Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,952 members, 7,828,347 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:38 AM

Cereer: I Really Don't Know What To Do, Your Advice Is Really Needed. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Cereer: I Really Don't Know What To Do, Your Advice Is Really Needed. (306 Views)

If You're Between 20 To 29yr Old, This Advice Is For You. / Please Your Advice Is Needed Here. / Your Advice Is Urgently Needed! Help An Undergraduate Nairalander Career Life! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cereer: I Really Don't Know What To Do, Your Advice Is Really Needed. by pheelhip(m): 6:36pm On Sep 01, 2022
So guys I am confused, alot confused.

There's this Job I applied for, the HR in person called me days after, questioning me about my experience and job responsibilities at a particular job and year. I answered but she came into conclusion that I will still need to be trained because there an aspect that's needed in which I am not skilled or have little experience in. Few trainings will equip me for their Job role which is inline with my experiences and skills.

Going forward, She said they want to train me for that aspect, will I be opened for the training. I responded and said yes. Shee said she will schedule me for a proper interview later that day and a fixed time.

I waited till the said time but no interview link dropped in my mail. I wanted to be professional, didnt want to piss them off or look desperate in getting the Job, so i didn't bother calling or leaving a message.

2days after I called the lady, introduced myself, reminded her of the said interview, asked her if they've decided to move on without me. She said No, from my deduction, (more like she forgot or it escaped her mind). She said it will be conducted the following day that she did reach out to me. I said okay.

Following day came, I was anxious, didn't get a call from her nor a link to the interview.

Now my question is, do I need to remind her of it again or its obvious they've really moved on to another person. But with the way she responded when I put the first call, she sounded so positive but never reach out to me afterwards. Atleast a "we are sorry message" wouldnt have kept me on the edge. This said Job is inline with my career path. A great opportunity will it be for me.

Should I just forget about them and face my current Job or I should still persist perhaps it escaped her mind again. (I doubt it did escaped her mind).

Your thoughts and contributions will be welcomed.
Thank you.
Re: Cereer: I Really Don't Know What To Do, Your Advice Is Really Needed. by wis3(m): 6:39pm On Sep 01, 2022
Reach out to her them without seeming desperate. Be casaul and direct about it.
Re: Cereer: I Really Don't Know What To Do, Your Advice Is Really Needed. by pheelhip(m): 6:56pm On Sep 01, 2022
wis3:
Reach out to her them without seeming desperate. Be casaul and direct about it.

Until she gives me a categorical NO right?
Samewith, I have been considering reaching out to her again. Thanks for stirring this up.
Re: Cereer: I Really Don't Know What To Do, Your Advice Is Really Needed. by wis3(m): 7:02pm On Sep 01, 2022
pheelhip:

Until she gives me a categorical NO right?
Samewith, I have been considering reaching out to her again. Thanks for stirring this up.
Call her asking to know if it's still on. try to say as few words as possible and if she's still going to have you hanging around. Don't contact her again. It doesn't hurt to try

1 Like

Re: Cereer: I Really Don't Know What To Do, Your Advice Is Really Needed. by Stallionhorse: 7:36pm On Sep 01, 2022
Go and buy good weed and smoke.. What must be will be!! No need to call any bitttccch, if them need you them go reach out.. Even if you call she will still tell you something positive just to raise your hopes..
Re: Cereer: I Really Don't Know What To Do, Your Advice Is Really Needed. by Nobody: 7:42pm On Sep 01, 2022
pheelhip:
So guys I am confused, alot confused.

There's this Job I applied for, the HR in person called me days after, questioning me about my experience and job responsibilities at a particular job and year. I answered but she came into conclusion that I will still need to be trained because there an aspect that's needed in which I am not skilled or have little experience in. Few trainings will equip me for their Job role which is inline with my experiences and skills.

Going forward, She said they want to train me for that aspect, will I be opened for the training. I responded and said yes. Shee said she will schedule me for a proper interview later that day and a fixed time.

I waited till the said time but no interview link dropped in my mail. I wanted to be professional, didnt want to piss them off or look desperate in getting the Job, so i didn't bother calling or leaving a message.

2days after I called the lady, introduced myself, reminded her of the said interview, asked her if they've decided to move on without me. She said No, from my deduction, (more like she forgot or it escaped her mind). She said it will be conducted the following day that she did reach out to me. I said okay.

Following day came, I was anxious, didn't get a call from her nor a link to the interview.

Now my question is, do I need to remind her of it again or its obvious they've really moved on to another person. But with the way she responded when I put the first call, she sounded so positive but never reach out to me afterwards. Atleast a "we are sorry message" wouldnt have kept me on the edge. This said Job is inline with my career path. A great opportunity will it be for me.

Should I just forget about them and face my current Job or I should still persist perhaps it escaped her mind again. (I doubt it did escaped her mind).

Your thoughts and contributions will be welcomed.
Thank you.

Not to discourage you but I feel you should just focus on your current job...although its unprofessional for them not to at least send an email to let you know the situation but at least you've already reminded them...calling again will just make you look desperate...some companies are just like that and will keep quiet when they've found someone else
Re: Cereer: I Really Don't Know What To Do, Your Advice Is Really Needed. by pheelhip(m): 8:08pm On Sep 01, 2022
Stallionhorse:
Go and buy good weed and smoke.. What must be will be!! No need to call any bitttccch, if them need you them go reach out.. Even if you call she will still tell you something positive just to raise your hopes..
Lol, I don't do weeds but thanks.
Re: Cereer: I Really Don't Know What To Do, Your Advice Is Really Needed. by pheelhip(m): 8:10pm On Sep 01, 2022
Rayban25:

Not to discourage you but I feel you should just focus on your current job...although its unprofessional for them not to at least send an email to let you know the situation but at least you've already reminded them...calling again will just make you look desperate...some companies are just like that and will keep quiet when they've found someone else
Sighs.
I will keep this in check
Thanks Man.

(1) (Reply)

New Way To Get Certificate Programs, Degree Programs Online Beginning @ NO COST / Advice On Content Creating ( Youtube ). / 10 Amazing Ways To Make Money Online In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.