Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,426 members, 7,853,846 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 06:04 AM

Should I Just Venture Into Akara Business??? - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Should I Just Venture Into Akara Business??? (18717 Views)

I Just Got A Job From Nairaland / NPOWER- I Just Got A Congratulations Text Message / I Just Got Scammed: SHELL RECRUITMENT. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Just Venture Into Akara Business??? by AngelaInteriorz: 3:30pm On Sep 04, 2022
HeightsKE:
I have partnership capital for anyone, ladies preferably, interested in such business

We have different locations and are ready to pay you back 1.5% interest on your invested sum per month. Let me know if you're interested in this.
Re: Should I Just Venture Into Akara Business??? by IzzyAgu: 3:38pm On Sep 04, 2022
godfrey02:

You ares quiet oh.. what's definition of agreement? And we're all these deductions stated during you resumption or joining the school ? And also if you know fully well you didn't fall for all the listed deductions, jejejly request for your full.payment. no one tries this nonsense with me cos if i decide to work with you, I am 100% compliant to all your policies, especially when it involves deductions

I complied with all Policies of Educational standards..

I was never informed , All other staff stated it's an hidden policy.

Some people are naturally evil, I have made up my mind to stay clear off, I dont want to think about it anymore.
Re: Should I Just Venture Into Akara Business??? by adecz: 3:40pm On Sep 04, 2022
IzzyAgu:

So, I finished My Youth Service with Joy and gladness, and was back home till I get a good paying job, since I studied Metalogy/Civil Enginnering in the University..

But guy, there is no course like

"Metalogy"

&

"Enginnering"

It's shocking that a so-called graduate
is unable to properly spell or quote the
correct name of a course he spent
nothing less than 5 years studying☹️☹️☹️

✔️ Metallurgy

✔️Civil Engineering

I wonder the state polytechnic you
attended, because a university graduate
can't write like this.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Just Venture Into Akara Business??? by BTCog: 3:41pm On Sep 04, 2022
IzzyAgu:
Hi Fellow Nairalanders!

I am typing this piece with Disappointment, I least expected this.

So, I finished My Youth Service with Joy and gladness, and was back home till I get a good paying job, since I studied Metalogy/Civil Enginnering in the University..

As a Sure guy with Parly (Certificate) cheesy
I was very much confident of getting a nice paying job, So I started my Journey as a Job Seeker..

1st year, 2nd year, went by, and still nothing, So i decided to digress into something else for the meantime, everyone knows how Nigeria is .

I decided to pop into Teaching, atleast 'head still fresh'
I got this job, in a Primary school, the Headmistress and I agreed on a 30,000 monthly salary... I was happy though .

I resumed work, truth be told it was fun, but Sour at last..
I never knew this Madam was in for a trick..

Things were going well oo!
Firstly, Late to work a day - 5,000 deducted
Not being audible enough in the classroom - 3,000 deduction
Pupils not able to grab the day's work - 2,000 deducted
Failure to mark pupils note/ asessment/ assignment - 5,000 deduction
Few pupils failing Test, Oral questions and Examination - 5,000 deduction....

I was called for my salary, then Mrs. Headmistress brought out my file of report and defects , i was shocked when she tabled a sum of 15,000 naira as my salary for the month and Said "Welcome" I couldn't Fanthom where I was but i gathered myself and said "Thank you ma"

According to my fellow staff, this was the hidden principle in The School, people's salaries were deducted to nothing ...

I went home and slept throughout the week ..

Now Do you think I continue in this Mess or Venture into frying of akara and become self employed..

what are your thoughts, help a brother!!

Bros I think you made some early wrong decisions.
With your civil engineering, you could have joined mason people and build your experience. With your metallurgical engineering, you could have joined local welders to build experiences. If you stay in area like PH and you're hard working and yet applying your academics to the job, it wouldn't take long and you shine.

I studied Electrical Engineering and I did my best to associate myself with electricians, many of whom their could hardly write their names. I learnt from them and naturally grew. Today, I am a Supervisor, more like a manager. I hardly touch cables these days.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Just Venture Into Akara Business??? by Tqw1: 4:03pm On Sep 04, 2022
Decide
Re: Should I Just Venture Into Akara Business??? by hilfinity(m): 4:04pm On Sep 04, 2022
IzzyAgu:
Hi Fellow Nairalanders!

I was very much confident of getting a nice paying job, So I started my Journey as a Job Seeker..

1st year, 2nd year, went by, and still nothing, So i decided to digress into something else for the meantime, everyone knows how Nigeria is .

I got this job, in a Primary school, the Headmistress and I agreed on a 30,000 monthly salary... I was happy though .

