Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,478 members, 7,865,027 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 11:00 AM

Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them - Car Talk (55) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them (108073 Views)

Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? / REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech / Let's Troubleshoot This Car Fault. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (134) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by adubam(m): 1:38pm On Apr 17, 2023
Greeting my Ogas.
My AC has linkage and it was discovered that it was from the condenser.
3 options is opened to my by the technician:

1. Repair by welding it and flushing = 3k
2. Buy Belguim = 17k
3. Buy new one = 30k

Please from experience which you I go for.

Camry 2.2
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 2:46pm On Apr 17, 2023
adubam:
Greeting my Ogas.

2. Buy Belguim = 17k
3. Buy new one = 30k

Camry 2.2

New

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by josephsm823(m): 2:50pm On Apr 17, 2023
kingreign:

Waaaahaaaaalaaaaaaa!

Well, get your car scanned to we know what to advise better
Okay boss.. will get it scanned.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by adubam(m): 3:17pm On Apr 17, 2023
kingreign:

New

Thank you Boss!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by lyort: 11:13pm On Apr 17, 2023
adubam:
Greeting my Ogas.

2. Buy Belguim = 17k
3. Buy new one = 30k

Camry 2.2

Weld it and flush. 2.2 Camry condenser has larger fins, I've never replaced one throughout my years of repairing those cars.

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by adubam(m): 9:10am On Apr 18, 2023
lyort:

Weld it and flush. 2.2 Camry condenser has larger fins, I've never replaced one throughout my years of repairing those cars.

Thank you.

That's what one AC man told me. Another said it might affect the compressor.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 9:15am On Apr 18, 2023
lyort:

That it work doesn’t make it the right thing to do. In this thread, we preach about the right way to fix cars and not some rather shoddy under tree shade repair style.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by favoured247(m): 4:15pm On Apr 18, 2023
My 2005 Corolla sport doesn’t go past 90km/h even when you are on full throttle. Scanned it and the result had to do with throttle position error or so. The mechanic drained the gear box oil, serviced the filter and the throttle sensor and said it was okay. So I took it home. Driving it again yesterday I realized the car still doesn’t accelerate beyond 90km/h
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 5:31pm On Apr 18, 2023
favoured247:
My 2005 Corolla sport doesn’t go past 90km/h even when you are on full throttle. Scanned it and the result had to do with throttle position error or so. The mechanic drained the gear box oil, serviced the filter and the throttle sensor and said it was okay. So I took it home. Driving it again yesterday I realized the car still doesn’t accelerate beyond 90km/h
What is the code saying?
Pls post it let’s advise you accordingly.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Sankabson(m): 5:54pm On Apr 18, 2023
Hello House,

Just changed my Camry 2011 AC Compressor to Tokunbo Manual Compressor , few hours ago.The belt was changed too. But I started noticing funny sounds coming from the AC vent. But the AC is very chilling..

Could this be, that the compressor is not a good one or it was replaced with something different from the initial one, that’s not compatible with the car ?

I hate hearing funny and uncomfortable sounds from my car.. Kindly help out..

Thanks
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 6:08pm On Apr 18, 2023
Sankabson:
Hello House,

Just changed my Camry 2011 AC Compressor to Tokunbo Manual Compressor , few hours ago.The belt was changed too. But I started noticing funny sounds coming from the AC vent. But the AC is very chilling..

Could this be, that the compressor is not a good one or it was replaced with something different from the initial one, that’s not compatible with the car ?

Thanks

Ask your AC technician to fix what he did
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by favoured247(m): 6:10pm On Apr 18, 2023
kingreign:

What is the code saying?
Pls post it let’s advise you accordingly.

P2138
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 6:40pm On Apr 18, 2023
favoured247:

P2138

Is your car an electronic throttle pedal and throttle body or a cable operated type?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by favoured247(m): 7:18pm On Apr 18, 2023
kingreign:

Is your car an electronic throttle pedal and throttle body or a cable operated type?
I think it is electronic. It has sensor. I complained to the mechanic again and he is saying we will replace the fuel pump. I just don't want to buy a fuel pump and at the end the result is the same. I will be furius
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 9:22pm On Apr 18, 2023
favoured247:

I think it is electronic. It has sensor. I complained to the mechanic again and he is saying we will replace the fuel pump. I just don't want to buy a fuel pump and at the end the result is the same. I will be furius

Replace throttle pedal with a tokunbo unit complete with the sensor.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Meklex(m): 9:35pm On Apr 18, 2023
Oga Kingreign

My foreign used es330 recently started doing hard starting. I will turn the key up to 4 times before it starts. Sometimes it starts at a single key turn. Sometimes at 2 or more key turns.

It doesn't happen only in the mornings. But once it starts, it starts easily at the first key turn.

I also noticed if I rev the car at gear one, it moves slowly before changing to the second gear and then it moves well after that.

I haven't repaired anything in the car except change oil and clean the air filter.

What could be the problem?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 10:01pm On Apr 18, 2023
Meklex:
Oga Kingreign

My foreign used es330 recently started doing hard starting. I will turn the key up to 4 times before it starts. Sometimes it starts at a single key turn. Sometimes at 2 or more key turns.

It doesn't happen only in the mornings. But once it starts, it starts easily at the first key turn.

I also noticed if I rev the car at gear one, it moves slowly before changing to the second gear and then it moves well after that.

