Good for you.
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of My Tribal Marks. by nsodo: 2:13pm On Aug 23, 2011
There is one option left for you and that is to go for surgery but am worried about one thing that it is too expensive but if you have it those marks are going to be history because after you will never see them again.
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of My Tribal Marks. by razznaija(f): 6:36pm On Aug 29, 2011
You could get a chemical peel or laser surgery, there are different kinds of chemical peels but i'm not sure that you would be qualified to get a chemical peel. It's usually for people with wrinkles and acne scars, but if are qualified you would need a deep chemical peel if you get it it would take about a month for the wounds to heal. Chemical peels range from $100-$3,000 Google it to find out more.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Get Rid Of My Tribal Marks. by razznaija(f): 6:39pm On Aug 29, 2011
Chyz*:

seal didn't do that to himself, he suffered from "lupus" when he was a teenager and that's why he has those scars.
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of My Tribal Marks. by Nobody: 7:29pm On Aug 30, 2011
Freewilly:

I'm Yoruba and unfortunately for me, when I was little my grandfather put those disgusting tribal marks on my face.

Your mama has got real explaining to do here. My sure bet is that you are not your father's son/daughter, otherwise u won't be posting this.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Get Rid Of My Tribal Marks. by aljharem3: 10:46pm On Aug 30, 2011
naijamark:

Your mama has got real explaining to do here. My sure bet is that you are not your father's son/daughter, otherwise u won't be posting this.

don't mind her, she is igbo

actually my igbo wife trying to be mischievous cheesy cheesy wink
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of My Tribal Marks. by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:50am On Aug 31, 2011
razznaija:

seal didn't do that to himself, he suffered from "lupus" when he was a teenager and that's why he has those scars.

yes you are right. and Seal is a half-breed. his mama Nigerian n paps briazilian.
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of My Tribal Marks. by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:51am On Aug 31, 2011
Freewilly:

dont remove them. they are a symbol of your idenitity. you are disrespecting your family and your grandfather by doing so. even i have them and they dont look very bad. angry angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: How Can I Get Rid Of My Tribal Marks. by Freewilly(f): 8:24am On Aug 02, 2012
I'm proud to say I have finally decided to have surgery to remove my mark I'll keep you're updated.
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of My Tribal Marks. by PAGAN9JA(m): 4:52pm On Aug 02, 2012
^ shme on you. . angry

1 Like

Re: How Can I Get Rid Of My Tribal Marks. by Freewilly(f): 9:44pm On Aug 02, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:
^ shme on you. . angry

shame on me for?
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of My Tribal Marks. by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:53pm On Aug 02, 2012
Freewilly:

shame on me for?

for having no pride and self-respect. no sense of tradtion also.

you think people are going to admire you once you do away with them marks NO. you will just be another commoner in a sea of commoners. .tongue

1 Like

Re: How Can I Get Rid Of My Tribal Marks. by slimyem: 12:27am On Aug 03, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

for having no pride and self-respect. no sense of tradtion also.

you think people are going to admire you once you do away with them marks NO. you will just be another commoner in a sea of commoners. .tongue
why e dey pepper you for body like this?
@op,don't mind the haters..
It is your body and you have a right to do whatever will make you more comfortable in it.
Goodluck with the surgery!
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of My Tribal Marks. by Freewilly(f): 1:51am On Aug 03, 2012
slimyem: why e dey pepper you for body like this?
@op,don't mind the haters..
It is your body and you have a right to do whatever will make you more comfortable in it.
Goodluck with the surgery!
Thank you jare!!! some people just don't understand.
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of My Tribal Marks. by anonymous6(f): 12:05pm On Aug 03, 2012
Aren't Tribal Marks permanent, unless it is tatoo ones I guess
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of My Tribal Marks. by Zeruchi: 9:05pm On Aug 03, 2012
They can do skin resurfacing to minimize the difference between the mark and surrounding skin. Skin grafting and other stuff.
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of My Tribal Marks. by Tolaaaaannni(f): 12:23am On Aug 04, 2012
Chyz*:

Next time you want to show your stupi.dity, you should do some research first. What's on seal's face isn't tribal marks, It was from an ilness he had as a kid (Discoid Lupus Erythematosus) its a skin condition that can leave scars on your body.
As for the op I will say wear your tribal mark strong and proud because the only way you can get rid of it is through plastic surgery(And even, that doesn't have an 100% guarantee)
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of My Tribal Marks. by topsyking: 7:40am On Sep 12, 2012
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of My Tribal Marks. by omatech: 9:40pm On Oct 07, 2017
call +2348163115844 or visit their website https://tribalmarkremoval..com.ng/ they are so good to remove your mark
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of My Tribal Marks. by omatech: 8:14am On Oct 09, 2017

(1) (Reply)

Tokunbo (Second Hand) Virgins / Lagos Obas Canvass August 20 As Isese Day Holiday / Ogun Assembly Approves Isese Cultural Day Every August 20

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.