Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,369 members, 7,819,328 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:27 PM

I Lost My Savings To Scammers Today. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I Lost My Savings To Scammers Today. (3203 Views)

Hardworking Teen Loses Her $37,000 Life Savings To A Scam - Photos / 'She Hugged Me & I Lost My Sense’ - Grandpa Rapes 12-Year-Old Girl In Lagos / I Lost My Virginity To A Corpse At 24 - Ghanaian Former Mortuary Attendant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Lost My Savings To Scammers Today. by jawalis(m): 1:16pm On Sep 01, 2022
I woke up this morning only to receive a debit Alert of 17,000 from wema bank, few minutes later, I received another alert of the same amount making 34,000 today. I got up and made my way to the bank, I was made to realize it’s a payment made with my card online and it’s most time a result of comprise from street POS vendors. Am left with nothing and if there’s a way I can get help on how to retrieve or track my money. I’ll be grateful because am left with zero balance for now.
Pls mod. OAM4J, Mynd44

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: I Lost My Savings To Scammers Today. by Vibekiller(f): 1:27pm On Sep 01, 2022
Sorry oo
Re: I Lost My Savings To Scammers Today. by meobizy(f): 1:28pm On Sep 01, 2022
it’s most time a result of comprise from street POS vendors.
Kai, why am I just learning of this? I suspected such was possible long ago, na Nairaland tell me wahala no dey. I hope my one-time transaction doesn’t set me up for a world of pain in future.

The bank would know what to do. I’ll find it hard to believe they only told you “tough luck, kid.”
Re: I Lost My Savings To Scammers Today. by jawalis(m): 1:33pm On Sep 01, 2022
meobizy:
Kai, why am I just learning of this? I suspected such was possible long ago, na Nairaland tell me wahala no dey. I hope my one-time transaction doesn’t set me up for a world of pain in future.

The bank would know what to do. I’ll find it hard to believe they only told you “tough luck, kid.”
It’s sad. I felt really bad hearing that from the banker this morning. I was told bluntly that it’s a successful transaction and there’s nothing they can do about it. I need help.

2 Likes

Re: I Lost My Savings To Scammers Today. by adecz: 1:35pm On Sep 01, 2022
In these harsh economic and financial
crunch, scammers and guymen also need
to chop nah...

If people like you no dey exist, scammers
for don extinct tey, tey❗️❗️☺️☺️☺️

View it philosophically as your own
small contribution to a certain segment
of the society.

I come in peace and wisdom.. ✌️✌️✌️✌️✌️
Re: I Lost My Savings To Scammers Today. by fati2001(m): 1:38pm On Sep 01, 2022
Sorry for that.

This is why your card must be secure especially the PAN numbers and the three figures.

2 Likes

Re: I Lost My Savings To Scammers Today. by robinso01(m): 2:13pm On Sep 01, 2022
Some Nigerians are just wicked.

2 Likes

Re: I Lost My Savings To Scammers Today. by Dollarremix(m): 2:40pm On Sep 01, 2022
Kai!!! We supposed get internet babalawo.
Re: I Lost My Savings To Scammers Today. by baralatie(m): 2:42pm On Sep 01, 2022
robinso01:
Some Nigerians are just wicked.

1 Like

Re: I Lost My Savings To Scammers Today. by usmolad(m): 3:02pm On Sep 01, 2022
This information you revealed is not complete and you're not honest about what you wrote. From the description in the alert message it clearly shows the transaction purpose which is Web buying on Sportybet. You're also a scammer that's why you fall for it. You want to do Sportybet Account balance adding, you revealed your Sportybet login details to those that promised you huge amount to withdraw on Sportybet after they might have helped you to add money to your Sportybet account. You now came to nairaland to cry and for people to become sympathetic to your plights abi. It's better you come clean instead of trying to spoil POS business for hardworking and hustling Nigerians.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Lost My Savings To Scammers Today. by baralatie(m): 3:05pm On Sep 01, 2022
usmolad:
This information you revealed is not complete and you're not honest about what you wrote. From the description in the alert message it clearly shows the transaction purpose which is Web buying on Sportybet. You're also a scammer that's why you fall for it. You want to do Sportybet Account balance adding, you revealed your Sportybet login details to those that promised you huge amount to withdraw on Sportybet after they might have helped you to add money to your Sportybet account. You now came to nairaland to cry and for people to become sympathetic to your plights abi. It's better you come clean instead of trying to spoil POS business for hardworking and hustling Nigerians.
Now this is a whole different scope
shocked