I haven't repaired anything in the car except change oil and clean the air filter.

What could be the problem?

Pls my brother, I suggest you scan the car and post codes here let’s tackle this palava together.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Meklex(m): 10:15pm On Apr 18, 2023
kingreign:

Pls my brother, I suggest you scan the car and post codes here let’s tackle this palava together.
it's showing P0330 but it has been showing it since March last year when I bought it and the mechanic I went to advised that I leave it since na new car and the repair would require they open the engine
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 10:38pm On Apr 18, 2023
Meklex:
it's showing P0330 but it has been showing it since March last year when I bought it and the mechanic I went to advised that I leave it since na new car and the repair would require they open the engine
They’ll not open the engine. Wha mr they’ll do is to take off the intake and the knock sensor is in the belly of the V. I suspect rodent infestation. However, pls scan that car engine and transmission then post codes.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Meklex(m): 10:43pm On Apr 18, 2023
kingreign:

They’ll not open the engine. Wha mr they’ll do is to take off the intake and the knock sensor is in the belly of the V. I suspect rodent infestation. However, pls scan that car engine and transmission then post codes.
I recently started seeing rat poops in the bonnet.

I will try and scan the car tomorrow
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by favoured247(m): 10:54pm On Apr 18, 2023
kingreign:

Replace throttle pedal with a tokunbo unit complete with the sensor.
Okay thanks. I will tell the mechanic
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by lyort: 1:24pm On Apr 19, 2023
kingreign:

That it work doesn’t make it the right thing to do. In this thread, we preach about the right way to fix cars and not some rather shoddy under tree shade repair style.

Thank you.

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Originakalokalo(m): 7:08pm On Apr 19, 2023
I need help.

Short term fuel trim reads around - 7.3

Long term fuel trim is reading+25.

Black soot deposit in the exhaust pipe

Fuel consumption is high.

I got a system too lean code upon scanning.

Car is Honda Accord 2007.

@ Kingreign

...and anyone who is willing to help....
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 7:20pm On Apr 19, 2023
Originakalokalo:
I need help.

Short term fuel trim reads around - 7.3

Long term fuel trim is reading+25.

Black soot deposit in the exhaust pipe

Fuel consumption is high.

I got a system too lean code upon scanning.

Car is Honda Accord 2007.

@ Kingreign

...and anyone who is willing to help....

Pls chat me up if it’s okay by you, you have my number.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Meklex(m): 7:49pm On Apr 19, 2023
kingreign:

so I scanned the car two different places and these were the results. I changed both knock sensors but the check engine light is still came on after clearing it.

Also after the first scan, TRC off and VSC light came on too and e never gree go.

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 8:25pm On Apr 19, 2023
Meklex:
so I scanned the car two different places and these were the results. I changed both knock sensors but the check engine light is still came on after clearing it.

Also after the first scan, TRC off and VSC light came on too and e never gree go.

E get one codes I no understand here. Was this car flooded or was the ecu replaced?

That said, check if the car has adequate fuel pressure going to the engine and also check if the security light goes off when key is inserted into the ignition
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Kreamie(m): 8:55pm On Apr 19, 2023
wrongest move ever
Sankabson:
Hello House,

Thanks
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Meklex(m): 9:33pm On Apr 19, 2023
kingreign:

E get one codes I no understand here. Was this car flooded or was the ecu replaced?

That said, check if the car has adequate fuel pressure going to the engine and also check if the security light goes off when key is inserted into the ignition
I am the first owner in Nigeria and it wasn't flooded nor is the ecu replaced.

I will check the fuel pressure tomorrow.

What about the TRC OFF and VSC lights on the dashboard?

Also, what about the knock sensor? I changed two different knock sensors and it's still not working.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 9:40pm On Apr 19, 2023
Meklex:
I am the first owner in Nigeria and it wasn't flooded nor is the ecu replaced.

I will check the fuel pressure tomorrow.

What about the TRC OFF and VSC lights on the dashboard?

Also, what about the knock sensor? I changed two different knock sensors and it's still not working.

Did you check the wiring harness that sockets into the sensor and how sure are you of the sensors good state?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Meklex(m): 10:31pm On Apr 19, 2023
kingreign:

Did you check the wiring harness that sockets into the sensor and how sure are you of the sensors good state?
I am not. I intend to take it to a different, and hopefully, more knowledgeable mechanic tomorrow and I will ask him to check the whole wiring that connects to the sensor
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Meklex(m): 7:29pm On Apr 20, 2023
kingreign:

yes, the security light goes off with the key inserted and the car get adequate fuel pressure.

I changed to another knock sensors and the engibe light still came on after clearing it.

The thing is, na tokunbo sensors they get here. Is there any way to get new or original tested knock sensors?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 7:58pm On Apr 20, 2023
Meklex:
yes, the security light goes off with the key inserted and the car get adequate fuel pressure.

I changed to another knock sensors and the engibe light still came on after clearing it.

The thing is, na tokunbo sensors they get here. Is there any way to get new or original tested knock sensors?

And you’re sure if the wire is not severed by rodents?

Pls drive for some days, scan and post here.

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (134) (Reply)

Ayo Fayose's New Official Ride (PHOTOS) 1957 Mercedes Benz 220S Sedan / My Car Is Consuming Water At A Rapid Rate / 2020 Mercedes Benz AVTR Unveiled: Breaks Car Record With Its Looks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.