Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,517 members, 7,854,226 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 12:48 PM

Should I Just Venture Into Akara Business??? - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Should I Just Venture Into Akara Business??? (18722 Views)

I Just Got A Job From Nairaland / NPOWER- I Just Got A Congratulations Text Message / I Just Got Scammed: SHELL RECRUITMENT. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Just Venture Into Akara Business??? by lomprico(m): 1:55pm On Sep 04, 2022
IzzyAgu:

Can I acquire the Skill from you?

Download the app 'simplilearn' it's on playstore. It has many courses you can learn and some are free.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Just Venture Into Akara Business??? by sonssyo(f): 1:56pm On Sep 04, 2022
IzzyAgu:
Hi Fellow Nairalanders!

I am typing this piece with Disappointment, I least expected this.

So, I finished My Youth Service with Joy and gladness, and was back home till I get a good paying job, since I studied Metalogy/Civil Enginnering in the University..

As a Sure guy with Parly (Certificate) cheesy
I was very much confident of getting a nice paying job, So I started my Journey as a Job Seeker..

1st year, 2nd year, went by, and still nothing, So i decided to digress into something else for the meantime, everyone knows how Nigeria is .

I decided to pop into Teaching, atleast 'head still fresh'
I got this job, in a Primary school, the Headmistress and I agreed on a 30,000 monthly salary... I was happy though .

I resumed work, truth be told it was fun, but Sour at last..
I never knew this Madam was in for a trick..

Things were going well oo!
Firstly, Late to work a day - 5,000 deducted
Not being audible enough in the classroom - 3,000 deduction
Pupils not able to grab the day's work - 2,000 deducted
Failure to mark pupils note/ asessment/ assignment - 5,000 deduction
Few pupils failing Test, Oral questions and Examination - 5,000 deduction....

I was called for my salary, then Mrs. Headmistress brought out my file of report and defects , i was shocked when she tabled a sum of 15,000 naira as my salary for the month and Said "Welcome" I couldn't Fanthom where I was but i gathered myself and said "Thank you ma"

According to my fellow staff, this was the hidden principle in The School, people's salaries were deducted to nothing ...

I went home and slept throughout the week ..

Now Do you think I continue in this Mess or Venture into frying of akara and become self employed..

what are your thoughts, help a brother!!

Nah waoh,why did you take that job self, l for even give you job of 62500 self to earn 90k in 6 months after confirmation in Anambra State,but try your akara stuff, you will be fine last last

1 Like

Re: Should I Just Venture Into Akara Business??? by Brightest04(m): 1:57pm On Sep 04, 2022
If you're the type that work on true words, i'll want to tell you that akara business is great and profitable. When i lost my job, my wife went into it and within a year we're able to pay off our debts, buy our first car. But unfortunately, she had to stop due to evil people who became jealous of her success and wanted to kill her for me.

Just find good and busy area and you're your own boss, and can even employ extra hands when the business grows. Good luck.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Just Venture Into Akara Business??? by anuofGod(f): 1:57pm On Sep 04, 2022
IzzyAgu:
Hi Fellow Nairalanders!

So, I finished My Youth Service with Joy and gladness, and was back home till I get a good paying job, since I studied Metalogy/Civil Enginnering in the University..

I was very much confident of getting a nice paying job, So I started my Journey as a Job Seeker..

1st year, 2nd year, went by, and still nothing, So i decided to digress into something else for the meantime, everyone knows how Nigeria is .

I got this job, in a Primary school, the Headmistress and I agreed on a 30,000 monthly salary... I was happy though .

I was called for my salary, then Mrs. Headmistress brought out my file of report and defects , i was shocked when she tabled a sum of 15,000 naira as my salary for the month and Said "Welcome" I couldn't Fanthom where I was but i gathered myself and said "Thank you ma"

According to my fellow staff, this was the hidden principle in The School, people's salaries were deducted to nothing ...

Now Do you think I continue in this Mess or Venture into frying of akara and become self employed..

You're still asking.
I finished NYSC in August. My boyfriend got me a shop
The money I saved from allowee and the one my parents and brother gave me, I put everything into fabric selling business.

