Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,130 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:54 PM

love-vendor Your Xp To: Ubuntu Linux - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / love-vendor Your Xp To: Ubuntu Linux (1365 Views)

Using Mtn Modem On Ubuntu Linux / Ubuntu Linux / Using Ubuntu Linux As Internet Gateway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

love-vendor Your Xp To: Ubuntu Linux by Ralvy(m): 4:46pm On Aug 17, 2007
If you really dig the ubuntu style but you're not interested in installing the OS and going through all the stress,
There's a simple windows visual style that 'll transform your XP to Ubuntu.
The Style is really cool, I uninstalled VTP7 to use this.
It also transforms your Icons, bootskin and many more,

I'm working on a link, and I'll post it once it's ready.

See Screenshot below,

Re: love-vendor Your Xp To: Ubuntu Linux by adewaleafolabi(m): 5:00pm On Aug 17, 2007
Thanks ralvy at least i wud make me a little bit more comfortable with working with xp
Re: love-vendor Your Xp To: Ubuntu Linux by bigrovar(m): 5:09pm On Aug 17, 2007
if e no be panadol e no fit be like panadol, no matter what u do xp /vista can NEVER BE like UBUNTU, Never, i just install compiz fusion and it is crazy, NOTHING You CAN DO TO WINDOZE would giv it 5% of what u get on beryl not to talk of compiz fusion, and the good thing is that u don't have to break the bnk to get these effect to work, even on an ancient graphic card will run beryl unlike wondoze vISTA that needs 2gb of ram and 128MB OF ram, ubuntu just needs 64mb and u are good, please lets not even talk of security and stability, cus that is yet another story,

Re: love-vendor Your Xp To: Ubuntu Linux by bigrovar(m): 5:19pm On Aug 17, 2007
the picture would never tell u the real story, GET UBUNTU

Re: love-vendor Your Xp To: Ubuntu Linux by Ralvy(m): 6:12pm On Aug 17, 2007
@bigbrovar;

I am not saying you will get the complete Ubuntu look,  that's impossible, 
It's like saying when you install flyakiteOSX, u get a Complete mac look,
So Man, this is just a transformation pack.
And this transformation pack can do everything you have illustrated above.
The Installation pack is 345MB, you can imagine, I got it from a frend who came in from south africa,
Not downloaded, thats y a link is not yet available.
Re: love-vendor Your Xp To: Ubuntu Linux by bigrovar(m): 6:31pm On Aug 17, 2007
@ Ralvy
i feel u mahn, grin i just wanted to make it clear so that non of those microserfs will get it twisted, u doing a good job here man and it would be nice if u are made an administrator for computer section, cus u are always everywhere helping pple , u are a great asset to this thread mahn, straight from the heart, smiley wink cheesy shocked
Re: love-vendor Your Xp To: Ubuntu Linux by sukieboy(f): 1:38pm On Aug 28, 2007
Whatever, the Ubuntui look and feel is great. better than not having it at all
Keep it up man
thanks
Re: love-vendor Your Xp To: Ubuntu Linux by sukieboy(f): 1:50pm On Aug 28, 2007
@Bigbrovar
Guy!!, ur ubuntu looks are really cool. I downloading ubuntu now. Thanks man. buthow good is ubuntu is server services?
I do a lot of server services with Red Hat and Fedora core, and would really love to do some with Ubuntu.

pls just hail me back with tanang22002@yahoo.co.uk
cheers man
Sukie
Re: love-vendor Your Xp To: Ubuntu Linux by baani(m): 9:11pm On Aug 28, 2007
watz up, im opin some one will pls tell mi the real differnce btw linus/ubuntu and windowz op, i hv heard fm ppl tht linus/ubuntu is not as plain and easy to understand as windows and it can crash a system if a command is written wrongly
Re: love-vendor Your Xp To: Ubuntu Linux by adewaleafolabi(m): 9:45pm On Aug 28, 2007
http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show.php/Easy+various+links+manager?content=61603
http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show.php/Perl+Audio+Converter?content=25766