2 Likes

Re: I Lost My Savings To Scammers Today. by Stallionhorse: 3:05pm On Sep 01, 2022
This one don use all him money play sporty bet.. Come here dey find sympathy.. Ntor!! Oloribruku somebody

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Lost My Savings To Scammers Today. by jawalis(m): 3:08pm On Sep 01, 2022
Stallionhorse:
This one don use all him money play sporty bet.. Come here dey find sympathy.. Ntor!! Oloribruku somebody
I don’t play bet. That was the alert I got.
Re: I Lost My Savings To Scammers Today. by Krak(m): 3:27pm On Sep 01, 2022
usmolad:

Why do you guys love blaming the victim always? Asking more questions would have been better than blaming someone who is currently in emotional turmoil. You can only blame him if the questions you asked and the answers given clearly point to him having a blame.

7 Likes

Re: I Lost My Savings To Scammers Today. by tuzeriouz(m): 3:53pm On Sep 01, 2022
Most POS vendors plug skimmers on their devices to obtain card info. That's why I hate making use of POS and ATM designated outside bank premises. The transactions were successful

1 Like

Re: I Lost My Savings To Scammers Today. by IsellSmartTvs: 4:04pm On Sep 01, 2022
The way Nigerians abuse debit card ehn,even #500 withdrawals u don run go pos.
I’m sorry for ur loss bro,the scammer is also abt to loose ur hard earned money to gamble

1 Like

Re: I Lost My Savings To Scammers Today. by hakeemhakeem(m): 4:14pm On Sep 01, 2022
usmolad:

don't concluded like that it happened to last weekend I don't play bet moreover the transaction took place 4 am

1 Like

Re: I Lost My Savings To Scammers Today. by Daniel058(m): 5:06pm On Sep 01, 2022
Last month I wanted to make a withrawal But the withdrawal couldn't go, na so one Guy say " it's like your card is no longer Smart. He pretended to be a good Guy that cares , collected My card and scratched it on His hair, I tried again,the transaction still couldn't go through . I said let me check another ATM. Na so I received debit alert on my email. The only money left for me was the one I used to request for a new card .

It's shall never be well with yahoo boys And who ever support them

3 Likes

Re: I Lost My Savings To Scammers Today. by jawalis(m): 5:29pm On Sep 01, 2022
usmolad:
I’m sincere with everything I wrote here. I don’t do betting. No

1 Like

Re: I Lost My Savings To Scammers Today. by jawalis(m): 5:31pm On Sep 01, 2022
DaedalusIcarus:
You'll always be asked for OTP if you don't save your card on sporty bet as a user, so you're telling me these guys somehow managed to create a new account on sporty bet and managed to bypass the OTP functionality to debit your account?
I didn’t receive any message. I just woke up this morning to see my savings gone with debit alerts.
Re: I Lost My Savings To Scammers Today. by jawalis(m): 5:32pm On Sep 01, 2022
Admin pls help me. I need help on how to track or retrieve my money.
Re: I Lost My Savings To Scammers Today. by StarLinkCommuni: 7:26pm On Sep 01, 2022
jawalis:
Admin pls help me. I need help on how to track or retrieve my money.
Do you make use of loan apps ??
I pity those those who forget those loan app always store thier password and other information saved on the phone
Re: I Lost My Savings To Scammers Today. by Nobody: 7:28pm On Sep 01, 2022
Daniel058:
Last month I wanted to make a withrawal But the withdrawal couldn't go, na so one Guy say " it's like your card is no longer Smart. He pretended to be a good Guy that cares , collected My card and scratched it on His hair, I tried again,the transaction still couldn't go through . I said let me check another ATM. Na so I received debit alert on my email. The only money left for me was the one I used to request for a new card .

these ones no be yahoo boys.