My boyfriend also finished NYSC with me. He studied architecture, he already learnt it before going to higher institution, so he's very very very good at it. His PPA boss gave him all his projects to supervise, to draw and even attend board meeting on a federal government project for the man.
Long story short, after NYSC, no job
He applied for job, none is forthcoming
One day he told me he wants to be selling beans, I said no way, after calculating the cost and capital, I said moimoi elewe (leaf moimoi) is better.
We started looking for space by main road, we no see, everyone was saying there's no space.
I convinced him to come and use the front of my shop
I learned how to wrap moimoi in leaves from my mum when I was very young.
That's how we started, we spent about 35k getting big pot, tire rim coal pot, turning stick, portion spoon, ororo, maggi, leaves, half bag of charcoal etc
Now we're making sales, even though it's not that huge but alhamdulilah.
Sometimes when it's 6pm and we still have plenty moimoi, I'll take it to the main junction of the express in a cooler and shout to passersby to come and buy moimoi elewe.
I've only sold fabrics twice but we sell moimoi everyday.
Oga was feeling ashamed when he first told me about it. But I didn't see anything to be ashamed of coz he isn't lazy and he's a really good guy
So, uncle you can use morning and afternoon to learn the tech stuff someone told you here
Then in the afternoon -evening, fry Akara and sell, and make sure you keep money everyday.
If you make 2k, keep 1k, if you make 3k, keep 2k as savings. The remaining ones you didn't put in savings is your running capital, it should be use in getting what you need for business e.g more beans or more ororo when you have small left, or charcoal.
And don't spend the profits for your personal bills for like 2 weeks so you don't cripple the business from start. That means you should get foodstuffs at home while getting what you need to start up the business and don't go on buying excessive things or things that are not really needed. Buying in few quantities, you can later get a place where you can buy stuffs at cheaper rate.
May God be with us all and bless our hustle.
You can call me sisi oni moimoi or sisi alaso

20 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Should I Just Venture Into Akara Business??? by BigBizzy(m): 2:14pm On Sep 04, 2022
How will you study engineering and teach in a primary school?

You should be teaching in a secondary school...them mathematics, physics, further mathematics, chemistry, or even computer science.

Bro push and apply yourself!

1 Like

Re: Should I Just Venture Into Akara Business??? by doggedfighter(f): 2:14pm On Sep 04, 2022
lomprico:

That will be after the days hustle

Exactly, I agree with you.
Re: Should I Just Venture Into Akara Business??? by Bernice4ozodo(f): 2:27pm On Sep 04, 2022
klbakare:

Guy! That akara business, be ready to do juju. I once attempted it in 2019. There are dark secrets attached.
exactly.. my thought on this,my mum started this business and within 3months are legs started swelling and having some kind of attacks.. she was not stressing herself though just the frying part and we were selling.. I talk am say juju dey that business
Re: Should I Just Venture Into Akara Business??? by tundeport(m): 2:27pm On Sep 04, 2022
Keep the certificates aside,till the job surface.get space that people pass frequently and start from there.give the Akara spot Package.
Re: Should I Just Venture Into Akara Business??? by deflover(m): 2:29pm On Sep 04, 2022
Well the problem is the tax u go pay agbero
If u go fit stay put cos dem go bill u each day with ticket

1 Like

Re: Should I Just Venture Into Akara Business??? by RussellRutherfo: 2:33pm On Sep 04, 2022
doggedfighter:
Akara and akamu are money spinners.

Just find a place with human traffic.

With time you will ask yourself, why you didn't start earlier.

After some years you would have made enough to pursue a bigger dream.

Teaching will waste your time and make you question your sanity, self esteem and worth.

That woman scammer / employer will pauperize you.

You gave him very good advice which if he follows. He would soon be smiling to the bank so much that if his Akara is so good and he is at the right location where the population is high.

He would soon start making that 30,000 in a day. Just treat and have attendees that will treat your customers very well.
Re: Should I Just Venture Into Akara Business??? by frozen70(f): 2:34pm On Sep 04, 2022
IzzyAgu:
Hi Fellow Nairalanders!

