Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,163 members, 7,811,366 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:21 AM

Where Does The Bullet Of A Gun Shot In The Air Goes To? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Where Does The Bullet Of A Gun Shot In The Air Goes To? (2481 Views)

Where Does The Bullet Of A Gun Shot In The Air Goes To? / Engineer Takes The Bullet Meant For His Mother, Dies As Friends Mourn / Soldier Dies After Being Shot In The Face By Armed Attackers. Disturbing Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Does The Bullet Of A Gun Shot In The Air Goes To? by HarlequinLekex: 10:07am On Sep 05, 2022
Does it disappear in the air or finally lands back on the ground if the latter is so,is there any effect if it lands on human?
Re: Where Does The Bullet Of A Gun Shot In The Air Goes To? by dex4sure: 10:10am On Sep 05, 2022
What goes up...will surely come down....the force the bullet used in going up is not thesame force when coming down. It won't have any effect when it lands on human's body

9 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Where Does The Bullet Of A Gun Shot In The Air Goes To? by Samfloxin(m): 10:10am On Sep 05, 2022
Where does your urine go after rising up?

5 Likes

Re: Where Does The Bullet Of A Gun Shot In The Air Goes To? by budaatum: 10:12am On Sep 05, 2022
Now, this would be an experiment.

If you shoot vertically upward, the bullet is likely to land on the spot you stand on I would think. So we just need to apply gravity and calculate the speed of the bullet when it lands on your head, though I confess I've never tried it so don't quite know.

3 Likes

Re: Where Does The Bullet Of A Gun Shot In The Air Goes To? by Brainmytool: 10:20am On Sep 05, 2022
To heaven grin just joking

If it was shot straight to the sky it will land in its take off spot. But if the gun was pointed at a specific angle then we take the bullet into consideration as a projectile. Where the speed, angle and direction of bullet will be examined to ascertain its landing location.

I stand to be corrected

3 Likes

Re: Where Does The Bullet Of A Gun Shot In The Air Goes To? by advanceDNA: 10:25am On Sep 05, 2022
dex4sure:
What goes up...will surely come down....the force the bullet used in going up is not thesame force when coming down. It won't have any effect when it lands on human's body

Normally stray bullet shot in the air shouldn't have piercing effect when it lands on human body...
But when i was 13years old a bullet came through the roof, ceiling, and broke our glass centre table..narrowly missed my elder brother
.it was that day i started to suspect that when village people have your time....the small exception to the general rule can come to play

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Where Does The Bullet Of A Gun Shot In The Air Goes To? by YeyeGbami: 10:35am On Sep 05, 2022
advanceDNA:

Normally stray bullet shot in the air shouldn't have effect when it lands on human body...
But when i was 13years old a bullet came through the roof, ceiling, and broke our glass centre table..narrowly missed my elder brother
.it was that day i started to suspect that when village people have your time....the small exception to the general rule can came come to play

It will have effect simply because e still dey travel, while descending it will gain speed and the shape is designed to pierce.

2 Likes

Re: Where Does The Bullet Of A Gun Shot In The Air Goes To? by Light78: 10:40am On Sep 05, 2022
budaatum:
Now, this would be an experiment.

If you shoot vertically upward, the bullet is likely to land on the spot you stand on I would think. So we just need to apply gravity and calculate the speed of the bullet when it lands on your head, though I confess I've never tried it so don't quite know.

It can never land on the same spot. There would be a collision. Air in the atmosphere would push it as it reaches its limit before landing. As it begins to decelerate( side collision), air pushes it with low speed, then it comes to a final stop, then it falls. As it falls, air pushes it also.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Where Does The Bullet Of A Gun Shot In The Air Goes To? by advanceDNA: 10:43am On Sep 05, 2022
YeyeGbami:

It will have effect simply because e still dey travel, while descending it will gain speed and the shape is designed to pierce.

Change in direction will change speed..the force it used in coming out of the gun's chamber can never be the same it will sigficantly reduce when making a free fall under gravity's pull...

For a bullet to pierce you after being shot in the air...it has to turn the opposite direction and gain enough speed pointing the sharp edge...fight air resistance and so on...u see why i called it unfortunate scenario??

