Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,200 members, 7,829,288 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:34 AM

Nigeria Currency Denomination With Two Versions In Circulation (photo) - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigeria Currency Denomination With Two Versions In Circulation (photo) (469 Views)

Fake New ₦‎1000 Notes In Circulation, Few Days After Release / 15-Year-Old ₦‎500 Note Currently In Circulation (Pictured) / 100 Naira Denomination In Circulation Are Worn Out. Who Else Has Noticed This? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Currency Denomination With Two Versions In Circulation (photo) by bobchigar(m): 10:14pm On Aug 31, 2022
I noticed that there is a Nigerian currency denomination with two versions in circulation that are still acceptable by the general public.

Under normal circumstance, when government introduce new version of the currency to the general public, it used to take away the old version from the circulation.

In fact there used to be deadline for the acceptability of the old version by the general public and those that are available in the circulation after the expiration of the deadline, will not be acceptable for buying and selling.

However, since when new ₦100 notes was introduced, the old and the new one are still acceptable as legal tender.

Please note that my observation is based on my experience in Lagos where I resides.

Do you also observe it in other parts of the country?

Re: Nigeria Currency Denomination With Two Versions In Circulation (photo) by Kwamecron(m): 10:26pm On Aug 31, 2022
Wetin man go do, has nobody carex, shey live no go move on nii?

But me kw dey collect the old ones oh…

And na the northerners the spend am most.
Re: Nigeria Currency Denomination With Two Versions In Circulation (photo) by Enskynelson(m): 10:27pm On Aug 31, 2022
Yes, I stil see the old 100NGN around.
But of what use is this when this 100NGN can not buy u a plate of food?
Re: Nigeria Currency Denomination With Two Versions In Circulation (photo) by Naijanascam: 10:30pm On Aug 31, 2022
Your observations are irrelevant...... the newest version was introduced to mark nigeria's centenary celebrations in 2014 by GEJ and it should be spent side by side... so don't create fears to the populace
Re: Nigeria Currency Denomination With Two Versions In Circulation (photo) by Snitch24(m): 10:31pm On Aug 31, 2022
Naijanascam:
Your observations are irrelevant...... the newest version was introduced to mark nigeria's centenary celebrations in 2014 by GEJ and it should be spent side by side... so don't create fears to the populace
Who told you This
Lmao
Re: Nigeria Currency Denomination With Two Versions In Circulation (photo) by Kobicove(m): 10:37pm On Aug 31, 2022
The old N100 note is still legal tender
Re: Nigeria Currency Denomination With Two Versions In Circulation (photo) by Jimmythewise: 10:39pm On Aug 31, 2022
Gather the ones you don't like and give me I want to check something
Re: Nigeria Currency Denomination With Two Versions In Circulation (photo) by samwash(m): 10:49pm On Aug 31, 2022
I don't accept the old notes.Some banks don't accept the old notes either.
There was a time CBN gave directives that everyone with the old notes should return it.
Re: Nigeria Currency Denomination With Two Versions In Circulation (photo) by bobchigar(m): 6:41am On Sep 01, 2022
Naijanascam:
Where is it practice to have different versions of currency at the same time? You need to get fact.
Re: Nigeria Currency Denomination With Two Versions In Circulation (photo) by Naijanascam: 6:45am On Sep 01, 2022
bobchigar:

Where is it practice to have different versions of currency at the same time? You need to get fact.

Which other country have you been apart from nigeria?
Re: Nigeria Currency Denomination With Two Versions In Circulation (photo) by Naijanascam: 9:55am On Sep 01, 2022
bobchigar:

Answer my questions first

What county have you been apart from nigeria?

(1) (Reply)

Aramex Delivery: Send and Receive Parcels at the Cheapest Price / How I Used N300K To Make N2.4 Million / Quality Kampala Adire Fabrics Sold At Cheap Prices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.