I was called for my salary, then Mrs. Headmistress brought out my file of report and defects , i was shocked when she tabled a sum of 15,000 naira as my salary for the month and Said "Welcome" I couldn't Fanthom where I was but i gathered myself and said "Thank you ma"

According to my fellow staff, this was the hidden principle in The School, people's salaries were deducted to nothing ...

Now Do you think I continue in this Mess or Venture into frying of akara and become self employed..

Bros, with this your writing skills you fit venture into freelancing and earn nice income.

Proofreading and transcription are just few examples.

All the best

1 Like

Re: Should I Just Venture Into Akara Business??? by EndRape2(f): 4:16pm On Sep 04, 2022
If you can learn how to do puff puff, and donut join, you go sell like craze .

uote author=IzzyAgu post=116295257]Hi Fellow Nairalanders!

what are your thoughts, help a brother!![/quote]
Re: Should I Just Venture Into Akara Business??? by judedwriter(m): 4:44pm On Sep 04, 2022
doggedfighter:

Teaching will waste your time and make you question your sanity, self esteem and worth.

Teaching can drive you mad.... Unless your salary is very very good.

1 Like

Re: Should I Just Venture Into Akara Business??? by Nobody: 4:53pm On Sep 04, 2022
IzzyAgu:
Hi Fellow Nairalanders!

Good Evening to you.

When taking up a work position whether paid or voluntary at your interview ask questions so there are no surprises.

Perhaps if you made an attempt to be at work on time and mark pupils scripts when due then your 10k wouldn’t be deducted.Others like them failing are beyond your control if you are sincere you are doing your best.

Teaching isn’t a simple job and not everyone has the gift especially if you don’t have a B.Ed or NCE so are not properly trained to do this job.You should not “pop” into a position.

My thoughts to help you is to say it boils down to your work ethics and lack of discipline as even in Akara selling you have to start early in the mornings and evening to target commuters so how would you succeed at that?.

Revaluate yourself and go into something that isn’t time sensitive like POS Business which you can start with little capital.
Re: Should I Just Venture Into Akara Business??? by lereinter(m): 5:06pm On Sep 04, 2022
Akara business isn't for elites atleast in nigeria

Just go learn IT, IT related courses in construction or construction related vocation

2 Likes

Re: Should I Just Venture Into Akara Business??? by jeph19(m): 5:35pm On Sep 04, 2022
IzzyAgu:

I be guy man ooo grin cheesy
I had a noodles and egg joint... Come see as guys were trooping in... Ladies would wonder why a guy cooks noodles better than them..

1 Like

Re: Should I Just Venture Into Akara Business??? by doggedfighter(f): 6:51pm On Sep 04, 2022
SaturnNick:

Wow... Who are you?
I believe you just mentioned these out of experience.
Thank you cool cool cool

You are welcome , dearie grin

1 Like

Re: Should I Just Venture Into Akara Business??? by IzzyAgu: 6:53pm On Sep 04, 2022
hilfinity:

Bros, with this your writing skills you fit venture into freelancing and earn nice income.

Proofreading and transcription are just few examples.

All the best

Thanks bro, I am in for it, definently.
Re: Should I Just Venture Into Akara Business??? by Great2021(m): 8:10pm On Sep 04, 2022
jeph19:

I had a noodles and egg joint... Come see as guys were trooping in... Ladies would wonder why a guy cooks noodles better than them..
was it profitable? Like what's the profit margin?
Re: Should I Just Venture Into Akara Business??? by SaturnNick(m): 8:12pm On Sep 04, 2022
doggedfighter:

You are welcome , dearie grin
You know, I teach presently. And you just described exactly what I'm passi through

1 Like

Re: Should I Just Venture Into Akara Business??? by doggedfighter(f): 8:23pm On Sep 04, 2022
SaturnNick:
You know, I teach presently. And you just described exactly what I'm passi through

I understand it.

Put yourself together and plan your exit.

It may not be easy but with time you will see whatever you are doing working .

Don't get discouraged if it seems you took a wrong step leaving teaching.

You will win at the end.

I love you, baby kiss

2 Likes

Re: Should I Just Venture Into Akara Business??? by Lawize: 8:51pm On Sep 04, 2022
What year did you graduate and what’s your location?
Re: Should I Just Venture Into Akara Business??? by Honchoslim16(m): 9:20pm On Sep 04, 2022
Sometimes I ride, I do not know where I be goin'
I just hope that this road take me to riches
Re: Should I Just Venture Into Akara Business??? by lalalista: 9:41pm On Sep 04, 2022
If u knew u had passion for frying akara, why did you eventually go to school? What a waste of time and money. Going to University in Nigeria is so useless
Re: Should I Just Venture Into Akara Business??? by FREDCLSSICO7(m): 9:45pm On Sep 04, 2022
doggedfighter:

It doesn't matter.