I will advise you go into akara business in the morning then in the evening you think of roasting fish barbecue or chicken and noddles

That means you have morning and evening street foods

Food is the only thing that is steady in business this hard times

But you will need extra hands to assist you to run both day and night

You can add specialy prepared raw pap that is well spiced with ginger and cloves so that when they buy akara they buy pap, go home and prepare it

1 Like

Re: Should I Just Venture Into Akara Business??? by aydgov: 2:35pm On Sep 04, 2022
Learn how to prepare it, make it more tantalizing, hygienic, with unique taste than others.
Get good and strategic location, make your business spot classic in your own little way. Begin to fry yam, sweet potatoes, akara, fish, meat, add delicious stew etc.
Start with good and affordable prices. Relate with your customer nicely and listen to their comments. Definitely that yolks of poverty and slavery will be broken by fire. Just don't give up because the beginning might be rough. Good luck

1 Like

Re: Should I Just Venture Into Akara Business??? by RussellRutherfo: 2:35pm On Sep 04, 2022
doggedfighter:

It doesn't matter.

It will even attract more customers.

Everyone will like to taste guyman akara grin

That's a name already for your business. Snatch it up now before someone else does: Guyman Akara.
Re: Should I Just Venture Into Akara Business??? by GlobTrotter: 2:38pm On Sep 04, 2022
Robnectar:
I just finished eating 3sweet akara,.. yes nah fine business if you know how to do it grin

Bought it for 150nairacheesy
that is already 15% of the OPs salary if you divide it by day.... And this is just one customer.
Bro abeg if you.kmow you can do it, give it a shot. Add your education to it and make it unique

1 Like

Re: Should I Just Venture Into Akara Business??? by LienwaltAbel(m): 2:39pm On Sep 04, 2022
And some people are still celebrating on matric day. grin. Abeg bros, do your hustle, even if your mates see you and laugh, you better pass them.
Re: Should I Just Venture Into Akara Business??? by Blazebond(m): 2:41pm On Sep 04, 2022
The salary deduction shock you sotay you nor know when you say "thank you ma",life is brutal my guy but make u make sure say you nor go back to that job o,find something else to do.
Re: Should I Just Venture Into Akara Business??? by RussellRutherfo: 2:42pm On Sep 04, 2022
jerryforgood:

Me that has tech skill how much I've I gotten from it. I produce music, skilled in web design, like programming language as in JavaScript, php, MySQL and major frameworks yet all to no avail. I actually studied computer networks and security for 2 years in NIIT and since I couldn't get my CCNA I became stranded. I later went into teaching in a private school. The way I was treated made me to hate the job, and no matter how much I'm offered to teach I won't.

I also would have started my own computer shop/ sound studio, but no single capital for that. I tried to get online job or make money online. Even own run three blogs I professionally design but nothing. It is now AdSense are approving my blog for monitization, blog I created since 2018, my first blog.

I later moved from teaching into working in a bakery. Though the job was hard and the pay was little, yet I didn't lack food. And I came to realize that there is money in food processing or manufacturing. I learnt how to make pastries like jam pie and bread, also madiga. Now I'm gathering money not by bit to go into small scale bakery business. I would be targeting stores around my place. Since there's enough space in our house which my father built and there's no tenant,I won't be paying any rent from the business.

So, go into food production business. Akara and potatoes frying is okay. Then you can think of what next. This country is cursed with wicked school owner and employers.

God has bless you with the property of your dad and since you now have what to do in mind. Go for it with all your strength.

1 Like

Re: Should I Just Venture Into Akara Business??? by Nobody: 2:42pm On Sep 04, 2022
IzzyAgu:
Hi Fellow Nairalanders!

You ares quiet oh.. what's definition of agreement? And we're all these deductions stated during you resumption or joining the school ? And also if you know fully well you didn't fall for all the listed deductions, jejejly request for your full.payment. no one tries this nonsense with me cos if i decide to work with you, I am 100% compliant to all your policies, especially when it involves deductions

1 Like

Re: Should I Just Venture Into Akara Business??? by BurialGround: 2:43pm On Sep 04, 2022
IzzyAgu:

The woman nah cold blooded Thief

I disagree with you.
That woman is an instrument in the hand of God Almighty to push you to your destiny.
I PRAY YOU'LL UNDERSTAND.
Re: Should I Just Venture Into Akara Business??? by doggedfighter(f): 2:44pm On Sep 04, 2022
RussellRutherfo:

You gave him very good advice which if he follows. He would soon be smiling to the bank so much that if his Akara is so good and he is at the right location where the population is high.

