Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,429 members, 7,812,268 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:56 AM

How To Send Self Distructing Messages: - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How To Send Self Distructing Messages: (1873 Views)

How Do I Configure My Outlook To Send Email Messages? / The Code To Send "setttings" To In Order To Activate My Mtn Browser / How Do I Retrieve My Offline Messages From Yahoo Messenger? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Send Self Distructing Messages: by Ralvy(m): 11:31am On Aug 17, 2007
[b]I got a call from ma cousin saying he wants to send a message to some 1 that can automatically delete itself after it's being viewed 1ce, and I remembered I have being doing such things ages back,
Here I'm going to be teaching you how to create messages that automatically deletes its self after it's being viewed.

I thought about it and I don't think it's possible because emails downloaded into Outlook are saved inside the computer. If there's a code to make the email client to auto delete that email, it will pose a very great security risk. Imagine sending an email that can delete all everything in your My Documents or even worse, from the root of the drive.

Although it's impossible to automatically delete message, email or text in emails, but there's a similar way where you can send a link to the recipient via email. The link and web page is specially crafted to only view once or auto expire after a predefined interval. When the recipient opens the link and read the contents, the link will no longer work the next time you try to use again. Thanks to those creative people who thought of this idea which enables us to send a message that can self delete.

There are many web sites that offers this free service. Tech[dot]Blog listed 10 websites that is able to self destruct a message.

I randomly tested one of the service called KickNotes from the 10 free services listed by Tech[dot]Blog.

Once KickNotes web site finished loading, you'll be asked whether to set the message to self destruct after being opened at a few times or after a predefined interval(Minutes, Hours, Days or Weeks). Then type the message. It can either be in plain text or HTML. You can preview the message before creating the self destruct message. Once you're sure the message is correct, just click on the Create Message button.

Find attached "kicknotes-auto-delete-msg.jpg";

The next page will show you the specially crafted link that contains your message that expires. Enter your email or name, and then your friend's email address and click the Send Link button. Your friend will receive an email containing the link. Opening up the link will display the message that you typed. Once the link expires, either after a few views or days, you'll get the message saying "The message you're trying to view has either never existed or has self destructed".

Find attached "kicknotes-message-deleted.jpg"

I will be posting another interesting topic on how to hide text in images on my blog. Keep Checking wink[/b]

Re: How To Send Self Distructing Messages: by Banderas(m): 11:33am On Aug 17, 2007
Oooh, how wonderful. You're a genius!!
Re: How To Send Self Distructing Messages: by Ralvy(m): 11:38am On Aug 17, 2007
Thanks Banderas cheesy wink
Re: How To Send Self Distructing Messages: by Ralvy(m): 12:50pm On Aug 17, 2007
For latest updates on ma blog, follow this link;

http://nerve-it..com/search?updated-min=2007-01-01T00%3A00%3A00-08%3A00&updated-max=2008-01-01T00%3A00%3A00-08%3A00&max-results=2
Re: How To Send Self Distructing Messages: by hayprof(m): 8:59pm On Aug 17, 2007
this is ok, Good boy grin
Re: How To Send Self Distructing Messages: by PTBNaija(f): 1:58am On Aug 18, 2007
Ohhh, I'm going to try this, and have a lot of fun with it tongue

Thanks! grin
Re: How To Send Self Distructing Messages: by awwal8: 4:03am On Aug 18, 2007
guy u're made!
Re: How To Send Self Distructing Messages: by lilvonz(m): 3:02pm On Aug 18, 2007
Thanks soo much.
I feel like getting a personal contact with u

(1) (Reply)

Is There A Website Where I Can Check My Account Online / Avast Antivirus License Code That Will Last Till 2038 / How To Remove "Picture" From .mp3 Files.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.