@sukieboy welcome to the ubuntu linux world. Server service on ubuntu is a breeze, its so easy, i don't know jack about php and the rest and yet i was able to configure a web server for myself. I host a guestbook on it running apache and cherooke, so if me that i don't know jack can do it how much more you with the experience.
@banni thats a lie, you can't crash your pc, cause there are permissions not like windows xp, and before u'll be able to crash your pc, then you must have gone the extramile. And since i've been using linux i've never had a crash apart from a case which was beyond the ordinary, i can say 'divine punishment'
Re: love-vendor Your Xp To: Ubuntu Linux by bigrovar(m): 11:22pm On Aug 28, 2007
baani:

watz up, im opin some one will please tell mi the real differnce between linus/ubuntu and windowz op, i hv heard fm people that linus/ubuntu is not as plain and easy to understand as windows and it can crash a system if a command is written wrongly

afo don't mind that guy he is just another Winjunk fanboy, u feel linux is out to crash ur system,destroy ur harddrive, and kidnap u, u get what u deserve, WINDOZE
Re: love-vendor Your Xp To: Ubuntu Linux by adewaleafolabi(m): 11:49pm On Aug 28, 2007
@bigbrovar abeg free the guy, he was caught up in the monopoly and remeber you and i were also once like him, until we knew better
Re: love-vendor Your Xp To: Ubuntu Linux by RichDad1(m): 6:23pm On Aug 29, 2007
@ Ralvy,
I can't find the link on the Ubutu Skin cry cry cry
Re: love-vendor Your Xp To: Ubuntu Linux by Ralvy(m): 6:40pm On Aug 29, 2007
Visit www.wincustomize.com and search wink
Re: love-vendor Your Xp To: Ubuntu Linux by RichDad1(m): 6:48pm On Aug 29, 2007
Ralvy:

Visit www.wincustomize.com and search wink

Man,i don search tire.couldn't find anything that match it, please provide me a link, cry cry cry cry cry thanks
Re: love-vendor Your Xp To: Ubuntu Linux by Ralvy(m): 7:05pm On Aug 29, 2007
lols, that'll be tumorrow, I'll c u - I'm hungry!
Re: love-vendor Your Xp To: Ubuntu Linux by RichDad1(m): 4:26pm On Aug 30, 2007
TODAY!!TODAY!!! I AM WAITING grin grin grin grin
Re: love-vendor Your Xp To: Ubuntu Linux by Ralvy(m): 6:59pm On Aug 30, 2007
Ahh! sorry, the work load was too much for me at the office,

2moro, It's a Promise!!!
Re: love-vendor Your Xp To: Ubuntu Linux by RichDad1(m): 3:21pm On Aug 31, 2007
Oga Ralvy,
TODAY! TODAY!!TODAY!!! If i no see the link i swear i am not leaving here cry cry cry cry cry
No more tommorow(remember 2morrow never ends) grin grin grin grin grin
Byheway i like that you screen shot ooo shocked shocked shocked shocked The one with Flyokite (is that the proffessional Version?)
Re: love-vendor Your Xp To: Ubuntu Linux by waxyweller: 2:23pm On Sep 05, 2007
Please post the link sir, we cant wait to install it

Re: love-vendor Your Xp To: Ubuntu Linux by RichDad1(m): 5:09pm On Sep 05, 2007
Ralvy:

Ahh! sorry, the work load was too much for me at the office,

2moro, It's a Promise!!!

I said it earlier tommorow never ends cheesy cheesy cheesy. Typical Naija Style cheesy >Oga Ralvy i hope say you never abandon me for this thread I always benefit from your tutorials and hints .SOS please cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: love-vendor Your Xp To: Ubuntu Linux by adewaleafolabi(m): 10:11pm On Sep 05, 2007
Don't you know that ralvy got banned ?
You won't be hearing from ralvy in a long while
Re: love-vendor Your Xp To: Ubuntu Linux by waxyweller: 10:24am On Sep 06, 2007
Oh shit, undecided undecided undecided

(1) (Reply)

Diamond Bank/pack & Shop Laptop Sales Promo / Sell Your Bad/spoilt Or Old Laptops For Cash, Not Less Than Pentium M / 5 GB Of Free Storage Google Drive, The End Of Dropbox?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.