Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,619 members, 7,823,708 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:43 PM

HELP! I Got Charged $10 By Gtb For Receiving Find From Payoneer - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / HELP! I Got Charged $10 By Gtb For Receiving Find From Payoneer (820 Views)

Modified: HOW I WITHDREW LESS THAN 50$ FROM PAYONEER / Can I make withdrawals from Payoneer Card of less than $50 / You Can Earn Minimum Of $10 By Posting Article, Liking And Commenting On Post (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

HELP! I Got Charged $10 By Gtb For Receiving Find From Payoneer by Linzo(m): 10:35pm On Sep 03, 2022
Good evening everyone. I'm having a little concerned with receiving fund from payoneer to my GTB dormicillary account.

Each time I make withdrawal from payoneer to my GTB dormicillary account, I will get alert of $10 less of what I withdrew from payoneer.

Note: this is not payoneer charge, for example last week I withdrew $989 and payoneer charged me $18 for service charge and also send me the receipt. But I receiving alert of $961 instead of $971.

This has been happening every month, I have contacted payoneer, they said I should contact my bank. And went to my branch to complain and still they said I should contact the sender. Well, I wonder who is the sender than me.

Please house, who has had similar experience? Is it normal or someone is taking my money. I have not been able to make withdrawal for my last month earning which is above $1k because of fear of what of this.
Re: HELP! I Got Charged $10 By Gtb For Receiving Find From Payoneer by twosquare(m): 3:30am On Sep 04, 2022
I believe the issue is from GTB...or supposedly the handler's fee (intermediary bank). Someone is definitely lying.

The sender is Payoneer, and no one is willing to bear responsibility.

You need to research GTB's fee if there is any...or open one with Fidelity Bank and see if it is still happening. If it is, then the issue is from the supposedly intermediary bank or handler's fee.

Rather use Payoneer to buy stable coins and sell via p2p on binance if you want the black market rate or keep your currency in dollars pending when you want to sell.
Linzo:
Good evening everyone. I'm having a little concerned with receiving fund from payoneer to my GTB dormicillary account.

Each time I make withdrawal from payoneer to my GTB dormicillary account, I will get alert of $10 less of what I withdrew from payoneer.

Note: this is not payoneer charge, for example last week I withdrew $989 and payoneer charged me $18 for service charge and also send me the receipt. But I receiving alert of $961 instead of $971.

This has been happening every month, I have contacted payoneer, they said I should contact my bank. And went to my branch to complain and still they said I should contact the sender. Well, I wonder who is the sender than me.

Please house, who has had similar experience? Is it normal or someone is taking my money. I have not been able to make withdrawal for my last month earning which is above $1k because of fear of what of this.
Re: HELP! I Got Charged $10 By Gtb For Receiving Find From Payoneer by DesignMaestro(m): 6:56am On Sep 04, 2022
It is payoneer that charged you $10 not GTB. You should contact their customer care reps since amount you are withdrawing is more can $500. Moreover, you said GTB staff told you to contact the sender. Payoneer are criminals. How I wish we have plethora of options.

If you are withdrawing your earning in dollars and the amount is not more than $500, they will rip you off. Unless you withdraw into your Naira account which they will give you far too low exchange rate.

I think that is insane. They are just exploiting us. But do we have choice? Freelancing from Nigeria is difficult. Imagine you earn $100 from Fiverr. FIVERR charge $3 for withdrawal to payoneer and payoneer gives you two terrible options:

1. Withdraw to your Naira account at the rate of NGN406 or
2. Withdraw to your domiciliary account and be charged $10 since the amount is not more than $500.

However, it is still mathematically better to withdraw into your domiciliary and pay $10 than to withdraw at N406 per dollar.

Imagine if one can work on fiverr from Nigeria and withdraw directly into his Nigerian domiciliary account with no third party.
Re: HELP! I Got Charged $10 By Gtb For Receiving Find From Payoneer by wasiubello: 9:21am On Sep 04, 2022
DesignMaestro:
It is payoneer that charged you $10 not GTB. You should contact their customer care reps since amount you are withdrawing is more can $500. Moreover, you said GTB staff told you to contact the sender. Payoneer are criminals. How I wish we have plethora of options.

If you are withdrawing your earning in dollars and the amount is not more than $500, they will rip you off. Unless you withdraw into your Naira account which they will give you far too low exchange rate.

I think that is insane. They are just exploiting us. But do we have choice? Freelancing from Nigeria is difficult. Imagine you earn $100 from Fiverr. FIVERR charge $3 for withdrawal to payoneer and payoneer gives you two terrible options:

1. Withdraw to your Naira account at the rate of NGN406 or
2. Withdraw to your domiciliary account and be charged $10 since the amount is not more than $500.

