Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,804 members, 7,851,704 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 05:58 AM

PROPOSAL For The Creation Of "Academic Staff Union Of State Universities - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / PROPOSAL For The Creation Of "Academic Staff Union Of State Universities (314 Views)

Pay Rise: FG Excludes State Universities, ASUU Kicks / Why Exactly Are State Universities On ASUU Strike? / List Of State Universities In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

PROPOSAL For The Creation Of "Academic Staff Union Of State Universities by seunmind44: 10:06pm On Aug 30, 2022
*"Advocacy PROPOSAL for the Creation of "Academic Staff Union of State Universities (ASUSU).*

1. Each State University should take up their local issues with their Council and Visitor.

2. National Body of ASUSU to be for Benchmarking meetings and to share Experiences.

3. Each State University can strive for global competitiveness.

4. ASUU for now does not respect us and we have nothing to gain by following in their struggles.

5. "Strike" is *NOT* the *LAST RESORT* to Negotiations.

6. To save Nigerian University system,we need Thinking *NOT* Stagnation.

7. All State universities have *NO* further business in *ASUU* after Osedeke tagged us ALL as "Irrelevant Quacks"!

*His letter of withdrawal from membership of ASUU*

Mohammed Aliyu Paiko,
Biochemistry & Biotechnology Dept., Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University Lapai (IBBUL), Niger State.
28-08-2022.

To: *Chairman ASUU, IBBUL Chapter*
Subject:

*WITHDRAWAL FROM MEMBERSHIP OF ASUU IBBUL CHAPTER*
Dear Chairman,
Please refer to the subject matter above, as it affects my membership of your branch of the National Union.

After due consideration of recent events concerning the 6 Months' struggle of the national ASUU,leading to the recent irresponsible and inexcusable tagging by the ASUU President of members in State Universities as "Quacks and Irrelevant", it has become clear to me that indeed, there is a clear perception of bias,total disrespect for and class differences of members in state Universities.

To say that the ASUU President overreached himself by buckling under pressure to engage in professional misconduct by resorting to the use of vulgar language on other members, is putting it mildly.Prof Osedeke's outburst is not only a negative point, it is the height of irresponsible leadership, as has been asserted by many others, publicly and privately.

Despite all the negative press that his uncouth outburst has generated, Prof.Osedeke chooses to shift the blame to the Journalists who interviewed him,instead of taking responsibility and offering apologies,to regain the confidence of those members who felt slighted by his provocative insults.

This demonstrates to me the failure of leadership and the peak of insensitivity by someone elected to pilot the affairs of our Great Union. I have thus lost confidence in his leadership.

Sadly and more pertinently, the IBBUL branch Chairman's responses to the call for Osedeke to apologise has been greeted by equally irresponsible opinion, suggesting that he shares in Osedeke's gaffes and does not see anything wrong with them.This is a clear breach of the popular ASUU mantra "an injury to one, is an injury to all. "

Therefore,having considered these events carefully, it has become obvious to me that ASUU as presently constructed, under the leadership of Prof Osedeke at the National and Mr Kudu Dangana at IBBUL no longer represent for me platform where my grievances may be pursued genuinely.

This as I have come to realise that there are first class and Second class citizens in the union.This realisation is unacceptable to me in every contemplation.

After considering my individual position in the union,I wish to voluntarily withdraw my membership with effect from today, Sunday the 28th August 2022.By this letter therefore,I wish to place it on record that I cease to be a member of ASUU, from branch to National.

The branch Chairman is thus intimated to kindly advise Bursary to desist from deduction of membership dues from my salary with effect from September 2022.

I thank you all Colleagues that have been resolute in the struggle with me in the past.We have reached our junction,as I will take my own separate path from here going forward,to take my own chances not as a "Quack and Irrelevant" that all of you have accepted to be tagged.

I wish you all the best in your future endeavours.
Thank you.

Signed
Professor Mohammed Paiko
Re: PROPOSAL For The Creation Of "Academic Staff Union Of State Universities by Bluntguy: 10:30pm On Aug 30, 2022
When they strike will it be against the federal government or their individual states?

(1) (Reply)

#敦促蔡英文及其軍政首腦投降書 / Freelancing Tutors / How To Smash Ielts Writing Task 2.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.