He would soon start making that 30,000 in a day. Just treat and have attendees that will treat your customers very well.

No lies. You know akara business very well. My friend's sister makes over that amount everyday. But makes more on Sundays .

Do have a wonderful week ahead .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Just Venture Into Akara Business??? by doggedfighter(f): 2:48pm On Sep 04, 2022
RussellRutherfo:

That's a name already for your business. Snatch it up now before someone else does: Guyman Akara.

You didn't give me credit for the name cry
Re: Should I Just Venture Into Akara Business??? by Skty: 2:49pm On Sep 04, 2022
Truth is if don't know how to stir air properly into the mix, then don't venture into it...u will run at a loss....mix well, well and well
Re: Should I Just Venture Into Akara Business??? by GerogeI(m): 2:49pm On Sep 04, 2022
amykwuba:
I am also a graduate I studied political science from university of Nigeria, but I am thinking of also going into the akara business, the job I am doing pays #80k but transport every month is #36k while my rent every month is #30k so I am left with only #12k which can't even take care of my feeding and other amenities, I am currently looking for a space to start the akara

I think you should go for Akara business. Your specialization has no exclusive skills to offfer. The OP on the otherhand will be underperforming if he chooses to use an investment in specialized skills of civil Engr to try competing in a mass market with low market entry barrier like Frying Akara and Selling Akara. What then will uneducated women from poor villages be doing, if University graduates are frying akara.

OP needs patience and strategy. If OP had been volunteering since he left NYSC, by now he would have the industry experience and connections that will gurantee him a job. Most Nigerian companies do not have budget for trsinees, and only employ funtional people. You have to find a way to bypass that hurdle.
Re: Should I Just Venture Into Akara Business??? by MoneyMustBMade(m): 2:54pm On Sep 04, 2022
Our economy has dealt so much with the youth, chia!

Bro start the business after some savings use the money and open a bigger business

Coz the country no funny oo

1 Like

Re: Should I Just Venture Into Akara Business??? by DEBUU: 2:59pm On Sep 04, 2022
sonssyo:

Nah waoh,why did you take that job self, l for even give you job of 62500 self to earn 90k in 6 months after confirmation in Anambra State,but try your akara stuff, you will be fine last last
I'm interested, currently in Anambra.
Please, what is the job all about?
Re: Should I Just Venture Into Akara Business??? by Nobody: 3:04pm On Sep 04, 2022
Me wey no graduate still dey earn pass 300k monthly. This world no balance
The secret is start your own business.
I open my bet9ja shop last year
To God be the glory,the rest is story.

No waste time, sharp sharp start what you have envision.
Just follow your believe, it will work base on your plan.
Lastly pray and fast so God can bless the work of your hand �
Re: Should I Just Venture Into Akara Business??? by klbakare(m): 3:13pm On Sep 04, 2022
Great2021:
what happened? Tell us

Usually i really do not like to do long post with my phone, but I'll try. Precisely in 2019, i chose Akara, yam and fried potato as a side business. At the time i was living at asolo area Ikorodu. I did my maths well and I was confident of profit. I'm a minister in one of the big pentecostal churches in Nigeria but i have a friend and right hand man at the time who is a c $ s person.

We got all the stuffs and a good location at a junction. And off we launched. So, the business was not really moving, the patronage was low despite the fact that our location had sufficient passers-by.
After a while, the sales person left. So we decided to get some of these eastern guys who are into similar business to run the place.

My right hand man found someone who was willing but he said there is a small stuff they always do in those outlets before they start, so that business can move; It's like a ritual. My assistant came to me that we should do what we have to do. I told him he already knows my stand about fetish stuffs (of course i have advised he himself on different occasions to desist from using that their C$S fetish perfumes to no avail)

My assistant said i need not participate in the ritual, that i should just bring the money. I told him no way. Any money that cannot come to me by God is not worth it. I told him once I drop my money, I've participated. That was how my business eventually folded up. It was at this time i knew that all the flourishing akara, ọdunkun, Yam and dodo outlets by the road side had one or two spiritual stuff going .

Now that's not all, my younger brother fell in love with that kinda business as well and pressed for it without informing me. Later on this year, when he opened up to me, he said he couldn't pull through cos the people he got to run the place also told him they've got to do some fetish stuff at the location of that business. But being people from an average xtian background he also couldn't pull through. I hope this helps.