However, it is still mathematically better to withdraw into your domiciliary and pay $10 than to withdraw at N406 per dollar.

Imagine if one can work on fiverr from Nigeria and withdraw directly into his Nigerian domiciliary account with no third party.
That will be much na, accounting to OP payoneer has charged him $18 then another additional $10 from Nowhere , so total will be $28=N19,600 charge to get ones earning. God help us in this country to overcome this someday

2 Likes

Re: HELP! I Got Charged $10 By Gtb For Receiving Find From Payoneer by cybernaut(m): 11:30am On Sep 04, 2022
Sell your Payoneer fund at 530/$ to exchangers like me . I will buy all your Payoneer fund with good rate above Payoneer naira rate. Chat me up zero eight zero six five eight three five four four nine.
Best rate ever from Payoneer to Payoneer
Re: HELP! I Got Charged $10 By Gtb For Receiving Find From Payoneer by Talktalk2022: 12:33pm On Sep 04, 2022
Person Dey withdraw to dorm account sell at black market rate 680/$ ? Make he sell for you foe 530/$ ? You be clown or you fit say the OP nor wise ?

cybernaut:
Sell your Payoneer fund at 530/$ to exchangers like me . I will buy all your Payoneer fund with good rate above Payoneer naira rate. Chat me up zero eight zero six five eight three five four four nine.
Best rate ever from Payoneer to Payoneer

1 Like

Re: HELP! I Got Charged $10 By Gtb For Receiving Find From Payoneer by cybernaut(m): 1:22pm On Sep 04, 2022
Talktalk2022:
Person Dey withdraw to dorm account sell at black market rate 680/$ ? Make he sell for you foe 530/$ ? You be clown or you fit say the OP nor wise ?

relax,while Payoneer buy at 430/$. Assume ,you sell 100$ to Payoneer they will send 43,000 to your dorm account and 43,000 is not upto $100 even if you sell at 680/$ that's why you need good exchanger like me
Re: HELP! I Got Charged $10 By Gtb For Receiving Find From Payoneer by HRprof: 1:36pm On Sep 04, 2022
Linzo:

The $10 extra charges is from your bank not from Payoneer. I use my Ecobank dom account to withdraw from my Payoneer with no extra charges outside Payoneer charge. Bank can only charge me for withdrawal from bank, I discovered anytime I withdraw from bank I get commission change between $0.01 to $0.15 depending on the amount I withdrawn. Payoneer do inform their client that some bank do change for deposite outside payoneer charges so it depend on the bank you use.
Re: HELP! I Got Charged $10 By Gtb For Receiving Find From Payoneer by HRprof: 6:03pm On Sep 04, 2022
cybernaut:
relax,while Payoneer buy at 430/$. Assume ,you sell 100$ to Payoneer they will send 43,000 to your dorm account and 43,000 is not upto $100 even if you sell at 680/$ that's why you need good exchanger like me
Payoneer don’t convert dollar to be withdrawn to dollar account this can only happen to those who use their Naira account to withdraw from Payoneer therefore Payoneer use their conversion rate for dollar to Niara . I withdraw to my dollar account and exact amount I have on my Payoneer in dollar after Payoneer charges is what I get into my dollar account and I withdraw from my dom account and sell to aboki rate . So market those who don’t withdraw with dom account.
Re: HELP! I Got Charged $10 By Gtb For Receiving Find From Payoneer by Krak(m): 7:01pm On Sep 04, 2022
twosquare:
I believe the issue is from GTB...or supposedly the handler's fee (intermediary bank). Someone is definitely lying.

The sender is Payoneer, and no one is willing to bear responsibility.

You need to research GTB's fee if there is any...or open one with Fidelity Bank and see if it is still happening. If it is, then the issue is from the supposedly intermediary bank or handler's fee.

Rather use Payoneer to buy stable coins and sell via p2p on binance if you want the black market rate or keep your currency in dollars pending when you want to sell.

Pls can you teach me how to use Payoneer to buy coins on Binance?
Re: HELP! I Got Charged $10 By Gtb For Receiving Find From Payoneer by DesignMaestro(m): 7:04pm On Sep 04, 2022
wasiubello:

That will be much na, accounting to OP payoneer has charged him $18 then another additional $10 from Nowhere , so total will be $28=N19,600 charge to get ones earning. God help us in this country to overcome this someday
Amen.

(1) (Reply)

Biogas Storage Bags Available In Nigeria At Cheaper Prices / Tony Elumelu Acquired His First Bank At Age 34 / Urgent Information Required On Sales Promoting Agencies:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.