2 Likes

Re: Where Does The Bullet Of A Gun Shot In The Air Goes To? by Graceunlimitedd(m): 10:56am On Sep 05, 2022
dex4sure:
don't worry.
when next it's shot and the bullet returns back and lands on your body, you'll change this narrative

1 Like

Re: Where Does The Bullet Of A Gun Shot In The Air Goes To? by budaatum: 11:11am On Sep 05, 2022
Light78:

It can never land on the same spot. There would be a collision. Air in the atmosphere would push it as it reaches its limit before landing. As it begins to decelerate in speed, air pushes it with low speed, then it comes to a final stop, then it falls. As it falls, air pushes it also.

I too doubt it would land on the same spot, though he might be lucky if he compensates for wind deflection, but I don't think it will decelerate in speed as it fall.

It would decelerate as it rises until it stops and then free falls at 9ms², is what I think. Air Resistance might resist this but the ergonomics of a bullet might leave enough force to penetrate a skull if he gets the wind deflection angle correct.

The following might educate us.
https://www.newscientist.com/lastword/mg25233622-900-can-bullets-fired-upwards-cause-injuries-when-they-return-to-earth/

1 Like

Re: Where Does The Bullet Of A Gun Shot In The Air Goes To? by YeyeGbami: 11:47am On Sep 05, 2022
budaatum:

I too doubt it would land on the same spot, though he might be lucky if he compensates for wind deflection, but I don't think it will decelerate in speed as it fall.

It would decelerate as it rises until it stops and then free falls at 9ms², is what I think. Air Resistance might resist this but the ergonomics of a bullet might leave enough force to penetrate a skull if he gets the wind deflection angle correct.

The following might educate us.
https://www.newscientist.com/lastword/mg25233622-900-can-bullets-fired-upwards-cause-injuries-when-they-return-to-earth/

Exactly what i said up there, even when descending bullet is still dangerous and can kill.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Where Does The Bullet Of A Gun Shot In The Air Goes To? by Ikea81: 12:17pm On Sep 05, 2022
dex4sure:

Lie o. Bullet wey burst roof of car penetrate seat will surely kill the driver if he was in his seat

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Where Does The Bullet Of A Gun Shot In The Air Goes To? by Nobody: 12:19pm On Sep 05, 2022
hahahah
Re: Where Does The Bullet Of A Gun Shot In The Air Goes To? by youngZee23: 12:57pm On Sep 05, 2022
Light78:

It can never land on the same spot. There would be a collision. Air in the atmosphere would push it as it reaches its limit before landing. As it begins to decelerate( side collision), air pushes it with low speed, then it comes to a final stop, then it falls. As it falls, air pushes it also.
Will it kill someone if it land on u..
Re: Where Does The Bullet Of A Gun Shot In The Air Goes To? by Uchiha14: 1:24pm On Sep 05, 2022
My best friend found a bullet in his backyard that ruined his dog's cage
Re: Where Does The Bullet Of A Gun Shot In The Air Goes To? by Figger(m): 2:38pm On Sep 05, 2022
advanceDNA:

Normally stray bullet shot in the air shouldn't have piercing effect when it lands on human body...
.it was that day i started to suspect that when village people have your time....the small exception to the general rule can come to play
I've also encountered this same scenario, a bullet from nowhere pierced our roof top and ceiling and fell right at my feet, very warm. The funny thing is I didn't hear any gun shot so I was wondering...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Where Does The Bullet Of A Gun Shot In The Air Goes To? by 7buckz(m): 2:58pm On Sep 05, 2022
All these science NERDS go full this thread now

Re: Where Does The Bullet Of A Gun Shot In The Air Goes To? by vinceyinnovation: 3:03pm On Sep 05, 2022
Small question now, thread wan enter 2 pages.