Later on, when i discussed my plight with yoruba elders, they told me I could have removed akara frying from the business. Saying frying akara is a business of the elders. People are being initiated into witchcraft in order to prosper in the akara frying business else their eyes will see shege! That will frustrate them out of that business.

So, if you think you are a strong xtian and have sufficient spiritual stature to withstand evil powers, you can try. On the flip side, i have discovered that no human endeavour prospers without some alignment with forces in the realms of the spirit.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Just Venture Into Akara Business??? by princewarri1985: 3:13pm On Sep 04, 2022
You non slap the headmistress as she dey stretch the 15k give you? She cant try that shit with everybody. The akara buisness is very lucrative, comot shame from eye and run am because one woman use am build up stair for my neighbourhood.
Re: Should I Just Venture Into Akara Business??? by AngelaInteriorz: 3:14pm On Sep 04, 2022
yungchop:

Where's your location? Maybe we should put finances together and run it.

We have different locations and are ready to pay you back 1.5% interest on your invested sum per month. Let me know if you're interested in this.
Re: Should I Just Venture Into Akara Business??? by Olam09(m): 3:17pm On Sep 04, 2022
IzzyAgu:
Hi Fellow Nairalanders!

Fry akara bro start small small then be consistent till you have customer base after that keep applying for job and continue doing the akara biz till everything clicks.
Re: Should I Just Venture Into Akara Business??? by Great2021(m): 3:19pm On Sep 04, 2022
klbakare:

Usually i really do not like to do long post with my phone, but I'll try. Precisely in 2019, i chose Akara, yam and fried potato as a side business. At the time i was living at asolo area Ikorodu. I did my maths well and I was confident of profit. I'm a minister in one of the big pentecostal churches in Nigeria but i have a friend and right hand man at the time who is a c $ s person.

We got all the stuffs and a good location at a junction. And off we launched. So, the business was not really moving, the patronage was low despite the fact that our location had sufficient passers-by.
After a while, the sales person left. So we decided to get some of these eastern guys who are into similar business to run the place.

My right hand man found someone who was willing but he said there is a small stuff they always do in those outlets before they start, so that business can move; It's like a ritual. My assistant came to me that we should do what we have to do. I told him he already knows my stand about fetish stuffs (of course i have advised he himself on different occasions to desist from using that their C$S fetish perfumes to no avail)

My assistant said i need not participate in the ritual, that i should just bring the money. I told him no way. Any money that cannot come to me by God is not worth it. I told him once I drop my money, I've participated. That was how my business eventually folded up. It was at this time i knew that all the flourishing akara, ọdunkun, Yam and dodo outlets by the road side had one or two spiritual stuff going .

Now that's not all, my younger brother fell in love with that kinda business as well and pressed for it without informing me. Later on this year, when he opened up to me, he said he couldn't pull through cos the people he got to run the place also told him they've got to do some fetish stuff at the location of that business. But being people from an average xtian background he also couldn't pull through. I hope this helps.

Later on, when i discussed my plight with yoruba elders, they told me I could have removed akara frying from the business. Saying frying akara is a business of the elders. People are being initiated into witchcraft in order to prosper in the akara frying business else their eyes will see shege! That will frustrate them out of that business.

So, if you think you are a strong xtian and have sufficient spiritual stature to withstand evil powers, you can try. On the flip side, i have discovered that no human endeavour prospers without some alignment with forces in the realms of the spirit.
hmm.. I'm just speechless
Re: Should I Just Venture Into Akara Business??? by SaturnNick(m): 3:20pm On Sep 04, 2022
doggedfighter:
Akara and akamu are money spinners.

Just find a place with human traffic.

With time you will ask yourself, why you didn't start earlier.

After some years you would have made enough to pursue a bigger dream.

Teaching will waste your time and make you question your sanity, self esteem and worth.

That woman scammer / employer will pauperize you.

Wow... Who are you?
I believe you just mentioned these out of experience.
Thank you cool cool cool

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Mckinsey Recruitment / 6 Things Job Seekers Do That Sabotage Their Interview Chances / Over 400,000 Jobs Created In 3rd Quarter - NBS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.