It will even attract more customers.

Everyone will like to taste guyman akara grin
won't you like to taste his akamu as well
Re: Should I Just Venture Into Akara Business??? by sonssyo(f): 10:54pm On Sep 04, 2022
DEBUU:

I'm interested, currently in Anambra.
Please, what is the job all about?

Manufacturing company precisely
Re: Should I Just Venture Into Akara Business??? by emmavictory: 10:59pm On Sep 04, 2022
IzzyAgu:

I be guy man ooo grin cheesy
Guy go ahead. The fact that you are a guy man will even make things work for you. Just make sure you prepare it well with good packaging. Always look good as well. Many people will prefer to patronize you since you are a guy. Money dey that biz oh. I love your swag. From there, with patience and deligence, you may be connected to someone who will give you a good job. Above all, be polite to your customers. Serve them well and always interact with good and polished English. Make a difference.
Re: Should I Just Venture Into Akara Business??? by emmavictory: 11:07pm On Sep 04, 2022
Before I forget, please don't fry anything in the afternoon. Use the afternoon to rest. You can fry morning, evening or both morning and evening. But make sure you have a day break. Maybe Sunday. You can reach me further to guide you on how to process the beans. It will be faster, easier and stress free
Re: Should I Just Venture Into Akara Business??? by samwillyco1(m): 3:51am On Sep 05, 2022
IzzyAgu:
Hi Fellow Nairalanders!

Where is your location ?
Re: Should I Just Venture Into Akara Business??? by cayorday89(m): 5:00am On Sep 05, 2022
anuofGod:

You're still asking.
I finished NYSC in August. My boyfriend got me a shop
The money I saved from allowee and the one my parents and brother gave me, I put everything into fabric selling business.

My boyfriend also finished NYSC with me. He studied architecture, he already learnt it before going to higher institution, so he's very very very good at it. His PPA boss gave him all his projects to supervise, to draw and even attend board meeting on a federal government project for the man.
Long story short, after NYSC, no job
He applied for job, none is forthcoming
One day he told me he wants to be selling beans, I said no way, after calculating the cost and capital, I said moimoi elewe (leaf moimoi) is better.
We started looking for space by main road, we no see, everyone was saying there's no space.
I convinced him to come and use the front of my shop
I learned how to wrap moimoi in leaves from my mum when I was very young.
That's how we started, we spent about 35k getting big pot, tire rim coal pot, turning stick, portion spoon, ororo, maggi, leaves, half bag of charcoal etc
Now we're making sales, even though it's not that huge but alhamdulilah.
Sometimes when it's 6pm and we still have plenty moimoi, I'll take it to the main junction of the express in a cooler and shout to passersby to come and buy moimoi elewe.
I've only sold fabrics twice but we sell moimoi everyday.
Oga was feeling ashamed when he first told me about it. But I didn't see anything to be ashamed of coz he isn't lazy and he's a really good guy
So, uncle you can use morning and afternoon to learn the tech stuff someone told you here
Then in the afternoon -evening, fry Akara and sell, and make sure you keep money everyday.
If you make 2k, keep 1k, if you make 3k, keep 2k as savings. The remaining ones you didn't put in savings is your running capital, it should be use in getting what you need for business e.g more beans or more ororo when you have small left, or charcoal.
And don't spend the profits for your personal bills for like 2 weeks so you don't cripple the business from start. That means you should get foodstuffs at home while getting what you need to start up the business and don't go on buying excessive things or things that are not really needed. Buying in few quantities, you can later get a place where you can buy stuffs at cheaper rate.
May God be with us all and bless our hustle.
You can call me sisi oni moimoi or sisi alaso
Great advice there especially your last paragraph, same mindset I have and working on, relocated recently and about to start a business which will likely kickoff this month...

Your last paragraph says it all and same should also applies to salary earners, most times I don't even spend my salary at all because I already budgeted money I will spend for the next few months from previous salaries and that is how I have been able to save for this business and of course with support from parents.

1 Like

Re: Should I Just Venture Into Akara Business??? by emmaodet: 6:39am On Sep 05, 2022
anuofGod:

You're still asking.
I finished NYSC in August. My boyfriend got me a shop
The money I saved from allowee and the one my parents and brother gave me, I put everything into fabric selling business.