1 Like

Re: I Lost My Savings To Scammers Today. by Nemesis0147(m): 8:22pm On Sep 01, 2022
Do people still use atm cards?
Even if you must use an atm card,,it should be strictly at the mall or your bank ATM machine.
80% of those pos guys are thieves!!

2 Likes

Re: I Lost My Savings To Scammers Today. by jawalis(m): 8:38pm On Sep 01, 2022
StarLinkCommuni:

Do you make use of loan apps ??
I pity those those who forget those loan app always store thier password and other information saved on the phone
I never requested nor got loan.
Re: I Lost My Savings To Scammers Today. by BigYash: 8:59pm On Sep 01, 2022
fati2001:
Sorry for that.

This is why your card must be secure especially the PAN numbers and the three figures.
The best thing is to have a special account you make transfer to,when u want to make use of street pos. And I also erased the C*V*V on the card.. Their father left yash

1 Like

Re: I Lost My Savings To Scammers Today. by Angrygoat: 9:37pm On Sep 01, 2022
Why would u start running to bank,when toll free nos is behind your card. U see when u got am atm card,always put a 2 to 3 way security on it from the bank app direct. That way atm stolen or not,atm card details stored online can never be bypassed, unless your account manager no like u. AND IF ITS FOR ALL TBOSE NONSENSE USELESS CLONED BET APPS,PLS AND PLS READ THE MEMO/DISCLAIMER Notice that pops out on your screen. Please read it from a to z. No matter the nos of paragraphs. You see all those accept,use only once with the app,allow app to access your texts,call logs,gallery,apps,location,media etc. Hahahahahaha.
Hahahahahahaha. Somebody gonna get shot........social media,don't talk a lot...somebody gonna get shot.

Oh bobs,dem go wipe your acct fast,b4 u read otp. E don be......hahahahahahahaha

Hope u understand me nigga. Come on u just lost fuel money.. pls and pls ,don't shoot your own people oh...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKukY0GRm1g
Re: I Lost My Savings To Scammers Today. by Sucre6: 10:25pm On Sep 01, 2022
If you don't play bet then someone around you does and the person used your debit card details to deposit money in their account, and he fell very cheaply for a sportybet adder scammer who used your saved debit card details in his account to make all the withdrawals, in making deposit with debit card on sportybet, as far as your card is saved, they don'ttt ask for OTP before crediting the bet account.

So op, that's what happened.
Re: I Lost My Savings To Scammers Today. by Mercury12(m): 10:47pm On Sep 01, 2022
That is why I deactivated web transaction on my account. Only POS/ATM transaction is active
Re: I Lost My Savings To Scammers Today. by jawalis(m): 10:51pm On Sep 01, 2022
Sucre6:
If you don't play bet then someone around you does and the person used your debit card details to deposit money in their account, and he fell very cheaply for a sportybet adder scammer who used your saved debit card details in his account to make all the withdrawals, in making deposit with debit card on sportybet, as far as your card is saved, they don'ttt ask for OTP before crediting the bet account.

So op, that's what happened.
Hmmm
Re: I Lost My Savings To Scammers Today. by OriOko88(m): 12:44am On Sep 02, 2022
Daniel058:

This still fishy. How would d guy quickly memorize ur atm card so fast and the three numbers at d back. How did he get ur pin too?? What's happening In this country

(1) (2) (Reply)

See What Drugs Has Done To This Brilliant Young Man(video) / Photo: A Married woman Caught Having Sex With A Lecturer / Hausa People Rescue A Young Lady About 2 Be Butchered By Ritualists In Delta(pix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.