The answer is simple:

The bullet disappears or it becomes a spirit.
Re: Where Does The Bullet Of A Gun Shot In The Air Goes To? by Entanglement: 3:11pm On Sep 05, 2022
dex4sure:
who told you?
When coming down it got twice as much the force been shot up, hence coming down as stray bullet.
If that stray bullet hit you na die sure ohh.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Where Does The Bullet Of A Gun Shot In The Air Goes To? by Nobody: 4:58pm On Sep 05, 2022
HarlequinLekex:
Does it disappear in the air or finally lands back on the ground if the latter is so,is there any effect if it lands on human?
Please
Have you heard of the word "PHYSICS" before?
IF no, then we can start from there!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Where Does The Bullet Of A Gun Shot In The Air Goes To? by dreu2fine(m): 5:18pm On Sep 05, 2022
HarlequinLekex:
it goes to your village
Re: Where Does The Bullet Of A Gun Shot In The Air Goes To? by LienwaltAbel(m): 5:30pm On Sep 05, 2022
It would definitely fall back to the earth. O think it's even capable of causing injuries.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Where Does The Bullet Of A Gun Shot In The Air Goes To? by Nobody: 6:02pm On Sep 05, 2022
Interesting....
Re: Where Does The Bullet Of A Gun Shot In The Air Goes To? by Jazzman01: 6:14pm On Sep 05, 2022
advanceDNA:

It must have been shot nearby. Again it depends on the type of gun we are talking about. Mounted machine guns can still rip a human apart at a distance of 2000Metres (2KM) while sniper rifle have the longest range and can be still be lethal at about 3500Metres. (3.5KM)
Re: Where Does The Bullet Of A Gun Shot In The Air Goes To? by Jazzman01: 6:32pm On Sep 05, 2022
advanceDNA:

Change in direction will change speed..the force it used in coming out of the gun's chamber can never be the same it will sigficantly reduce when making a free fall under gravity's pull...

For a bullet to pierce you after being shot in the air...it has to turn the opposite direction and gain enough speed pointing the sharp edge...fight air resistance and so on...u see why i called it unfortunate scenario??

Air resistance is negligible due to the streamlined shape of the bullet. So it will still fall with considerable speed and will possess a great deal of energy depending on the height. Using the P.E Equation (Mgh) you can see even though the mass is negligible, if the height is much, it will possess quite alot of energy and this will be felt when it strikes any surface.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Where Does The Bullet Of A Gun Shot In The Air Goes To? by iHateFraudsters: 6:32pm On Sep 05, 2022
By the time it goes up and reaches its peak, it's starts falling down.

The wind will push it in different directions.

It can never land on the same spot if it's shot vertically

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Where Does The Bullet Of A Gun Shot In The Air Goes To? by Nobody: 7:14pm On Sep 05, 2022
It falls to the ground but with no force
Re: Where Does The Bullet Of A Gun Shot In The Air Goes To? by chypotenti(m): 8:26pm On Sep 05, 2022
Jazzman01:

Air resistance is negligible due to the streamlined shape of the bullet. So it will still fall with considerable speed and will possess a great deal of energy depending on the height using the P.E Equation (Mgh) you can see even though the mass is negligible, if the height is much, it will possess quite alot of energy and this will be felt when it strikes any surface.
Abeg wetin you just talk so??
Re: Where Does The Bullet Of A Gun Shot In The Air Goes To? by Krak(m): 8:51pm On Sep 05, 2022
HarlequinLekex:

There is something called Parabolic Arc.
Re: Where Does The Bullet Of A Gun Shot In The Air Goes To? by HarlequinLekex: 10:00pm On Sep 05, 2022
MALIGNANTGuest:

Please
Have you heard of the word "PHYSICS" before?
IF no, then we can start from there!
the reason why i asked is because when gun is shot into the air during protest to disperse the crowd ,the crowd will be dispersed and the bullets will eventually land but what of the striking effect on human and things on the normal ground or floor
I understand all this projectile,trajectory,motion under gravity,max height and the rest
Re: Where Does The Bullet Of A Gun Shot In The Air Goes To? by HarlequinLekex: 10:00pm On Sep 05, 2022

(1) (2) (Reply)

Efcc Storms Benin And See Yahoo Boys Jump From Roof Tops / Latest Video By Boko Haram! / Living Faith Church (AKA Winners Chapel) Youth Leader Leads Robbery Gang.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.