My boyfriend also finished NYSC with me. He studied architecture, he already learnt it before going to higher institution, so he's very very very good at it. His PPA boss gave him all his projects to supervise, to draw and even attend board meeting on a federal government project for the man.
Long story short, after NYSC, no job
He applied for job, none is forthcoming
One day he told me he wants to be selling beans, I said no way, after calculating the cost and capital, I said moimoi elewe (leaf moimoi) is better.
We started looking for space by main road, we no see, everyone was saying there's no space.
I convinced him to come and use the front of my shop
I learned how to wrap moimoi in leaves from my mum when I was very young.
That's how we started, we spent about 35k getting big pot, tire rim coal pot, turning stick, portion spoon, ororo, maggi, leaves, half bag of charcoal etc
Now we're making sales, even though it's not that huge but alhamdulilah.
Sometimes when it's 6pm and we still have plenty moimoi, I'll take it to the main junction of the express in a cooler and shout to passersby to come and buy moimoi elewe.
I've only sold fabrics twice but we sell moimoi everyday.
Oga was feeling ashamed when he first told me about it. But I didn't see anything to be ashamed of coz he isn't lazy and he's a really good guy
So, uncle you can use morning and afternoon to learn the tech stuff someone told you here
Then in the afternoon -evening, fry Akara and sell, and make sure you keep money everyday.
If you make 2k, keep 1k, if you make 3k, keep 2k as savings. The remaining ones you didn't put in savings is your running capital, it should be use in getting what you need for business e.g more beans or more ororo when you have small left, or charcoal.
And don't spend the profits for your personal bills for like 2 weeks so you don't cripple the business from start. That means you should get foodstuffs at home while getting what you need to start up the business and don't go on buying excessive things or things that are not really needed. Buying in few quantities, you can later get a place where you can buy stuffs at cheaper rate.
May God be with us all and bless our hustle.
You can call me sisi oni moimoi or sisi alaso

Now …….. this is the type of Lady we have been crying about.
A hustler with her bf. Not the one that will abandon him and monkey-branch to a ready made guy.
You are the old fashion type lady like our mums.
I only hope we still have more of you around.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Just Venture Into Akara Business??? by Great2021(m): 7:28am On Sep 05, 2022
emmavictory:
Before I forget, please don't fry anything in the afternoon. Use the afternoon to rest. You can fry morning, evening or both morning and evening. But make sure you have a day break. Maybe Sunday. You can reach me further to guide you on how to process the beans. It will be faster, easier and stress free
are you into the biz?
Re: Should I Just Venture Into Akara Business??? by SaturnNick(m): 7:31am On Sep 05, 2022
doggedfighter:

I understand it.

Put yourself together and plan your exit.

It may not be easy but with time you will see whatever you are doing working .

Don't get discouraged if it seems you took a wrong step leaving teaching.

You will win at the end.

I love you, baby kiss
I appreciate you so much. Your words really have me a push. Have a Great Day
Re: Should I Just Venture Into Akara Business??? by Nobody: 8:04am On Sep 05, 2022
emmaodet:

Now …….. this is the type of Lady we have been crying about.
A hustler with her bf. Not the one that will abandon him and monkey-branch to a ready made guy.
You are the old fashion type lady like our mums.
I only hope we still have more of you around.
Yes we are here, we are still around but very few. �
Re: Should I Just Venture Into Akara Business??? by emmaodet: 9:20am On Sep 05, 2022
Rozross:
Yes we are here, we are still around but very few. �

En en.
I have been thinking sef of making you my second wife.
I think you need to sleep over it, while the offer last.
Don’t let this offer sleep-off your hand.
It is once in a life time offer. Many ladies will kill to have their hands on it.
Rose, think about it before we talk our love life offline, behind the preying eyes of nairaland sharks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Just Venture Into Akara Business??? by Nobody: 9:27am On Sep 05, 2022
emmaodet:

En en.
I have been thinking sef of making you my second wife.
I think you need to sleep over it, while the offer last.
Don’t let this offer sleep-off your hand.
It is once in a life time offer. Many ladies will kill to have their hands on it.
Rose, think about it before we talk our love life offline, behind the preying eyes of nairaland sharks.
� area mama like me no fit be second option ooo, enjoy your life dear. Nothing do you

1 Like

Re: Should I Just Venture Into Akara Business??? by emmaodet: 9:42am On Sep 05, 2022
Rozross:
� area mama like me no fit be second option ooo, enjoy your life dear. Nothing do you

Hahahaha

Okay ooo

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Government Job And A Firm: Time To Pick One / Mckinsey Recruitment / 6 Things Job Seekers Do That Sabotage Their Interview Chances

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.