Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,665 members, 7,823,883 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:18 PM

How Do I Configure My Outlook To Send Email Messages? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How Do I Configure My Outlook To Send Email Messages? (4393 Views)

How Will I Configure My Modem For Etisalat Sim. / How Can I Configure My Pc To Browse Using Phone As A Modem / Configure your Microsoft Outlook to read Gmail and other email providers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Configure My Outlook To Send Email Messages? by listenmore: 2:46pm On Dec 14, 2011
please house, i have configured my outlook to receive messages both for my yahoo and gmail account. But i still cant send messages from it. Your would greatly be appreciated. thanks. I use IPNX wireless network from the router.
Re: How Do I Configure My Outlook To Send Email Messages? by uhuns: 3:41pm On Dec 14, 2011
Google out the posted with the explora version. U will get a fair deal
Re: How Do I Configure My Outlook To Send Email Messages? by listenmore: 4:37pm On Dec 14, 2011
yeah thanks! from what i got i need to know what the IPNX (ISP provider) allows in order to be able to send out from my outlook. i mean their settings, which is what i dont know.
Re: How Do I Configure My Outlook To Send Email Messages? by alex406(m): 9:53am On Dec 15, 2011
I dont know about google but for yahoo you have to upgrade to yahoo mail plus user to use that feature.
Re: How Do I Configure My Outlook To Send Email Messages? by listenmore: 10:42am On Dec 15, 2011
[size=8pt][size=8pt]Like i said i am already receiving (Downloading) my message for both yahoo and google through Microsoft outlook, that is not the issue. the issue is i cant compose and send through my outlook. it is telling the setting is not ok. when i googled it i learnt that for sending out, you need to know the settings for the internet service provider isp, I am using IPNX and i dont know their settings. Can some one pls help me out? [/size][/size]
Re: How Do I Configure My Outlook To Send Email Messages? by Nobody: 7:22pm On Dec 15, 2011
You can't compose? How? You probably need to check the settings you entered when you configured your yahoo(I assume you have yahoomail plus) and gmail for outlook. I don't think internet service provider details comes into play when setting up email for outlook. Use google (just type 'gmail yahoo outlook settings'), there are lots guides online to help you setup your email.
Re: How Do I Configure My Outlook To Send Email Messages? by wrexs: 8:17pm On Dec 15, 2011
Most Nigerian ISPs block SMTP port by default. You have to contact them to enable it for you. I once did it with IPNX and I was required to present a
1. A request letter
2. A means of identification (International Passport/Drivers' licence)
3. A utility Bill
4. If a corporate institution, copy of your CAC certificate.

I submitted those, and it was enabled for me.

I hope thats helpful.

Cheers!
Re: How Do I Configure My Outlook To Send Email Messages? by listenmore: 10:29am On Dec 16, 2011
Most Nigerian ISPs block SMTP port by default. You have to contact them to enable it for you. I once did it with IPNX and I was required to present a
1. A request letter
2. A means of identification (International Passport/Drivers' licence)
3. A utility Bill
4. If a corporate institution, copy of your CAC certificate.

I submitted those, and it was enabled for me.

I hope thats helpful.

Cheers!

You have been very helpful, thanks so much, I really appreciate it. So what settings did u use for OUTGOING MAIL and how do I contact IPNX, also its my work place that subscribed from them, I dont know how it would look like approaching them. If they gave u their outgoing mail settings aside from resetting you from the default mode, could you please let me know it.
Re: How Do I Configure My Outlook To Send Email Messages? by listenmore: 10:33am On Dec 16, 2011
You can't compose? How? You probably need to check the settings you entered when you configured your yahoo(I assume you have yahoomail plus) and gmail for outlook. I don't think internet service provider details comes into play when setting up email for outlook. Use google (just type 'gmail yahoo outlook settings'), there are lots guides online to help you setup your email.

@Sting As you can see from above, ISPs have something to do with settings for outlook. And thanks for your contribution.
Re: How Do I Configure My Outlook To Send Email Messages? by wrexs: 1:57pm On Dec 16, 2011
I contacted them by mail since they normally send me Payment confirmation. There is no big deal about it. Just reach them and tell them You are trying to send mail using outlook and it keep reporting that they (your ISP) blocked your SMTP port. They will reply you confirming that it is blocked by default as directed by EFCC blablabla, and they will request you to send the documents I stated before as a requirement for them to enable it for you.
Best of lucks.
Re: How Do I Configure My Outlook To Send Email Messages? by listenmore: 2:08pm On Dec 16, 2011
I contacted them by mail since they normally send me Payment confirmation. There is no big deal about it. Just reach them and tell them You are trying to send mail using outlook and it keep reporting that they (your ISP) blocked your SMTP port. They will reply you confirming that it is blocked by default as directed by EFCC blablabla, and they will request you to send the documents I stated before as a requirement for them to enable it for you.
Best of lucks.

@Wrex pls kindly help me with their email address, thanks. I really appreciate it.
Re: How Do I Configure My Outlook To Send Email Messages? by Techliet(m): 12:08am On Aug 26, 2016
Here is a step by step guide on how to create Email signature in Outlook office

(1) (Reply)

. / Power Bank For Laptops / Mppt Solar Charge Controller; 12/24v, 10a Input, For Sale @ 8k Naira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.